00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme

65,839 Views | 167 Replies
Respond to this Topic

I suck at animating... but I'll try my best because idfk

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-03 18:14:59


At 7/2/21 11:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add; Round 2 specifically was based on a suggestion made by @AnonymousAlchemist and the theme is…


Question: Are we making our own original story with the characters based on the animation or retelling a story of a pice of media in a 90s anime style?

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-03 19:00:54


Cartoons. Not anime. I watched more anime than cartoons growing up so my brain autocorrects it sometimes,I’m sorry!


Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-03 19:24:50


good

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-03 20:21:37


really cool stuff!


weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-03 21:26:02


Alredy started mine! I'm doing a madness one! :D

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 02:34:48


fuck you tankman is a dick

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 02:45:18


At 7/4/21 02:34 AM, ThePcPlayer wrote: fuck you tankman is a dick


yes

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 02:45:34


what makes you say that?


At 7/4/21 02:34 AM, ThePcPlayer wrote: fuck you tankman is a dick



ASF311💜

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 04:06:43


At 7/3/21 07:00 PM, MagicalGirlFia wrote: Cartoons. Not anime. I watched more anime than cartoons growing up so my brain autocorrects it sometimes,I’m sorry!


They are both good in different ways.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 14:26:01


bye bye my movie, i'm a fly without head of course


good luck amigos on saturday newgrounds!! :3


I'm playing geometry dash 🥰


( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (づOwO)づ legitimately doing reviews, games n' posts, I love you so much <3333

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 14:29:30


At 7/4/21 02:26 PM, kruno5gaming wrote: bye bye my movie, i'm a fly without head of course

good luck amigos on saturday newgrounds!! :3


had to be done

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-04 23:05:47


At 7/4/21 01:10 PM, The-Great-One wrote: For those working on your Saturday Morning Cartoon entry, perhaps these may be of interest.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/971982
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/913302


Very nice Saturday Morning cartoon tunes.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 00:12:18


At 7/2/21 11:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add; Round 2 specifically was based on a suggestion made by @AnonymousAlchemist and the theme is…


holy fuck steve is a certified froot loops fan let's go froot loops moment

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 08:53:27


Hmmm... I was wondering... I'm doing an animation on the roadrunner show typpa thing, but whit madness characters... would it still fit the topic? let me know.

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 09:07:37


At 7/5/21 08:53 AM, BigVinnieBoe wrote: Hmmm... I was wondering... I'm doing an animation on the roadrunner show typpa thing, but whit madness characters... would it still fit the topic? let me know.


Madness characters would be fine!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 11:03:48


Here is the promotional art for my first animation for this jam.

iu_348952_8677926.webp

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 12:33:22


AWESOME!!! congrats for the winners also, im so excited for round 2!!!

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 13:16:04


At 7/5/21 12:33 PM, HEROBLADE-Z wrote: AWESOME!!! congrats for the winners also, im so excited for round 2!!!


Your entry using colored pencil backgrounds, shot frame-by-frame, was really awesome. I hope you continue to participate in Round 2!

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 13:19:21


OH thank you so much!!! and, of course i´ll participate in round 2, and i think im going to use a little bit different technique each round ;D

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 13:24:35


epic

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 16:22:15


At 7/2/21 12:43 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote:

: Congratulations to all of the Round 1 winners! I'm excited to see what Round 2 produces! Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like me to provide voices for your submissions! heres my enrtyiu_349146_9489070.webp



livy

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 16:35:13


I wasn't going to do this however there's an old school video that has stuck with me for years. It was made back in 2006 and sadly it no longer exists on the platform :'( However, it still exists in my memory (and maybe a ripped version on youtube?) and it's been gnawing at me. At minimum, I'm hoping to deliver an animatic. Which brings me to the following....


I need a singer/vocalist for the theme song!


Turns out, my singing sounds much worse recorded than when I'm jamming out in the shower. I have the music and lyrics, I just need a better sounding voice (and the bar is quite low ;D). Send me a message if interested, thanks!

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 19:56:06


At 7/5/21 04:35 PM, Temariix wrote: I wasn't going to do this however there's an old school video that has stuck with me for years. It was made back in 2006 and sadly it no longer exists on the platform :'( However, it still exists in my memory (and maybe a ripped version on youtube?) and it's been gnawing at me. At minimum, I'm hoping to deliver an animatic. Which brings me to the following....

I need a singer/vocalist for the theme song!

Turns out, my singing sounds much worse recorded than when I'm jamming out in the shower. I have the music and lyrics, I just need a better sounding voice (and the bar is quite low ;D). Send me a message if interested, thanks!


don't lie, it's the steven seagal show isn't it

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 21:38:27


At 7/5/21 07:56 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: don't lie, it's the steven seagal show isn't it
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593192


Oh my lord, rewatching this was like unlocking forbidden knowledge

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 22:22:16


Definitely might need to borrow some voice talent for this one!!! excited to animate for this prompt!!!

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-05 22:25:07


At 7/5/21 10:22 PM, Ryu-Inu wrote: Definitely might need to borrow some voice talent for this one!!! excited to animate for this prompt!!!

HELLO THERE


Is it OK if I base my Round 2 submission on Beavis and Butt-head? Fits the time-frame.


Go and subscribe and comment on my flies.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Jams Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Theme 2021-07-06 01:40:46


At 7/5/21 11:07 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Is it OK if I base my Round 2 submission on Beavis and Butt-head? Fits the time-frame.


yea, absolutely. It'll be interesting to see what characters on the site people think fit their roles and universe. I think there's a lot of easy picks out there for the sense of humor so it'd be fun to see a Daria kind of entry from someone too :p