00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Top entries from 06/09/2021!

276 Views | 15 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 00:07:05

Congratulations to the real Newgrounder winners!

"Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world."

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 00:10:10

You can't kill Suction Cup Man!

Go and subscribe and comment on my flies.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 01:28:33

At 6/10/21 12:07 AM, SatanBrain wrote: Congratulations to the real Newgrounder winners!

My Foamy review was deleted lol.

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 05:34:51

beaten by foamy.................i bring great shame to my family

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 05:38:37

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #69 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 05:40:31

At 6/10/21 01:28 AM, Pop-Tart wrote: My Foamy review was deleted lol.

What did you write to merit such intensive consequence?! Haven't had one deleted in ages now...

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 06:20:32

At 6/10/21 05:40 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: What did you write to merit such intensive consequence?! Haven't had one deleted in ages now...

Something like "This just validates that you aren't a real Newgrounder."

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 06:37:07

At 6/10/21 06:20 AM, Pop-Tart wrote: Something like "This just validates that you aren't a real Newgrounder."

Hmm, feel like I need to watch that episode now and see if said assessment is therein validated somehow...

But good to know. Not totally unmerited then.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 13:21:20

At 6/10/21 06:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Hmm, feel like I need to watch that episode now and see if said assessment is therein validated somehow...

It wasn't the content of the episode I criticized. It was the fact that the site was celebrating an event and he was clearly unaware of it. Not even a quick 'Happy Piconjo Day!' in the description. Just the usual 'gIvE mE mOniE$.'

Honestly, there was no point in deleting my review (despite it breaking the rules) because he never was going to read it (or anyone else's.)

Wait until Brew Stew uploads 'one time I went to the salon with my mom" on Clock Day. I'll call him crap too.

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-10 13:28:08

At 6/10/21 01:21 PM, Pop-Tart wrote:
At 6/10/21 06:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Hmm, feel like I need to watch that episode now and see if said assessment is therein validated somehow...

It wasn't the content of the episode I criticized. It was the fact that the site was celebrating an event and he was clearly unaware of it. Not even a quick 'Happy Piconjo Day!' in the description. Just the usual 'gIvE mE mOniE$.'

Honestly, there was no point in deleting my review (despite it breaking the rules) because he never was going to read it (or anyone else's.)

Wait until Brew Stew uploads 'one time I went to the salon with my mom" on Clock Day. I'll call him crap too.

Right, I realized after I'd responded there, my bad. Suppose I don't expect everyone to tune into our local festivities though, even if they are OGs. Though definitely would've been cool if he did acknowledge it. Was a pretty mediocre episode to boot.

Probably true, but rules are rules and all.

Haha man I hope illwill doesn't time in that one too. XD Enmity a building it seems...

BBS Signature

At 6/10/21 01:21 PM, Pop-Tart wrote:

My review was also deleted for the same reasons. IDK, illwillpress doesn't participate in the community at all, so he'll never read this but IMO if he doesn't show the site's culture decency, then he shouldn't get the privilege of having reviews taken down.

I get it's to prevent Piconjo day in the future from becoming a day where people blam his submissions out of tradition, but I feel like a commemorative newspost would probably accomplish a similar result.

BBS Signature

At 6/10/21 05:44 PM, ProsciuttoMan wrote: My review was also deleted for the same reasons. IDK, illwillpress doesn't participate in the community at all, so he'll never read this but IMO if he doesn't show the site's culture decency, then he shouldn't get the privilege of having reviews taken down.
I get it's to prevent Piconjo day in the future from becoming a day where people blam his submissions out of tradition, but I feel like a commemorative newspost would probably accomplish a similar result.

I wonder why it seems so indecent to you just that he's not involved, though? I'd understand if he was actually cracking down on NG submissions/mascots somehow, but as it is at least he's contributing content, and it's up to anyone who wants to to view it. It's not forced upon anyone; it doesn't feel derogatory to our culture either IMHO. He didn't win an award here either, so he's not taking the spotlight from those who do deserve it now.

If he has fans that feel a need to report these reviews then there is a base of users that appreciates him right? And so he is a part of the culture after all, even if we don't all appreciate his being here, or his content. Would it be better if he wasn't here though? Would alienating certain prolific individuals with possibly lesser quality content make the community better as a whole, or would it maybe just make the userbase smaller and less inclusive as a result?

Would definitely be cool if he partook in these festivities, but I don't know if this is the best way to get him on board, or if chasing him away would make anything better.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-11 12:07:40

At 6/11/21 10:25 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 6/10/21 05:44 PM, ProsciuttoMan wrote: My review was also deleted for the same reasons. IDK, illwillpress doesn't participate in the community at all, so he'll never read this but IMO if he doesn't show the site's culture decency, then he shouldn't get the privilege of having reviews taken down.
I wonder why it seems so indecent to you just that he's not involved, though? I'd understand if he was actually cracking down on NG submissions/mascots somehow, but as it is at least he's contributing content, and it's up to anyone who wants to to view it. It's not forced upon anyone; it doesn't feel derogatory to our culture either IMHO. He didn't win an award here either, so he's not taking the spotlight from those who do deserve it now.

If he has fans that feel a need to report these reviews then there is a base of users that appreciates him right? And so he is a part of the culture after all, even if we don't all appreciate his being here, or his content. Would it be better if he wasn't here though? Would alienating certain prolific individuals with possibly lesser quality content make the community better as a whole, or would it maybe just make the userbase smaller and less inclusive as a result?

Would definitely be cool if he partook in these festivities, but I don't know if this is the best way to get him on board, or if chasing him away would make anything better.

Oh, I def worded that response poorly lmao.

I don't think he should be chased off the site or anything like that, nor do I think he should be censored in any way. I do think that his videos do often unfairly beat out other submissions though, Piconjo: Reqieum was extremely well animated and yet it was rated lower than a video of just him talking about a shitty internet connection with 4 or 5 images moving around.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-11 14:13:57

At 6/11/21 12:07 PM, ProsciuttoMan wrote: Oh, I def worded that response poorly lmao.
I don't think he should be chased off the site or anything like that, nor do I think he should be censored in any way. I do think that his videos do often unfairly beat out other submissions though, Piconjo: Reqieum was extremely well animated and yet it was rated lower than a video of just him talking about a shitty internet connection with 4 or 5 images moving around.

Ah alright. I can understand that. Personally I feel like only the top 5 really count, but the other ones probably do get some attention as well, so fair thought. Would've been no problem if only he didn't make the list here then...

Definitely wasn't his best episode either.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 06/09/2021! 2021-06-13 04:52:07

Congrats to all the winners.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature