00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Worst game you ever played

438 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst game you ever played 2021-07-03 07:29:28

Post the worst games you have ever played.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-03 13:46:37

Miner Ultra Adventures

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-03 15:30:53

Tom and Jerry for the snes,infact it's almost a guarantee that almost a majority of license based games tend to be bad or mediocre

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-03 23:05:13

At 7/3/21 07:29 AM, MushyBaba wrote: Post the worst games you have ever played.

The Elder scrolls 4 Oblivion, terrible Leveling system, ugly characters, Funny but distractingly bad voice acting, boring enemies and the story stinks.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-04 09:05:46

Skyrim is up there.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-04 09:49:39

At 7/4/21 09:05 AM, SushiCombo wrote: Skyrim is up there.

from the hundreds of hours you wasted on the game? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-04 10:00:08

postal 3.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-04 21:21:07

Lol, Actually the fact that I didn't sink as much hours that I did in Oblivion let me down pretty hard.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-06 00:37:10

At 7/3/21 07:29 AM, MushyBaba wrote: Post the worst games you have ever played

My life

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-06 09:33:29

Halo and GTA

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-06 12:12:11

Friday night funkin

D

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-06 13:58:22

Probably Hate an analogue story, as a chinese cartoon enjoyer not even i could get thru all the weebshit and soap opera, its shit, its just shit even if the premise is quite fucking cool

A three way tie between Action 52, Dragon's Lair, and The Hacker all on the NES.

The first game was a result of hiring three programmers fresh from college to design 52 games in under three months--and boy, does it show. Quite a few of the games crash unless you have a specific emulator and there is an unfathomable amount of glitches present, making most games unplayable. I suppose the upside to its existence is that it has some passable music, like Fuzz Power or the infamous Cheetahmen theme. A52 is an interesting case study into how horribly wrong game development can become.

Dragon's Lair, specifically the NES version is a significantly better looking game than than A52, with decent music, but its fatal flaw is that it has awful controls. Dirk, the character you play as has a giant hurtbox AND dies to just about everything in one hit, aside from bats, skulls, and lizard kings. The game has all these flaws, making it super hard to play but I strangely had fun romping through it. The trick is to treat the game as some messed up memory game, not a platformer. Enemy and obstacle placements are very predictable, much like the original arcade title. Something tells me they were trying to recapture the magic, but failed miserably in the progess.

The Hacker NES is kind of cheating, since it's a bootleg but it's more or less what would happen if one A52 game got worked on for about half a year instead of three months with 50 or so other games. It suffers from similar problems as A52 does: Bad graphics, wonky hit boxes, stolen assets, and dreadful music, but kind of like Dragon's Lair, it was oddly fun to play. The game was so janky it made me laugh, and the main playable character has a surprisingly in-depth kit. I particularly had fun doing crouch kicks for shorter enemies, that's a feature that even some officially licensed games at the time wouldn't let you do.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 15:32:46

apex

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 16:23:50

At 7/6/21 04:32 PM, LadyKuki wrote: A three way tie between Action 52, Dragon's Lair, and The Hacker all on the NES.

The first game was a result of hiring three programmers fresh from college to design 52 games in under three months--and boy, does it show. Quite a few of the games crash unless you have a specific emulator and there is an unfathomable amount of glitches present, making most games unplayable. I suppose the upside to its existence is that it has some passable music, like Fuzz Power or the infamous Cheetahmen theme. A52 is an interesting case study into how horribly wrong game development can become.

Dragon's Lair, specifically the NES version is a significantly better looking game than than A52, with decent music, but its fatal flaw is that it has awful controls. Dirk, the character you play as has a giant hurtbox AND dies to just about everything in one hit, aside from bats, skulls, and lizard kings. The game has all these flaws, making it super hard to play but I strangely had fun romping through it. The trick is to treat the game as some messed up memory game, not a platformer. Enemy and obstacle placements are very predictable, much like the original arcade title. Something tells me they were trying to recapture the magic, but failed miserably in the progess.

The Hacker NES is kind of cheating, since it's a bootleg but it's more or less what would happen if one A52 game got worked on for about half a year instead of three months with 50 or so other games. It suffers from similar problems as A52 does: Bad graphics, wonky hit boxes, stolen assets, and dreadful music, but kind of like Dragon's Lair, it was oddly fun to play. The game was so janky it made me laugh, and the main playable character has a surprisingly in-depth kit. I particularly had fun doing crouch kicks for shorter enemies, that's a feature that even some officially licensed games at the time wouldn't let you do.

I can guarantee you haven't played any of these games

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 17:03:52

When I was a kid I was excited for Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction as the commercials made it seem like you could use the Ultimate transformations any time you wanted but it was so by the books, even as a licensed game, and Ultimate forms were only used at certain segments of the game. For the first time as a child I was disappointed in a game and bored of it by the first level.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 17:23:31

I stay away from shit games, so I can't really say.

People who use "lizard" as an insult, have never seen the true beauty of nature.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 17:28:08

johnny kung fu

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 17:30:06

The worst game I ever played was “Dont tell your mother”

fug kew I'm not making a signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 19:42:07

At 7/7/21 04:23 PM, animemademegay wrote:
At 7/6/21 04:32 PM, LadyKuki wrote: A three way tie between Action 52, Dragon's Lair, and The Hacker all on the NES.

I can guarantee you haven't played any of these games

Nah, I have. Dragon's Lair and A52 for not very long, but The Hacker I got like, 90% done with it. Bad games are kind of fun, but messed up way to waste time.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-07 20:04:49

Sonic Labyrinth

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-11 02:10:06

Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. Fuck that game.

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-11 14:21:50

scary maze game

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-11 16:25:13

Balan wonderworld

i bought this game excepting it to be good

but unfortunately it wasn’t

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-07-11 16:59:16

Pocket Kitten Cats Go.

أوين

Mighty no 9 felt and looked like i was playing the video game equivelant of soggy cereal. Like mega man is a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and mighty no 9 is like trying to eat that bowl of cereal after leaving it out for a week. Its a stupid analogy but i cant think of a more accurate way to describe just how mediocre wverything about the game is.

If you are seeing this signature go play celeste and monkey ball deluxe.

BBS Signature

One day I was browsing games on Google Play. I came across a ''game'' with probably the worst title I have ever seen (Army Commando Offline Games 3D- New Shooting Games) and I decided to download it out of curiosity.

It was exactly what I expected from the beginning. An FPS ''game'' with PS1 graphics, zero gameplay and ads all over the place.

This game has 50.000.000 downloads, like wtf?

00101000 00100000 11001101 10100001 11000010 10110000 00100000 11001101 10011100 11001010 10010110 00100000 11001101 10100001 11000010 10110000 00101001

BBS Signature

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-09-10 11:27:11

At 7/3/21 03:30 PM, argile wrote: Tom and Jerry for the snes,infact it's almost a guarantee that almost a majority of license based games tend to be bad or mediocre

I thought the last boss ( jerry builds a rocket) to be a let down

Wut wut

Buy ImLunchBoxx dm me NOW!

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-09-11 00:57:18

Galerian Ash...I think it's called

Response to Worst game you ever played 2021-09-11 13:42:51

At 7/3/21 01:46 PM, JohnPeter25 wrote: Miner Ultra Adventures

Shut, this game is godlike

BBS Signature