00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

California has been invaded.

676 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 18:08:33

In California we are known for our fruits and nuts, but we have been recently been invaded by some out of state crazies.

Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga), both die hard Trump supporting Qanon spouting, election denying, fascist loving, Covid spreaders, extremists, are trying to hold America First rallies in the state to fund-raise off, and now they are calling on patriots to protest agaisnt communism here.

Whatever people think of our politics, we don't need fearmongering, conspiracy driven, crazy, pest, from out of state trying to stir up shit for their own political fundraising benefit.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 18:24:22

U.S. citizens moving to or visiting a different state?

You sound like the nutcase in my neighborhood who thinks all "commiefornias are going to turn the state into shit."

Do some breathing exercises, calm down, everything is going to be okay.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

lol Californians have been fleeing California in record numbers fdor a few years now infecting their idiocy into other states and now the shoe is on the other foot. And visiting Congressmen on top of it!

who cares California is a dumpster fire, maybe this will make it less of one a further shift to the right might do it some good.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 19:11:57

At 7/18/21 06:08 PM, EdyKel wrote: In California we are known for our fruits and nuts,

Solid opener tbf

Very telling of the GOP that they seem unable or unwilling to keep a reign on Gaetz or MTG. If anything, that paranoid, conspiracy theory touting faction of the party seems to have increasing control.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 19:50:36

At 7/18/21 06:24 PM, ZomAlien wrote: U.S. citizens moving to or visiting a different state?

You sound like the nutcase in my neighborhood who thinks all "commiefornias are going to turn the state into shit."

If the alien avocado knew what commi meant then that might mean something, other than adding to the comedy act of the nutty right.

At 7/18/21 07:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol Californians have been fleeing California in record numbers fdor a few years now infecting their idiocy into other states and now the shoe is on the other foot. And visiting Congressmen on top of it!

who cares California is a dumpster fire, maybe this will make it less of one a further shift to the right might do it some good.

You mean some of the rich who made their fortunes in the state, and then left for cheaper grounds? Such is the cycle.

The dumpster fire was started by a bunch of disgruntle, anti-vaxers, Trump sour grapes, in their effort to recall our governor that is more likey to waste my money for no change, because the alternatives seem to come from a roting compost pile of disparate insanity.

Double post

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 19:54:36

At 7/18/21 07:17 PM, Poseidon00 wrote: California is a beautiful state, but the one thing I couldn't understand was why they allow such pervasive homelessness. I've been across a decent chunk of the country and nobody has whole tent communities like California does. It's a plague and there should have been a massive effort to solve it.

That is true, but even the conservatives here are talking about housing them, while also tearing down their tent communities that lead them to wander the streets.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 20:11:43

At 7/18/21 07:50 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 7/18/21 06:24 PM, ZomAlien wrote: U.S. citizens moving to or visiting a different state?

other than adding to the comedy act of the nutty right.

"Nutty" that's kinda where I was getting at.

To call visits of U.S. citizens with the evil [R] next to their names a "invasion" may be a tad bit of overreacting don't you think?

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 20:15:57

At 7/18/21 07:17 PM, Poseidon00 wrote: California is a beautiful state, but the one thing I couldn't understand was why they allow such pervasive homelessness. I've been across a decent chunk of the country and nobody has whole tent communities like California does. It's a plague and there should have been a massive effort to solve it.

Portland lmfao

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 20:21:33

At 7/18/21 08:11 PM, ZomAlien wrote:

To call visits of U.S. citizens with the evil [R] next to their names a "invasion" may be a tad bit of overreacting don't you think?

Gatz and Green stand out as the putrid fruites of Republicans. Most Republicans try to avoid them as much as possible, because they really hurt the party's image by scaring people away from it. They are like the mini-spawns of Trump on steroids. They make more people want to vote for some of real the fruits on the left because they make them look rational by comparison.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 21:08:35

At 7/18/21 08:21 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Gatz and Green stand out as the putrid fruites of Republicans. Most Republicans try to avoid them as much as possible, because they really hurt the party's image by scaring people away from it. They are like the mini-spawns of Trump on steroids. They make more people want to vote for some of real the fruits on the left because they make them look rational by comparison.

"[Yes/No], Zom, I [may have/am not] [overreacted/overreacting] because of this^."

Oh, okay then?

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 21:38:17

At 7/18/21 09:08 PM, ZomAlien wrote:

"[Yes/No], Zom, I [may have/am not] [overreacted/overreacting] because of this^."

Oh, okay then?

So far, you are just trolling with your own overreactions, Mr. Green Olive, to a more light hearted topic.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 21:42:25

please keep telling us how much you hate trump it never gets boring

lel

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 21:53:19

At 7/18/21 09:42 PM, Sequenced wrote: please keep telling us how much you hate trump it never gets boring

I think it says something when we have a bunch of fruits and nuts, who downplay Jan 6th, and ignore the craziness of many on the right that led to it, and or hate California because of some right-wing stereotype, are jumping on the topic to trash it as if that will change anything.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 22:39:50

At 7/18/21 09:38 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Oh, okay then?
So far, you are just trolling with your own overreactions, Mr. Green Olive, to a more light hearted topic.

Tell you what.

I'll land my ship on state soil, that way it'll actually be invaded.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 22:49:28

At 7/18/21 10:39 PM, ZomAlien wrote:

Oh, okay then?
Tell you what.

Sure you won't die from some bacteria from there?

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 22:54:02

At 7/18/21 10:49 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Oh, okay then?
Tell you what.

Humans should be more worried about bacteria from space violently reacting to the environments on Earth, rather than vice versa.

But no I won't.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 23:11:11

At 7/18/21 10:54 PM, ZomAlien wrote:

Oh, okay then?
Tell you what.

Humans should be more worried about bacteria from space violently reacting to the environments on Earth, rather than vice versa.

But no I won't.

Are you sure about that?

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 23:16:09

At 7/18/21 11:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Oh, okay then?
Tell you what.

But no I won't.
Are you sure about that?

Yes.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-18 23:19:34

At 7/18/21 11:16 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
At 7/18/21 11:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 7/18/21 06:24 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
U.S. citizens moving to or visiting a different state?

Oh, okay then?
Tell you what.

But no I won't.
Are you sure about that?
Yes.

We wouldn't want to give you something if killed you.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 03:44:29

At 7/18/21 07:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol Californians have been fleeing California in record numbers fdor a few years now infecting their idiocy into other states and now the shoe is on the other foot. And visiting Congressmen on top of it!

Don't you live in Texas? Their GDP is better than yours at the very least. I've always liked California. They put warnings on products that have been shown to cause cancer and stuff, at least they appear to give a fuck about people.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 03:45:24

At 7/19/21 03:44 AM, Sensationalism wrote:

Don't you live in Texas? Their GDP is better than yours at the very least. I've always liked California. They put warnings on products that have been shown to cause cancer and stuff, at least they appear to give a fuck about people.

He lives in Minnesota.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 03:49:48

Places without tent communities are not places that have solved homelessness. They've just made it less visible.

Pretty sure making benches uncomfortable and putting spikes by storefronts doesn't solve homelessness either, it just makes it easier for the people who would have to look at the homeless. And that's pretty much the most effort that is put into "solving" this problem.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 03:51:00

At 7/19/21 03:45 AM, EdyKel wrote: He lives in Minnesota.

Alright, confused him with another person. My bad. Thanks for the correction. Sorry!

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 05:46:19

At 7/19/21 03:51 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 7/19/21 03:45 AM, EdyKel wrote: He lives in Minnesota.
Alright, confused him with another person. My bad. Thanks for the correction. Sorry!

iu_361629_1282600.gif

I used to be TNT

Latest song cover: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Discord: Tyler From Texas #2030

serves you right

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 15:01:10

There are worse nutcases than these two?

Cheeto is gone!

At 7/19/21 03:22 PM, Poseidon00 wrote:
At 7/19/21 03:49 AM, Sensationalism wrote:

There are multiple reasons that a city would have a larger homeless population over more rural areas. One thing that stands out is the cost of living in cities tends to be higher. If someone is working at a McDonald's in a city, they likely would not be able to afford being able to live near their place of work. So an option would be to build more affordable housing, but that is frowned upon by homeowners.

Some politicians are attempting to pass legislation that targets affordable housing for Americans.

Places without tent communities are not places that have solved homelessness. They've just made it less visible.
Pretty sure making benches uncomfortable and putting spikes by storefronts doesn't solve homelessness either, it just makes it easier for the people who would have to look at the homeless. And that's pretty much the most effort that is put into "solving" this problem.
Without a doubt, it's just that I would expect places like CA and New York City to be places where they would take these things very seriously and do something about it but they have some of the highest numbers of homeless and they don't seem to take it very seriously.

I see people living under bridges sadly all the time here in PA, so I know it's a universal problem, but that just makes the case more to me that there should be massive effort to solve it.

And don't even get me started on how Blackrock, Zillo, and lots of banks are buying up perfectly functional houses and flipping them for a profit, increasing the price of housing in this country even further, making rental properties more scarce, and ensuring that homelessness remains an unsolvable epidemic.

And everybody ignores it! Especially the politicians.

I think an even bigger problem than Blackrock buying up houses is the fervent idea of NIMBYism. Nobody wants the price of their homes lowered due to construction and adding more places for people to live in the area around their house causes them to fear their homes will lose value.

Definitely agree though that this should be a major focus of politicians!

BBS Signature

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 17:02:12

At 7/19/21 03:44 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Don't you live in Texas? Their GDP is better than yours at the very least. I've always liked California. They put warnings on products that have been shown to cause cancer and stuff, at least they appear to give a fuck about people.

Upper Midwest and texas is much better, California is a leftist nanny state.

Response to California has been invaded. 2021-07-19 17:29:14

At 7/19/21 05:02 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/19/21 03:44 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Don't you live in Texas? Their GDP is better than yours at the very least. I've always liked California. They put warnings on products that have been shown to cause cancer and stuff, at least they appear to give a fuck about people.
Upper Midwest and texas is much better, California is a leftist nanny state.

Texas cannot even keep the power grid up during the winter or summer.

Also, you said earlier that "Californians have been fleeing California in record numbers fdor a few years" when that is actually false.

BBS Signature