00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

We need more arcade ports!

241 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

We need more arcade ports! 2021-05-15 16:31:08

That's right, we need more arcade ports. Especially since we're in the midst of a pandemic as of now. And I'm not talking about old obscure games from the 80's and 90's that never got proper console releases, I'm talking about more recent games. Talkin' 'bout World's Largest Pac-Man, Gimmick! EXAct Mix, the Mario Kart Arcade GP series, recent. I'm genuinely baffled how nobody that I know of ported any recent arcade games to console. That needs to change ASAP.

Response to We need more arcade ports! 2021-05-16 08:14:30

We need a port of first three Mortal Kombat games since they haven't been rereleased since Xbox 360 & PS3 (plus those ports have some emulation problems).

I exist

I guess

BBS Signature

Response to We need more arcade ports! 2021-05-27 19:57:06

At 5/15/21 04:31 PM, chilistudios wrote: That's right, we need more arcade ports. Especially since we're in the midst of a pandemic as of now. And I'm not talking about old obscure games from the 80's and 90's that never got proper console releases, I'm talking about more recent games. Talkin' 'bout World's Largest Pac-Man, Gimmick! EXAct Mix, the Mario Kart Arcade GP series, recent. I'm genuinely baffled how nobody that I know of ported any recent arcade games to console. That needs to change ASAP.

I know Sonic the Fighters is a playable arcade game within a game in Lost Judgement (coming out September 24 from the makers of Yakuza) but I'd love them to rerelease the full game and online multiplayer for Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5 and Xbox One like they did for the old school Xbox 360...I wanna kick ass as the blue blur through punches and spindashes goddamnit! Also, Nack the Weasel and Honey the Cat....bring them back, please!!!

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to We need more arcade ports! 2021-05-30 14:14:28

At 5/16/21 08:14 AM, Damianito wrote: We need a port of first three Mortal Kombat games since they haven't been rereleased since Xbox 360 & PS3 (plus those ports have some emulation problems).

Yeah it's sad how NetherRealm Studios is ditching the first three games pretty hard. I guess there's those Arcade1Up cabinets but I'd rather pay about 10 or 15 bucks for a collection with the first four games over that.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to We need more arcade ports! 2021-06-16 13:42:09