00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Gaming Veterans

250 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gaming Veterans 2021-05-07 08:18:55


This club is only to those who have years of experience with video games or any type of game that's digital


-Requirements

You must have 10 years of experience to be a certified Veteran OR 20K hours on steam or any console that you've played.

Must of at least played on Xbox, Playstation, or Pc bonus points if you played on all Or played on anything else like a gamecube or anything that can play a video game from the 80s

Anything lower you'll will be a squire learning the ropes It does not matter what you've played it can be either candycrush or match 3 games if its runs on computer and if its purpose is to play and have fun it counts.

--


--Gaming Ranks--

The longer you've played the higher the rank-

5 years of game time - Squire (get those hours up!)

10 years of game time - Certified Gaming Veteran

15 years of gaming time - Region Leading Veteran

20 years of game time - Old timer

30 years of game time - Wise Gaming Master

30+ years - Gaming Legend.


People with lower ranks might wanna listen to the advice these people give you might learn a thing or two or maybe more.


-The gaming Council

The Gaming Council is a group of at least 5 people who are specially selected from the ranks me being the first and only member at the moment you must have at least 15 years or up of gaming experience to join the council but i won't just select anyone you gotta prove it to me.


And remember always have fun :)


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-10 20:01:45


Yo am I allowed to join? I have 14 years of gaming experience.


@SeleverXd

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-11 01:53:45


At 5/10/21 08:01 PM, SeleverXd wrote: Yo am I allowed to join? I have 14 years of gaming experience.

Oh i forgot your rank is Certified gaming veteran.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-11 01:54:05


At 5/11/21 01:53 AM, Theslayer007 wrote:
At 5/10/21 08:01 PM, SeleverXd wrote: Yo am I allowed to join? I have 14 years of gaming experience.
Oh i forgot your rank is Certified gaming veteran.


Welcome to the club buddy.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-11 08:43:39


Thanks!


@SeleverXd

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-13 08:25:28


At 5/11/21 08:43 AM, SeleverXd wrote: Thanks!


Now get out there and START GAMING!


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-13 08:25:49


At 5/13/21 08:25 AM, Theslayer007 wrote:
At 5/11/21 08:43 AM, SeleverXd wrote: Thanks!
Now get out there and START GAMING!


You gotta rack up those hours!


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-13 12:15:38


Uhhh I think my mum would be a veteran due to years of playing hidding object games and Bejeweled.


BBS Signature

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-13 12:19:14


i played angry birds one time wassup


BBS Signature

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 02:21:42


Anybody is welcomed as long as you have 5+ years of gaming experience or 10K hours in total if you do I will rank you


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 03:28:07


I am a Wise Gaming Master.

Bow to me.

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 03:30:28


At 5/14/21 03:28 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I am a Wise Gaming Master.
Bow to me.


If That is the case then i grant you the title of Wise Gaming Master. Welcome to the club.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 04:59:44


Been gaming since I was four. First game was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I have 26 years of experience. Consoles I have owned and played include Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation, Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 3, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX One, PC, and Arcade Machines. I have played over 300 games.


I have written articles here on Newgrounds about game design and history. I am a Dungeon Master/Game Master. I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the second edition. I have traced the history of tabletop gaming back to its original source.


Satisfactory?

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:04:34 (edited 2021-05-14 05:05:06)


At 5/7/21 08:18 AM, Theslayer007 wrote: You must have 10 years of experience to be a certified Veteran OR 20K hours on steam or any console that you've played.


Jesus, that's a lot of gameplay. I played TF2 day in and day out after school for the better part of 4 years and I somehow only managed to rack up 1000 hours according to steam. I don't know how people get 5K hours, let alone 20K+.


For what it's worth, I first started playing games when I was, what, 4? Roadrash was the first game I remember playing.


I'm not a gamer anymore (too busy these days) but I did have 10 "years" of experience, although my total number of hours played over those years would probably be ~10K at most.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:10:38


Alright so how does this work?

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:10:43


At 5/14/21 05:04 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 5/7/21 08:18 AM, Theslayer007 wrote: You must have 10 years of experience to be a certified Veteran OR 20K hours on steam or any console that you've played.
Jesus, that's a lot of gameplay. I played TF2 day in and day out after school for the better part of 4 years and I somehow only managed to rack up 1000 hours according to steam. I don't know how people get 5K hours, let alone 20K+.

For what it's worth, I first started playing games when I was, what, 4? Roadrash was the first game I remember playing.

I'm not a gamer anymore (too busy these days) but I did have 10 "years" of experience, although my total number of hours played over those years would probably be ~10K at most.


I should probably update the requirements for hours down to at least 1K hours in total as long as you have any form of gaming experience at least 5+ years anyone is always welcomed i wasn't expecting so many people to join the club lmao.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:11:52


At 5/14/21 04:59 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Been gaming since I was four. First game was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I have 26 years of experience. Consoles I have owned and played include Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation, Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 3, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX One, PC, and Arcade Machines. I have played over 300 games.

I have written articles here on Newgrounds about game design and history. I am a Dungeon Master/Game Master. I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the second edition. I have traced the history of tabletop gaming back to its original source.

Satisfactory?


YES DEF! Welcome old timer!


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:13:27 (edited 2021-05-14 05:15:04)


[Update to the requirements]


You must have at least 5+ years of gaming experience or 1K hours to join the club default rank will be squire.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:13:54


At 5/14/21 05:10 AM, Toniestbook wrote: Alright so how does this work?


As long as you have 5+ years or 1K hours play time you're always welcomed here


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:17:24


So how do you confirm the 5+years?

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:21:18 (edited 2021-05-14 05:22:36)


I've been gaming since at least 2001-2002 but maybe a little earlier, I remember my dad picking up a gamecube so we could play luigi's mansion, but I remember playing tigger's honey hunt on n64 and mario paint on snes also around that time. I've got a few thousand hours on steam, but I've sunk so much more time into my Gameboys and DSes and Minecraft, lots of web games like platform racing 2 as well


BBS Signature

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:24:03


At 5/14/21 05:17 AM, Toniestbook wrote: So how do you confirm the 5+years?


I... I.... Don't really have a way to verify if you ACTUALLY have 5+ years of experience for now you just have to say that you DO if you do have 5+ years I grant you the rank of squire and your main job is the rack up more hours in game time whatever you're playing doesn't matter


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:26:17


Huh that seems really simple well I guess I’ve been playing video game for 10 years

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:33:07


Okay forget the hours as long as you have 5+ years of playing you can join but you will be ranked as a squire

anything HIGHER you gotta explain what you've played on over the years


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:35:10


At 5/14/21 05:26 AM, Toniestbook wrote: Huh that seems really simple well I guess I’ve been playing video game for 10 years


Well if that's the case i grant you the rank Certified Gaming Veteran!


Welcome to the club buddy.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:36:30


Noice


Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-14 05:36:55


At 5/14/21 05:21 AM, larrynachos wrote: I've been gaming since at least 2001-2002 but maybe a little earlier, I remember my dad picking up a gamecube so we could play luigi's mansion, but I remember playing tigger's honey hunt on n64 and mario paint on snes also around that time. I've got a few thousand hours on steam, but I've sunk so much more time into my Gameboys and DSes and Minecraft, lots of web games like platform racing 2 as well


Then I welcome you! your granted rank is now Region leading Veteran!


Welcome to the club.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-05-15 11:39:15


[ANNOUNCEMENT]


Hello everyone i might start hosting events soon either it us playing a game together or maybe something else idk at the moment stay tuned and stay ready and always remember start gaming.


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-06-07 09:18:21


At 5/13/21 08:25 AM, Theslayer007 wrote:
At 5/11/21 08:43 AM, SeleverXd wrote: Thanks!
Now get out there and START GAMING!


Will do!



@SeleverXd

Response to Gaming Veterans 2021-06-07 11:16:54


At 6/7/21 09:18 AM, SeleverXd wrote:
At 5/13/21 08:25 AM, Theslayer007 wrote:
At 5/11/21 08:43 AM, SeleverXd wrote: Thanks!
Now get out there and START GAMING!
Will do!


Good!


(Real men use the nano editor for programming)