00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark

2,112 Views | 12 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Quick Flash Notes

If Newgrounds Player isn’t working for you, edit this config file. We hope to make this part of the install process.

If you're using a browser that supports Flash and want to stick with traditional Flash embeds, go to your account options and disable the toggle to “Use Newgrounds Player for Flash”, under the Content Display Options.

I’ve been avoiding daily posts because the End-Of-Flash stuff has taken center stage recently and I’m also trying to finish a game for our Flash Forward Jam, which has been extended until the end of February. We’re gonna surprise people with a bunch of new interactive Flash creations, running in browsers thanks to Ruffle. Over $2,600 in prizes!

Ruffle itself had a big update today, which leads me to...

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

Miami Shark was previously not working with Ruffle because the SWF had been run through an obfuscator. Today’s Ruffle update got this sorted, so shark away!

The other Shark games will likely switch over once Ruffle has support for more sound features.

It’s cool to think how Ruffle will only be getting better, with more and more games coming back on-line and overall performance improving in the months ahead.

Friday Night Funkin’ Update

Friday Night Funkin released a huge belated Christmas update!

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @ItsTheAshtray.

ItsTheAshtray is getting back into making games and wants to improve his programmer art.

Pixel Day

Pixel Day is this Saturday, January 23rd, with over $1,200 in prizes! You can participate by sharing your original pixel art, animation, games and chiptunes. Read the Pixel Day post for more information.

Yesterday we unveiled a beautiful and serene promo banner by @maruki.

@Mabelma created sticker packs and is hosting a raffle to celebrate Pixel Day! More details in the Pixel Day post.

About Ruffle and Flash Preservation

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we continue to host both old and new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

About the Drawing Tablet Giveaway

Newgrounds is hosting a 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Gage, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @Zombie-Pimp, @Ronald-McDonald-LoL, @MrChambers, @53xy83457, @AKA-38CAUTION and @Wegra. As a result, this is our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Community News

@Xinxinix is hosting a Sexiest Outfit Art Contest and Concept of Love Art Contest.

@SevenSeizeHasCookies is hosting a Valentine’s Day-Themed Writing Contest.

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAAAAW!!!!!

Also: First post!

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 08:04:04

There's a shark! I've longed for this day! Back to the property market!

BBS Signature

Also 3rd post , I guess!!!

flagging stolen things

also i'm playing geometry dash <3 <3

report bad things <3

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 08:05:52

I unlocked the first Miami Shark medal 10/16/2009

Ah the halcyon days of flash gaming.

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 12:05:15

Congrats on the tablet @ItsTheAshtray!

At 1/21/21 08:00 AM, Wiesi wrote: SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAAAAW!!!!!

Seems you're still at least a little hyped up about sharks after all huh! XD

Such a classic!

The latest: Hexa #66 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 13:33:24

Those shark games were fucking incredible.

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 15:55:52

Love Miami Shark, congrats @Wiesi !!!

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 16:37:59

Im so excited to be in the art forums.

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 19:06:49

At 1/21/21 07:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: ItsTheAshtray is getting back into making games and wants to improve his programmer art.

Mood.

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-21 21:29:00

At 1/21/21 07:06 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 1/21/21 07:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: ItsTheAshtray is getting back into making games and wants to improve his programmer art.
Mood.

Mood.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-01-23 01:18:49

Thanks for the tablet! Man, @Wiesi games were such a big inspiration for me to get into making flash games. I loved Indian Outlaw

Response to Drawing Tablet 47 and Miami Shark 2021-02-04 03:41:06

Congrats on winning the drawing tablet number 47 ,ItsTheAshtray.

Miami Shark is an awesome game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature