00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The natural disater in Texas...

623 Views | 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 17:23:48


At 2/22/21 06:16 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 2/20/21 12:12 AM, ZomAlien wrote: We're in this together as one. Isn't that right, Ted Cruz?
He seems to have stolen your UFO and GTFO'd to Cancun.


That son of a bitch!



Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

@Tony-DarkGrave


Said the same people that freaks out and panics when temperatures is above 90°F (32°C) in the Summer.


Better not hear you complain that 90°F+ (32°C+) is too hot this Summer, or otherwise, we'll tell you "go eat an ice cream cone you big baby"


At 2/22/21 06:15 PM, DarkTacan wrote:
Better not hear you complain that 90°F+ (32°C+) is too hot this Summer, or otherwise, we'll tell you "go eat an ice cream cone you big baby"


The secret to living in Minnesota is being able to adapt in the winter its bundling layers and heat management in the summer its wearing less and hydration and AC. Bought a window AC from Target on sale and it's going in this summer and for the winter I leave the thermostat at 75.


I'm better than all all of in every way when it comes to adapting to temperature changes and how to deal with it, your bullshit Climate Change mean nothing to me!

Ive dealt with 100F/95c temperature changes all my life!

iu_246373_1670765.jpg

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 19:23:35


At 2/22/21 06:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/22/21 06:15 PM, DarkTacan wrote:
Better not hear you complain that 90°F+ (32°C+) is too hot this Summer, or otherwise, we'll tell you "go eat an ice cream cone you big baby"
The secret to living in Minnesota is being able to adapt in the winter its bundling layers and heat management in the summer its wearing less and hydration and AC. Bought a window AC from Target on sale and it's going in this summer and for the winter I leave the thermostat at 75.

I'm better than all all of in every way when it comes to adapting to temperature changes and how to deal with it, your bullshit Climate Change mean nothing to me!
Ive dealt with 100F/95c temperature changes all my life!


Turn that image around and you will have southern California.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 19:28:01


At 2/22/21 06:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Ive dealt with 100F/95c temperature changes all my life!


Typo its 35c not 95c, 95c is super hot.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 19:33:15


At 2/22/21 04:38 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: WE GOT A CONSPIRACY GUYS!!!

In all seriousness, this makes me really sad. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like many people are buying it unlike other conspiracies out there.


So, you didn't see any snow that didn't melt in you state.... I think saw a picture of one of the people who was promoting it....


iu_246407_3128420.jpg


At 2/22/21 06:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/22/21 06:15 PM, DarkTacan wrote:
Better not hear you complain that 90°F+ (32°C+) is too hot this Summer, or otherwise, we'll tell you "go eat an ice cream cone you big baby"
The secret to living in Minnesota is being able to adapt in the winter its bundling layers and heat management in the summer its wearing less and hydration and AC. Bought a window AC from Target on sale and it's going in this summer and for the winter I leave the thermostat at 75.

I'm better than all all of in every way when it comes to adapting to temperature changes and how to deal with it, your bullshit Climate Change mean nothing to me!
Ive dealt with 100F/95c temperature changes all my life!


I can tell you, I have dealt with all types of weather from Blizzards to Hurricanes, from -50°F wind chills to 135°F heat index over my nearly 28 years of being alive. I lived in New Orleans, LA between 1993-2005 & 2012-present day, and lived in Pittsburgh, PA between 2005-2012.


In the Summer up North, a lot of people complain over the heat, and during the Winter down South, a lot of people complain over the cold.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 20:32:24


Seems like alot of the politicians in Texas are telling their citizens to fuck off


"Orthur" The only thing I'm gonna cut you today is some...slack okay?

BBS Signature

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 20:56:09


Just got back from Dallaska

Cant wait for the power bill to fuck me over...


I cannot see without my asses

BBS Signature

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 21:34:46


My grandparents live in Texas so I'm a bit worried. And the wind turbine idea was crap. Now people don't have power.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 22:01:09


China has looked at this situation and used it to demonstrate that their way is superior to America's.


Given the power of China, we cannot allow our infrastructure to crumble further.


Why have we let our infrastructure get this bad? This dates back all the way to Dubya, if not further back.


Why am I?

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-22 22:37:47


At 2/22/21 09:34 PM, UncleLad wrote: My grandparents live in Texas so I'm a bit worried. And the wind turbine idea was crap. Now people don't have power.


I'm sure your conservative media bends you over, and then slaps you silly, while trying to make you feel special over that, but it's a lot more complex than that.


Even the GOP officials (including some who escaped for warmer places and with power), who were making the rounds on conservative networks, scapegoating renewable energy, are now walking back that shit after the backlash over it's absurdity.


And I believe it was T. Boone Pickens, a well known billionaire conservative, and Republican Supporter, in Texas, who was behind those wind turbines in that state.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-23 00:13:38


At 2/22/21 09:34 PM, UncleLad wrote: My grandparents live in Texas so I'm a bit worried. And the wind turbine idea was crap. Now people don't have power.


A little positivity for you, I hope your grandparents are okay.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-23 01:04:42


At 2/18/21 03:12 AM, Gario wrote:
At 2/18/21 01:13 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol natural disaster. lol go to target and get some thermals you big fucking babies!
stores are closed because there is no power

they can't get things from the store, not thay they could get there with vehicles crowding the roads due to bad drivers clogging the roads

yeah, it's not a big deal if your cities are prepped for it - i've been in my fair share of sub-0 weather - but if the governments didn't prepare for it folk can't set themselves up now

stay safe out there, texans


first time I agree with you and edy.


i know i will never ideologically agree with you, but its outrageous people would mock actual suffering


Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-23 11:20:36


At 2/22/21 09:34 PM, UncleLad wrote: My grandparents live in Texas so I'm a bit worried. And the wind turbine idea was crap. Now people don't have power.


What actually happened with the wind turbines? Were they designed by people who never design infrastructure for cold areas? Also, is it true that the federal government denied the local state authorities the means to increase their power output?


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-23 12:06:57


At 2/23/21 11:20 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 2/22/21 09:34 PM, UncleLad wrote: My grandparents live in Texas so I'm a bit worried. And the wind turbine idea was crap. Now people don't have power.
What actually happened with the wind turbines? Were they designed by people who never design infrastructure for cold areas? Also, is it true that the federal government denied the local state authorities the means to increase their power output?

Unless you think UncleLad’s grandparent’s are either

-windmill designers, or

-members of the government


then he’s got the same amount of information at his fingertips as you do.


As far as I can see, the federal government has got little to do with how Texas managed their power, as they’re isolated from the national grid.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/17/texas-power-grid-failures/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/18/texas-grid-failure-ignites-feud-over-gop-oversight-of-energy-industry-.html


BBS Signature

At 2/23/21 11:20 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
What actually happened with the wind turbines? Were they designed by people who never design infrastructure for cold areas?


the state created a separate power grid from the rest of america so that they wouldn't need to follow federal regulations concerning safety and weatherization, and now their power sources (natural gas, oil, win, solar, nuclear) have breaks in their infrastructure so that the power can't get where it needs to go


which leaves the rest of texas' grid unable to keep up with the power demand of the rest of the state without risk of blowing up what's left of their existing grid


power companies tried to save a few bucks by avoiding weatherizing for cold weather and now their entire system has gone to shit


of course, the owners of the companies are actually really, really happy about the results of this disaster, because it allowed them an excuse to upcharge their electricity and make huge profits in the middle of this disaster


so basically, unregulated capitalism happened; business owners cut corners to decrease costs, then profited on the backs of those who suffered the consequences for their actions


Also, is it true that the federal government denied the local state authorities the means to increase their power output?


no


the federal government has no authority over texas' grid


state officials aren't allowing more power to flow because it would melt what little of their grid is left and make the problem worse


you can't just indefinitely increase the output, eventually the wires melt and/or transformers blow up if you bypass the overcurrent protective devices


texas physically can't handle the strain on their system, right now


Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-23 22:15:28


At 2/23/21 01:24 PM, Gario wrote: the state created a separate power grid from the rest of america so that they wouldn't need to follow federal regulations concerning safety and weatherization, and now their power sources (natural gas, oil, win, solar, nuclear) have breaks in their infrastructure so that the power can't get where it needs to go

which leaves the rest of texas' grid unable to keep up with the power demand of the rest of the state without risk of blowing up what's left of their existing grid

power companies tried to save a few bucks by avoiding weatherizing for cold weather and now their entire system has gone to shit

of course, the owners of the companies are actually really, really happy about the results of this disaster, because it allowed them an excuse to upcharge their electricity and make huge profits in the middle of this disaster

so basically, unregulated capitalism happened; business owners cut corners to decrease costs, then profited on the backs of those who suffered the consequences for their actions


There ya go, good information.


no

the federal government has no authority over texas' grid


Okay, just making sure. It turns out I misheard something on radio.


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-25 11:53:54


A list of anti-Biden/Left conspiracies over over this: Why is the Texas snowstorm attracting anti-Biden conspiracy theories?

Response to The natural disater in Texas... 2021-02-25 14:27:21


At 2/25/21 11:53 AM, EdyKel wrote: A list of anti-Biden/Left conspiracies over over this: Why is the Texas snowstorm attracting anti-Biden conspiracy theories?


Me reading these conspiracies.


iu_247890_1282600.gif


I used to be TNT

Latest song cover: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Discord: Tyler From Texas #2030