00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

u.s. school system

774 Views | 80 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

u.s. school system 2021-07-20 17:57:20

america should stop painting itself as a perfect country and focus on bringing CRT to classes. while i'm into history, i'm also tired of seeing U.S. propaganda on my textbooks. :(

i wrote this post after learning that texas banned CRT from being taught in schools and removed lessons about the KKK and MLK.

thank god i don't live in texas.

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-20 18:35:54 (edited 2021-07-20 18:36:02)

At 7/20/21 05:57 PM, weirdcore wrote: america should stop painting itself as a perfect country and focus on bringing CRT to classes. while i'm into history, i'm also tired of seeing U.S. propaganda on my textbooks. :(

i wrote this post after learning that texas banned CRT from being taught in schools and removed lessons about the KKK and MLK.

There is no doubt that Republican Legislature, and Texas Governor Greg Abbot, want to to outlaw CRT, and rewrite much of the history over race that favors a white perspective - and helps their ideology. They have already passed an earlier bill that makes teaching any form of, or discussion over, CRT harder.

The current bill they are trying to pass is about removing lessons about the civil right's movement, and anything that make the KKK look morally wrong, among other things. Right now, in their special session, they are creating all sorts of partisan and extreme bills unopposed, since Texas House Democrats have fled the state to prevent a bill that would make voting harder in the state - which is all they can do try and thwart it from passing.

Texas is far from the only state trying to outlaw CRT, as most Republicans controlled states have already passed similar bills against the teaching of it, or anything they feel may recognize certain atrocities committed by whites in the past that might make white children feel bad about their race and lead to anger from minorities. And this isn't healthy, it just builds up their sense of superiority complex, and ignores certain current issues, rather than confronting that bad things happened in the past in the creation of our current country and it's culture.

A lot of this is white identity politics on steroids, since Republicans don't have much else to show for, and are hoping that this will help them retain control in their states and retake congress n 2022.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-20 22:37:23 (edited 2021-07-20 22:37:36)

The messed up thing is that they currently do a terrible job at teaching that stuff and they want to make it worse.

I learned about songs slaves sang to stay happy rather than their actual living experiences. I never heard about cat-hauling until I was done with school. I learned the names of Columbus's ships rather than what he did to people and animals. It's so whitewashed.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-20 23:10:30 (edited 2021-07-20 23:11:40)

At 7/20/21 05:57 PM, weirdcore wrote: america should stop painting itself as a perfect country and focus on bringing CRT to classes. while i'm into history, i'm also tired of seeing U.S. propaganda on my textbooks. :(

I just thank God I'm not in school no more. To constantly watch both sides fight on who gets to indoctrinate kids makes me thank God my teachers were normal. Most of them have retired and now I don't know who's working at my old school. Interesting fact, there's a lot of things I've learned in school growing up that some of my family didn't learn because most of my history teachers weren't politically bias hacks who want obedient, non-individualistic students.

The longest hours I've had in my life, were the ones I went through to know I was right

So I'm safe, but I'm little outside. I'm gonna laugh when I'm buried alive! -Slipknot

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-20 23:27:16

What's critical rice theory? Saree I want two a publik skool.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 00:32:30

At 7/20/21 11:10 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: there's a lot of things I've learned in school growing up that some of my family didn't learn because most of my history teachers weren't politically bias hacks who want obedient, non-individualistic students.

Ya got any examples?

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 00:34:08

At 7/21/21 12:32 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 7/20/21 11:10 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: there's a lot of things I've learned in school growing up that some of my family didn't learn because most of my history teachers weren't politically bias hacks who want obedient, non-individualistic students.
Ya got any examples?

I would love to share, but this is the political section sooo...

The longest hours I've had in my life, were the ones I went through to know I was right

So I'm safe, but I'm little outside. I'm gonna laugh when I'm buried alive! -Slipknot

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 00:41:19

Why should we learn about box TVs you play video games on

If you can read this you have Gay

call your local doctor for more information on Gay

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 00:59:14

At 7/21/21 12:41 AM, SleepyAss54 wrote:

I assume she is talking about Critical Race Theory.

Cheeto is gone!

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 01:00:37

At 7/21/21 12:59 AM, RoboHex wrote:
At 7/21/21 12:41 AM, SleepyAss54 wrote:

I assume she is talking about Critical Race Theory.

Ah

why should kids learn about NASCAR

If you can read this you have Gay

call your local doctor for more information on Gay

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 02:54:01

Anybody who looks to the public schooling system to raise their child has made a terrible mistake

Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 04:15:01 (edited 2021-07-21 04:33:48)

I believe its a good thing in a bad package.

Way back when I was in highschool, I had racial thigs crammed down my throat in every class.

English classes got it the worst, with every single required reading being propaganda related to black history.

Yes, we should be teaching American History... but we should no longer continue turning the entire white population into white apologists with white guilt.

Being an apologist is the same as being traditionally racist in my mind. There are so many white people who will bend over backwards for a black person because "they feel bad" and they want to "prove to them that they aren't racist" by giving them special treatment...

Ironically, I personally grew up in a black neighborhood with all black friends and all black classmates from first through 8th grade. I never had a racist thought in my mind until my family moved away to a white town where they slathered on the white guilt in the school curriculum.

After doing my time in the public school system, I felt like every black person hated my fucking soul... and it took a really long time to shake off the white guilt and get back in touch with reality.

During that time, I AVOIDED black people because I felt so horrible and guilty. I felt like they would never want to be my friend because of the color of my skin... even though I spent my younger life with nothing but black friends. I even felt uncomfortable talking over the phone to someone whose house I had spent the night at over a hundred times... whose dad came to my birthday parties to chaperone.

There was a time and place in history when affirmative action was needed... but that time is no more.

Tone it down, and at very least keep the white guilt in HISTORY class.

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 10:29:45

At 7/21/21 04:15 AM, 0N1MU5HA wrote: I believe its a good thing in a bad package.

Way back when I was in highschool, I had racial thigs crammed down my throat in every class.

English classes got it the worst, with every single required reading being propaganda related to black history.

Yes, we should be teaching American History... but we should no longer continue turning the entire white population into white apologists with white guilt.

Being an apologist is the same as being traditionally racist in my mind. There are so many white people who will bend over backwards for a black person because "they feel bad" and they want to "prove to them that they aren't racist" by giving them special treatment...

Ironically, I personally grew up in a black neighborhood with all black friends and all black classmates from first through 8th grade. I never had a racist thought in my mind until my family moved away to a white town where they slathered on the white guilt in the school curriculum.

After doing my time in the public school system, I felt like every black person hated my fucking soul... and it took a really long time to shake off the white guilt and get back in touch with reality.
During that time, I AVOIDED black people because I felt so horrible and guilty. I felt like they would never want to be my friend because of the color of my skin... even though I spent my younger life with nothing but black friends. I even felt uncomfortable talking over the phone to someone whose house I had spent the night at over a hundred times... whose dad came to my birthday parties to chaperone.

There was a time and place in history when affirmative action was needed... but that time is no more.

shush you aren’t suppose to say these things you’ll trigger the woke ppl of NG

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 10:57:07

A better idea is that don’t implant “white guilt” because it’s going to come off as phony and defeatist for things that happened 150-200 years ago that they couldn’t change and was practically ingrained in every major society at the time.

I don’t know much about CRT, but considering how politicalized it has become, something tells me that it’s about tearing down a group of people for stuff that they had no say over. I would imagine that white kids are going to feel good about that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:19:35

At 7/21/21 04:15 AM, 0N1MU5HA wrote: I believe its a good thing in a bad package.

What's even more scary is there will probably be people and kids who won't react the same way you will. Once they go to the extremes (all it takes is for the wrong people to find them and/or coerce them) due to the US broken school system then step in the media, the politicians, and the government and they'll look at my black face and say, "You see how hard it is for people like you? Guess you need us to protect you."

And I'll be sitting there knowing they're the ones who caused this. After careful examining I have came to the conclusion certain politicians in our government are instigators and troublemakers. Their obsession to constantly turn people against one another, I don't care if they lean left or right, has made me look at them very differently as the years went by. It's one of the reasons I'd stop taking politics seriously.

On the other hand, teenagers and young adults who are bold and smart enough to see through the shit their teachers put them through will likely do fine.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:23:28 (edited 2021-07-21 11:23:49)

At 7/21/21 11:19 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote:

What's even more scary is there will probably be people and kids who won't react the same way you will. Once they go to the extremes (all it takes is for the wrong people to find them and/or coerce them) due to the US broken school system then step in the media, the politicians, and the government and they'll look at my black face and say, "You see how hard it is for people like you? Guess you need us to protect you."

I think white liberals talking down on blacks and saying oh you cant succeed you gotta feel victimized even more racist honestly

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:39:14

At 7/21/21 11:23 AM, Sequenced wrote:

I think white liberals talking down on blacks and saying oh you cant succeed you gotta feel victimized even more racist honestly

I think you guys are trying way to hard to go into the opposite direction here. There is no balance in your arguments.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:42:07

I went to public school

that should say it all

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:50:37

At 7/21/21 11:39 AM, EdyKel wrote:

I think you guys are trying way to hard to go into the opposite direction here. There is no balance in your arguments.

I don’t see anything wrong with my statement.

go back to hating qanon and trump please

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:53:56

At 7/21/21 11:50 AM, Sequenced wrote:

Dude, you are practically considered a racist around here because you go way to far in attacking other groups for your white victimization, and that is not an exaggeration. You don't know how to tone it down.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 11:55:24

At 7/21/21 11:42 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: I went to public school

that should say it all

Me too

Join the club famsquad

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 12:08:24 (edited 2021-07-21 12:09:58)

And I'll be sitting there knowing they're the ones who caused this. After careful examining I have came to the conclusion certain politicians in our government are instigators and troublemakers. Their obsession to constantly turn people against one another, I don't care if they lean left or right, has made me look at them very differently as the years went by. It's one of the reasons I'd stop taking politics seriously.

On the other hand, teenagers and young adults who are bold and smart enough to see through the shit their teachers put them through will likely do fine.

Keep the American People at odds with one another... give them reason to fight amongst themselves... for if they realize they are allies and not enemies... and they share a common goal...

They stand together and focus upon the real enemy... the 1% of the population who own the majority of the wealth.

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 12:17:04

At 7/21/21 11:53 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Dude, you are practically considered a racist around here because you go way to far in attacking other groups for your white victimization, and that is not an exaggeration. You don't know how to tone it down.

You’re the only one here calling me a racist

why is everything always about race to you

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 12:36:27

At 7/21/21 12:17 PM, Sequenced wrote:

See, I didn't even call you racist, all I said was:

"you are practically considered a racist around here because you go way to far in attacking other groups for your white victimization".

If I beleieved you were racist I would have outright said it. The last time I called posters racist was when they used terms like "lesser races", and "sub-races", or they wee proud, after repeated questioning, that they had no problems treating other groups as 2nd class citizens. I don't throw out the term "racist" recklessly. I know people like you are practically begging people to call you a racist so you can feed your self victimization with, as you are constantly looking for anything to support it.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 12:44:40

At 7/21/21 12:08 PM, 0N1MU5HA wrote:

Keep the American People at odds with one another... give them reason to fight amongst themselves... for if they realize they are allies and not enemies... and they share a common goal...
They stand together and focus upon the real enemy... the 1% of the population who own the majority of the wealth.

Oh, good, another "let's fight the man, as they try to divide us" post.

Let me ask you who you would support:

Would you vote for a politicians who said lets put more regulations on corporations to protect consumers and the environment, and make them pay their fair share of taxes, but we need to address systemic racism in the country.

Or would you support a politicians who said we need to reduce taxes and regulations on corporations, and that the left is trying to destroy our country with their identity politics of attacking whites?

Or would you vote for neither?

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 12:46:36 (edited 2021-07-21 12:48:13)

At 7/21/21 12:36 PM, EdyKel wrote:

If I beleieved you were racist I would have outright said it. The last time I called posters racist was when they used terms like "lesser races", and "sub-races", or they wee proud, after repeated questioning, that they had no problems treating other groups as 2nd class citizens. I don't throw out the term "racist" recklessly. I know people like you are practically begging people to call you a racist so you can feed your self victimization with, as you are constantly looking for anything to support it.

Bruh I couldn’t care less about being a victim

“People around here consider you racist”

youre just trying to sound smart by not directly calling me a racist yet so that if I call you out on it you can claim you didn’t “actually call me racist”.

I see no evidence of people calling me that outside of an unapologetic right winger, which @Zachary would agree with that lol.

anyways. I’m sick of your shit and constant insults and calling yourself republican to avoid any accountability.

if I get banned for this. this just proves the level of discourse on this forum has become childish and unproductive.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 13:01:31 (edited 2021-07-21 13:02:23)

At 7/21/21 12:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: “People around here consider you racist”

youre just trying to sound smart by not directly calling me a racist yet so that if I call you out on it you can claim you didn’t “actually call me racist”.

@EdyKel, I think calling Sequenced a racist is really excessive and unfair, considering his complaint was with liberalism; shitting on people’s character is guaranteed to piss them off.

I see no evidence of people calling me that outside of an unapologetic right winger, which @Zachary would agree with that lol.

if I get banned for this. this just proves the level of discourse on this forum has become childish and unproductive.

Bear in mind you also went into the conversation by saying “go back to hating Trump and QAnon”.

I’m not going to kid myself that this forum is the most mature of idea sharing, but some of you guys know how to get right up each other’s noses and the discourse takes a huge downturn as a consequence.

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 13:05:53 (edited 2021-07-21 13:07:44)

At 7/21/21 01:01 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/21/21 12:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: “People around here consider you racist”

@EdyKel, I think calling Sequenced a racist is really excessive and unfair, considering his complaint was with liberalism; shitting on people’s character is guaranteed to piss them off.

Bear in mind you also went into the conversation by saying “go back to hating Trump and QAnon”.

I’m not going to kid myself that this forum is the most mature of idea sharing, but some of you guys know how to get right up each other’s noses and the discourse takes a huge downturn as a consequence.

sure. I went a little edgy on that on as a response to his gaslighting and strawmaning my positions. I won’t do that anymore I’ll just ignore

i just don’t understand why it’s not hard to just have an actual discussion without resorting to assuming people’s positions and putting me in the same camp as qanon crazy people? This is what I’ve had a problem with @turkeyonastick

lel

BBS Signature

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 13:07:44

At 7/21/21 12:46 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 7/21/21 12:36 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Bruh I couldn’t care less about being a victim

“People around here consider you racist”

anyways. I’m sick of your shit and constant insults and calling yourself republican to avoid any accountability.

You may say you don't care, but you are always bringing it up in one form or another with this white victimization shit. It's gotten tiresomme, along with your "Fuck off" attitude.

And I am a registered Republican, who grew up in rural parts, with a conservative upbringing. And I often vote to the right in California, simply because I don't agree with a lot of stupid laws and policies there.

One I disagreed with is the left leaning propaganda over the LGBT being taught in our schools, and I was acused of being homophobic for not supporting it - which means absolutely nothing to me, because I don't believe in any propaganda in our schools, though I do believe that the LGBT people should be treated like anyone else, and that should be encuraged in schools.

Response to u.s. school system 2021-07-21 13:12:18 (edited 2021-07-21 13:12:45)

At 7/21/21 01:01 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @EdyKel, I think calling Sequenced a racist is really excessive and unfair, considering his complaint was with liberalism; shitting on people’s character is guaranteed to piss them off.

That's hard not to do when your opponent is going out of their way to do exactly the same thing. I'm kinda tired of people straw-manning others, then bitching about others doing it to them.