00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Struggling with a relapse

1,735 Views | 79 Replies

Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:05:03

Not drugs

Or alcohol

I can't really explain what it is.....

But mid March will be one year for me since I've done something and I'm SUPER proud of myself.

I've been fighting this hard since last March.

Tonight it's such a heavy burden pulling on me.

I can't figure out why tonight.

I was doing so well.

Maybe I just pushed it all back deep inside of me and ignored it and I haven't actually solved the problem so it's still there.

I'm struggling. I hate it.

Anyone else out there trying to avoid a relapse?

Any relapse

Food, alcohol, drugs, gambling, whatever

If I can make it to mid March and make my one year without doing this thing, I'm celebrating big time.

So I have to make it.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:15:00

At 2/18/21 08:11 PM, Mist wrote: you're being quite vague

Not intentionally, it's just a super long story. ☹

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:15:32

You got this, and we're all here for you if you need us.

If ever I have an impulse that was a negative impact in my life, I just try to remember what hell it was and how it felt.

You've almost made it a year, so you're learned from your mistakes and bettered yourself. Sure you want it badly in this moment, but you've gone long enough to prove to yourself that it doesn't have a real hold on you anymore, and that you're better off without.

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:21:43

“Pills are for old people” as Chad I. Ginsburg once said

hello

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:25:41

At 2/18/21 08:17 PM, Zymbot wrote: Every hangover I'm like "I need to quit drinking".

It never sticks.

I had a bad alcohol problem like 2 years ago but I've done a lot better with that. I had maybe wine or beer a handful of times in 2020 but never regularly.

Are you trying to quit though? A hangover a few times a year isn't a big deal, but I understand for some people you're either an alcoholic or straight up sober. There's no in the middle.

At 2/18/21 08:15 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: You got this, and we're all here for you if you need us.

🙂

If ever I have an impulse that was a negative impact in my life, I just try to remember what hell it was and how it felt.

That's what I'm trying too.

You've almost made it a year, so you're learned from your mistakes and bettered yourself. Sure you want it badly in this moment, but you've gone long enough to prove to yourself that it doesn't have a real hold on you anymore, and that you're better off without.

🙂

At 2/18/21 08:21 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: “Pills are for old people” as Chad I. Ginsburg once said

Maybe I need a few 😆

BBS Signature

World of Warcraft isn't the same as what it used to be. It's okay. You don't have to go back, Seven. There's nothing waiting for you in Azeroth. You can do this!

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:31:16

i never want to gamble again

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 20:32:17

At 2/18/21 08:25 PM, Egeus wrote: World of Warcraft isn't the same as what it used to be. It's okay. You don't have to go back, Seven. There's nothing waiting for you in Azeroth. You can do this!

I literally laughed out loud. Thank you

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 21:02:43

radical

Human

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 21:10:32

I know it's hard not bitch slapping folks but stay strong.

Grab a catfish and hit away though. Keep those hands clean.

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 22:00:54

I heard you have to just make avoiding what you're mentioning part of your lifestyle and to focus on what you'll be when you can successfully do that.

check out my sick game

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 23:02:35

I dont know about addiction. But I had one hell of a weight problem (300+). Well I still do, but it's way more managed and every pound burnt off stayed off.

I managed it by slowly but surely making lifestyle choices that Improve my diet. And if I messed Up I acknowledge my mistakes But I wouldn't beat my self up.

I'm now 68 pounds less than when started.

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-18 23:24:12

No big deal, it's ok to admit one has a television addiction. As anyone who spent some time channel-surfing would tell you, a lot of the time there's not much that would catch your interest so you won't be missing much if you skipped a year or so of it. Reruns and DVDs were made for a reason after all.

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 07:40:11

At 2/18/21 08:05 PM, SevenSaysNoToDrugs wrote: Anyone else out there trying to avoid a relapse?

Any relapse

Food, alcohol, drugs, gambling, whatever

Can't relapse if you never quit.

At 2/19/21 01:44 AM, EternalJudge wrote: Quitting drugs is comparatively quite easy.
Quitting depression can be achieved through drugs.

So what is a depressed alcoholic like me to do?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 07:52:32

At 2/18/21 11:02 PM, SuperiorGhostgamer wrote: I dont know about addiction. But I had one hell of a weight problem (300+). Well I still do, but it's way more managed and every pound burnt off stayed off.

I managed it by slowly but surely making lifestyle choices that Improve my diet. And if I messed Up I acknowledge my mistakes But I wouldn't beat my self up.

I'm now 68 pounds less than when started.

That's amazing! Super proud of you!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 07:56:24

"Never lie to me

The father of lies

Never deny your deeper desires

To all those true to me

Their instinct and mind

I grant

The Virtues of the Beast"

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 08:01:34

Teehehee, this thread gets a whole new meaning if you read prolapse instead of relapse and don't pay too much attention to what you're looking at.

iu_244072_2594597.gif

Sorry

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 08:38:40

At 2/19/21 08:01 AM, Gremlin wrote: Teehehee, this thread gets a whole new meaning if you read prolapse instead of relapse and don't pay too much attention to what you're looking at.

Sorry

That's true!

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 08:01 AM, Gremlin wrote: Sorry

you should be

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 09:39:01

At 2/19/21 08:01 AM, Gremlin wrote: Teehehee, this thread gets a whole new meaning if you read prolapse instead of relapse and don't pay too much attention to what you're looking at.

Sorry

I'm having half a mind of mousing you.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 10:13:13

At 2/19/21 09:39 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

Sorry
I'm having half a mind of mousing you.

Mouse away, the world is already mine.

iu_244135_2594597.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 10:19:08

Come back to the dark side.

We miss you.

iu_244136_1809211.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 10:58:20

At 2/18/21 08:15 PM, SevenSaysNoToDrugs wrote:
At 2/18/21 08:11 PM, Mist wrote: you're being quite vague
Not intentionally, it's just a super long story. ☹

• gets salt and vinegar chips, orange smirnoff and apple juice.

I'm all set, let's hear it.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 12:02:24

At 2/18/21 08:05 PM, SevenSaysNoToDrugs wrote: So I have to make it.

You can do it. I believe in you!

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 12:13:29

I slip into these phases where i masturbate like 6x in one day for a week straight...

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 12:57:53

At 2/19/21 10:19 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Come back to the dark side.

We miss you.

Fuck God. Hail Odin!

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-19 12:59:34

At 2/19/21 12:13 PM, Raab wrote: I slip into these phases where i masturbate like 6x in one day for a week straight...

But are you trying to quit? If that's not affecting your daily life or job or whatever then it's not a big deal.

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-20 01:04:57

On the 3rd of February I had a major relapse with my depression and I was convinced that I was going to end my life. Reluctantly I sought out help and went to the hospital for some time...

Seeing folks supporting other people in this thread kinda makes me smile,

What ever it is that any of you guys are going through, stay strong and seek help.

Xenological Bioroid

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-20 09:25:43

At 2/20/21 01:04 AM, Xaloid wrote: On the 3rd of February I had a major relapse with my depression and I was convinced that I was going to end my life. Reluctantly I sought out help and went to the hospital for some time...

Seeing folks supporting other people in this thread kinda makes me smile,

What ever it is that any of you guys are going through, stay strong and seek help.

I'm glad you got help and I'm glad you're still with us.

Thanks for speaking up about your mental health. More people need to!

BBS Signature

Response to Struggling with a relapse 2021-02-20 14:21:26

At 2/20/21 01:04 AM, Xaloid wrote: On the 3rd of February I had a major relapse with my depression and I was convinced that I was going to end my life. Reluctantly I sought out help and went to the hospital for some time...

So, you live because someone else told you to live.

Doesn't sound like freedom to me.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature