00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Take a Look and Critique Please!!!

108 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is there anything I can do to improve this piece and what are the good parts of it?

iu_245307_8603098.jpg

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-22 22:49:47

At 2/21/21 06:51 AM, flammalux wrote: Is there anything I can do to improve this piece and what are the good parts of itU got some work to do like anatomy and stuff but lookin good keep at it

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 10:16:12

At 2/21/21 06:51 AM, flammalux wrote: Is there anything I can do to improve this piece and what are the good parts of it?

I like your style! And you are drawing great!

But I don't know what is happening in this picture. I don't know what those grey pointy things are for example: are those accesoires? are they under attack?

Besides that, the picture looks great! :)

At 2/23/21 10:16 AM, TheDrawingBunny wrote:
At 2/21/21 06:51 AM, flammalux wrote: Is there anything I can do to improve this piece and what are the good parts of it?
But I don't know what is happening in this picture. I don't know what those grey pointy things are for example: are those accesoires? are they under attack?

The picture is pretty much inspired from KDA's Akali and Evelynn! Carlyle's outfit ( left) is inspired by Akali, and Luxuria ( right ) is inspired by Evelynn, who is known to have lashers, which is what you saw in the picture.

Sorry for not clarifying! 😁 /lh

Also, thank you for critiquing!

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 10:43:18

At 2/22/21 10:49 PM, TacticalDuck wrote:
At 2/21/21 06:51 AM, flammalux wrote: Is there anything I can do to improve this piece and what are the good parts of itU got some work to do like anatomy and stuff but lookin good keep at it

Thank you for the critique! I do have some troubles in anatomy, but I'll definitely study them!

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 10:45:00

What can I do to improve my artwork?

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 12:21:51

At 2/23/21 10:45 AM, flammalux wrote:

Get better at actually drawing form. Without proper understanding of form and perspective studying anatomy or most anything else won't lead to much.

Basically just read "The Natural Way to Draw" By Kimon Nicolaides. And actually read it because if you just look at the images you'll just be confused. It is basically a guide book on how to turn yourself into a draftsman of a professional level, full of exercises that will improve your drawing.

Also your signature is unreadable, if you're going to put your name/link on something it should be readable.

Other than that you need to draw a lot more, if improvement is your goal, then making full illustrations isn't going to help you much. You need to sketch, find mistakes in the sketch then try to fix said mistakes, repeat. To quote Kimon Nicolaides himself "The faster you make your first 10,000 mistakes the faster you will be able to correct them".

Also look up construction(art), it's a method of drawing the uses simpler shapes and forms to build up more complicated objects, again it requires knowledge of form and perspective and even a little bit of "rhythm".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 12:27:46

At 2/23/21 12:21 PM, A-lieN wrote:

Get better at actually drawing form. Without proper understanding of form and perspective studying anatomy or most anything else won't lead to much.

Basically just read "The Natural Way to Draw" By Kimon Nicolaides. And actually read it because if you just look at the images you'll just be confused. It is basically a guide book on how to turn yourself into a draftsman of a professional level, full of exercises that will improve your drawing.

Also your signature is unreadable, if you're going to put your name/link on something it should be readable.

Other than that you need to draw a lot more, if improvement is your goal, then making full illustrations isn't going to help you much. You need to sketch, find mistakes in the sketch then try to fix said mistakes, repeat. To quote Kimon Nicolaides himself "The faster you make your first 10,000 mistakes the faster you will be able to correct them".

Also look up construction(art), it's a method of drawing the uses simpler shapes and forms to build up more complicated objects, again it requires knowledge of form and perspective and even a little bit of "rhythm".

Thank you so much! I'll keep them in mind. I actually have an anatomy book but I haven't it yet.

Response to Take a Look and Critique Please!!! 2021-02-23 12:29:51

At 2/23/21 12:27 PM, flammalux wrote:
At 2/23/21 12:21 PM, A-lieN wrote:

Thank you so much! I'll keep them in mind. I actually have an anatomy book but I haven't it yet.

Make them more naked.

Click sig for smexy times. Must be over 18. NSFW!

BBS Signature