00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Madness Day and Gaming News

9,827 Views | 95 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Madness Day is one week away; Wednesday, September 22nd!

@Krinkels has announced over $2000 in prizes for the best Madness-themed Animation, Art and Music.

This year is extra special because MADNESS: Project Nexus is releasing on Steam on September 29th, one week after Madness Day! 

This is a massive new Madness game developed by @Krinkels and @The-Swain, be sure to add it to your wishlist. Also don’t miss the Project Nexus Release Date trailer, produced by @AlmightyHans and directed by @InputUnknown, formally known as Eiomaru. I still think about what could have been with Newgrounds: Forsaken City.

We’re kicking off the Madness season with a new site skin by @GlitchArtTV and we’ll be rotating through several new Madness-themed skins in the weeks ahead. If you aren't familiar with Madness, check it out.

There’s a lot happening in gaming this month!

@SudakaGames has announced a Dirty Wars Gameplay Trailer. Dirty Wars: September 11 is a first-person stealth game about the military coup in Chile 48 years ago, where you play the role of a member of the resistance.

Eskimo Bob fans will be happy to hear that Alfonso's Arctic Adventure has been ported to Switch and Xbox.

I’ve been playing Toodee and Topdee this month, a clever platform puzzle game where you switch between 2D and topdown perspectives. @dietzribi hosted an art contest here on NG, check out the winners!

@Noodle also hosted an art contest to celebrate The Fancy Pants Adventures: Classic Pack coming to Steam.

In progress now is a Cloud Bashers Art Contest, hosted by @JasoonMargoon.

@CryoGX’s Kickstarter for Advent NEON has reached its goal but has some great stretch goals, take a look!

@BerserkBoy released a free Berserk Boy Demo on Steam, go play today!

@Hyptosis announced The Prince of Landis, coming to PC and consoles. It helps devs a lot when you wishlist their games, please consider doing so.

Musicians: @goldenPiGames is hosting a Towside Audio Jam, where you create more than one version of the same song so that it can crossfade to fit mood shifts.

I think that’s it! Be sure to check out the Best of August and the Final Round of our Summer Animation Jams, currently in progress.

Oh and here's something for the Funkheads.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 10:21:58

After 6 years of waiting.....finally....

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 10:28:18

Hurray! I'm so proud of all the devs, they work so hard, and I'm gald that's paying off!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 10:31:04

i feel like im having a positive feels in me

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 10:57:22

Well, it's about time.

the fucking mother I can't wait for this shit to see the fans doing animations, arts, and music I'm going to participate> :)

Holy shit! I had no idea a Madness game of this calibre was being developed. I don't play games much anymore, but I think this will be worth purchasing. The videos look so cool!

hm, i'll be optimistic for once. i'm looking forward to madness day!

...hoping under 10% of the madness day submissions are animation tests

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 11:42:29

I BELIEVE ON YOU ALL

Hi there. :)

Feel Me

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 12:32:25

well- guess it's time to draw some fanart lol

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 12:54:48

Finally Project Nexus will come out Hank willing!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 13:16:51

Madness Nexus coooool

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 13:23:07

WOHOO, This is the most exciting thing since I started (and yes I finished) watching Madness! Can't wait!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 14:05:07

Man, I'm gonna have an awesome first Madness Day!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!)

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 14:19:17

Yooo CryoGX's game is sick as hell! I've been following the project for a few months now and I'm pleased to see him fulfilling the game of his dreams. I'm especially excited for Project Nexus. That game was THE STUFF back in the day! I love how the entirety of NG comes together to watch Honk and his pals beating the ever loving shit out of face less grunts. Gotta love Tom for promoting these lads and lasses. Man, I bloody ADORE NG.

Also haha funni funky game

WowLookAtThisGamerRightHereHolyShit

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 14:29:25

At 9/15/21 09:42 AM, TomFulp wrote: This year is extra special because MADNESS: Project Nexus is releasing on Steam on September 29th, one week after Madness Day! 

At long last...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 14:51:14

An extra special Madness day sound awesome. its about time.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 15:28:33

MADNESS oh my god

the funny game

It's too bad Kruno quit newgrounds before madness game was released. What a dummy!

Also first post before the madness game comes out.

None

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 16:56:55

Don't care about the prize money tbh.

But this does give me inspiration for creating another art piece.

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 17:16:36

time to do some fanart c:

Eita Eita Eita

- trenzin191

BBS Signature

If there's anyone searching for some action music for their Madness animation, my music is free for non commercial projects! Please feel free to use it!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 17:47:43

Nice.

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 17:55:25

At 9/15/21 10:21 AM, NapoleonRB wrote: After 6 years of waiting.....finally....

=D .

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 18:01:48

At 9/15/21 03:28 PM, JBMINERLOL wrote: MADNESS oh my god

Madness Day will be here before you know it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 18:28:26

FINALLY!!!!

this is gonna be sick!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 18:41:27

Shoot I remember Madness 2008 and I was so freaking young but this will give me memories!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 19:07:31

At 9/15/21 09:42 AM, TomFulp wrote: Madness Day is one week away; Wednesday, September 22nd!

@Krinkels has announced over $2000 in prizes for the best Madness-themed Animation, Art and Music.

This year is extra special because MADNESS: Project Nexus is releasing on Steam on September 29th, one week after Madness Day! 

This is a massive new Madness game developed by @Krinkels and @The-Swain, be sure to add it to your wishlist. Also don’t miss the Project Nexus Release Date trailer, directed by @AlmightyHans.

We’re kicking off the Madness season with a new site skin by @GlitchArtTV and we’ll be rotating through several new Madness-themed skins in the weeks ahead. If you aren't familiar with Madness, check it out.

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 19:30:20

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO!

Response to Madness Day and Gaming News 2021-09-15 20:07:51

important question

How tall is the auditor?