00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead

221 Views | 25 Replies

Its better

• No ads (if you dont want to be reminded by hipsters too)
  • You can listen to artists, and if you like it you get options to buy it either digital, CDs or whatever they offer

Basically the best digital music experience that exists in my view.

Some bands like Cradle of Filth have an account there.

https://bandcamp.com/

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:19:03

One time at Bandcamp...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:19:44

What about the Hello Kitty Music Party app? That's also an alternative.

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 06:19 PM, VampireKisses17 wrote: What about the Hello Kitty Music Party app? That's also an alternative.

Dont be silly now

Although i found it out due to this artist, how did i come to know it?. Secret :D

https://mittsies.bandcamp.com/

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:21:56

or just use youtube premium.

At 2/19/21 06:19 PM, VampireKisses17 wrote: What about the Hello Kitty Music Party app? That's also an alternative.

lolwut

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:24:40

At 2/19/21 06:21 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: or just use youtube premium.

lolwut

Google has enough money already. But not tried it. But i just like the design and how Bandcamp works. Its a genius design to it. Aslong as nobody screws it up as it is now. Then i feel this is ideal for music artist in the future

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:25:00

Bandcamp is cool, it's nice to directly support the artists. Idk if Spotify lets you buy albums or not, I've never used it properly

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:26:43

At 2/19/21 06:24 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote:

lolwut
Google has enough money already. But not tried it. But i just like the design and how Bandcamp works. Its a genius design to it. Aslong as nobody screws it up as it is now. Then i feel this is ideal for music artist in the future

i dont wanna support bandcamp

they banned certain music tags due to controversies and they remove band pages without warning for no reason

at least youtube doesnt ban goregrind, solely for being goregrind

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 06:25 PM, GallowJolt wrote: Bandcamp is cool, it's nice to directly support the artists. Idk if Spotify lets you buy albums or not, I've never used it properly

I never buy from Spotify. Spotify to me is like Netflix. I only use it if i dont have a choice (aka streaming). In general having a place where i feel i can directly support someone without getting recommended hipster dumping ads. Yeah i have more preferance on buying digital MP3 or music from them from there. Outside that i also buy CDs on local website that sells it too

Movies or Music that i get on DVD or CD i tend to rip on PC and store it on external harddrive. But Bandcamp is solid so far

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:30:55

At 2/19/21 06:27 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote:
At 2/19/21 06:25 PM, GallowJolt wrote: Bandcamp is cool, it's nice to directly support the artists. Idk if Spotify lets you buy albums or not, I've never used it properly
I never buy from Spotify. Spotify to me is like Netflix. I only use it if i dont have a choice (aka streaming). In general having a place where i feel i can directly support someone without getting recommended hipster dumping ads. Yeah i have more preferance on buying digital MP3 or music from them from there. Outside that i also buy CDs on local website that sells it too

Movies or Music that i get on DVD or CD i tend to rip on PC and store it on external harddrive. But Bandcamp is solid so far

If I'm using a phone I'll just make do with what I've got on Bandcamp most of the time, or throw on a podcast on youtube. If I'm on desktop I just use last.fm and a scrobbler add on that tracks listens through Youtube, Bandcamp and other places. I'd check out Lastfm if you want a free (and arguably better) version of Spotify

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:36:34

At 2/19/21 06:30 PM, GallowJolt wrote:
At 2/19/21 06:27 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote:

If I'm using a phone I'll just make do with what I've got on Bandcamp most of the time, or throw on a podcast on youtube. If I'm on desktop I just use last.fm and a scrobbler add on that tracks listens through Youtube, Bandcamp and other places. I'd check out Lastfm if you want a free (and arguably better) version of Spotify

I tried and Last FM sucks. It seems to play Youtube videos, not actual tracks

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:39:49

At 2/19/21 06:36 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote: I tried and Last FM sucks. It seems to play Youtube videos, not actual tracks

I mean it does both, but by tracks I'm assuming you just mean an audio format. I don't see much of an issue with that if you're on desktop though, and like I said, you can track bandcamp with it too if you're using an extension.

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:41:29

bandcamp all the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 18:42:32

At 2/19/21 06:39 PM, GallowJolt wrote:
At 2/19/21 06:36 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote: I tried and Last FM sucks. It seems to play Youtube videos, not actual tracks
I mean it does both, but by tracks I'm assuming you just mean an audio format. I don't see much of an issue with that if you're on desktop though, and like I said, you can track bandcamp with it too if you're using an extension.

Point is when i click a track it plays it. Thats why the site is great. Its well organized, it attracts genres of music and creativity. LastFM i tried a little bit now.. and i did not get music i wanted, it just popped up a youtube vid of michael jackson live. And thats it.

Bandcamp also allows you to customize your profile to look certain way to people who search up the artist on there. So when i click a track, it plays that track. Its basically Spotify if it was good

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 19:13:14

At 2/19/21 06:42 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote: Point is when i click a track it plays it. Thats why the site is great. Its well organized, it attracts genres of music and creativity. LastFM i tried a little bit now.. and i did not get music i wanted, it just popped up a youtube vid of michael jackson live. And thats it.

Bandcamp also allows you to customize your profile to look certain way to people who search up the artist on there. So when i click a track, it plays that track. Its basically Spotify if it was good

Ah yeah that's fair, I've had to replace videos on lastfm sometimes just because people would upload their own poorly done covers of songs, and for some reason the website always refused to play songs from Blue Oyster Cult until I got the scrobbler add-on.

Overall it hasn't been too bad for me though, it's just nice to have a little thing that tracks your listens and helps you discover new music. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Bandcamp is nice because it lets artists sell physical stuff too which I'm sure is handy

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 19:13:22

At 2/19/21 06:26 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote:

lolwut
i dont wanna support bandcamp
they banned certain music tags due to controversies and they remove band pages without warning for no reason
at least youtube doesnt ban goregrind, solely for being goregrind

So lets say Anal Cunt wanted to put music there? Would that not be allowed : I

Gonna check

https://analcunt.bandcamp.com/

Well... it is there so? I mean the most offensive titles isnt there. Like this beauty. But it does exist

At 2/19/21 07:13 PM, GallowJolt wrote:
At 2/19/21 06:42 PM, FrodoDwaggins23 wrote: Point is when i click a track it plays it. Thats why the site is great. Its well organized, it attracts genres of music and creativity. LastFM i tried a little bit now.. and i did not get music i wanted, it just popped up a youtube vid of michael jackson live. And thats it.

Ah yeah that's fair, I've had to replace videos on lastfm sometimes just because people would upload their own poorly done covers of songs, and for some reason the website always refused to play songs from Blue Oyster Cult until I got the scrobbler add-on.

Overall it hasn't been too bad for me though, it's just nice to have a little thing that tracks your listens and helps you discover new music. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Bandcamp is nice because it lets artists sell physical stuff too which I'm sure is handy

Although Bandcamp can have people with cover stuff too. So i try to make sure its official usually :P

But yeah. Cover stuff is not my cup of tea.

Or i looked up terms of service about cover songs. Seems you need permission. Still though, i never buy cover songs :P

"""

1. "What can I upload? Are covers OK? You must own or control all rights to everything you upload. That means covers are out, unless you have a written license or authorization from the artist to upload the cover to Bandcamp and grant us the rights in the terms below. Do not upload cover songs unless you have obtained all permissions and authorizations in writing! These requirements apply regardless of whether you're selling the music or giving it away. The full details are here.

.."

https://bandcamp.com/terms_of_use

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 19:48:44

lolwut

Why not use both? As a listener. Nut especially as artist, unless you have signed a profitable exclusivity deal your are not doing yourself any favors by putting your eggs in one basket. Bandcamp doesn't have good music suggestion algorithms (iirc if at all) that Spotify does, nor the breadth. Spotify is cheap, and the ads are sparse nor are particularly abrasive. (It also brings back nostalgia from the radio experience and not having full control of what you listen to next). Spotify is better for overall discovery, Bandcamp is better for supporting artists.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 20:35:38

At 2/19/21 06:19 PM, Painbringer wrote: One time at Bandcamp...

Apparently my friend's band teacher made this reference to them. My friend was maybe in middle school at the time. Kinda seems... inappropriate at best.

Also Spotify doesn't have ads if you know what you're doing, even on mobile. Don't have to pay a cent.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-19 21:43:12

What about our Audio Portal?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 07:29:24

I already do.

At 2/19/21 06:26 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: at least youtube doesnt ban goregrind, solely for being goregrind

The world doesn't need goregrind.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 07:34:38

Here's a good Bandcamp artist to follow ;)

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 08:21:45

Bandcamp doesn't have a 100th of the music that I listen to. How about just make sure adblock is turned on. If you're using the apps, uninstall the official Youtube app and get Youtube Vanced instead. If you're using the PC apps, grow the hell up, uninstall that crud, and use the browser instead.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 08:34:57

i'm still waiting for myspace and mp3 dot com to be kool again.

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 08:46:34

At 2/20/21 08:21 AM, Chdonga wrote: Bandcamp doesn't have a 100th of the music that I listen to. How about just make sure adblock is turned on. If you're using the apps, uninstall the official Youtube app and get Youtube Vanced instead. If you're using the PC apps, grow the hell up, uninstall that crud, and use the browser instead.

Here is my list of bands that are more known that isnt on Bandcamp.(Except one here)

I bought it from local CD shop online store. Problem solved. I use winamp to play all these music!

iu_244736_8510442.png

Response to Stop using Spotify, use Bandcamp instead 2021-02-20 09:46:53

At 2/19/21 06:19 PM, Painbringer wrote: One time at Bandcamp...

iu_244745_1809211.jpg

BBS Signature