00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FNF Week 7 Battle

300,481 Views | 180 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:17:02

At 4/20/21 03:13 PM, Snackers wrote:
At 4/20/21 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.

well my gif was too big lol. here it is

https://imgur.com/a/CL5Z7hr

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:18:10

At 4/20/21 03:16 PM, ShadowzSonic wrote:
At 4/20/21 10:43 AM, TrueWolfully wrote: if FNF is THAT popular I may as well play it next time the game is available
You do know that you could play the version of FNF before the update on https://ninja-muffin24.itch.io/funkin, right? You can also download the game if that pleases you :)

yeah but people want to play specificaly week 7

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:19:30

At 4/20/21 03:17 PM, Snackers wrote:
At 4/20/21 03:13 PM, Snackers wrote:
At 4/20/21 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.
well my gif was too big lol. here it is

lovely gif

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:21:40

Hello Tom Fulp i know your working hard just make sure this doesn't happen again

iu_283345_8332028.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:34:17

At 4/20/21 02:52 PM, EpicMario5345 wrote:
At 4/20/21 10:43 AM, TrueWolfully wrote: if FNF is THAT popular I may as well play it next time the game is available
Play on itch.io, just watch out for it's community.

I see.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:35:19

You do know that you could play the version of FNF before the update on https://ninja-muffin24.itch.io/funkin, right? You can also download the game if that pleases you :)

ah, alrighty thanks to you and epicmario who reminded me. :)

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:46:00

At 4/20/21 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: So uh… How’s everyone doing?

As many of you know, Week 7 of Friday Night Funkin’ launched exclusively on NG Sunday night and we weren’t able to handle the millions of people all trying to load it at the same time, in addition to the ddos attacks and other mischief that come with trending on Twitter and being in the spotlight in general. 

Sunday was also the launch of the Friday Night Funkin’ Kickstarter! The Funkin’ crew are raising funds for a full release and it’s gonna be NUTS. These guys have been working around the clock for months to entertain everyone; it’s time to support them on the road ahead.

Unfortunately on our end, we’ve disabled FNF while we work to increase capacity and prepare for another go at Week 7. More and more of that potential traffic is bleeding off to sites that steal games from NG but we still want to build our capacity, so that NG is more capable now and in the future.

If you’ve ever considered becoming a Supporter, this would be a great time! You can pay as little as $3 per month or $25 for the year. At the least we need hundreds of additional supporters asap and it’s ideal if you can stick around as a recurring subscriber.

Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.

Other News

REDDER is now up and running without Flash, thanks to today’s Ruffle update!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529992

Don’t miss the latest edition of The Tank Tribune and check out the Best of March.

Pico Day is May 1st, with over $7k in prizes!

More news soon, hopefully good news!

I cant be a supporter cuz im broke, sad😩

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:48:03

As many of you know, Week 7 of Friday Night Funkin’ launched exclusively on NG Sunday night and we weren’t able to handle the millions of people all trying to load it at the same time, in addition to the ddos attacks and other mischief that come with trending on Twitter and being in the spotlight in general. 

Sunday was also the launch of the Friday Night Funkin’ Kickstarter! The Funkin’ crew are raising funds for a full release and it’s gonna be NUTS. These guys have been working around the clock for months to entertain everyone; it’s time to support them on the road ahead.

Unfortunately on our end, we’ve disabled FNF while we work to increase capacity and prepare for another go at Week 7. More and more of that potential traffic is bleeding off to sites that steal games from NG but we still want to build our capacity, so that NG is more capable now and in the future.

If you’ve ever considered becoming a Supporter, this would be a great time! You can pay as little as $3 per month or $25 for the year. At the least we need hundreds of additional supporters asap and it’s ideal if you can stick around as a recurring subscriber.

Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.

Other News

Don’t miss the latest edition of The Tank Tribune and check out the Best of March.

ok

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 15:51:10

Other News

yay

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:03:58

Make sure to bring back FNF late on friday, to make it The Night Funkin' Friday.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:06:30 (edited 2021-04-20 16:08:03)

Pretty epic visuals playing in my mind right about now! :D Hope people jump in and support now; this really benefits us all. Super powerful server architecture for everything. Huzzah. Looking forward to seeing what kind of performance boosts this might ignite. Site already seems to be running smoother than it's done in some time...

Nice concurrent Ruffle progress too; all good things.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:08:46

At 4/20/21 03:17 PM, Snackers wrote: well my gif was too big lol. here it is

Could almost have been a replacement on that one animation that used to show up every time you blammed something. :D

Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:24:01

Hope that you had luck with putting out all the fires in the server room!

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:36:24

At least the Friday Night Fuckin Kickstarter looks more trustworthy than the last Newgrounds Kickstarter

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 16:45:13

At 4/20/21 03:18 PM, Biscuendo wrote:
yeah but people want to play specificaly week 7

I completely understand that Biscuendo, but he wasn't specific enough to warrant something like that. If you want to read TrueWolfully's comment again, you will see that he says he wants to play FNF, which specifically refers to the whole game. (Sorry if I sound a little mean lol, that's just how I sound when trying to prove smtg)

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:16:29

Do you have plans to be able to handle such events in the future? I feel like newgrounds might be going through a renaissance or at least a mini renaissance. If things keep picking up the site might hit it's limits eventually.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:17:15

At 4/20/21 10:50 AM, Riftderp wrote: It's no rush (at least to me) .3.

Though those DDOS attacks are just
Why-

Damn never knew bout the DDoS, who want to DDoS fnf? But im fully hoping Newgrounds gets past this and BLOWS UP.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:20:54

well shit, good luck.

im astolfo simp

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:21:21 (edited 2021-04-20 17:22:13)

Good luck with the servers, Tom! I never knew about the DDoS attack, I just thought mostly a bunch of loyal fans flooded the site. Kinda pisses me off that someone would DDoS the site, not gonna lie.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:24:11

Well soon can you enable it on may 5 cause thats my birthday and i really want to be able to play it on my birthday also on my account on accident i put my birthday wrongiu_283475_8993943.gif

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:30:59

Good luck with fixing the servers! I know you can do it!

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:36:35

fuck, well good luck on the servers

im astolfo simp

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:38:38 (edited 2021-04-20 17:39:28)

At 4/20/21 05:16 PM, BenjiAlwaysThere wrote: Do you have plans to be able to handle such events in the future? I feel like newgrounds might be going through a renaissance or at least a mini renaissance. If things keep picking up the site might hit it's limits eventually.

The goal will be to put up a solid fight whenever Week 8 or the next web update rolls along.

What's interesting is that FNF's popularity has continued to grow bigger and bigger, while Google has reduced our rank in their search results - from the second result all the way to page three. If Google had kept us in the second slot, traffic would have been steadily increasing all along and we'd already have been more prepared. Or if they had put us in the first slot... It would have been huge for NG.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:39:00

I might just support that kickstarter, I NEED co-op and vs local multiplayer. Oh and new playable characters.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:45:23

At 4/20/21 05:38 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/20/21 05:16 PM, BenjiAlwaysThere wrote: Do you have plans to be able to handle such events in the future? I feel like newgrounds might be going through a renaissance or at least a mini renaissance. If things keep picking up the site might hit it's limits eventually.
The goal will be to put up a solid fight whenever Week 8 or the next web update rolls along.

What's interesting is that FNF's popularity has continued to grow bigger and bigger, while Google has reduced our rank in their search results - from the second result all the way to page three. If Google had kept us in the second slot, traffic would have been steadily increasing all along and we'd already have been more prepared. Or if they had put us in the first slot... It would have been huge for NG.

You can always count on Google to be the biggest wankers around.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 17:57:39

iu_283522_8838286.png

NoobyGotHit AMA! (Only supporters)

The Newgrounds Roblox Noob and creator of the stupid thread, “Is Pico Gay?”.

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 18:00:19

Has this happened to Newgrounds before? (I heard that apparently, Homestuck: Cascade was the first to do this).

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 18:07:04

At 4/20/21 05:08 PM, MatthewMcChan wrote: Cyberdevil, What About Fashion Gacha World Meme?

Not sure that'd work as well as a blam animation!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 18:13:21

As awful as it was that the site couldn't meet demand, I am so glad that (assuming you aren't exaggerating) this site still reaches Millions of people.

Check out my webcomic.... Or don't. I'm not your mom.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 18:26:06

I was thinking in more general terms like, because of Friday Night Funkin more people would join the platform and create stuff, making more amazing games that possibly becoming just as if not even more popular than Friday Night Funkin. If more people realize how good this platform is then we might get to a point where we will grow faster then we can upgrade the servers even if we have the money to do so.

It's more of a theory then a prophecy but I can easily see this start to rival other sites in the future. It's just a matter of when and how fast. The only thing I think slowing expansion is the lack of a good mobile solution or app for newgrounds.

I'm pretty sure about 90% of people view social media on their phone so it's possible that this site might grow the fastest if something like that were to be created.