00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Streamers Universe Animation War

40,396 Views | 77 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Animators! @Streamers just kicked off an animation contest here on NG, with $3k in prizes.

From @Streamers:

Welcome to the Streamers Universe Animation War!

This Animation War is an experiment in community-based world-building! The goal is to bring together a wide range of creators to play in the same sandbox. Each submission will find a way into the backstory of the planet and the ongoing space opera. 

Rules for Entering:

• Create an animation that incorporates (at least) 1 of the 3 factions
  • Include the “Neriene2” tag when uploading to Newgrounds.
  • Minimum Length: 15 sec.
  • No copyright music/video.
  • Tag Streamers when posting to Social Media.
  • Join the Streamers Universe Discord
  • Subscribe to Streamers on YouTube

Factions:

Nerion: An expanding fascist regime with illusions of robot-superiority. They changed the name of the planet to Neriene-2 after occupying and enslaving the original inhabitants.

Rodite: Once a large, peaceful civilization, this flightless species was enslaved and forced to extract precious metals from the planet to fund the expansion of their mechanical overlords.

TXR: A well established empire in neighboring star systems. The TXR has decided to send a division of its military to take control of the planet from the Nerion. The Rodite have sided with them in the hopes of liberation however, many are unsure if TXR rule will be any better…

Notes: 

All animation styles are welcome!

There is no right or wrong way to approach this... The provided backstory of the planet and each faction is intentionally limited to encourage you to generate part of the world yourself. The name of the game is world-building. Be creative, your imagination is the limit. 

Prize Distribution:

1st: $1,000

2nd: $750

3rd: $500

4th: $300

5th: $150

6th: $100

7th: $50

8th: $50

9th: $50

10th: $50

Judging:

• 1st place will be chosen by us at Streamers. 
  • Submissions will be evaluated on creativity, effort, and setting relevance. Upvotes and video ratings will also be considered. 
  • Winners will be announced during one of our livestreams following the end of the voting period.
  • 2nd - 10th place prizes will be determined by a panel of judges from the NG community.

Submission Deadline: December 12th, 2021 (Sunday, 11:59 PM PST)

Voting Closes: December 17th, 2021 (Friday, 11:59 PM PST)

Streamer Links:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC050eMozfSV_LWzSG299w

Discord: https://discord.gg/U8jHv4hJwU

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/streamers.universe/

iu_460676_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:03:32

This is incredible :0

*xin laugh*

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:05:44

iu_460680_9267773.png

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:38:47

This is gonna be epic

Proud member of the NO FAP INITIATIVE. Join us! Together we are unbeatable!

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:39:33

this contest is SO FUCKING AWESOME

i'm really excited to watch the entries!!

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:50:51

Great idea!

I wonder if different storytellers are going to form a community and develop a kind of central lore to draw from, so more and more characters and settings and stuff are shared throughout. Kinda like the SCP community. We'll see! Good luck teams!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 10:56:32

reminds me of war on rayuba.

extremely interesting i hope this will be annual thing

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:11:12

Hey, Do you have any art assets to work off of like LOGO's/Symbles, model sheets, and background environments? Those would be quite helpful to have those.

What a great idea for an animation contest! I'm really excited to see the results of this.

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:19:39

I'm free for voice acting if anyone needs/desires.

Not sure how much a project such as this warrants it but thought I would offer. Not interested in payment or cut of prize just wanna be a help.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:24:28

At 11/1/21 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: Animators! @Streamers just kicked off an animation contest here on NG, with $3k in prizes.

From @Streamers:

This Animation War is an experiment in community-based world-building! The goal is to bring together a wide range of creators to play in the same sandbox. Each submission will find a way into the backstory of the planet and the ongoing space opera. 

Rules for Entering:

Factions:

Nerion: An expanding facist regime with illusions of robot-superiority. They changed the name of the planet to Neriene-2 after occupying and enslaving the original inhabitants.

Rodite: Once a large, peaceful civilization, this flightless species was enslaved and forced to extract precious metals from the planet to fund the expansion of their mechanical overlords.

TXR: A well established empire in neighboring star systems. The TXR has decided to send a division of its military to take control of the planet from the Nerion. The Rodite have sided with them in the hopes of liberation however, many are unsure if TXR rule will be any better…

Notes: 

There is no right or wrong way to approach this... The provided backstory of the planet and each faction is intentionally limited to encourage you to generate part of the world yourself. The name of the game is world-building. Be creative, your imagination is the limit. 

Prize Distribution:

Judging:

Streamer Links:

perfect

obama

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:40:20

At 11/1/21 11:11 AM, REJAnimation wrote: Hey, Do you have any art assets to work off of like LOGO's/Symbles, model sheets, and background environments? Those would be quite helpful to have those.

yes!!! I’ll upload the logos tonight when I’m back at my PC

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:42:15

sounds cool, um the halloween icons are still up. It should be mariah carey season now.

Also first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:50:42

this sounds really interesting, and time frame seems pretty alright too, i may have to try animating something for this event

Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 11:50:59

Along with model sheets and the other things I said?

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 12:26:36

Got it, the best is the video

thebulbmin

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 13:52:37

This sounds great. Can't wait to check it out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 13:55:13

Once again offering my services as a VA. Besides being part of the NG VA Collab, I've done stuff like:

Mr. Potato Head in the upcoming Toy Story 2 - Redialed

A parody of Joel Miller

Some king or other

Voicing my own writing attempts

And sometimes I sing too

Feel free to hit me up if you think you can use my skills. Good luck to all competitors!

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 13:58:43

If anybody is making a game and needs a beta tester, let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 14:00:55

Animators! If you need help with voices feel free to reach out to me! Always willing to help!

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 14:13:40

$1,000?! DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN

Chainsaw Boi

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 14:36:23

At 11/1/21 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: Animators! @Streamers just kicked off an animation contest here on NG, with $3k in prizes.

From @Streamers:

Rules for Entering:

Factions:

Nerion: An expanding facist regime with illusions of robot-superiority. They changed the name of the planet to Neriene-2 after occupying and enslaving the original inhabitants.

Notes: 

Prize Distribution:

Judging:

Streamer Links:

Less get it (っ-̶●̃益●̶̃)っ

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 14:44:03

At 11/1/21 02:13 PM, Chainsaw-Devil wrote: $1,000?! DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN

I know right. I could definitely use 1000 dollars.

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 15:35:23

At 11/1/21 11:50 AM, REJAnimation wrote: Along with model sheets and the other things I said?

Yees I’ll upload a bunch of assets, I think I’ll make a Google drive folder with everything and post the link somewhere in the discord

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 16:20:04

At 11/1/21 03:30 PM, RelchBelch wrote: What the hell I'll give it a shot sounds like it will be a fun time!! Cant wait to see how all the animations turn out!!

Go for it, and good luck. Let me know what you come up with.

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 16:52:36

With a fucking grand on the line for first, I am so damn excited to see peoples work!

Catabigna

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 16:57:40

At 11/1/21 04:52 PM, Catabinga wrote: With a fucking grand on the line for first, I am so damn excited to see peoples work!

You know that they will be bring out the A game material. Should be one of the best events of the year.

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 17:00:06

Can you give a short rundown of what this event really is? I'm fucking lost just 1 grand prize pog

Catabigna

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 20:05:04

sounds fun good lucky guys xD

BBS Signature

Response to Streamers Universe Animation War 2021-11-01 20:08:36

At 11/1/21 08:03 PM, Lorenzo9999 wrote: That's a Google pic

Well, yeah. Everything is a on google these days. lol

BBS Signature