00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Summer Animation Jams Round 4!

113,191 Views | 141 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 18:02:41

At 8/18/21 06:00 PM, GodOfFury wrote: Sounds fun!
For lip sync purposes, Can we have the lyrics of the loop? please n.n

Life is like a dream now,

(Life is like a dream now)

Come fight the boss with me now.

(Come fight the boss with me now)

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 18:44:00

OMG!

thebulbmin

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 18:44:38

Is it bad if at the time of putting the song it marks 162 frames?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 18:49:47

A week? Give me a few hours, and I can promise you, it'll be just as good as if you gave me the full week!

And by that, I mean rubbish!

But yeah, ok.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 18:59:18

Can i make a 3d animation ?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 19:10:17

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 20:13:05

At 8/18/21 06:49 PM, Little-Rena wrote: A week? Give me a few hours, and I can promise you, it'll be just as good as if you gave me the full week!

And by that, I mean rubbish!

But yeah, ok.

Oh yeah, a little over an hour, get in!

Thanks!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 21:15:41

At 8/18/21 06:59 PM, EdN1s wrote: Can i make a 3d animation ?

Yup!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 21:18:29

newgrounds party dancing

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 23:37:58

Are Flash SWF files allowed?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-18 23:42:01

At 8/18/21 11:37 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Are Flash SWF files allowed?

I don't see why not, though you can always use swivel to convert SWF to HD video

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 00:05:05

My animation senses are tingling. Hopefully I can prevent myself from getting too ambitious with this one. The six second time limit definitely makes things interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 00:22:58

At 8/18/21 02:19 PM, HENOOB wrote: A Just Dance cartoon would be interesting

I would be up for checking it out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 00:33:20

are the prizes referring to the summer jams overall or just this round?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 00:37:10

At 8/19/21 12:33 AM, craftersshaftstuff wrote: are the prizes referring to the summer jams overall or just this round?

Overall, here are the current standings at the end of Round 2: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1478064

Mathematically it's still possible for someone who has yet to participate in any previous round to place in the Top 3 by participating in Round 4 and in the final round; Round 5.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 05:00:57

At 8/18/21 02:19 PM, HENOOB wrote: A Just Dance cartoon would be interesting

yeah it would

i farded

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 06:50:32

Does the sample have to be preciselly the one shown in Bb's movie? If yes, how do I download it? I don't feel like cutting it from the original audio because I feel like it would turn out way too imprecise

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 07:43:33

At 8/18/21 02:11 PM, TomFulp wrote: NOTICE: We updated the song loop file at 4:29PM EST per a suggestion from @CzySzy. Your animation should now be 160 frames, not 159. Be sure to update your file if you had already downloaded it!

Via Summer Jams organizer @BrandyBuizel:

Summer Animation Jams ROUND 4

ROUND 4 begins TODAY and this is gonna be a short one, you have ONE WEEK.

This is the second to last round of the Summer Animation Jams and your second to last chance to move up in the leaderboard. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you haven't before!

Never-Ending Dance Jam
“Together we can make one amazing, never-ending dance party!”

This time around we’re highlighting your quality as animators more than previous rounds which focused on story-telling and dialogue or anything else! There’s not really any need to collaborate this round, the more entries the merrier, but you may work together with the same rules as before. We’ll be supplying a short snippet from the following song down below to be used in all your entries.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1063277

@BrandyBuizel and @Derpidraws whipped up a couple example entries for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/810705

[Derpidraws example coming soon]

Create a short dance loop to the clip provided below. Go crazy, get weird, flex your choreography skills across 6 seconds and make the most impressive animation you can to the beat. In the end we’ll be able to watch all the entries seamlessly across the tag for theoretically forever! There’s a few rules to keep track of so please pay attention to the jam requirements.

JAM REQUIREMENTS

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Never-Ending-Dance” to enter.

[Download the Loop]

It’s a never-ending dance party with @ConnorGrail and @milkypossum at the center.

ROUND 4 Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - I’m very tired, but this has been fun so far! Also King of the Portal :D

@ConnorGrail - Connor makes music for video games such as SELF, Tankmas 2020, and MELT. This is their first dip into the “psytrance” genre and I’m gonna call it a BOP.

@milkypossum - Lovely vocalist you’ll be hearing on repeat, she also makes her own kickass jams solo.

@Derpixon - Returning judge and quality animator. They’re here because they heard you’ve got style and flair so you better bring your best to this round!

@Aaron-Long - Creator of the beloved Sublo & Tangy Mustard who knows plenty when it comes to makin’ a funny little bird shake his tail feathers.

@k7vin - This lad can churn out a stellar rough animation in under an hour with a ballsy use of perspective and make it loop! We shall see if you can do the same.

@Luis - He can’t keep your secrets nor his own, that’s why everyone knows he’s a talented pixel animator with a keen eye for breakdancing and tight loops.

Judges can choose to participate in a round, but they will not be considered in the rankings for that round.

Due Date:
Wednesday, August 25th 11:59PM PST

Happy animating and wish @ConnorGrail a happy birthday on August 24th!

Don’t be late to submit cause we’ll be getting freaky on a friday night with a 24-hour livestream of every submission all day and all night to the Newgrounds Festivals YouTube Channel on August 27th.

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

The Top 3 Winners Overall will receive a custom, commemorative Newgrounds shirt exclusive to the Summer Animation Jams(and they are sooooo comfy). The winners will get their pick from 4 special designs currently being worked on by a very talented illustrator, each receiving a one-of-a-kind prize to wear and brag about online and at the next Newgrounds meetup. The 4th design that remains will be sold online for a limited time at the end of the summer and all proceeds will go directly to kickstarting the next Newgrounds Animation Jam!

@BrandyBuizel will reach out to the winners via Newgrounds DM for shipping addresses when the winners have been announced and the jams have concluded.

@ScarecrowArts, @SrPelo, and Newgrounds each tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @AlantheBOX, @CorTat-G, @wheezl and @VariantSeven each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid, @Butzbo, @Saminat and @CaperCube each gave $50, @NickSenny and @mochabaebae $30, @MKMaffo $25, @ConnorGrail $20 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $1,400 + 1st place winner shirt
2nd - $950 + 2nd place winner shirt
3rd - $750 + 3rd place winner shirt
4th - $550
5th - $450
6th - $300
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

Each winner will also receive a copy of The Story Goes On by @ScarecrowArts on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch), and two copies of Frame Game, an upcoming game from @CaperCube and @stejkRobot on Steam (demo on newgrounds).

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams.

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. This round is a great example of collaborative minds coming together to produce the theme!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 07:46:54

At 8/19/21 07:43 AM, Julia97 wrote:
At 8/18/21 02:11 PM, TomFulp wrote: NOTICE: We updated the song loop file at 4:29PM EST per a suggestion from @CzySzy. Your animation should now be 160 frames, not 159. Be sure to update your file if you had already downloaded it!

This is the second to last round of the Summer Animation Jams and your second to last chance to move up in the leaderboard. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you haven't before!

Never-Ending Dance Jam

This time around we’re highlighting your quality as animators more than previous rounds which focused on story-telling and dialogue or anything else! There’s not really any need to collaborate this round, the more entries the merrier, but you may work together with the same rules as before. We’ll be supplying a short snippet from the following song down below to be used in all your entries.

@BrandyBuizel and @Derpidraws whipped up a couple example entries for your viewing pleasure:

Create a short dance loop to the clip provided below. Go crazy, get weird, flex your choreography skills across 6 seconds and make the most impressive animation you can to the beat. In the end we’ll be able to watch all the entries seamlessly across the tag for theoretically forever! There’s a few rules to keep track of so please pay attention to the jam requirements.

JAM REQUIREMENTS

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Never-Ending-Dance” to enter.

[Download the Loop]

It’s a never-ending dance party with @ConnorGrail and @milkypossum at the center.

ROUND 4 Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - I’m very tired, but this has been fun so far! Also King of the Portal :D

@ConnorGrail - Connor makes music for video games such as SELF, Tankmas 2020, and MELT. This is their first dip into the “psytrance” genre and I’m gonna call it a BOP.

@milkypossum - Lovely vocalist you’ll be hearing on repeat, she also makes her own kickass jams solo.

@Derpixon - Returning judge and quality animator. They’re here because they heard you’ve got style and flair so you better bring your best to this round!

@Aaron-Long - Creator of the beloved Sublo & Tangy Mustard who knows plenty when it comes to makin’ a funny little bird shake his tail feathers.

@k7vin - This lad can churn out a stellar rough animation in under an hour with a ballsy use of perspective and make it loop! We shall see if you can do the same.

@Luis - He can’t keep your secrets nor his own, that’s why everyone knows he’s a talented pixel animator with a keen eye for breakdancing and tight loops.

Judges can choose to participate in a round, but they will not be considered in the rankings for that round.

Due Date:

Don’t be late to submit cause we’ll be getting freaky on a friday night with a 24-hour livestream of every submission all day and all night to the Newgrounds Festivals YouTube Channel on August 27th.

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

The Top 3 Winners Overall will receive a custom, commemorative Newgrounds shirt exclusive to the Summer Animation Jams(and they are sooooo comfy). The winners will get their pick from 4 special designs currently being worked on by a very talented illustrator, each receiving a one-of-a-kind prize to wear and brag about online and at the next Newgrounds meetup. The 4th design that remains will be sold online for a limited time at the end of the summer and all proceeds will go directly to kickstarting the next Newgrounds Animation Jam!

@BrandyBuizel will reach out to the winners via Newgrounds DM for shipping addresses when the winners have been announced and the jams have concluded.

@ScarecrowArts, @SrPelo, and Newgrounds each tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @AlantheBOX, @CorTat-G, @wheezl and @VariantSeven each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid, @Butzbo, @Saminat and @CaperCube each gave $50, @NickSenny and @mochabaebae $30, @MKMaffo $25, @ConnorGrail $20 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

4th - $550
5th - $450
6th - $300
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

Each winner will also receive a copy of The Story Goes On by @ScarecrowArts on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch), and two copies of Frame Game, an upcoming game from @CaperCube and @stejkRobot on Steam (demo on newgrounds).

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams.

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. This round is a great example of collaborative minds coming together to produce the theme!

yay

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 08:25:08

At 8/19/21 06:50 AM, BigVinnieBoe wrote: Does the sample have to be preciselly the one shown in Bb's movie? If yes, how do I download it? I don't feel like cutting it from the original audio because I feel like it would turn out way too imprecise

Yes. Link : song loop file

Best wishes!

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 09:31:51

Never-Ending Dance Jam

JAM REQUIREMENTS

[Download the Loop]

ROUND 4 Judges:

Due Date:

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

4th - $550
5th - $450
6th - $300
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOO

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 09:37:47

Never-Ending Dance Jam

JAM REQUIREMENTS

[Download the Loop]

ROUND 4 Judges:

Due Date:

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

4th - $550
5th - $450
6th - $300
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

me is interested :D

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 12:05:42

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. This round is a great example of collaborative minds coming together to produce th

SailorRJ :)

BBS Signature

This gonna be fun!! :D

SailorRJ :)

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 12:10:16

I create a movie of this style? WTF! , I'm going to do this tomorrow!

iu_393833_9476019.gif

Henry singing for this movie!

thebulbmin

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 13:17:46

At 8/19/21 12:26 PM, BasilR wrote: Do we have to use other song's be side's that?

You can only use the snippet of that specific song.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 15:53:44

end of summer first post.

iu_394060_28372.gif

None

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 15:59:59

How do you enter a animation jam?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 16:06:49

At 8/19/21 03:59 PM, Creativerse wrote: How do you enter a animation jam?

Download the loop, make the animation 160 frames long, upload it to newgrounds and tag it properly

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 4! 2021-08-19 19:57:16

EPIC