00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Loki Club 2021-06-04 23:11:52

This is a club all about Loki.

Loki (TV Show, 2021) | Cast, Characters, Release Date | Marvel

Loki (TV series) - Wikipedia

If you would like to join this club, let me know.

We can discuss the TV show, and the comics the show was based on. Also, anything Loki related.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-05 19:19:33

Loki episode 1 release date, and the full schedule for the Disney Plus series - CNET

Loki premiers on June, 9, 2021.

Be ready to watch it, and we can discuss it here.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-10 06:06:52

Pretty nice they got the emotional lynchpin to nullify his Avengers characterization over with already, and a decent Mephisto reference at the beginning should they go in that direction. I'm still hoping for Kang and maybe a stealth Doom cameo.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-10 07:30:54 (edited 2021-06-10 07:40:58)

When is his kid Jörmungandr/the midgard serpent going to show up? Are Disney being ophiophobic by erasing Loki's family history? Having Loki interact with his country-sized son could be really interesting. But that would probably be too interesting for Disney, they like safe and profitable ideas. I guess i shouldn't complain, i don't even watch their superhero stuff. I have a feeling that if i watched the Thor films that i would just get annoyed by the artistic liberties they took.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-10 10:26:31 (edited 2021-06-10 10:34:23)

At 6/10/21 07:30 AM, Farfarsbayonet wrote: When is his kid Jörmungandr/the midgard serpent going to show up? Are Disney being ophiophobic by erasing Loki's family history? Having Loki interact with his country-sized son could be really interesting. But that would probably be too interesting for Disney, they like safe and profitable ideas. I guess i shouldn't complain, i don't even watch their superhero stuff. I have a feeling that if i watched the Thor films that i would just get annoyed by the artistic liberties they took.

Like how they made Hela into some pretty woman with horns, when in the myths she was a half rotting goddess of the dead, or how their thor has a really weak looking beard. I just realized i sound a bit like a jerk right now, just walking in and nitpicking about mythological accuracy in a club about comic book characters. Sorry, i was being too negative. My bad.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-12 05:17:54

At 6/10/21 06:06 AM, axehandle-stain wrote: Pretty nice they got the emotional lynchpin to nullify his Avengers characterization over with already, and a decent Mephisto reference at the beginning should they go in that direction. I'm still hoping for Kang and maybe a stealth Doom cameo.

I thought they did a great job overall with Loki.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-12 05:19:04

At 6/10/21 07:30 AM, Farfarsbayonet wrote: When is his kid Jörmungandr/the midgard serpent going to show up? Are Disney being ophiophobic by erasing Loki's family history? Having Loki interact with his country-sized son could be really interesting. But that would probably be too interesting for Disney, they like safe and profitable ideas. I guess i shouldn't complain, i don't even watch their superhero stuff. I have a feeling that if i watched the Thor films that i would just get annoyed by the artistic liberties they took.

Disney will always add there own ideas and thoughts into the Marvel material.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-12 05:42:39 (edited 2021-06-12 05:47:10)

At 6/12/21 05:19 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

I did not mean to be a dick to anyone that likes marvels Thor franchise if that is how i came across. I was tired and in a bad mood when i wrote that comment, and it was not until i had posted it that i realized i made myself look like a nitpicky asshat. Sorry.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-12 23:46:43

At 6/10/21 10:26 AM, Farfarsbayonet wrote: Like how they made Hela into some pretty woman with horns, when in the myths she was a half rotting goddess of the dead, or how their thor has a really weak looking beard. I just realized i sound a bit like a jerk right now, just walking in and nitpicking about mythological accuracy in a club about comic book characters. Sorry, i was being too negative. My bad.

You are definitely passionate about this subject, which is great. Its okay if you were a little too negative. Just try to be more positive next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-13 04:45:49

At 6/12/21 05:42 AM, Farfarsbayonet wrote:
At 6/12/21 05:19 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I did not mean to be a dick to anyone that likes marvels Thor franchise if that is how i came across. I was tired and in a bad mood when i wrote that comment, and it was not until i had posted it that i realized i made myself look like a nitpicky asshat. Sorry.

No worries at all. I am guessing you did not see the first episode of Loki? I will be doing my review of episode one after a week of its release, so after June 16,2021. That should give most people a chance to view it.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-15 04:44:25

Loki episode 2 is tomorrow 6/16/21. Make sure you catch up on the first episode, before watching it. I will be updating the first episode soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-17 13:29:35

Loki episode 2 was yesterday. Did you think it was better than part 1? Is it following the comics close enough for you?

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-20 05:44:04

Should I review part one before I announce more about part 2?

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-20 06:48:57

At 6/20/21 05:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Should I review part one before I announce more about part 2?

Go ahead. I just hope the Hansel gets his jet skis.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-21 02:26:52

At 6/20/21 06:48 AM, axehandle-stain wrote:
At 6/20/21 05:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Should I review part one before I announce more about part 2?
Go ahead. I just hope the Hansel gets his jet skis.

Here is my official review of Loki episode one.

The new show truly begins when Loki is spit out through a portal and lands in the vast Gobi Desert of Mongolia. Loki is quickly apprehended and taken through another portal, and meets the The Time Variance Authority. The have a mission to keep the time line in order.

Loki meets Mobius and they have a long conversation about why Loki acts the way he does. Loki tries to escape, but it doesn't work. He decides that he night want to help Mobius.

I thought it was a great episode. It has comedy and emotional scenes, plus some action.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-23 17:58:43

Loki episode 2 was just as good, if not better, than part one. I ill be doing the official review soon. So great ready for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-24 07:01:49

At 6/23/21 05:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Loki episode 2 was just as good, if not better, than part one. I ill be doing the official review soon. So great ready for it.

They're certainly going for a slow burn on antagonist variant Loki, and they've kept the clowning on Avengers Loki down to the levels experienced in the movies. Oh hey, another Star Trek alien world whose populace is indistinguishable from Earth's, and the mooks and peons origins are more unsavory than if they were just grown in a vat to be slaves.

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-26 04:01:51

At 6/24/21 07:01 AM, axehandle-stain wrote:
At 6/23/21 05:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Loki episode 2 was just as good, if not better, than part one. I ill be doing the official review soon. So great ready for it.
They're certainly going for a slow burn on antagonist variant Loki, and they've kept the clowning on Avengers Loki down to the levels experienced in the movies. Oh hey, another Star Trek alien world whose populace is indistinguishable from Earth's, and the mooks and peons origins are more unsavory than if they were just grown in a vat to be slaves.

I do like the concept of Loki being the Criminal and the Hero at the same time. I am sure it will get even more complicated as it goes.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-28 04:44:07

Here is the review of Loki episode 2.

There’s another variant Loki, and they need our Loki to catch him. There is plenty of action and some comedy, but then we finally get to look under the good, and its a girl. At first, I was like that is so lame. Loki is not a good. However, after thinking about it I came up with, is this version of Loki actually the Enchantress? That might actually make more sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-06-29 05:29:07

Loki Episode 3 will be tomorrow. Who knows what exciting things will happen next. Probably, much more comedy as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-02 05:27:22

I will be reviewing Loki Episode 3 next week. I will try to do it around the time episode four comes out.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-05 05:52:50

Well, I guess instead of being killed they really do get sent to another dimension...

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-05 20:53:42

At 7/5/21 05:52 AM, axehandle-stain wrote: Well, I guess instead of being killed they really do get sent to another dimension...

That will be explained more later. I did love that wacky and zany ending. hehe

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-08 03:44:49

Today was Loki episode number five of Loki. There is only one new episode left.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-08 05:50:06

At 7/8/21 03:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Today was Loki episode number five of Loki. There is only one new episode left.

Given they wouldn't even spring for Cumberbatch in Wandavision, I doubt if they'll pull the trigger on Kang for this series. That said, Richard E. Grant & President/Captain Hook Loki were pretty fun.

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-08 21:51:30

At 7/8/21 05:50 AM, axehandle-stain wrote:
At 7/8/21 03:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Today was Loki episode number five of Loki. There is only one new episode left.
Given they wouldn't even spring for Cumberbatch in Wandavision, I doubt if they'll pull the trigger on Kang for this series. That said, Richard E. Grant & President/Captain Hook Loki were pretty fun.

Yes, all the different Loki personalities was epic. Such a nice touch. All the Easter Eggs were why Marvel is the superior comic company. Did anybody notice them all?

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-09 06:29:41

At 7/8/21 09:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Yes, all the different Loki personalities was epic. Such a nice touch. All the Easter Eggs were why Marvel is the superior comic company. Did anybody notice them all?

I certainly enjoyed the "Oops, I dropped the cube" reference.

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-10 03:09:22

At 7/9/21 06:29 AM, axehandle-stain wrote:
At 7/8/21 09:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I certainly enjoyed the "Oops, I dropped the cube" reference.

Here is a not so hidden Easter Egg, did you see the Thanos Copter in the background? That is a silly thing that they put in an old school comic years ago. I thought it was hysterical.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-14 05:04:09

I still have to review parts three, four, and five. They will be coming soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Loki Club 2021-07-14 06:22:17

Just watched the final episode and if anything, I'm just speechless. It has been my favourite MCU show so far, and I'm badly going to miss the weekly episodes

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam

Pain is temporary but swag is forever

BBS Signature