00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time

270 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

1. Since I Left You - Avalanches
  2. Happy Bivouac - The Pillows
  3. Cosmogramma - Flying Lotus

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 13:23:50

meganeko - boy irl girl url

aw hell yeah

in no particular order, just these 3 atm:

hs - drifter (moved to the top because it's literally #1)

akira yamaoka - silent hill 4

futa - k f

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 13:44:34

• Dungeon Master Of Ceremonies - MC Chris
  • Charge!! - The Aquabats!
  • Wheatus - Wheatus
  • The Ultimate Party Collection Vol. 1 - Sick Animation
  • Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy - Mindless Self Indulgence
  • The Anarchy Reigns soundtrack
  • That Handsome Devil - That Handsome Devil
  • Myths, Legends And Other Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 - The Aquabats!
  • I Get Wet - Andrew W.K
  • Strawberries and Cream - Ninja Sex Party

These aren't in order, btw

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 13:50:32

godspeed you! black emperor - F# A# ∞

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

TOOL - Ænima

godspeed you! black emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven!

TOOL - Lateralus

Don't mind me I'm just here because I'm not a productive member of society

#1. Adimus I - Unknown (Personal favorite song is Earthlings Attention!; reminds me very well of an 80's anime OP)

#2. Remembrance - J.S. Epperson (You would have to buy it to listen to the whole album or get it for free by using multiple search engines to find it because it's kinda obscure)

#3. Bittersweetheartbreaker - Verity Larsen (Very underrated artist to listen)

my vids go here.

BBS Signature

Fallen - Evanescence

Demon Days - Gorillaz

[12:00] - LOONA

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance

Cry Baby - Melanie Martinez

Live, Laugh, Love. #WAP

*Jojo Reference Here*

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 14:57:03

Great to see a fellow Avalanches enthusiast. My runner up is Danger Doom by MF DOOM and Danger Mouse.

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 15:09:25

iu_243705_4374220.jpgThis was what I had the last time I cared to make one of these. I'd keep most of them but I'm not sure about Queen II and Angel Station. I still really like both but I'm not sure I think they're as good as albums as the rest. Maybe put in Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation and Minstrel in the Gallery by Jethro Tull in their places.

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 18:07:49

At 2/18/21 02:55 PM, VampireKisses17 wrote: Fallen - Evanescence

iu_243802_2278460.jpg

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 18:12:37

Definitely Black Stone Cherry's debut, self-titled album.

iu_243804_1809211.png

BBS Signature

I have a good amount of favorites, but one that I'll mention since I've been listening to it again recently is MM..FOOD. My personal favorite is Kookies, the original specifically.

Rapp Snitch Knishes is also a classic and is probably one of the few times where DOOM's rapping isn't the best part of the track.

This album has some of DOOM's best work. I always debate to myself on whether this album or Vaudeville Villain is his best album since they're both so good. RIP.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 20:11:52

Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

The Mouse and the Mask - DANGERDOOM

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

and a lot of Phil Collins

| Steam | NoN bbs |

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 20:21:32

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. - Incubus

Bloom - Beach House

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 20:23:14

iu_243885_8405675.jpg

• London Calling - The Clash (punk rock)
  • Speak Now - Taylor Swift (country pop)
  • Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden (heavy metal)
  • Original Sin - Pandora's Box (80s operatic rock?)

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 20:48:13

1. any album from Marilyn Manson
  2. Lust from Lords of Acid
  3. Linger Ficken' Good from Revolting Cocks
  4. Slip it In from Black Flag
  5. Easy Side Militia from Chemlab

we're all stars now...

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 21:10:22

1. Noisia - Outer Edges. By the second song I listened I was already hooked on the novel and gritty basslines and sonic perfection that is this album.
  2. Teis Ortved - Doesn't Feel Right. Every song in here is a beautiful groovy and mellow journey. I always get emotional in the bridge of the first song and I don't get emotional from almost anything.
  3. KOAN Sound - Polychrome. Same with Outer Edges but also funky and jazzy, though first half has all the best songs.
  4. Mefjus - Manifest. More DnB stuff, but slightly more gimmicky. Pivot, Work It, Muskox and Righshifter are just flat out incredible.
  5. Cardiacs - A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window. A progressive punk-ish album from the late 80's. These guys are very fun and playful with their stuff, with a touch of surrealness to it.

i see you

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 22:17:39

It's been awhile since I bought CD albums considering I listen to most music online now. However, if I had to choose it would be any Gorillaz album. However, Plastic Beach is my most favorite one.

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 23:12:39

Cattle Decapitation - The Monolith Of Inhumanity

Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence

Leviathan - The Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide

Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated

Xasthur - To Violate The Oblivious

Napalm Death - Scum

RKL - Riches To Rags

Korn - Self-Titled

Slayer - Reign In Blood

Black Tongue - Nadir

Nirvana - In Utero

Wormrot - Voices

Pre - Self-Titled

Aurora - Self-Titled

Panchiko - Deathmetal

Slipknot - Iowa

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

The Story So Far - Under Soil And Dirt

Pennywise - Full Circle

Fukpig - Bastards!

NOFX - Punk In Drublic

Ten Foot Pole - Rev

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony

System Of A Down - Self-Titled

Rings Of Saturn - Dingir

Rivers Of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name

Devourment - Molesting The Decapitated

Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead

Tool - Fear Inoculum

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust

Endless Dismal Moan - Lord Of Nightmare

Black Funeral - Waters Of Weeping

Striborg - Autumnal Melancholy

Insect Warfare - World Extermination

Terrorizer - World Downfall

Repulsion - Horrified

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-18 23:23:55

At 2/18/21 03:09 PM, Urichov wrote: This was what I had the last time I cared to make one of these. I'd keep most of them but I'm not sure about Queen II and Angel Station. I still really like both but I'm not sure I think they're as good as albums as the rest. Maybe put in Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation and Minstrel in the Gallery by Jethro Tull in their places.

You like Klaatu? That's really fantastic!

my vids go here.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-19 02:12:25

Breathless by Camel

Probably the only album where I consistently enjoy all of it. I can listen to the whole album easy.

Fun fact, the first concert Rick Astley ever attended was a Camel concert (I believe the album was Flight of the Snow Goose.) He liked it.

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-19 03:58:33

At 2/18/21 11:23 PM, MKDaemon wrote:
At 2/18/21 03:09 PM, Urichov wrote: This was what I had the last time I cared to make one of these. I'd keep most of them but I'm not sure about Queen II and Angel Station. I still really like both but I'm not sure I think they're as good as albums as the rest. Maybe put in Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation and Minstrel in the Gallery by Jethro Tull in their places.
You like Klaatu? That's really fantastic!

Yeah someone linked a vid about them on a Discord I'm in a good while ago and I decided to check them out.

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-19 04:22:09

1. Daft Punk discovery
  2. Soundgarden Superunknown
  3. Slipknot 1999
  4. Slipknot we are not your kind
  5. The presets Hi Viz
  6. Gorillaz The now now
  7. Audioslave
  8. Denzel curry Taboo
  9. Marilyn manson Portrait of an American Family
  10. Hilltop hoods The hard road
  11. Hilltop hoods drinking from the sun
  12. Tool undertow
  13. Tool Ænima
  14. Tool Lateralus
  15. Mudvayne LD 50
  16. Denzel curry ZUU
  17. Nine inch nails The downward spiral
  18. Nine inch nails Pretty Hate Machine
  19. Joji In Tongues
  20. Joji Nectar

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-19 11:38:00

At 2/18/21 01:16 PM, InfernoPhoenixNG wrote:

in no particular order because i love them all equally-- it just depends on the mood ;-p

1. re/load by metallica
  2. first harvest by alphaville (if not the compilation, then prostitute)
  3. kiss me, kiss me, kiss me by the cure

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-22 21:39:02

At 2/18/21 01:44 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote:
These aren't in order, btw

Forgot to mention MC Chris Is Dead. Whoops

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

Response to What is your Favorite music album(s) of all time 2021-02-23 00:36:06

Favorite (like 9 to 10/10 albums here)

Doll Doll Doll by Venetian Snares - Heavy breakcore album with lots of influence from industrial and power noise. My favorite album from him and what I would argue as the best breakcore album of all time.

about by hyi - A mix of genres and can vary from being aggressive to calm sounding. Its length is very short so you might classify this as an EP, but since it has a progressive/storied nature I would consider it a mini-album.

Galvanize by Cheshyre - It's Cheshyre, most people on here know he makes great stuff. This is by far the best album he has made so far.

Honorable Mentions (these are like 8/10 albums instead of 9 or 10/10)

Eh? by Riajuu - Breakcore album with a very music box sound to it. Very lighthearted yet emotional at times. Track 8 is a masterpiece and really props up the rest of the album.

The Rainforest by 0081 - Not really familiar with plunderphonics, but I really like this album. Has a really dense sound to it, yet still remains fairly atmospheric. The album is very front heavy however, most of what I consider are the best tracks are right at the beginning.

Ode to an Air Conditioner by TenderLove - Really nice glitch ambient. Would be in my favorites of all time but it is brought down because I actually kind of hate track 4, and some tracks will go on for a bit too long.

Flexing Habitual by The Flashbulb - Nice drill and bass... not really much to say about it other than that sadly. Not mind blowing, just nice.

Remains Of Shapes To Come by Ruby My Dear - Breakcore album with influences from ragga, hip hop, and even dubstep. Even has some of my most favorite dubstep tracks on here.

Richard D. James Album by Aphex Twin - IDM and drill and bass from the legend. Honestly a mixed bag but when it hit, it hits hard. I really wish final track was somewhere in the middle or removed entirely because it is the worst closer to an album I've ever heard though.

Wruth by Waqs - Probably the artist and album I take a lot of my inspiration from. Very minimal and cold sounding IDM.

my love feels all wrong. by goreshit - Yeah, I like lolicore. Cancel me.

(would have put honorable mentions in a spoiler tag but I have no idea how to do that or if that is even possible here lmao)