00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You!

11,136 Views | 54 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Too much is happening this month! Some highlights:

We’re hosting a Halloween Spooktacular with prizes for art, animation, games and music.

Milkypossum is hosting a Spooky Jam for anyone down to animate something with her Halloween song.

Winners of our Summer Animation Jams series have been announced.

Madness Day winners have been announced.

Dead Estate Art Contest winners have been announced.

Dead Estate is now available on Steam!

The Winner of Ludum Dare 49 has been announced and it’s @SinclairStrange! His game Burning Ravager is currently download-only. Check out our Ludum Dare collection for web game entries.

2-Factor Authentication

I’d like to remind everyone that NG has 2-Factor Authentication and it’s always a good idea to have it on your account, for added security. You’ll find it on your Account Options page, under “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” in the Account Details section.

If you tried to log in this weekend and had to update your password, that was a whoopsie on our part; we were trying to secure long-dormant accounts and the script went a little wild and impacted 15+ year old accounts that weren't long-dormant.

iu_452407_1.png

BTW you can use "Manage Sessions" to log out your NG sessions on other devices and "Download options" can be used to download the content you've uploaded here.

Audio Portal

We’ve been busy with non-glamorous projects in recent months. Last month we rolled out a content ID system for the Audio Portal, to catch stolen music before it gets published. There are occasional false positives and cases where it’s the actual musician uploading their own music and for that we built a system for appeals to get stuff through. 

This system became necessary because every day, ~100 people upload songs they hope to use in the Geometry Dash level editor, not realizing only scouted artists on the GD whitelist can be featured. This has been an endless assault for years now, having to find and remove these uploads every day. For years we couldn’t afford an automated recognition service but it became more affordable over time. The new system has been a massive help on this front and we can all breathe a bit easier moving forward.

Also a reminder that NG can’t host movies and games with unlicensed commercial music! If you’re looking for music, here are some resources.

Thank You!

I’d just like to thank everyone who has been sharing their work on NG. There is so much great stuff being posted across all the portals every day and it deserves way more eyeballs than we can give it. Hopefully more eyeballs will keep finding their way to NG in the coming months and years. 

So far we’ve made it through all of 2021 without running ads on anything but the adult-rated content and a big goal is to reduce and ultimately remove the ads on those pages as well. We’ll need a lot more Supporters to achieve that, so THANK YOU everyone who has given your support! We’re currently hovering just under 5,700 active Supporters and hope to figure out how to double that. If even 1% of our daily new sign-ups became Supporters, we’d double it in half a year.

iu_452406_1.jpg

I think NG is doing something pretty cool where we make a site that is free for everyone, doesn’t collect and share/sell personal data and increasingly runs without ads, all with the hope that enough people will pay to sustain it. Newgrounds keeps getting better thanks to your support!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 10:45:19

Can i sell you my data

First post also.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 10:47:22

inb4 luis

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 10:53:06

At 10/22/21 10:45 AM, Luis wrote: Can i sell you my data

First post also.

I already have your personal data; I know you'll be day drinking with @Boss today.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 11:19:47

Awesome to see that NG is doing a lot better now than in some of the past few years when it was kind of a struggle. It probably helps to have projects like Project Nexus and Friday Night Funkin' put more eyes on the site.

Is good be not f*cked by the hackers now:)

The last time it i viewed some bots,this happened on may of this year.

You already got hacked on 1995-2020?

we are all sons of bitches...

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 12:37:07

At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: I’d just like to thank everyone who has been sharing their work on NG. There is so much great stuff being posted across all the portals every day and it deserves way more eyeballs than we can give it. Hopefully more eyeballs will keep finding their way to NG in the coming months and years. 

First waving a knife on Frontpage, now the desire for eyeballs... Newgrounds really is going all out for this Halloween!!!

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 12:56:23

I love this site and the community around it, so glad to see it thriving after such a long time.

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 13:01:45

bring back the old NG AP layout

kek

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 13:06:59

Thank you and all the peoples who keep Newgrounds live and healthy even when passing through hard times.

i will love to become a supporter one day, for now, i just can be glad to have a amazing place to post "mah shiets" \o/

Keep up with the good work !

Life is a game !

BBS Signature

At 10/22/21 11:53 AM, PenisPolice wrote:
Last month we rolled out a content ID system for the Audio Portal, to catch stolen music before it gets published. There are occasional false positives and cases where it’s the actual musician uploading their own music and for that we built a system for appeals to get stuff through.
This... This makes me happy. I have been wanting you to get this for a few years now.
The only caveat with this now is my covers. If this works like YouTube's content ID system, I'll be having to appeal with submission of proof of my license almost every time.

We aren't running checks on scouted artists at the moment, since they are more visible and generally get caught when they steal music... Plus most of the cases where that has happened, the new system would have caught the artist before they ever got scouted. It would definitely be a mess to content ID scouted artists because a good number have their music in distribution systems that result in it getting Content ID'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 14:19:49

I remember back then you used to have about 3,500 supporters last year, now above 5,700. God damn, this community never failed to surprise me.

also, when are we getting Art Portal multi-author?

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 14:40:57

haha would it be funny if i got another supporter subscription on my alt haha

Octillery Social Credit Test DX | Octillery VS Collection

You ever take a rat...cut it open, stick your pee pee in, let it live? You remind me of that rat.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 14:54:02

First post also.

ok

Cayden XD

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 15:29:46

At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’ll need a lot more Supporters to achieve that, so THANK YOU everyone who has given your support!

You're very much welcome. Always good to publish, how much work has to be done in the background. Makes people appreciate it even more and hopefully, some will turn into supporters. Remember:

• Just one less Coke per month and you can afford becoming a supporter.
  • Just one less bag of chips per month and you can afford becoming a supporter.
  • Just one less buy in you favourite free-to-play smartphone game and you can afford becoming a supporter.
  • Just one less Condom per month and ... hm, that is maybe a bad hint.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 15:31:35

At 10/22/21 02:19 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: also, when are we getting Art Portal multi-author?

A lot of distractions have continually pushed that back but hopeful it won't drag out much longer.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 15:37:04

At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: Too much is happening this month! Some highlights:

We’re hosting a Halloween Spooktacular with prizes for art, animation, games and music.

Milkypossum is hosting a Spooky Jam for anyone down to animate something with her Halloween song.

The Winner of Ludum Dare 49 has been announced and it’s @SinclairStrange! His game Burning Ravager is currently download-only. Check out our Ludum Dare collection for web game entries.

2-Factor Authentication

I’d like to remind everyone that NG has 2-Factor Authentication and it’s always a good idea to have it on your account, for added security. You’ll find it on your Account Options page, under “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” in the Account Details section.

BTW you can use "Manage Sessions" to log out your NG sessions on other devices and "Download options" can be used to download the content you've uploaded here.

Audio Portal

We’ve been busy with non-glamorous projects in recent months. Last month we rolled out a content ID system for the Audio Portal, to catch stolen music before it gets published. There are occasional false positives and cases where it’s the actual musician uploading their own music and for that we built a system for appeals to get stuff through. 

This system became necessary because every day, ~100 people upload songs they hope to use in the Geometry Dash level editor, not realizing only scouted artists on the GD whitelist can be featured. This has been an endless assault for years now, having to find and remove these uploads every day. For years we couldn’t afford an automated recognition service but it became more affordable over time. The new system has been a massive help on this front and we can all breathe a bit easier moving forward.

Also a reminder that NG can’t host movies and games with unlicensed commercial music! If you’re looking for music, here are some resources.

Thank You!

I’d just like to thank everyone who has been sharing their work on NG. There is so much great stuff being posted across all the portals every day and it deserves way more eyeballs than we can give it. Hopefully more eyeballs will keep finding their way to NG in the coming months and years. 

So far we’ve made it through all of 2021 without running ads on anything but the adult-rated content and a big goal is to reduce and ultimately remove the ads on those pages as well. We’ll need a lot more Supporters to achieve that, so THANK YOU everyone who has given your support! We’re currently hovering just under 5,700 active Supporters and hope to figure out how to double that. If even 1% of our daily new sign-ups became Supporters, we’d double it in half a year.

I think NG is doing something pretty cool where we make a site that is free for everyone, doesn’t collect and share/sell personal data and increasingly runs without ads, all with the hope that enough people will pay to sustain it. Newgrounds keeps getting better thanks to your support!

Tom you probably won’t see this but I am having a bet this boy was in the Halloween art collab iu_452578_9327227.jpgscamming people into clicking there website even worse the game was E for everyone

spooky scary skeleton and shivers down my arse

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 15:42:33

At 10/22/21 03:29 PM, Manderby wrote:
At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’ll need a lot more Supporters to achieve that, so THANK YOU everyone who has given your support!
You're very much welcome. Always good to publish, how much work has to be done in the background. Makes people appreciate it even more and hopefully, some will turn into supporters. Remember:

For 2022 we should get everyone to make a resolution to give up one unhealthy thing that costs at least $3 per month and swap it for supporting NG!

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 16:37:15

Thanks for all the Dead Estate hype Tom!

It's been a wild few days, and we owe so much to the Newgrounds community!!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 17:13:36

At 10/22/21 10:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:

First post also.
I already have your personal data; I know you'll be day drinking with @Boss today.

I mean i wont mind if you did that you just cant sell it you can send me memes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

giled chese

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 17:14:00

At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: Too much is happening this month! Some highlights:

2-Factor Authentication

Audio Portal

Thank You!

Another bit is here my goodiu_452632_9327227.jpg

spooky scary skeleton and shivers down my arse

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 18:07:41

Been appreciating that 2-Factor Authentication thing for at least a year now I think! And now content ID, woah, remember hearing earlier that just would never be relevant/affordable/possible here, but times really be changing...

So much awesomeness going on here lately it's hard to keep up with! Awesome times.

Thank y'all for your endless devotion to this place too! Through the darkest years and onward. Things are looking so bright now this light's kinda dazzling...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 18:11:36

no, thank you, I’m stuck like glue. In a good way. I’ll always support NG.

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 18:59:06

At 10/22/21 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: I think NG is doing something pretty cool where we make a site that is free for everyone, doesn’t collect and share/sell personal data and increasingly runs without ads, all with the hope that enough people will pay to sustain it.

This is a very rare sight to behold...

iu_452721_2256189.webp

Usually there's at least some third party gathering data from somewhere (facebook, google, etc) but Newgrounds literally has nothing that Brave considers worth blocking

Newgrounds is a good fuckin' site and I hope you guys continue doing what you do

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 19:16:03

If you brought security key (physical hardware) authentication into the 2FA options, I'd become a supporter again indefinitely and purchase all of the previous years' supporter badges. Having the submission-access delays is inconvenient, but I'd like to begin supporting the site again if I knew I would be the only person able to access my account.

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 19:53:35

You're the fucking man Tom!

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 19:56:41

mm yes

Sausage Master 11

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 20:38:11

Thank you for making such an kickass site, Tom! Love the new updates to the Audio portal, too. :)

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-22 22:00:29

Wow, I’ll check that out and I’m excited for Halloween and all the fun Halloween stuff on Newgrounds! :)

Pink Sparkles PonyGirl201642

BBS Signature

Response to Events, 2FA, Audio and Thank You! 2021-10-23 06:57:50

First Project Nexus, then Dead Estate, and now this.

It's been a great month for Newgrounds.

art by numeneko

BBS Signature