00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Poll: Where were you on 9/11?

752 Views | 61 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-11 22:44:27

Hi. I'm just a little curious about this.

Where were you on 9/11?

I was at home, about to go out to do some job hunting, and my dad called my mother on the phone to tell her to turn the TV on. My family and I watched the terrorist attack against the World Trade Center live on TV.

What about you? Please help. Thank you.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-11 22:47:56

At 9/11/21 10:44 PM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I'm just a little curious about this.

Where were you on 9/11?

I was at home, about to go out to do some job hunting, and my dad called my mother on the phone to tell her to turn the TV on. My family and I watched the terrorist attack against the World Trade Center live on TV.

I wasn't even a fetus

Some things I say are opinions and other realities, and there is only one reality, the mine, and what you have just read is not an opinion, it is a reality.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-11 22:49:02

At 9/11/21 10:47 PM, Omni-RHX wrote:

Where were you on 9/11?

I wasn't even a fetus

Okay, so you are less than 20 years of age. Thank you for sharing.

4th grade. I recall my mom picking me up from school really early that day, didn't think much of it until we started heading to the grocery store. On the radio, she wasn't listening to Country Music, but some random guy talking. I asked her what's up, and that's when she told me what had happened. I was 10 years old, and didn't really grasp the severity of it until a few days later.

I used to be TNT

Latest song cover: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Discord: Tyler From Texas #2030

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 07:02:33

First day of school.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

At 9/11/21 11:21 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: 4th grade. I recall my mom picking me up from school really early that day, didn't think much of it until we started heading to the grocery store. On the radio, she wasn't listening to Country Music, but some random guy talking. I asked her what's up, and that's when she told me what had happened. I was 10 years old, and didn't really grasp the severity of it until a few days later.

I probably felt the way you did when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 17:07:26

At 9/11/21 10:47 PM, Omni-RHX wrote:

Where were you on 9/11?

I wasn't even a fetus

Well I was

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 17:43:50

in high school, someone told me to watch the television as it was happening

had our high school math teacher on a trip to NY at the time, took her about a month to get back

it was pretty surreal at the time, ngl

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 18:42:06

6th grade and I remember it was gym and I think we were learning to square dance and when we got back to class our teacher told us what happened.

At 9/12/21 08:28 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 9/11/21 11:21 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: 4th grade. I recall my mom picking me up from school really early that day, didn't think much of it until we started heading to the grocery store. On the radio, she wasn't listening to Country Music, but some random guy talking. I asked her what's up, and that's when she told me what had happened. I was 10 years old, and didn't really grasp the severity of it until a few days later.
I probably felt the way you did when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up.

I didn't grasp the severity of that space shuttle blowing up live on TV as I watched it blow up and I didn't get it until after I saw a memorial service on TV for all the astronauts who died in that shuttle afterwards if I remember right. This was something that happened decades ago.

As youngsters people don't necessarily process the severity of tragic events as they witness them on TV and/or as they hear them going on over the radio right away.

Don't feel bad @TylerFromTexas.

I do hope those people who were killed were Saved.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 22:51:51

At 9/11/21 10:44 PM, ngman7 wrote:

I recently graduated from art school and I was looking for a job. My dad used to joke around a lot. My mother and I thought he was joking when he called her to tell us to watch the WTC attack on TV.

One of my cousins and her friend were near the WTC when the attacks transpired, as I mentioned in another thread. Thank God they weren't in the WTC when the attacks happened.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-12 23:07:50

1st or 2nd grade. Didn't remember anything about it because while every parent was picking up their child early, my mom figured no terrorist would ever care to attack a small town in Tennessee, so she just picked me up at the normal time. None of the teachers said anything that stood out to me because I was probably too focused on coloring or something. Couldn't really comprehend something like that.

Stepdad was even more callous. Basically said "yeah, but that doesn't really affect me" when he heard the news.

Newest Track: Topless (September 8, 2021)

BBS Signature

I was walking to school and a friend of mine ran up to me and said, "One of the twin towers got hit! by a plane!"

I responded, "oh ok."

I had no idea what the twin towers were and didn't really care to be honest. Only because at my age I couldn't comprehend the enormity and scope of the attack. Hell, I didn't even know it was an attack. All classes were spent watching news broadcasts that day. When the second tower got hit, then eventually collapsed, I still didn't care. I was a bored, dumb, apathetic kid.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-13 05:24:36

Where were you on 9/11?

I hadn't been born yet, but i feel some of the pain.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-13 16:16:20

probably in my dad's nutsack

i missed out on all the action

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-13 16:19:19

At 9/13/21 04:16 PM, JizzyJazz wrote: probably in my dad's nutsack

Why are so many people under 20 responding to this thread? LOL.

To the people under 20 responding to this thread you all could just simply say you all weren't born yet.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-13 18:54:14

I wasn't born yet but here's an interesting 9/11 story for yah.

My Dad's co-worker at the time didn't even find out about 9/11 until September 14th or 15th. The guy wasn't out in the woods or anything he just was very reserved and didn't talk much. He didn't listen to the radio, didn't watch TV, he just went to work and then read when he was at home. He didn't even read the newspaper.

3 or 4 days after 9/11 he heard some other people in my Dad's office talking and he asked them what they were talking about. They pretty much said "What do you mean? Do you not know?" They then informed him about what had happened.

He didn't have a disability or anything, he was just shy I guess. Funny thing is he probably could have gone another week or so without finding out about it if he hadn't decided to talk to his co-workers.

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-13 20:53:40

At 9/13/21 04:19 PM, ngman7 wrote:

To the people under 20 responding to this thread you all could just simply say you all weren't born yet.

I don't remember 9/11 because I wasn't even 5 years old at the time.

All of these people should clue you in it's a lot longer ago than you think and you're getting old.

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 04:59:54

On a plane.

Go and subscribe and comment on my flies.

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 05:37:06

In da womb.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Ko-fi

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 06:19:40

a sperm cell

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 07:30:49

At home, playing with a toy while my father watched it from his TV. I didn't really understand what was going on. I was like 5.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 08:04:40

Where were you on 9/11?

I wasn't born yet, my mom was still pregnant with me (I was born 2 months after 9/11). However the first person in my family to have seen 9/11 was my grandmother. She went to my parent's room and said "a plane has hit a building in america" or something along the lines of that.

Make movie, drink strawberry milk, eat sandwich, skate

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 11:38:54

At 9/13/21 08:53 PM, Letiger wrote:
At 9/13/21 04:19 PM, ngman7 wrote:

I don't remember 9/11 because I wasn't even 5 years old at the time.

All of these people should clue you in it's a lot longer ago than you think and you're getting old.

9/11 occurred on September 11th, 2001. That was 2 decades ago.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 12:18:01

Sophmore in high school (can't remember the class). We all just cut the tv own and watched the news that period.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 13:52:56

Where were you on 9/11?

Gestating inside my mother

nothing to see here definently not kidnapped by bart simpson!!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 21:02:44

i was still a sperm cell

Wasn't even born yet. Guess I'm not qualified to answer because of that, but I've heard a few stories from some relatives over the years.

My mom was at the gym and watched it on TV while my dad was at work. My aunt was in the hospital so she could give birth to my cousin a few days later. I always wanted to hear more of her story, but I haven't spoken to her in years.

I should ask my sister and brother what they remember. They were both in school, and the stories where people were at school always seem to be the most interesting.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-14 22:15:47

Fort Gordon, GA. My squad and I were doing Sergeant's time training setting up an antenna. We first heard it over the radio, but didn't get clear details. At first we thought it was a small commercial craft. Then about 15 minutes later we got a call to break down, and report back to the company office.

Next couple of days were pretty damn stressful. My company ended up sleeping on the gym floor for about a week (never mind the barracks were literally a block away). Think there was a fear that there might be a bombing there.

Response to Poll: Where were you on 9/11? 2021-09-15 05:59:54

in my dad's ballsack