00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Bike Slide Collab

10,245 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 18:20:42

THE BIKE SLIDE COLLAB

iu_335551_6376162.gif

We're givin one of the most iconic shots in animation its own collab. @Luis and I are hosting the Bike Slide Collab, animate your own take on the Akira bike skid and be apart of the ultimate tribute to that one cool ass shot that everybody loves look how cool that shit is.

iu_335553_6376162.gif

This damn slide has shown up in so many different places in animation, we're hopin to edit together a tribute that plays out somethin like this.

GUIDELINES

Reference the shot and animate your own take on it. Use your own characters, setting, be as creative as you can and make something that stands out! Throw your own spin on it, just keep in mind the guidelines and remember to have a bike skidding in there. To give you an idea of what we're doing, here's a WIP of my take on it.

iu_335552_6376162.gif

FORMAT

Resolution: 1920x1080

Framerate: 24fps

Length: Max 5 seconds

DEADLINE

We want your entry by JULY 30th. This is just a goofy small collab, and we reckon 5 seconds aint much to ask for with that time limit.

WANNA MAKE SOMETHIN? JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/EHMSzTC8

Remember, NEWGROUNDS: GOOD FOR HEALTH, BAD FOR EDUCATION

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 19:44:01 (edited 2021-06-19 19:44:42)

At 6/19/21 06:20 PM, Snackers wrote: THE BIKE SLIDE COLLAB

We're givin one of the most iconic shots in animation its own collab. @Luis and I are hosting the Bike Slide Collab, animate your own take on the Akira bike skid and be apart of the ultimate tribute to that one cool ass shot that everybody loves look how cool that shit is.

This damn slide has shown up in so many different places in animation, we're hopin to edit together a tribute that plays out somethin like this.

GUIDELINES
Reference the shot and animate your own take on it. Use your own characters, setting, be as creative as you can and make something that stands out! Throw your own spin on it, just keep in mind the guidelines and remember to have a bike skidding in there. To give you an idea of what we're doing, here's a WIP of my take on it.

FORMAT

DEADLINE
We want your entry by JULY 30th. This is just a goofy small collab, and we reckon 5 seconds aint much to ask for with that time limit.

Might take part in this, thought of something funny, whats tag I put this under?

Have a super mario day :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 19:46:01

GUIDELINES

FORMAT

DEADLINE

I’ll join.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 19:58:11

okay you

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 20:01:27

Very tempting, Snackers

VERY tempting *opens Flash*

Do you like my art? Why don't you support me on KO-FI

I'm also taking commissions! Please check out my prices HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 21:33:42

Hmm sounds pretty good yeah I don’t know. It’s quite a little concept you have really, alright fine I’ll do it geese just simmer down. I love Akira, the anime I’ve been watching recently is the original Dragon Ball which is cute and just a little fun adventure. I like Master Roshi’s little turtle, his voice reminds me of Beaky Buzzard from looney tunes which is one of my favorite looney tunes characters ever thought up. iu_335651_6739555.jpg

iu_335652_6739555.jpg

Funny bird

Funny bird 2

Funny bird 3

Funny old guy

Funny Turtle

Bulma has hair dryer brain, she’s as dumb as a rock. She called turtle the wrong pronoun grrr, she called him a tortoise and not a turtle what!!Dah I’m my head hurts, maybe next time Bulma doesn’t grill her brain too much 0n the hot pavement because she’s making me stupider with her retard rays coming at me like thunder. Okay bye.

It's me

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 21:49:38

Hot dog, I'll join

I really don't know what to put on here.

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-19 22:42:19 (edited 2021-06-19 22:42:29)

GUIDELINES

FORMAT

DEADLINE

god damn it every time i say im gonna take a break from animating something cool happens count me in

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-20 06:37:27

Might take part in this, thought of something funny, whats tag I put this under?

If you wanna make somethin, send it to me or Luis and we'll put it in the collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-20 06:40:37

At 6/19/21 09:33 PM, Tiltro wrote: Hmm sounds pretty good yeah I don’t know. It’s quite a little concept you have really, alright fine I’ll do it geese just simmer down. I love Akira, the anime I’ve been watching recently is the original Dragon Ball which is cute and just a little fun adventure. I like Master Roshi’s little turtle, his voice reminds me of Beaky Buzzard from looney tunes which is one of my favorite looney tunes characters ever thought up.

Funny bird
Funny bird 2
Funny bird 3
Funny old guy
Funny Turtle
Bulma has hair dryer brain, she’s as dumb as a rock. She called turtle the wrong pronoun grrr, she called him a tortoise and not a turtle what!!Dah I’m my head hurts, maybe next time Bulma doesn’t grill her brain too much 0n the hot pavement because she’s making me stupider with her retard rays coming at me like thunder. Okay bye.

OG Dragonball is so fun, I've read it all but I'm definitely gonna go back and watch the anime, once I finish Z. I figured you'd like the turtle tiltro

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-20 11:23:10

i don’t even know how to animate but this seems fun! Might try it out 👀👀

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 11:14:56

i like this

woah! oooh! dude woah! signature!! woah!! dude oh! oh my god! woah!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 14:31:11

i am ready

breaking bad is so good, I've become a meth lord during my hiatus.

click on the picture to buy sum sweet crystal

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 14:49:52

GUIDELINES

FORMAT

DEADLINE

i want to join

SailorRJ :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 14:51:48

Wait.. this isnt from the Simpsons??

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 17:49:28

GUIDELINES
just keep in mind the guidelines and remember to have a bike skidding in there.

Hey wait a minute, marceline's drift doesn't have a bike! are skidding animals/creatures/other unstable vehicles ok?

I urge you to allow bikeless drifts my good sir.

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 18:52:55

At 6/22/21 05:49 PM, PegasuTV wrote:
GUIDELINES
just keep in mind the guidelines and remember to have a bike skidding in there.
Hey wait a minute, marceline's drift doesn't have a bike! are skidding animals/creatures/other unstable vehicles ok?
I urge you to allow bikeless drifts my good sir.

YEAH I should really rephrase it! Anything you can think of that can skid is fine n dandy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-22 21:18:37

ok cool

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 09:57:05

GUIDELINES

FORMAT

DEADLINE

i am joining this oh my god im going to join

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 10:02:33

smoke is kind of boring to animate!

iu_338772_28372.gif

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 17:24:44

I would love to join!

I have a question though, do I need Discord to join the collab?

me

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 17:34:38

At 6/23/21 05:24 PM, Tyro1301 wrote: I would love to join!

nope. but its friendly over there and people can give you advice if they are online.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 18:50:59

At 6/23/21 05:34 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/23/21 05:24 PM, Tyro1301 wrote: I would love to join!

nope. but its friendly over there and people can give you advice if they are online.

Aight I'll try to work fast on it!

I'll also consider joining the Discord server :>

me

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-23 22:09:42

last thing I need right now is another project but count me in

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 00:42:03

Ooo how am I finding about this just now :0 And right when I got done with another project, how exciting! Very tempting to try this one out!

Hi :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 11:32:34 (edited 2021-06-24 11:45:27)

2nd animation ever done. Can you guys help me improve firstly how do I post the animated GIF. ?

iu_339685_2725968.png

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 11:39:38

This seems so much fun to animate, I'm in!!!

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 12:06:17

At 6/24/21 11:32 AM, Tapersteve wrote: 2nd animation ever done. Can you guys help me improve firstly how do I post the animated GIF. ?

pretty hard to judge animation with a still image! I dunno what program your using but there should be an option to export as a gif in the export options

BBS Signature

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 13:04:05

At 6/24/21 12:06 PM, Snackers wrote:
At 6/24/21 11:32 AM, Tapersteve wrote: 2nd animation ever done. Can you guys help me improve firstly how do I post the animated GIF. ?
pretty hard to judge animation with a still image! I dunno what program your using but there should be an option to export as a gif in the export options

i exported as an animated gif but its uploads as a still image ?

Response to The Bike Slide Collab 2021-06-24 13:39:50

At 6/24/21 01:04 PM, Tapersteve wrote:
At 6/24/21 12:06 PM, Snackers wrote:
i exported as an animated gif but its uploads as a still image ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tHYyfk8jdMVLuQJKoGCkW7k1J4NDtoSD/view?usp=drivesdk

For some reason I have to host myself ?