00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's a very underrated indie game you think deserves more attention?

1,117 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

whether it be on newgrounds or just something you find on a store like steam, what do you feel like no one knows about and you feel like they should

(sorry i'm not very good at explaining things)

frickle

BBS Signature

I was going to say Rain World but the game is already attracting a lot of attention so I would say Kero Blaster

BBS Signature

At 3/27/21 12:54 PM, KoffiDuck wrote: I was going to say Rain World but the game is already attracting a lot of attention so I would say Kero Blaster

i just looked it up and it looks like a cool game, plus the style gives me a few cave story vibes and i like it for that

frickle

BBS Signature

Risk of Rain 2

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

everhood just released this month and people just called it "undertale+guitar hero"

LISA has a following but it's way smaller than it ought to be.

At 3/30/21 09:54 PM, Skoops wrote: LISA has a following but it's way smaller than it ought to be.

the soundtrack kick rocks!

There's a few that come to mind. Cave story, Kero Blaster, Lisa the Painful, & Night in the Woods.

:^)

BBS Signature

: i just looked it up and it looks like a cool game, plus the style gives me a few cave story vibes and i like it for that

That's cause it was made by the guy who made Cave Story lol.

Pizza Tower , i know that the game is still in development but from what i played i gotta say that it's one of the best games i've ever played

Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger!

BBS Signature

At 3/27/21 12:54 PM, KoffiDuck wrote: I was going to say Rain World but the game is already attracting a lot of attention so I would say Kero Blaster

yume nikki?

There's a horror game on PC called "World of Horror" which is an EXCELLENT game that I never see get talked about. It's a roguelike rpg choose your own adventure game with heavy Junji Ito inspirations.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

I will never not talk about Battle of the Youstrass. It's one of my favourite JRPGs (beaten only by Final Fantasy 9) and it's my favourite sRPG. It was and probably forever will be criminally underrated, not least because it came out 20 years ago. But it's still worth talking about. I have never seen any battle animations like it in any other tactical games. The most other games have is a short animation of the character attacking, not a full-on cinematic experience like the one in this game.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

"No Straight Roads".

it's an action adventure created by Wan Hazmer. I think wan has created other games like final fantasy type-0 and XV.

Also the ost is a total banger btw. :D

"fnf soft mod is just what if ninjamuffin was raised by tumblr - Roza 18/8/2021"

BBS Signature

Strike Force Kitty 2 and Car Eat Car 2

P.S. do flash games count?

I`ll just have this text that distracts everybody here because others treat people without this text as if they are 7 year old kids that turned on pc and do random crap

Pretty much anything by Thunder Lotus Games is pretty solid. Sundered is prob one of my favs overall, I see the number one reason people pass it up is that Hollow Knight and Dead Cells appealed to them more.

At 3/30/21 10:59 PM, zebragamer880 wrote: Pizza Tower , i know that the game is still in development but from what i played i gotta say that it's one of the best games i've ever played

i heard of that one before and it looks pretty fun

frickle

BBS Signature

At 3/31/21 04:29 AM, Yandereikasuchan39 wrote: "No Straight Roads".
it's an action adventure created by Wan Hazmer. I think wan has created other games like final fantasy type-0 and XV.
Also the ost is a total banger btw. :D

that game looks very good wow

frickle

BBS Signature

At 3/31/21 06:03 AM, T1000yt wrote: Strike Force Kitty 2 and Car Eat Car 2
P.S. do flash games count?

yes flash games count

frickle

BBS Signature

Not sure if its that underrated. But Dust an Elysian Tail is pretty good. Its also on sale on GOG website

the Hylics series is pretty dope. i wish they changed the text font they used for dialogue and battle ui.

Also Don't Starve is really cool too

The Fancy Pants Adventures isn't as popular as it used to be.

At 3/31/21 11:25 PM, RubixDude10 wrote: The Fancy Pants Adventures isn't as popular as it used to be.

i love those games and i agree i think it deserves more attention

frickle

BBS Signature

so, remember Hat in Time, well, Gears for Breakfast actually partnered with Frog Vibes in helping them make a game called Here Comes Niko!. it seems like a pretty cute game with pretty cool mechanics, the game has still not launched tho, so it might gain a larger audience when it does come out

Have you played Moraff's World?

At 4/4/21 04:09 AM, DamnWei wrote: Have you played Moraff's World?

no i havent

frickle

BBS Signature

At 3/27/21 12:59 AM, gizaGearboy wrote: whether it be on newgrounds or just something you find on a store like steam, what do you feel like no one knows about and you feel like they should

Hateful Boyfriend! Date the birds, stay for the murder mystery!

At 3/27/21 12:59 AM, gizaGearboy wrote: whether it be on newgrounds or just something you find on a store like steam, what do you feel like no one knows about and you feel like they should

joe danger and squids

D

BBS Signature

I guess I'll cast my vote on Zorbus

not sure if that's underrated, but a rogue-like that doesn't require me to eat deserves more attention.

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Definitely Lisa the Painful. That game ruined me the way no other game will ever emotionally torment me. It was definitely one of my greatest and worst experiences.

I would also add Death Road to Canada tho I can kinda see why it's not that popular coz it's more of a party game with friends not for a single player.

Dungeon of the Endless is also one of the most fun I had with a pixel strategy RPG but then again it's better with more players and the player base of that game is kinda dead but hey, 2 is around the corner.

If you like final fantasy but you're also broke as fuck I highly suggest Epic Battle Fantasy 3-4-5. it's turn-based and a tad grindy but not that much so it becomes annoying. it's a neat little difficult fun fantasy RPG.

Katana Zero is a great game that barely gets mentioned even tho it's a very great action game that is basically Hotline Miami but 2D and maybe a little more drugged up.

BBS Signature