00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts

10,153 Views | 25 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The Newgrounds Shark Robot store has two new Friday Night Funkin’-themed shirts: Boyfriend and Pico!

The design is by @PKettles, give her a follow!

iu_233514_1.jpg

Last Saturday was Pixel Day, with a bunch of great pixel art, games, music and animation. Judging is in progress and winners will likely be announced this upcoming week.

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

I’m going out a bit on a limb here. I haven’t actually played all the way through Abobo’s Big Adventure via Ruffle BUT the last time @BoMToons attempted it, it crashed near the end due to a lack of support for onSoundComplete. That functionality was added with this week’s big Ruffle audio update, so you SHOULD be able to complete the game. If you give it a try, let us know your results!

Abobo’s Big Adventure is one of the biggest, craziest AS2 games ever made and it’s a cool milestone to see it running with Ruffle. @Mockery and his team spent ten years bringing this insane vision to life and the end result was totally worth it. To date I still think this has the best ending of any video game.

Flash Stuff

We’ve added additional Flash viewing options. If our desktop NG Player isn’t working for you, this guide might solve your problem. Also it’s on the todo list to ignore NG Player preferences on mobile viewports, where NG Player isn’t an option. 

We’re also hosting a Flash Forward Jam! We’re gonna surprise people with a bunch of new interactive Flash creations, running in browsers thanks to Ruffle. There are over $2,600 in prizes and you’ll have to make your game with AS2.

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @Mabelma!

You might also know Mabelma for the cool sticker packs he’s been producing and mailing out to participants in recent events, including the Pixel Day raffle. A new tablet will help him create more art and animation. Check out the MabsArts store to support his original merch, as well.

About Ruffle and Flash Preservation

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we continue to host both old and new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser now that Flash is no longer supported. Ruffle doesn’t run everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

About the Drawing Tablet Giveaway

Newgrounds is hosting a Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Gage, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @Zombie-Pimp, @Ronald-McDonald-LoL, @MrChambers, @53xy83457, @AKA-38CAUTION and @Wegra. As a result, this is our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Community News

@DavidToonsYT is organizing a Starbomb Collab.

@Xinxinix is hosting a Sexiest Outfit Art Contest and Concept of Love Art Contest.

@SevenSeizeHasCookies is hosting a Valentine’s Day-Themed Writing Contest.

@Fro is fundraising to enter a Strongman Competition

We’re sending Fro a Newgrounds shirt to wear.

Read this week’s edition of The Tank Tribune.

@littlbox just released a new littlMix that includes a @Bitbeak interview!

I should also mention the Audio Portal received it's one millionth upload this week:

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 12:02:28

those shirts drippy

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 13:21:55

At 1/30/21 11:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Newgrounds Shark Robot store has two new Friday Night Funkin’-themed shirts: Boyfriend and Pico!

Last Saturday was Pixel Day, with a bunch of great pixel art, games, music and animation. Judging is in progress and winners will likely be announced this upcoming week.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/587787

I’m going out a bit on a limb here. I haven’t actually played all the way through Abobo’s Big Adventure via Ruffle BUT the last time @BoMToons attempted it, it crashed near the end due to a lack of support for onSoundComplete. That functionality was added with this week’s big Ruffle audio update, so you SHOULD be able to complete the game. If you give it a try, let us know your results!

Abobo’s Big Adventure is one of the biggest, craziest AS2 games ever made and it’s a cool milestone to see it running with Ruffle. @Mockery and his team spent ten years bringing this insane vision to life and the end result was totally worth it. To date I still think this has the best ending of any video game.

Flash Stuff

We’ve added additional Flash viewing options. If our desktop NG Player isn’t working for you, this guide might solve your problem. Also it’s on the todo list to ignore NG Player preferences on mobile viewports, where NG Player isn’t an option. 

We’re also hosting a Flash Forward Jam! We’re gonna surprise people with a bunch of new interactive Flash creations, running in browsers thanks to Ruffle. There are over $2,600 in prizes and you’ll have to make your game with AS2.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mabelma/art-forum-battle-royale
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/744500

You might also know Mabelma for the cool sticker packs he’s been producing and mailing out to participants in recent events, including the Pixel Day raffle. A new tablet will help him create more art and animation. Check out the MabsArts store to support his original merch, as well.

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we continue to host both old and new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser now that Flash is no longer supported. Ruffle doesn’t run everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

Newgrounds is hosting a Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Gage, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @Zombie-Pimp, @Ronald-McDonald-LoL, @MrChambers, @53xy83457, @AKA-38CAUTION and @Wegra. As a result, this is our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Community News

@Xinxinix is hosting a Sexiest Outfit Art Contest and Concept of Love Art Contest.

@Fro is fundraising to enter a Strongman Competition! 

Read this week’s edition of The Tank Tribune!

Thank you so much for everything! The tablet, the contests, the opportunities, the community! I am incredibly grateful for the amazing things that newgrounds has helped me accomplish!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 14:11:09

Congratulations @Mabelma for the tablet!!!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 14:35:15

yeeeeeeees i love pk's designs her art is friggin shirt-worthy! also congrats to the new tablet recipient!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 14:58:18

WE DRIPPIN LETS GOOOOO

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 15:08:33

haha swag

BBS Signature

Just played through Abobo from beginning to end on Newgrounds (in one session) via Ruffle... brings a tear to my eye tbh to think that our labor of love and tribute to the NES is preserved for everyone to still enjoy.

Thanks so much to Tom and the Ruffle team, it all makes me very happy and nostalgic.

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 18:03:15

pog

h

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 19:31:05

ngl That merch looks fire

Nub

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-30 21:08:46

Ima need to buy 12 of those shirts

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-31 07:45:41

Put this post above Wandaboy.

first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-31 09:23:59

Congrats @Mabelma! :D Familiar names all over here lately!

Pretty dope shirts too.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-01-31 10:25:31

At 1/31/21 09:23 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Congrats @Mabelma! :D Familiar names all over here lately!

Pretty dope shirts too.

🧡🧡🙏 thanks a ton!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-01 02:40:56

Newgrounds shirts AND Abobos Big Adventure working in ruffle? Schweet!

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-01 06:58:03

I DESIRE MORE NEWGROUNDS MERCH

art by numeneko

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-01 09:35:05

Newgrounds merch, nice!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-01 13:10:03

Nice work, I'm loving @pkettles crunk style

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-01 21:11:48

At 1/30/21 11:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Newgrounds Shark Robot store has two new Friday Night Funkin’-themed shirts: Boyfriend and Pico!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/587787

Flash Stuff

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mabelma/art-forum-battle-royale
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/744500

Community News

@Fro is fundraising to enter a Strongman Competition! 

Read this week’s edition of The Tank Tribune.

@littlbox just released a new littlMix that includes a @Bitbeak interview!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1000690

I should also mention the Audio Portal received it's one millionth upload this week:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1000000

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-02 07:16:48

Can't wait for FNF Week 6. May all the pixel arrows be with the Boyfriend!

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-02 15:04:58

the shirts are drippin, cant wait for mine to come in the mail! i even promised not to kill myself before i can wear them at least once!

the hell is my signature supposed to have

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-02 23:52:12

Gettin' Flamehead vibes over here like it's the early 2000s, I love ;D

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-04 16:46:10

At 1/30/21 08:17 PM, GrayAnimations wrote: Wandaboy has drip. i've proof

iu_236325_2462057.png

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-05 09:42:01

swag

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-06 05:56:59

At 2/4/21 04:46 PM, SuperSmurf wrote: Comic

The memories. XD I didn't think this one was international!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 50 and FnF Shirts 2021-02-10 03:02:29

Congrats to Mabelma on winning drawing tablet number 50. Cool looking tee shirts.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature