00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Summer Animation Jams Round 3!

82,498 Views | 110 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-01 13:30:17

At 8/1/21 01:05 PM, Belthagor wrote:
At 8/1/21 01:03 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
At 8/1/21 12:47 PM, Belthagor wrote: I'm not sure where to post the entries so I guess here would be appropriate??

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/808186 (My Entry)
Use the tag specified in the rules on your entry
You mean Game-Fan-Jam? (Without quotation marks or with?)

without quotation marks. then it'll show up alongside other entries on the tag when you click on the tag or search it

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-01 20:48:47

Sure!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-02 07:06:28

At 7/28/21 12:59 PM, Cymbourine wrote: so thankful i got to make the banner for this theme... <3 cant wait to see everyone's entries! :]

Nice

hi how are u

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-03 11:23:20

I'd hope to see some entries for Epic Battle Fantasy around HERE!

Sounds awesome!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-05 05:28:40

Looking forward to it. Should be good times.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-05 08:53:56

I am triyng to upload a game but MAKING A HTML IS SO HARD 😡💢💢

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 09:18:22

At 7/28/21 12:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Update: Round 4 will start on Wednesday, August 18th and will be a less demanding jam with a one week deadline. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you haven't before!

Via Summer Jams organizer @BrandyBuizel:

Summer Animation Jams ROUND 3

Our judges for ROUND 2 need just a little more time (update: winners announced) to deliberate and choose the winners, but we want you all to have as much time as possible to create your animations for ROUND 3 and so...

ROUND 3 begins TODAY! Theme revealed further down in this post.

RULES and GUIDELINES

The entire event will be 4-5 rounds where individual creators are scored and awarded points according to their animation's ranking in each round. There are no eliminations and you are not required to participate in every round (though it will increase your chances of placing first).

Winners for each round will be announced within a week of each round conclusion. Points will be awarded as such:

1st: 15pts
2nd: 14pts
3rd: 13pts
4th: 12pts
5th: 11pts
6th: 10pts
7th: 9pts
8th: 8pts
9th: 7pts
10th: 6pts
11th: 5pts
12th: 4pts
13th: 3pts
14th: 2pts
15th: 1pt

By the end of the summer the creator with the most points will be crowned the winner!

You may work with a team or work on multiple entries per round, but each entry MUST specify the LEAD ANIMATOR who will get the points; this will be the project owner/author unless otherwise specified. You may only submit one entry per round as the lead animator.

The use of mixed-media is greatly encouraged this year though not at all a requirement. Bring your own personal brand and style in all of the works you submit or use these jams as an excuse to try something new!

Round 3 theme:

Game Fan Anim Jam
“Create a fan animation of a game or games published on NG in 2021”

The idea is pretty simple, nothing is cooler than receiving fanart, recently Friday Night Funkin' got to experience a ton of that love earlier this year in the form of an animation jam, but that's not the only extra-special, awesome web game on Newgrounds, so we're bringing the idea back in a bold new flavor.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/794738

Consider “Petrock Rocket Racing” by @DragonCoke, why do these little guys race? Do they feel? 

JAM REQUIREMENTS

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Game-Fan-Jam” to enter.

A bunch of fresh games were just submitted to @Figburn’s July Game Jam, browse the entries if you’d like to make something related to their theme: “Egg”.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources.

Browse the Games Portal and play some games!!

ROUND 3 Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - Did you expect someone else?

@TomFulp - Founder of Newgrounds, finalist contestant for the chillest guy on planet earth, and recently bestowed the “Pioneer Award” at the 2021 Game Developers Conference (GDC).

@ninjamuffin99 - The most followed user on Newgrounds, cityhoppin speedrunner, and the creative mind behind Breathing Simulator.

@64bitsanimation - These 3 guys know a little something about making successful and visually stunning fan animations for video games.

@Derpixon - Not only are they the 2nd most followed account on the website, but they make some pretty kickass video game parodies like Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 7.

@Figburn - Hosted the previously mentioned July Game Jam here on NG.

@Cymbourine - Our first returning judge, voice of one of the Monster Mashing girls, working on updating her Madness Dating Sim, creator of the rad promo banner down below, and GAMER!

Judges can choose to participate in a round, but they will not be considered in the rankings for that round.

Due Date:
Sunday, August 15th 11:59PM PST
Happy Animating!

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

The Top 3 Winners Overall will receive a custom, commemorative Newgrounds shirt exclusive to the Summer Animation Jams (and they are sooooo comfy). The winners will get their pick from 4 special designs currently being worked on by a very talented illustrator, each receiving a one-of-a-kind prize to wear and brag about online and at the next Newgrounds meetup. The 4th design that remains will be sold online for a limited time at the end of the summer and all proceeds will go directly to kickstarting the next Newgrounds Animation Jam!

@BrandyBuizel will reach out to the winners via Newgrounds DM for shipping addresses when the winners have been announced and the jams have concluded.

@ScarecrowArts, @SrPelo, and Newgrounds each tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @AlantheBOX, @CorTat-G and @VariantSeven each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid, @Butzbo, @Saminat and @CaperCube each gave $50, @NickSenny $30, @MKMaffo $25, @ConnorGrail $20 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $1,400 + 1st place winner shirt
2nd - $950 + 2nd place winner shirt
3rd - $750 + 3rd place winner shirt
4th - $520
5th - $400
6th - $250
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

Each winner will also receive a copy of The Story Goes On by @ScarecrowArts on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch), and two copies of Frame Game, an upcoming game from @CaperCube and @stejkRobot on Steam (demo on newgrounds).

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add.

@Cymbourine created this rad promo image for ROUND 3!

Sick

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 14:28:31

At 7/29/21 05:20 PM, squidly wrote:
At 7/29/21 01:22 PM, Stepford wrote:
At 7/29/21 07:54 AM, squidly wrote: Ahhh seeing this makes me wish we'd released Fetal Fury on NG as was originally planned, that would've led to some WEIRD animations. But looking forward to seeing what people do!
YOU STILL SHOULD RELEASE IT!

EVEN IF IT"S BEEN A WHILE!
Nah, we can't, unfortunately :(

WOW 0_0

Just is the furry

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 14:30:12

At 7/29/21 10:04 AM, Luis wrote: AYOooo give me a shoutout i'm the 47th most followed person on newgrounds.com
Im jammed out, see you guys in Autumn.

Also first post!

STOP con la R34 de fnf porfavor, ya hay varios mods que fueron funados por esa regla de m*erda =( .

Just is the furry

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 15:31:59

again

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 16:00:41

At 8/10/21 02:30 PM, LucianoZ wrote:
At 7/29/21 10:04 AM, Luis wrote: AYOooo give me a shoutout i'm the 47th most followed person on newgrounds.com

Also first post!
STOP con la R34 de fnf porfavor, ya hay varios mods que fueron funados por esa regla de m*erda =( .

no se ni a que te refieres, no tengo nada que ver con ese maldito juego!

also first post!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-10 17:30:00

At 8/10/21 04:00 PM, Luis wrote:
At 8/10/21 02:30 PM, LucianoZ wrote:

Also first post!
no se ni a que te refieres, no tengo nada que ver con ese maldito juego!
also first post!

Yo me refiero a que en ese arte, se este viendo el c*lo de GF, a eso queria referirme queridisimo luis.

Just is the furry

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-11 02:04:35

TIME TO CRUNCH

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-11 06:22:22

Well i'm not much participating in this round, mostly because i was busy trying to make an entry for a Clock Day, as well as personal issues and others stuff that was out of my control. But i really like to see an Animation Jam centers around Expo70 which was 51th years old believe it or not.

Here's an example photo if you don't know what i meant:

iu_384566_8677926.webp

Make me a judge FULP!

Fulp, I judge you , GUILTY!

hmph. amateurs.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-13 03:21:10

At 8/13/21 02:27 AM, ZabuJard wrote: Make me a judge

You are that famous dude that makes two games everyday. Keep up your dedication.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-13 17:31:07

iu_387546_9253910.jpg

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-13 22:19:45

Nobody

The animator who not wins the round:

iu_387793_8807820.png

E is for Everyone

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 3! 2021-08-17 14:43:27

At 8/13/21 05:31 PM, ryancorrea wrote: