00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Top entries from 02/16/2021!

927 Views | 45 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 00:07:12

Haha, boobs am I right fellow 12 year olds!!!

Congrats to everyone else! And D.Va Clock might finally be happy!

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 01:18:47

I told you you'd make it into the top 5 eventually, DVa-Clock!

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 02:10:06

At 2/17/21 12:07 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Haha, boobs am I right fellow 12 year olds!!!

Good lord.

Congrats to the winners! I'm impartial to number five for no particular reason.

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 05:31:28

Congrats to the winners and DVa-Clock synonymous!

The latest: Hexa #66 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 05:40:53

Congrats to the winners!

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 07:52:53

At 2/17/21 01:18 AM, BiliousData wrote: I told you you'd make it into the top 5 eventually, DVa-Clock!

Thank you for your confidence in me, I hope my talkshow can get an award one day too!

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 12:25:46

Well, there goes Daily 3rd, wonder if any can be bumped up now?

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 13:12:04

At 2/17/21 05:31 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Congrats to the winners and DVa-Clock synonymous!

What was the 3rd submission? It’s deleted?

At 2/17/21 01:12 PM, NeonDev wrote:
At 2/17/21 05:31 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Congrats to the winners and DVa-Clock synonymous!

Hmm don't remember now... unfortunately it's not in the Wayback either...

I assume there might've been some copyright issue with it. If it's just some audio that needs replacing maybe it'll come back again.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:32:09

So close here btw @Mejson! Even with that score. Almost got a trophy after all...

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:33:28

At 2/17/21 02:30 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:

I assume there might've been some copyright issue with it. If it's just some audio that needs replacing maybe it'll come back again.

I remember, it was tits bouncing back and forth, with some cringe voiceover.

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:36:10

At 2/17/21 02:33 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I remember, it was tits bouncing back and forth, with some cringe voiceover.

Ah that was the one you were referring to! Any idea why the take-down? Possible infringement/guideline breaker/SFM type of stuff?

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:37:58

Cool, nothing bad happened :) I didn't count on a medal :) I wanted you all

to be able to watch our animation (.mp4 format) :)

Regards,

Mejson

At 2/17/21 02:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: So close here btw @Mejson! Even with that score. Almost got a trophy after all...

Are you tired of simple combats? We prepare the "stick movie" project with interesting story.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:38:04

At 2/17/21 02:36 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/17/21 02:33 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I remember, it was tits bouncing back and forth, with some cringe voiceover.
Ah that was the one you were referring to! Any idea why the take-down? Possible infringement/guideline breaker/SFM type of stuff?

They didn't own the clip, there was another submission which used the same clip, and fell foul. The only thing they added was voice over. Voice work belongs in the audio portal!

Also I sent you a PM, why you leave me on read ;_;

At 2/17/21 02:38 PM, Little-Rena wrote: They didn't own the clip, there was another submission which used the same clip, and fell foul. The only thing they added was voice over. Voice work belongs in the audio portal!

You're really tuned into everything these days! :) Good to know. Did you by any chance happen to catch what the first one was on: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1464339#bbspost26707107_post_text

Also I sent you a PM, why you leave me on read ;_;

Sorry 'bout that! Currently backing up my PMs so I can clear my Sentbox so I can start responding to stuff again since they imposed that limit yesterday. I was planning on using that Sentbox as a reference archive for everything, so just backing it up with some external tools too now that mirror the visual index, in case I don't get the official split .json/.html backups connected somehow for a more overviewable archive in the future... TLDR: gotta clear out some PMs...

But yeah I got it too. Sender: https://truthtellerer.newgrounds.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 14:55:06

At 2/17/21 02:37 PM, Mejson wrote: Cool, nothing bad happened :) I didn't count on a medal :) I wanted you all
to be able to watch our animation (.mp4 format) :)

Regards,
Mejson

Honorable cause, but still, here's hoping for next time. :)

If it's this close this time it doesn't seem impossible at all!

BBS Signature

At 2/17/21 02:46 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/17/21 02:38 PM, Little-Rena wrote: They didn't own the clip, there was another submission which used the same clip, and fell foul. The only thing they added was voice over. Voice work belongs in the audio portal!
You're really tuned into everything these days! :) Good to know. Did you by any chance happen to catch what the first one was on: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1464339#bbspost26707107_post_text

Oof, no I can't remember that day, other than D.Va Clock shouting at me about not winning an award, now she's crying again after seeing that she could have won, if that deleted entry never made it into the awards.

Update: Found it, it was Ms. Dig Dug and was pulled by the author according to the removal message.

Sorry 'bout that! Currently backing up my PMs so I can clear my Sentbox so I can start responding to stuff again since they imposed that limit yesterday. I was planning on using that Sentbox as a reference archive for everything, so just backing it up with some external tools too now that mirror the visual index, in case I don't get the official split .json/.html backups connected somehow for a more overviewable archive in the future... TLDR: gotta clear out some PMs...

Yeah, I had that sentbox issue, I just purged it all, because, meh.

At 2/17/21 02:59 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Oof, no I can't remember that day, other than D.Va Clock shouting at me about not winning an award, now she's crying again after seeing that she could have won, if that deleted entry never made it into the awards.

Update: Found it, it was Ms. Dig Dug and was pulled by the author according to the removal message.

Nice. :) Tying up those loose P-bot removal ends one at a time here...

I really should probably adapt a similarly efficient approach to stuff like this. Can't seem to get a complete mirror working right there anyway, account backup will have to do...

Really handy feature if you hadn't tried that though, they just added in the PM inbox/sentbox toggles at the same time as this limitation thing. All it's missing is some kind of overview/visuals. 500 PMs per folder. Text only. Numbered folders. That's all.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-17 19:42:02

At 2/17/21 02:33 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 2/17/21 02:30 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:

I remember, it was tits bouncing back and forth, with some cringe voiceover.

i think it was about that Resident Evil vampire woman.

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-19 06:35:26

At 2/17/21 07:42 PM, BiliousData wrote: i think it was about that Resident Evil vampire woman.

Even better memory there. :D Good to know.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-19 10:32:22

top entires from the day i joined!

At 2/17/21 02:59 PM, Little-Rena wrote:

I can't imagine purging my sentbox because it feels wrong to do so, even if I've archived it all already.

I'd rather the most recent ones get purged automatically than pull the trigger myself.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 02:00 PM, Gimmick wrote: I can't imagine purging my sentbox because it feels wrong to do so, even if I've archived it all already.

I'd rather the most recent ones get purged automatically than pull the trigger myself.

Still have some Sentbox space left, or are you currently abstaining from further PM based communication until possibly a time comes when the storage limit is raised or such automation comes to pass...?

I thought about rebelling a little and just keeping the Sentbox like it was but... think I'll just be backing up my stuff a bit more frequently after this; start up a gradually growing offline PM archive instead...

Screencaps of all pages too as to preserve post moods should I need further reference current .json files do nae provide.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-19 18:25:13

At 2/19/21 10:32 AM, SuperDuperAltF4 wrote: top entires from the day i joined!

Welcome to the Grounds SuperDuperAltF4!

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 06:23 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/19/21 02:00 PM, Gimmick wrote: I can't imagine purging my sentbox because it feels wrong to do so, even if I've archived it all already.

Still have some Sentbox space left, or are you currently abstaining from further PM based communication until possibly a time comes when the storage limit is raised or such automation comes to pass...?

The second, I didn't even realize there was a sentbox limit lol so I'm 55% over the limit

but that's alright because I don't get many PMs anyway

I thought about rebelling a little and just keeping the Sentbox like it was but... think I'll just be backing up my stuff a bit more frequently after this; start up a gradually growing offline PM archive instead...

Screencaps of all pages too as to preserve post moods should I need further reference current .json files do nae provide.

That's something I hadn't considered, some context is lost with the backups like PM moods. The context change due to emotes from the 2012 redesign was enough for me.

Like the old :O emote being changed to {:O

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 06:31 PM, Gimmick wrote: The second, I didn't even realize there was a sentbox limit lol so I'm 55% over the limit

Man I was 27MB over the limit (let's see that's... 1250%?). XD Took a while to clear those pages... I didn't know there was a limit either, apparently it's always been there just never enforced, but the main quota bar was supposed to count towards both Inbox/Sentbox quotas, and never did count the latter at all! The limitation started getting enforced under the assumption people who'd gone over their quotas had just been ignoring said overuse all this time...

Surprisingly only one Wi/Ht thread about this, guess most people don't use the PM feature so much, but more info here if you're interested: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1464441#bbspost26708754_post_text

Hmm, we gotta do something about this...

That's something I hadn't considered, some context is lost with the backups like PM moods. The context change due to emotes from the 2012 redesign was enough for me.

Ahh I didn't notice that one... or don't remember that I noticed. The only mood I'd been using a lot before the last redesign with the :D one. Think I might've mentioned I always read that one as 'big smile' before, but apparently it's a laugh so... old grins suddenly possibly all out of context in mah post history.

These are the small nuances that'd probably get a lot more consideration before getting changed on a larger site, but pros and cons, at least pretty much everything else is a pro here...

Apparently the moods use numerical references internally in regard to PMs, and there wasn't any good/easy way to include them in the .json files, but maybe they'll get added in eventually. Hope so. Apart from that the archive's really not bad. Missing an index but then again it's easy to search when everything's in plain-text files. Couldn't do that with the online ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-19 19:22:45

At 2/19/21 06:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Surprisingly only one Wi/Ht thread about this, guess most people don't use the PM feature so much, but more info here if you're interested: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1464441#bbspost26708754_post_text

Yeah I was surprised to see nothing about this sudden bug. At first I thought it was because I was blocked, but I confirmed it wasn't the case through my alt...although I couldn't send any PMs from my alt despite being under the limit.

Hmm, we gotta do something about this...

Nooo! You know I can't send PMs back...XD

Thankfully, the news post system can be used as a substitute in a pinch! :P

Ahh I didn't notice that one... or don't remember that I noticed.

It's more obvious if you look at the archives. The Flash Reg Lounge's mood is what I'm referring to: old and new

I guess the best way to describe it is that it's gone from a "holler" emote to a "the fuck!?" emote

Meanwhile, the ,':/ emote has gone to an :O emote, which doesn't make sense - almost the exact same emote still exists; why did it get replaced with a different one!?

Also, man...I'm getting a huge nostalgia trip browsing the announcements/posts of yore. Simpler times...well, not quite, it WAS still the period of the global financial crisis after all, but even so...

The only mood I'd been using a lot before the last redesign with the :D one. Think I might've mentioned I always read that one as 'big smile' before, but apparently it's a laugh so... old grins suddenly possibly all out of context in mah post history.

Yeah, lost in translation. It's funny how a little tilt can change things.

Apparently the moods use numerical references internally in regard to PMs, and there wasn't any good/easy way to include them in the .json files, but maybe they'll get added in eventually. Hope so. Apart from that the archive's really not bad. Missing an index but then again it's easy to search when everything's in plain-text files. Couldn't do that with the online ones.

You got a point regarding the archives. Even so, I've downloaded the backup and kept it as such - a backup. I'll make them the primary once things get sorted out. I don't think I'll be deleting stuff until it's sorted out.

One of the troubles of having a backup like this is that there's no longer an authoritative source once the primaries are deleted.

BBS Signature

At 2/19/21 07:22 PM, Gimmick wrote: Yeah I was surprised to see nothing about this sudden bug. At first I thought it was because I was blocked, but I confirmed it wasn't the case through my alt...although I couldn't send any PMs from my alt despite being under the limit.

Ah you really felt the full effects of this bug then. Probably was a good thing to be over the limit. Didn't take all that long till I opened the Sentbox and saw the notice there; everything fell into place..

Occasionally have similar loading issues where the button just isn't clickable though, was reloading tabs for a while before that.

Nooo! You know I can't send PMs back...XD

Think I'm a have to send a message every once in a while now and ask why you're not responding. :P

Thankfully, the news post system can be used as a substitute in a pinch! :P

Hehe, that is true. Shall get to the comment there too soon I hope, in my bookmark bar...

It's more obvious if you look at the archives. The Flash Reg Lounge's mood is what I'm referring to: old and new
I guess the best way to describe it is that it's gone from a "holler" emote to a "the fuck!?" emote

Wooah how did I not remember that one...

Meanwhile, the ,':/ emote has gone to an :O emote, which doesn't make sense - almost the exact same emote still exists; why did it get replaced with a different one!?

Yeaaah that one's really nothing alike either! Seems they really didn't think these through, was way more than just the naming...

Also, man...I'm getting a huge nostalgia trip browsing the announcements/posts of yore. Simpler times...well, not quite, it WAS still the period of the global financial crisis after all, but even so...

Noticing the mood really looks more like a smile than a laugh with that one too. Pretty cool how a lot of the old emotes were a little sideways. More dimensional somehow. Didn't remember that bit about them. New ones are definitely clearer/bolder/bigger/smoother but lost a bit of that initial charm.

Yeah things really were simpler back then. :) Appreciable transparency too. Announced half hour downtime and all. Don't know the last time they took time to post about maintenance, you usually just get the splash page now. Guess they might just be way more stressed out these days but indeed cool to look back and see those details.

Yeah, lost in translation. It's funny how a little tilt can change things.

And to wonder how people will perceive all of this a few centuries down the line... so much meaning is bound to be bound to the times. Wonder if the implications of the moods will change too even if the images don't...

You got a point regarding the archives. Even so, I've downloaded the backup and kept it as such - a backup. I'll make them the primary once things get sorted out. I don't think I'll be deleting stuff until it's sorted out.

Sorted out thought as in...? If you're hoping for more space I'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon unfortunately. Apparently the current allotment's an upgrade already. Twice as much for supporters.

One of the troubles of having a backup like this is that there's no longer an authoritative source once the primaries are deleted.

Yeaaah that's true... didn't consider that. :/ No way to verify the archive is from an official source or anything, hmm, hopefully no need for anything I've written to be backed by legitimacy, but good thing to keep in mind. May be wise to move conversations to email if ever you're working out contracts or any kind of agreements that might result in creative disputes down the line...

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 02/16/2021! 2021-02-19 19:53:05

At 2/19/21 07:42 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Think I'm a have to send a message every once in a while now and ask why you're not responding. :P

xd

Wooah how did I not remember that one...

Time fades away everything; it's why the internet archive is the only other site that receives direct monetary support from me.

I'll admit, I didn't remember either, until I went to the archives pre-covid (which was also during a nostalgia trip, heh)

Noticing the mood really looks more like a smile than a laugh with that one too. Pretty cool how a lot of the old emotes were a little sideways. More dimensional somehow. Didn't remember that bit about them. New ones are definitely clearer/bolder/bigger/smoother but lost a bit of that initial charm.

I suppose it's the gradients, or lack thereof. *Shakes fist in the air* Damn you, microsoft!

And to wonder how people will perceive all of this a few centuries down the line... so much meaning is bound to be bound to the times. Wonder if the implications of the moods will change too...

We already have answers to that - we need just look at history. Nothing like losing all context for events that seem major in retrospect that leaves you trying to fill in the blanks...

a timeless question: "What were they thinking?"

Sorted out thought as in...? If you're hoping for more space I'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon. Apparently the current allotment's an upgrade already. Twice as much for supporters.

Hey, who knows. There might be another upgrade in the future, or you might have extra inbox space as a "supporter+" feature in the future...or maybe not, dunno.

But I was referencing the emotes - if they're fixed then it makes it easier to export them.

May be wise to move conversations to email if ever you're working out contracts or any kind of agreements that might result in creative disputes down the line...

Yeah. Of course, at that point if you're dealing with disputes over something that happened years or even decades ago, chances are it'll just be a he-said-she-said scenario anyway...

BBS Signature