00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam!

213,391 Views | 774 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-03 05:20:09

Damn I wanna enter, but I got no resources (& no money, my folks ain’t lending me any) so I wanna try to collaborate with people who know how to animate, do music etc. I will be the director, storyboard artist, writer, character designer (since I’m going with OC’s for uniqueness) and screenwriter. I’m going to go with an original score (with one or two songs written by me despite not knowing how to put my songs on two paper but I’m willing to try an sink my feet in a little with that.) I’m not the greatest artist in the world (I’m f*****g 18 & still can’t afford art classes) but I’m confident in myself to do so. (Shit I’m worried about this) If you wanna try and collaborate with me then send me a reply or private message on my profile here on new grounds.

Here is one of my characters/designs that will be in the entry. I have plenty more where that came from. #FNF Jam.

-Toofast101.

All characters that I design are owned by me. (copyright/J.A.T 2021).

Here goes nothing. (He’s inspired by phantom arcades design of pico & just pico in general.)

iu_251351_8716953.jpg

SHIT I DIDN’T MEAN TO POST THAT!!!! The FNF rule post not the one of me trying to collaborate.

At 3/3/21 05:48 AM, TooFast101 wrote: SHIT I DIDN’T MEAN TO POST THAT!!!! The FNF rule post not the one of me trying to collaborate.

Wat u talkin about

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-03 19:30:29

The one Where I Posted the hole contest rules on accident. >-D >D

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-04 08:37:24

damn. ill suck at this.

sup

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-04 09:06:33

All of us one big big family and we are coming play we play the same game we come here for Anastasia we even play this we even do this every day oh yeah antibiotic school so you ain't going to do nothing oh yeah I'm not in school you can't do nothing about it haha

Terrell Reavis

iu_252089_8182157.pngSneak Peak

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-04 19:44:32

Hey, ninja muffin's twitter says the deadline is March 10th, but this says the deadline is March 14th. Which is it? Pls be the 14th

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-04 19:52:54

I hope it’s the 14th 😳 😓

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-04 22:11:29

At 3/4/21 07:44 PM, Zedernt wrote: Hey, ninja muffin's twitter says the deadline is March 10th, but this says the deadline is March 14th. Which is it? Pls be the 14th

If it's not the 14th I'm screwed lol

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 08:47:11

At 3/4/21 07:44 PM, Zedernt wrote: Hey, ninja muffin's twitter says the deadline is March 10th, but this says the deadline is March 14th. Which is it? Pls be the 14th

It's the 14th! We added an extra weekend.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 11:48:56

iu_252609_8182157.jpgUpdate

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 13:01:11

At 2/19/21 07:55 PM, SplatterDash wrote:
On a more serious note though, I'd be down to help with some music if anyone needs it for the jam and I'm hyped to see what people make for it :D

lol i love the image

#BRINGBACKYTPMVS

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 08:05 PM, TheBowz wrote: I can't draw

try practising drawing, then you will get the hang of it.

and dont forget, practise makes perfect! :D

#BRINGBACKYTPMVS

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 13:05:04

At 3/1/21 08:33 PM, Kuribo64 wrote: Can't wait to see what other creators have in store.

nice forum signature

#BRINGBACKYTPMVS

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 15:01:03

Another very small snippet of senpai. I really want to get this animation done as soon as possible so everyone can see it.

iu_252684_4843599.png

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 15:12:55

At 3/5/21 08:47 AM, TomFulp wrote:
It's the 14th! We added an extra weekend.

Ay thanks

Nice website btw

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-05 21:46:10

finnaly, a good reason to use adobe flash. lets work!

naccy is not responible for any lives lo- SHUT UP!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-06 19:38:18

At 2/19/21 07:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG.

To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team (@ninjamuffin99, @PhantomArcade, @KawaiSprite, @evilsk8r) and over $1.4k from the community!

To participate, create an original animation in the world of Friday Night Funkin’. 

Rules:

You can include OC’s; there are popular mods out there and it could be cool to see those represented in some way. Other third party characters are ok but keep the focus on it being an FNF movie.

It can’t be an animation you made previously, it needs to be made for the jam and include a Newgrounds.com watermark. Don’t have one? PhantomArcade has you covered!

The watermark can be temporary but ideally placed in a way that isn't easily cropped / edited out when people steal your video on other platforms, which will happen.

Your entry should be uploaded to Newgrounds before Youtube or anywhere else.

“Newgrounds is and always will be the home of Friday Night Funkin, so the cartoon goes here first. Feel free to post it anywhere else even minutes later, but NG first baby. Friday Night Funkin is a Newgrounds game after all.” - Funkin’ Team

Please don’t use meme audio or unlicensed commercial music; any dialog should be an original recording and any music should come from a royalty-free source or the FNF soundtrack itself. 

There are no length requirements. Something too short might lack substance, something too long might become boring. Check out the Pet Jam entries for some good examples.

You’re welcome and encouraged to work in teams! If you’d like to join a team, make your interest known in this thread.

Include the FunkinJam tag on NG and #FunkinJamNG when posting on social (wips too!).

“If you break any of these rules, we’ll rip every inch of skin off your body, so thanks for playing nice!” -Funkin’ Crew

Deadline: 

March 14th, sundown.

Drippy Prizes:

1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,300
3rd - $770
4th - $550
5th - $350
6th - $220
7th - $200
8th - $200
9th - $200
10th - $200

If you’re an FNF fan and would like to see the prize numbers go up, or expanded to even more tiers, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me with the heads up you contributed towards the Jam!

Thank you everyone who has sponsored so far!

@hentaiwriter - $1000 - Added tiers 6-10!
@AnonymousAlchemist - $100
@wetzelpretzel - $100
@preskoo - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@SevenSaysNoToDrugs - $25
@tilen - $20
@Figburn - $20
@taikomantis - $20
@eluisive-dragon - $15
@Ennuikal - $10
@saligraphy - $10
@fettersundone - $10
@Shymyir - $10

Entries will be judged and winners decided by the Funkin' Team.

Other News

We announced an NG Player update and various site updates yesterday.

Pixel Day Winners were announced Saturday and before that was the Best of January.

Does watermark needs to be visible throughout the whole animation, or can it appear for just a few seconds?

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-06 22:12:05

i want a team, but all i need is someone to make the audio bc i'll be obviously the BEST at drawing the stuff and not do terrible lololol!!!!111

wyzo

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-06 22:13:55

YESYESYES PLEASE HELP ME I NEED AUDIO OR MUSIC ANYTHING PLEASE OH MY GOD MY ADHD IS GOING INSANE RN

wyzo

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 09:18:46

At 3/6/21 07:38 PM, Sprin4el wrote: Does watermark needs to be visible throughout the whole animation, or can it appear for just a few seconds?

It doesn't have to be throughout the whole animation but the ideal use will make it hard for people to edit out when they inevitably steal the video on other platforms. The Funkin' team wants everyone to know where to go when these movies end up getting millions of views on Tik Tok / Youtube / etc.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 12:23:26

I have finished my animation and it is under judgement! will it be found and added to the playlist? or is there something I need to do?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 21:26:18

Is anyone worried they won’t finished in time? I’ve been working day in day out by myself (one woman team) and I almost finished colouring/lining all the directional poses and idle animations but I still have a lot to do like background art and inputing/syncing the animations (I also need to like make little ‘repeated direction’ animations. Anyone else stressed/feeling burnt out?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 21:44:46

At 3/7/21 09:26 PM, SleepingStar wrote: Is anyone worried they won’t finished in time? I’ve been working day in day out by myself (one woman team) and I almost finished colouring/lining all the directional poses and idle animations but I still have a lot to do like background art and inputing/syncing the animations (I also need to like make little ‘repeated direction’ animations. Anyone else stressed/feeling burnt out?

SAME

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 22:29:51

yesss, I barely have free time outside of college and work so doing this on top of those things is really difficult. Like it's slowly getting done but it's not at all the quality I wish it were (also doing it on my own)

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-07 22:44:29

At 3/7/21 09:26 PM, SleepingStar wrote: Is anyone worried they won’t finished in time? I’ve been working day in day out by myself (one woman team) and I almost finished colouring/lining all the directional poses and idle animations but I still have a lot to do like background art and inputing/syncing the animations (I also need to like make little ‘repeated direction’ animations. Anyone else stressed/feeling burnt out?

Whenever I get exhausted I look at the submitted entries for a bit till I'm motivated to continue.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-08 01:58:06

I can 100% relate, I'm also a 1-woman team

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-08 02:04:19

yes, i feel the same way. i'm still pretty early on into my animation and i'm really bummed that i'm having to sacrifice a lot of my initial ideas and simplifying them. but whatever happens and however they turn out, let's still try to publish them!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-08 18:34:49

At 3/5/21 03:01 PM, gatekid3 wrote: Another very small snippet of senpai. I really want to get this animation done as soon as possible so everyone can see it.

Oh you're in this? There's goes 1st place. Lol jk hoping to get top 3.

Let's go

BBS Signature