00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Thoughts On Flipaclip?

504 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-04 21:38:40

Honestly I have a love and hate relationship on flipaclip, mostly hate since no pen sensitivity, only 3 layers and to get more layers it’s behind a paywall and more shit that’s basic to any animation program, not that much brushes and also this fucking watermark makes me wanna fucking drown myself

iu_322738_8157673.png

but honestly it’s a great way to start animating, it’s very simple and easy to use but damnnnnn it’s very limited

i can’t draw shit huh

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-05 00:43:50

I’ve honestly never used it but it seems great for beginners. I’ve seen plenty of good animations from this and they cut out the watermarks. I personally use Clip Studio Paint worth the price but if it’s free people are looking for I’m sure this will fit their needs till they lever up or purchase a different one.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-06 13:44:14

i think it's alright for beginners who want to make something short and sweet. No need to get serious software if your just doodling.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-06 20:41:06

iu_324218_8727961.png

D

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-07 02:12:45 (edited 2021-06-07 02:13:07)

Same thoughts I had last time. Fucking watermark makes it 10x worse. And it brands the animation as even more amateur then it would be without a water mark. There are plenty of free animation softwares to use that dont have watermarks

other than that it's ok.

De gustibus non est disputandum

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 20:49:49

I personally used to use it myself. I found that upgrading is super helpful, since i found the app to be every tedious. manually having to make FPS on 2s and 3s got really annoying at points. I don't know if it has changed since i've used it, however.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 21:22:50

Every time I see a FlipaClip animation in Under Judgement I make an audible "ugh", but I'll rate it decently if the animation is actually kind of good.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - YouTube

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 21:24:24

Kind of similar to any really primitive but free tool. Most things made in it aren't going to be fantastic, but every once in a while you get a fucking magician like Tatsubon's House (EZToon) or Cyriak (After Effects) that can make their software do things that seem like they shouldn't be possible.

Flash/Animate is my animation tool of choice and years of practice make it unlikely for me to ever use anything else, but if you somehow build mastery in another tool, by all means go for it.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 22:02:45 (edited 2021-06-08 22:05:56)

Well as someone who used it for nearly 2 years (I don't use it anymore, thank gosh). It's okay for beginners, but once you try doing some advanced stuff or making animations longer than a minute, that's when the program starts to show it's true flaws, especially the free version which I used.

An animation I made on here called Squash the Ball (which was animated 12 fps but runs at 14 so it could play faster) could've taken me a day or 2 if I would've made it in Flash, but since I made in Flipaclip, it took me nearly 2 weeks to make because I had to draw the ball every single frame, I had to use straight ahead animation because it's nearly impossible to keyframe, the program would lag after a certain amount of frames drawn, no vcam so I had to redraw the background multiple times for a moving shot, and there is no tweening so I had to manually move objects frame by frame which was a total pain. In retrospect, the animation still turn out to be terrible anyway.

In conclusion, I only recommend this program to an absolute beginner in animation. Anyone that plans on making fully length animations should stay away from this program. It was made for beginners in mind anyway.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that disgusting watermark. It literally can make animation go from a 7/10 to a 3l10. It looks so unprofessional.

Copyright sucks till you own the copyright.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 22:17:49

At 6/4/21 09:38 PM, TheBrickishere wrote: Honestly I have a love and hate relationship on flipaclip, mostly hate since no pen sensitivity, only 3 layers and to get more layers it’s behind a paywall and more shit that’s basic to any animation program, not that much brushes and also this fucking watermark makes me wanna fucking drown myself

but honestly it’s a great way to start animating, it’s very simple and easy to use but damnnnnn it’s very limited

I say never use it due to if you are using it. More than likely if try to edit it out, you are using a free program.

Join The Rat Cult and grasp firmly.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 22:21:38

At 6/8/21 09:22 PM, Tritnew wrote: Every time I see a FlipaClip animation in Under Judgement I make an audible "ugh", but I'll rate it decently if the animation is actually kind of good.

I find most stuff made with Flipaclip is the new Hypercam type of videos as in. No money, but alright content, but I recommend just trying to learn Krita's bad animation tools due to no paywall for the animation.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 22:27:47

I play beer pong keep it coming

Wut wut

Buy ImLunchBoxx dm me NOW!

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 22:44:04

At 6/4/21 09:38 PM, TheBrickishere wrote: Honestly I have a love and hate relationship on flipaclip, mostly hate since no pen sensitivity, only 3 layers and to get more layers it’s behind a paywall and more shit that’s basic to any animation program, not that much brushes and also this fucking watermark makes me wanna fucking drown myself

I have never used it, but better off using Krita for free animation, and also... There is no water marks being due to Krita.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-08 23:09:51

I feel like it's a pretty solid program for beginners, but overall, its pretty painful to use. Although i have seen people get pretty good at using it like Sr. Fluff over on YouTube.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-09 08:13:01 (edited 2021-06-09 08:13:15)

If I could write a program that could detect that Flipaclip watermark in a movie and BLAM it automatically, how many of you would download it?

Go and subscribe and comment on my flies.

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-09 08:30:23

Never used it personally, but as far I know of it, it seems to be a good tool for a beginner but the watermark is yelling to be blammed honestly.

There is another free animation like Pencli2D or Krita, though these can be complicated so FlipaClip could be a good start.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-09 08:37:44

At 6/9/21 08:30 AM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: Never used it personally, but as far I know of it, it seems to be a good tool for a beginner but the watermark is yelling to be blammed honestly.

There is another free animation like Pencli2D or Krita, though these can be complicated so FlipaClip could be a good start.

Krita is sadly a Digital painting program first before anything else.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-09 19:37:33

bro just download the premium apk version online lmfao

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-09 21:52:17 (edited 2021-06-09 21:53:13)

I use it, but it's quite limited. I'm planning to make one more animation in it then drop it.

also the watermark is utter shite

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 02:57:44

I don't know all too much about it, just that from first glance it looks like a Flipnote Studio PC spin-off.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 03:39:23

it's ok i guess idk

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 10:09:45 (edited 2021-06-10 10:10:38)

if you want to use it better use it for non-colored simple aniations, but if you want to get serious just use flash, its better in quality and its not very limited. but watch out for the most recent versions of adobe flash if your computer is a potato, if so, use old versions like flash cs3 to cs6

Javimaster

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 11:12:25

I agree with you. I used to use Flipaclip but honestly animations with stuff like Stick Nodes (or adobe flash, but idk where to get that) where you can just use sprites instead of drawing every frame manually is way better for me now. I'd appreciate both apps more if they actually had dang PC support.

im an artist/programmer or something

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 11:21:05

how does this compare to wick editor?

Don't trust a person with an anime profile picture

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 14:11:40

Is nice for beginners, people just has hate of the program because of the "Animation" that are made in it

A Random Brazilian Nerd Kid On NG

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 14:12:24

lfash cs4

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 14:40:27

i honestly dont care abt the pen sensitivity thingie bcoz i use my fingers

great app, i like the png sequence import feature, but sadly it could be quite laggy sometimes tho

the composter is a third eye

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 14:41:03

At 6/6/21 08:41 PM, Gimpmastermind wrote:

is that jack

the composter is a third eye

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 15:27:01

At 6/10/21 11:12 AM, s-zenmode wrote:

I agree with you. I used to use Flipaclip but honestly animations with stuff like Stick Nodes (or adobe flash, but idk where to get that) where you can just use sprites instead of drawing every frame manually is way better for me now. I'd appreciate both apps more if they actually had dang PC support.

=X To me, I find most drawing or all drawing software should be PC first, then mobile as mobile phones and drawing tablets that are compatable with mobile devices are way too much in their infancy.

As it costs more to get a good drawing tablet on Mobile Devices and decent software, while on PC You can get a 20-40 dollar drawing tablet and Krita/Medibang/FireAlpaca for free. The first two what I know are Ad-Free or am I misremembering Fire Alpaca....

When it comes to any beginner digital artist, I tell them. STAY OFF OF PHONES DUE TO LACK OF PROPER HARDWARE SUPPORT FOR DRAWING TABLETS, and also the Applications are in their infancy and not going to be as good or representive of the digital art experience. Including you maybe too-zoomed in more on phones while on PC you get a zoomed out view. I just don't see smart phones for software, but purely communication as well due to the amount of shit you got to deal with. Including look how much processing power digital art takes... It's just not worth having a portable version, but purely traditional art.

As I can find good color pencils for like 20-50 dollars.

Response to Thoughts On Flipaclip? 2021-06-10 16:56:40

good for beginners who dont normally animate, hell, my first ever animation was in flipaclip, but not for professional animation

Flash is cool but I don't know anything else