00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Does liking/disliking Youtube videos actually do anything?

124 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

no. either way, they'll only reccomend jimmy kimmel's dumbass

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

At 1/23/21 08:36 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: no. either way, they'll only reccomend jimmy kimmel's dumbass

That or someones dumb/stolen meme.

At 1/23/21 08:35 PM, Wegra wrote: Like at all?

Of course not. What did you think they did?

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

At 1/23/21 08:36 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: no. either way, they'll only reccomend jimmy kimmel's dumbass

I have never been recommended a Kimmel clip.

I only get the best recommendations.

iu_229770_6031005.jpg

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

I do remember YouTube had sometimes been caught red handed changing the likes and dislikes to certain videos. Depending on how bad or good the video is sometimes the like and dislike system works like it ought to despite YouTube trying to tamper with it and sometimes it don't. So it's like 50/50, I guess...

Liking makes related videos more likely to appear on your suggestions tab but I don't think disliking actually does anything

what chdonga said.

"not interested" and "don't recommend this channel" are your best friends. i rely on the latter a lot.

At 1/23/21 08:52 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote:
I have never been recommended a Kimmel clip.
I only get the best recommendations.

Seriously, my recommendations are cat videos and videogames. I dunno who this Jimmy Kibble is everyone keeps complaining about.

I think I've only liked videos I knew I wouldn't find later, and have actively tried not to like or dislike any video.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

What to listen to next?

BBS Signature

Yes, it makes the liking/disliking person look like an ass.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

A lot of those cute cat videos that have a weird number of dislikes are actually from bots.

Every platform is crawling with bots in the background. For youtube, idk what their purpose is. But they use a coin-flip yes/no for liking or disliking a video.

liking at least changes how the algorithm recommends things to people at least. I find that if I like a music video, I'm more likely to fin it in the "my mix" playlist. I think disliking does nothing.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

I mostly grab some popcorn and go straight to the racist and hateful comments.

What a hoot.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature