00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

How much do you have to own in order to be considered rich?

323 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ok so i guess we can all agree if you have 1 million dollars you're rich. But you don't have to own that much, right? You don't need to be a millionaire in order to be rich. But here's the deal: If i own 1 million BRL (Brazillian currency), i'd be a millionaire, by definition. But that would translate to less than 200 thousand fucking dollars. So i could go like "yeaah i'm a millionaire!!", then i'd go to the US and i'd be what??? a middle class person worried if i'd be able to pay for my children's college???

What do you consider to be a rich person in your country?

Making human hentai.

BBS Signature

I'd say it's all relative.

Me having a million dollars with house and car paid off? Rich

My parents having a million dollars with house and car paid off? Maybe just well off and fiscally responsible.

BBS Signature

sorry about pumping, but come one... this is a more interesting of a conversation than big boobs.

Making human hentai.

BBS Signature

Anyone who has 75% more than the average person in the country they live in, or somewhere round that ballpark.

i got a mansion because im a lets player

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

I don't give a damn how much cash you've got!

Are you rich in character? That's the real question!!!

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

If you ended up on Epstein's "little book", I'm sure you got some cash.

Fatter than Fat Albert on a splurge day!

InstaFAM

TwitTw@t

At 1/22/21 08:58 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: I don't give a damn how much cash you've got!
Are you rich in character? That's the real question!!!

im rich in flavor

iu_229264_6715108.jpg

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

I'm not rich until I have surpassed Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos.

You are considered rich when you no longer mine the iron ore, and you just walk past it.

BBS Signature

Certainly no less than 10 million HKD. (1,300,000 USD). And with soaring property prices, you can only afford a semi-decent apartment with that amount of cash.

Regular updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

If you have savings for more than a few months, you're rich.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

At 1/22/21 11:11 PM, Gimmick wrote: If you have savings for more than a few months, you're rich.

This is a rather low threshold. I think you are safe from going bankrupt for the time being if you have savings equivalent to a couple years' of your current income.

In the 90's, a SNES, a Genesis, a Game Boy, a 3DO, a Playstation, and a Nintendo 64

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

If you are significantly more financially well-off than members of your community, you are rich compared to them.

If you are significantly more financially well-off than people elsewhere in the world, you are rich compared to them.

Also, in America, a million dollars will depend where you live. A million dollars in California? Not rich (by California standards). A million dollars in Mississippi? Yeah you're pretty rich.

At 1/23/21 04:13 AM, NeonSpider wrote: If you are significantly more financially well-off than people elsewhere in the world, you are rich compared to them.

It makes little sense to compare your wealth against the other countries unless you have planned to emigrate there. I would like to pretend I am rich with respect to the Filipinos but it would be like comparing apples with oranges.

At 1/22/21 08:53 PM, Edeshye wrote: sorry about pumping, but come one... this is a more interesting of a conversation than big boobs.

iu_229408_2278460.jpg

On topic, though: Enough money that they no longer know what to do with it and start getting weird ideas.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

At 1/23/21 06:22 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

On topic, though: Enough money that they no longer know what to do with it and start getting weird ideas.

When I run out of toilet paper, sometimes I have the urge to use the $100 notes to wipe my butt. I am rich.

In Canada, if you're able to pay for both your cell phone company AND prescription drugs without effort, then you are most certainly rich.

According to a real estate agent, you gotta earn about 100K asian dorrars per month to be middle classed in my city.

Which is about 75272.86 USD/month..

That quote was from 10 years+ ago though.

im a loser baby so why dont you freak me

At 1/24/21 12:41 PM, DamnWei wrote: According to a real estate agent, you gotta earn about 100K asian dorrars per month to be middle classed in my city.
Which is about 75272.86 USD/month..
That quote was from 10 years+ ago though.

meaning that now you need to make 752728.60 USD/month to be middle classed? :'D

I'd consider someone who can life off their bank taxes for the rest of their lives without worrying about making more money to be rich. so, to answer OP's question, that would depend on where they live.

Alternatively: You're filthy rich is you can afford living in Munich.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

At 1/22/21 10:09 PM, Raab wrote: You are considered rich when you no longer mine the iron ore, and you just walk past it.

You're just stupid rich when you look at said iron ore and start to feel nostalgic.

I think it depends oh how much the actual currency is worth in the respective country

SuperJoker429/RmPGJoker

BBS Signature

When you own the rarest of video games!!!

iu_230212_7231239.jpg

Cock rings, cock rings, cock rings.

BBS Signature

At 1/22/21 10:17 AM, Edeshye wrote: Ok so i guess we can all agree if you have 1 million dollars you're rich. But you don't have to own that much, right? You don't need to be a millionaire in order to be rich. But here's the deal: If i own 1 million BRL (Brazillian currency), i'd be a millionaire, by definition. But that would translate to less than 200 thousand fucking dollars. So i could go like "yeaah i'm a millionaire!!", then i'd go to the US and i'd be what??? a middle class person worried if i'd be able to pay for my children's college???

What do you consider to be a rich person in your country?

It's more about the infrastructure in comparison to pure money in value. Property is always worth something.

About abuckthreeeighty.

Yup, that’s a common misconception about wealth. You can own a million dollars worth of items all around your house, including the house and car you own, and be considered a millionaire while making 5-figures.

Also a lot of millionaires are the guys that work 80 hours a week. I think a generation and half of people have been brought up thinking that Mister Smithers is representative of 2% of the nation.

Thats not so say I hope everyone that reads this one day becomes filthy rich from working hard. You can do it!!! Maybe.

At 1/24/21 02:45 PM, PurpleShoes wrote: When you own the rarest of video games!!!

It's almost as if RARE planned it all along.

BBS Signature