00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

are you automatically racist if ur white?

899 Views | 63 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

was arguing on a forum post on Everskies bc op was accused of being racist despite being white themselves (and supporting other POC), and most people started thinking that the OP was racist because they (the OP) felt "privileged." because i'm black myself, i chose to say that there's a low chance of seeing an actually racist white person, as i've seen alot of nice white people.

however those people who thought "white = racist" ganged up on me, thinking i'm spreading "false news." i felt like i needed to clarify/specify my opinion (like saying like "depending on the area u live in"). everytime i'm on that hellsite i feel either the need to dumb myself down or guilty because i've made "stupid" arguments.

i decided to go here because this BBS is kinda the "opposite" of the forums on Everskies.

but guys, what do you think? is being white = automatically racist?

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 16:43:22

No.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 16:44:10

At 6/6/21 04:43 PM, Sequenced wrote: No.

that's what i was thinking. it depends on the environment they're raised in!

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 16:48:25

Racism, noun. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

I think anyone calling a race racist without irony has an IQ of room temperature.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 16:56:39

No.

Turkey. If you're willing to actually hear what I have to say, I'm open to having a mature discussion with you. I'll unblock you. You unblock me. We can talk. Ok?

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 17:15:35

no.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 17:46:10

Another "Whites are victims" topic?

And the answer is, of course, no.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 18:05:44

At 6/6/21 05:46 PM, EdyKel wrote: Another "Whites are victims" topic?

And the answer is, of course, no.

i didn't know such a topic like this was made recently before o_o

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 18:16:29

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote:

No.

With how much this narrative is being pushed, its no surprise seeing people tried to pressure you into believing it. Its simply not true. We are our own people; we do not inherit the sins of others.

Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 21:16:26

At 6/6/21 06:16 PM, Tyler wrote: With how much this narrative is being pushed, its no surprise seeing people tried to pressure you into believing it. Its simply not true. We are our own people; we do not inherit the sins of others.

Interesting how they got mad at a black guy when he disagreed with them. Apparently he's supposed to have a certain set of beliefs because he's black.

Which is incredibly racist.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 21:24:55

At 6/6/21 09:16 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 6/6/21 06:16 PM, Tyler wrote: With how much this narrative is being pushed, its no surprise seeing people tried to pressure you into believing it. Its simply not true. We are our own people; we do not inherit the sins of others.
Interesting how they got mad at a black guy when he disagreed with them. Apparently he's supposed to have a certain set of beliefs because he's black.

Which is incredibly racist.

if ur referring to me, then im a girl lol but u do have a great point

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 21:47:17

Yes

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-06 22:53:25

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote:

everytime i'm on that hellsite i feel either the need to dumb myself down or guilty because i've made "stupid" arguments.

Sounds like you're too smart to be hanging around those types of people anyway :P

Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 07:45:54

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote: but guys, what do you think? is being white = automatically racist?

Didn't you know? The new definition of racist is 'anyone who doesn't pay their money to them'. Kinda like how back when you were supposed to pay tithes to the church to avoid being called a heretic.

That's your cue to laugh out loud and walk away. Don't let those control freaks and petty authoritarians have any sort of control over you.

I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 07:58:44

Dumb thread. Of course not.

Sidenote - even though the inclusivity / racial awareness brigade goes overboard at times, I've got no problem with an increase in public debate and discourse around race, even though it does get tiring at times. Just look at public attitudes now compared with where we were in the 80s. We've come a long way and it's easy to lose sight of that sometimes, be optimistic!

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 14:54:50

I think humans are inherently tribal and will always be better disposed to people more like them.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 15:30:43

Nope. That's twitter bullshit.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 17:32:45

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote: is being white = automatically racist?

Nope, see: me.

At 6/7/21 02:54 PM, W1nnie wrote: I think humans are inherently tribal and will always be better disposed to people more like them.

Well, humans are indeed inherently tribal, but skin colour has nothing to do with it. For most of history, a Frenchman would have fared worse in England than a black guy.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 18:40:51

At 6/7/21 05:32 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Well, humans are indeed inherently tribal, but skin colour has nothing to do with it.

I think appearance definitely plays a role and identity is closely tied to ancestry.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 18:53:09

At 6/7/21 06:40 PM, W1nnie wrote:
At 6/7/21 05:32 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Well, humans are indeed inherently tribal, but skin colour has nothing to do with it.
I think appearance definitely plays a role and identity is closely tied to ancestry.

Only if you let it. If someone is useful to my community, why the balls should I care how they look or whence they're descended?

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 19:35:07

I think this is one of the few topics in which there is universal agreement. Being white =/= racist.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-07 21:10:26

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote: was arguing on a forum post on Everskies bc op was accused of being racist despite being white themselves (and supporting other POC), and most people started thinking that the OP was racist because they (the OP) felt "privileged." because i'm black myself, i chose to say that there's a low chance of seeing an actually racist white person, as i've seen alot of nice white people.

however those people who thought "white = racist" ganged up on me, thinking i'm spreading "false news." i felt like i needed to clarify/specify my opinion (like saying like "depending on the area u live in"). everytime i'm on that hellsite i feel either the need to dumb myself down or guilty because i've made "stupid" arguments.

i decided to go here because this BBS is kinda the "opposite" of the forums on Everskies.

You're not insta-racist if you're white but you are an asshole if you don't realize the advantages that you have because you are white

Life's like the feeling when you had a point, but forgot it

Had a ticket for my train of thought, but I lost it

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 07:34:08

Absolutely not...

Educación inclusiva personalizada a las necesidades y características de cada estudiante.

Centro Formativo Otxarkoaga

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 08:50:42

At 6/7/21 02:54 PM, W1nnie wrote: I think humans are inherently tribal and will always be better disposed to people more like them.
Well, humans are indeed inherently tribal, but skin colour has nothing to do with it. For most of history, a Frenchman would have fared worse in England than a black guy.

Although I've never been out of North America, that statement from my aunts who have is true. There are some parts of the world where whites are the minority and are treated differently.

I can't remember which country they went to, but they talked about the obvious racisim. They got treated wonderfully, but noticed how different caucasians were treated. It wasn't blatant, but definetly notiecable.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 09:06:34

There are some parts of the world where whites are the minority and are treated differently.

Like America? No, seriously. I haven't heard from a white person who was a minority in their city school who didn't have several horror stories.

It's a fact of life that, without a unifying culture or value system to prevent it, majorities of any kind will find ways to make life harder for minorities, especially ones that stand out because of race or religion or whatever. Americans want to pretend this only ever goes one way when all of human history says otherwise.

It's incredibly frustrating because Americans "you wouldn't understand" attitude to these things, that acts as though empathy is impossible, prevents us from seeing this very obvious truth and trying to do something about it.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 09:07:22

The overwhelming consensus appears to be no, with a few sarcastic yeses.

CRT would like a word with you all

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 09:08:22

At 6/8/21 09:07 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: The overwhelming consensus appears to be no, with a few sarcastic yeses.

Right. It bears repeating that the American state disagrees with us all, and publicly teaches otherwise at the highest levels of education.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 12:10:50

At 6/6/21 04:34 PM, weirdcore wrote: was arguing on a forum post on Everskies bc op was accused of being racist despite being white themselves (and supporting other POC), and most people started thinking that the OP was racist because they (the OP) felt "privileged." because i'm black myself, i chose to say that there's a low chance of seeing an actually racist white person, as i've seen alot of nice white people.

The very fact that anybody even says that means that they're just trying to cause hatred between mankind. Saying that someone is racist just because of their skin color is like saying that you're a pedophile because your hair is a certain color. It's completely illogical and not based on hard-as-rock evidence. They can't go around saying that because it's completely untrue and has no actual relevance to what racism is based upon. Hatred is not determined by race, it's determined by what you choose to do in the moment.

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 13:09:05

Personally I think that everyone is racist at least on a subconscious level. Everyone has subconscious biases regardless of you race, sex, sexual orientation, etc. We live in a racist society and it is impossible to grow up and interact with people without developing these biases.

That being said I think it matters more how you act towards other people and what you believe in. If you treat other people with respect and try and fight for justice and equality I think that is a better test of your character than your subconscious biases.

Some people also have these biases much stronger than others and I would assume most reasonable people try and acknowledge their biases and correct themselves when they find themselves thinking racist/sexist/whatever thoughts.

That's just my opinion on the matter. My general advice would just be to treat others with respect and empathy.

BBS Signature

Response to are you automatically racist if ur white? 2021-06-08 13:16:27

At 6/8/21 09:07 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: The overwhelming consensus appears to be no, with a few sarcastic yeses.

Shush