00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[ART THREAD COLLAB] What should I draw her doing?- The TRUE Finale.

2,458 Views | 88 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

You good mate?
no

Y'wanna talk about it?

BBS Signature

At 7/25/21 05:20 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Hey all, again!

Seeing that it's 5 days until submissions close, I just thought I should, well, say a few things. More of questions, again.

Hope you all don't mind.

1. Do I show off half of Chapter 1?

As in, well, right here?
Long story short, Chapter 1 will expand more on Rey before she let the events of the entire "What Should I Draw Her Doing" thread come into play. As in, directly before. It also expand in a very summarized way, who she is, and what she has experienced until that point.

A few people here have already seen the full Chapter 1 for proofreading (And will be credited, of course!), but for y'all who I didn't DM, just thought I should be generous this time around and show you a peek behind the curtain.

2. Post directly to NG, or Post a Docs link?

Okay, let me explain this one.
The Absolute, for damn sure, will be quite the read. And, the Writing Forum exists, of course, so it'll be posted there for y'all to see.
Though, I'll need inputs, if you don't mind, so...

Directly Into The Forums

Pros

Cons

Documents Link

Pros

Cons

Prolly some I haven't listed yet, but.. those should be the most important ones, hopefully.

p.s, so, remember when I said the story will release in July 31? I.. should not have jinxed it.
..actual release date is now just.. estimated, per se. Somewhere around July 31 - August 7. Sorry!
…sadly, though, submissions still close by the 30th. But to sort of 'repay', make it the end of the 30th, unless I.. already said that.

I guess the Doc Link sounds better

At 7/26/21 10:25 PM, parra86rar wrote:

Seeing that it's 5 days until submissions close, I just thought I should, well, say a few things. More of questions, again.

Hope you all don't mind.

As in, well, right here?
Long story short, Chapter 1 will expand more on Rey before she let the events of the entire "What Should I Draw Her Doing" thread come into play. As in, directly before. It also expand in a very summarized way, who she is, and what she has experienced until that point.

A few people here have already seen the full Chapter 1 for proofreading (And will be credited, of course!), but for y'all who I didn't DM, just thought I should be generous this time around and show you a peek behind the curtain.

The Absolute, for damn sure, will be quite the read. And, the Writing Forum exists, of course, so it'll be posted there for y'all to see.

Directly Into The Forums

Pros

Cons

Documents Link

Pros

Cons

Prolly some I haven't listed yet, but.. those should be the most important ones, hopefully.

p.s, so, remember when I said the story will release in July 31? I.. should not have jinxed it.
..actual release date is now just.. estimated, per se. Somewhere around July 31 - August 7. Sorry!
…sadly, though, submissions still close by the 30th. But to sort of 'repay', make it the end of the 30th, unless I.. already said that.

Noted, I'll see if I can get others' inputs.

BBS Signature

At 7/26/21 10:27 PM, shintsukimi205 wrote:
At 7/26/21 10:25 PM, parra86rar wrote:

Hope you all don't mind.

As in, well, right here?

Directly Into The Forums

Pros

Cons

Documents Link

Pros

Cons

Noted, I'll see if I can get others' inputs.

Okey dokey

i want to do a part where it's me showing her how to use a gun but i'm bad at art

Octillery Social Credit Test DX | Octillery VS Collection

You ever take a rat...cut it open, stick your pee pee in, let it live? You remind me of that rat.

BBS Signature

Hey again!

Thought I should just show some stuff from the script. Like, let's say every 3 or so days, I show off bits and pieces of the script?

Yeah, all that jazz, so, here:

iu_370467_8448115.png

BBS Signature

At 7/27/21 02:17 PM, JOEYTHEMARILLFAN wrote: i want to do a part where it's me showing her how to use a gun but i'm bad at art

Looking at your art, it aint bad at all!

Seeing as there's 3/2 days until submissions are closed, if you still wanna go for it, I say go for it!

BBS Signature

At 7/27/21 10:56 PM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Hey again!
Thought I should just show some stuff from the script. Like, let's say every 3 or so days, I show off bits and pieces of the script?

Hmmmm VERY I N T E R E S T I N G

At 7/27/21 11:01 PM, parra86rar wrote:

Thanks!

BBS Signature

At 7/27/21 11:01 PM, shintsukimi205 wrote:
At 7/27/21 11:01 PM, parra86rar wrote:
Thanks!

You're welcome

Just gonna show a few things before I focus on The Absolute again.

Oh, and, uh... a few updates.

So this is how long the story is (currently)...

iu_370611_8448115.png

Estimated, Chapter 1 is the shortest, Chapter 2 is somewhere in-between, Chapter 3 is pretty much the longest.

@PlayerSoAwesome's submission, since I thought it should be here, too!

iu_370614_8448115.png

(to be honest i dont know if psa said yes or no, because all i got for responses were gifs of nagito komaeda and kyoko kirigiri ballin

update: includes makoto naegi being shocked at the final closure of the poop store)

And last one for now, a small snippet of Chapter 2...

iu_370612_8448115.png

Note: this is just the start of Chapter 2. And I am halfway done.

That'll be all for now, questions, reviews, and sorts are very much welcome as always!

BBS Signature

At 7/28/21 03:11 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Just gonna show a few things before I focus on The Absolute again.
Oh, and, uh... a few updates.

So this is how long the story is (currently)...

Estimated, Chapter 1 is the shortest, Chapter 2 is somewhere in-between, Chapter 3 is pretty much the longest.

@PlayerSoAwesome's submission, since I thought it should be here, too!

(to be honest i dont know if psa said yes or no, because all i got for responses were gifs of nagito komaeda and kyoko kirigiri ballin
update: includes makoto naegi being shocked at the final closure of the poop store)

And last one for now, a small snippet of Chapter 2...

Note: this is just the start of Chapter 2. And I am halfway done.

That'll be all for now, questions, reviews, and sorts are very much welcome as always!

Wow, very interesting

(Note: This chunk of the script is subject to change one way or another. It may be expanded, shortened, have at you.)

Sadly, it did not seem to get better either, as months went by...

For one, she had lost her eyes due to a swift strike, having to get 'new ones' soon after, which was able to grant her many advantages to boot. She’d soon lose sight in one of her eyes as a sudden, last-ditch effort to cheat death.

Another, a worldwide, despair-inducing event occurred, where tragedy was seen at almost every corner, with Carnage being the root of it all, even to the point that a group was controlled to contribute in intensifying it. Rey managed to saved one of them, deeply caring for them to the point subtle feelings surfaced despite them having eyes for someone else, only to lose them when she was recovering from an explosive ambush, as a result of a curse.

And the current one, a few months and a war that decided the world’s fate, yet another worldwide, despair-inducing event happened, involving a hivemind-like corruption that had her as patient zero, forcing her to comply with the purpose of spreading and preserving it. Her pain intensifying and ending only at the moment she had overused her abilities during her slaughter in the spotlight, causing her to slightly melt and be left to die, as her sins and failures were laid on the table, leaving her in utter dread.

Though she has been struck by death in many forms, like being cut in half, then stabbed repeatedly, having her withstand the deep swipe of a blade, and having her spinal cord ripped off her, this particular moment after she was saved as a result of revival, she felt... empty. And the sad part was that she turned 18 a few days or weeks back.

BBS Signature

At 7/30/21 12:52 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: (Note: This chunk of the script is subject to change one way or another. It may be expanded, shortened, have at you.)

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/shintsukimi205/yet-another-scene-for-the-absolute-but-it-s-c1

what i've read here was so cool :3

Oh right, newest, and hopefully final estimated release date for The Absolute is late august to early september. Done with Chapter 2!

Now I need me some suggestions for Chapter 3, ehehe....

BBS Signature

At 8/8/21 12:45 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/shintsukimi205/absolute-version-of-that-scraped-absolute-piece-for-c1

Oh right, newest, and hopefully final estimated release date for The Absolute is late august to early september. Done with Chapter 2!

Hmmm idk how to give suggestions for chapter 3 lol

At 8/8/21 08:43 AM, parra86rar wrote:
At 8/8/21 12:45 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/shintsukimi205/absolute-version-of-that-scraped-absolute-piece-for-c1

Hmmm idk how to give suggestions for chapter 3 lol

Well, hm...

Maybe in terms of scenarios, what they could say, etcetera?

BBS Signature

Heyo!

Thought I should give a few updates for those listening in!

-

Progress

I'd say that the story is.. about 75% or 80% done. Chapter 1 and 2 is mainly just rechecks, got a few people to proofread and got suggestions, etcetera. I'm going to have such a time listing the credits, huh?

What To Expect?

Well...!

• Clickable Pictures
  • Font Diversity
  • (More!) Original Art for Chapter 3
  • Secret Hyperlinks... Ooo...!

Obligatory Script/Picture Leak

iu_391424_8448115.png

-

That'll be all! Might come again in a week or so!

BBS Signature

At 8/17/21 03:19 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Heyo!

Thought I should give a few updates for those listening in!

-

Progress
I'd say that the story is.. about 75% or 80% done. Chapter 1 and 2 is mainly just rechecks, got a few people to proofread and got suggestions, etcetera. I'm going to have such a time listing the credits, huh?

What To Expect?
Well...!

-

That'll be all! Might come again in a week or so!

Interesting, i'm excited for the next progress update

Heyo! Me again!

Hope you guys don't mind...

-

Progress

69 pages so far, makin' slow and steady process. Though I sometimes am empty in terms of ideas, mainly, what to say and describe during fights. But I managed to make another 'skeleton' of sorts on how each event comes into play.

What To Expect?

Aight, here we go again!

• Chapter 1 is around 9 pages, rendering it the shortest chapter.
  • Chapter 2 is around 16 pages. It's a very summarized recap of the 'seasons' of the threads.
  • Chapter 3 when finalized might be about 65 - 75 pages, which will estimate The Absolute being about 90 - 100 pages or above, so prepare some popcorn!
  • A small picture including drawings of people who were unable to submit in time (Hmu if you're one of them!)

Obligatory Script/Picture Leak:

(Things are subject to change)

Once Rey got on her two feet again, she rushed away as she stumbled and tried to heal her wounds, even removing the bullets engraved on her with The Force as she tried to tone down her pained groans. Sooner or later, Iko and Hanky, newly-equipped firearms in hand, chased her down, with Rey’s respite acting as their head start.

The chase went on and on, with seemingly no end in sight. Terrains were blown away, firearms were used, techniques were revealed, and more damage was done to themselves and the area around them. Heck, they were even able to reach Nexus City, which was the game-changer of this part of their fight.

-

Sorry if this came so early. Hope you're still lookin' forward to it!

BBS Signature

At 8/20/21 01:49 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Heyo! Me again!
Hope you guys don't mind...

-

Progress
69 pages so far, makin' slow and steady process. Though I sometimes am empty in terms of ideas, mainly, what to say and describe during fights. But I managed to make another 'skeleton' of sorts on how each event comes into play.

What To Expect?
Aight, here we go again!

Obligatory Script/Picture Leak:

(Things are subject to change)

-

Sorry if this came so early. Hope you're still lookin' forward to it!

Amazing leak :0

Heyo again!

Made some progress today, although small. Thought I should tell about that.

-

Progress

Again, slow progress! Got a bit of writer's block, but I was able to fill a few gaps. Even made a few more original pieces here and there. Will make more, though. Hopefully it won't over take 15-or-so submissio-

...shoot. 11 original works. Gotta use these sparingly, set a balance.

What To Expect?

Upupupupup!

• A (hopefully!) 15-15 Submission-Original Picture Ratio!
  • Flashbacks to certain periods of pre-Chapter 1!
  • A surprise (temporary) major character that I added in accidentally!

iu_396666_8448115.png

-

Sheesh, I'm REALLY gonna be takin a break after I'm done with this...

BBS Signature

At 8/22/21 08:02 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Heyo again!

-

Progress
Again, slow progress! Got a bit of writer's block, but I was able to fill a few gaps. Even made a few more original pieces here and there. Will make more, though. Hopefully it won't over take 15-or-so submissio-

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

Interesting, also yeah, u DESERVE a break

At 8/22/21 08:05 AM, parra86rar wrote:

-

Progress

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

Interesting, also yeah, u DESERVE a break

Hopefully I don't overwork myself...

But hey! At least I'm goin' sequential! One day no script, another day script.

BBS Signature

make her go play super mario

A guy that has moved on from newgrounds to make real video games not just poorly made action script games made in a week or so

-

Progress

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

Update: Turns out I broke the Submission-Original ratio fffFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

iu_409671_8448115.png

BBS Signature

At 9/5/21 04:51 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote:

-

Progress

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

What do ya mean with that? Is something bad?

At 9/5/21 08:12 AM, parra86rar wrote:

-

Progress

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

Well, more of unfortunate…

BBS Signature

At 9/5/21 10:23 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote:
At 9/5/21 08:12 AM, parra86rar wrote:

-

Progress

What To Expect?
Upupupupup!

-

Well, more of unfortunate…

Dang :(