00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

your least favorite music genres/artists

782 Views | 43 Replies

mine includes the usual suspects like country and hip-hop, though hard rock is pretty bad too imo

what about yours? lets unite in hate

"i am my dreams."

a/autumn/aden, any pronouns, gnc, pan

my website: https://acheney.xyz

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 02:35:35

German Schlager music. Whenever I hear it I immediately want to be as far away from the source as possible.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 02:43:19

any type of mainstream song from your everyday playlists that people love repeating 30 times over and over on full volume,forcing you to actually hear the damn thing to the point where it won't get out of your Godforsaken brain

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 03:31:57

I hate country music with a burning passion

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 10:03:53

I hate rap and hip hop.

It's not so much the genre themselves but the basic/bastardizations of the genre

1. Ramones - tone-deaf vocals, basic bitch 2 chord songs that get praised because "they were the first to do it".
  2. "Street" EDM - usually just 1 bass note and an annoying whistle hook. I'm too embarrassed for the "genre" to even post an example
  3. Basic Bitch "Rap" like Grunt sounds and repeated lines (Soulja Boi and Silento)
  4. Crunk Core - brokeNCYDE

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 10:55:58

Coldplay. I think they're fake music. as far as genres go, EDM in general is pretty trash.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 11:05:46

At 1/18/21 01:42 AM, AutumnCheney wrote: hard rock is pretty bad too imo

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 12:37:50

cardi b sucks

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 16:55:46

Trying to think of even one genre where I can't pick out one song and be like "That's great", and I can't even think of one.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 17:15:00

At 1/18/21 10:55 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Coldplay. I think they're fake music. as far as genres go, EDM in general is pretty trash.

coldplay are weird because i like their second album on the whole but everything else they has released is trash. bottom of the barrel, common denominator shit that is about as shallow as a puddle. i think you can copy paste the lyrics from any coldplay song and put them on another and you wouldn't notice any difference

hey

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 18:54:59

'90s R&B.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 18:58:31

Reggaeton, shit's got a huge following in Latin America so I hear that fucking thing everywhere, and it's always the same goddamn songs. I hear it in parties, I hear it in the uber, I hear it whenever the obnoxious group of friends in school decide it's appropriate to bust out their shitty bluetooth speaker in the middle of fucking class. The same rhythm, the same lyrics about sexy women and innuendos, the same vocals from a dude with a high pitched voice and a stupid autotune. God.

I'm sure if I set aside the time and listen to the genre on my own I'd probably find something I like, but I can't get into it when I hear the same dembow rhythm literally everywhere.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 18:59:37

At 1/18/21 11:05 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/18/21 01:42 AM, AutumnCheney wrote: hard rock is pretty bad too imo

Haven't seen this in a while

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 19:00:35

Modern rap and Metalcore in general. Metalcore is just too loud for me

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 19:21:07

Tragically Hip

Skrillex

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 20:08:05

SNMT. I don't what genre they belong. Maybe post-post-industrial.

It sounds like a worse version of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music.

[Careful if using headphones]

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 20:30:59

At 1/18/21 08:21 PM, Peaceblossom wrote: Fuck you the hip are Canadian icons.

Billy Bishop is a Canadian icon....

I feel like there's that thin line within pop music that always spawns Animation Memes.

I hate 'em all, Some songs like Caramelldansen exempt.

You know EXACTLY what songs I'm talking about now. I loathe them because they're all just happy-go-lucky "Hey Fuck you, Eat shit and die" passive aggressive songs that don't really have anything to say. Not to mention it's always the milquetoast fandoms with teens all with the same artstyle.

Also two similar properties who I have begun loathing the existence of and use their existence as a spite-based catalyst for my creativity.

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 22:57:47

At 1/18/21 08:08 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: SNMT. I don't what genre they belong. Maybe post-post-industrial.

Sounds like harsh noise, literally just harsh noise. Can't get any more "esoteric" than that, really.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-18 23:07:28

At 1/18/21 02:43 AM, pointlessfield wrote: any type of mainstream song from your everyday playlists that people love repeating 30 times over and over on full volume,forcing you to actually hear the damn thing to the point where it won't get out of your Godforsaken brain

You and me both, I can't stand any of today's mainstream garbage, because they all sound like they are singing out of their asses, and people expect to like that shit, not me. Rap/Hip-Hop and Pop is the worse when it comes to this.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-19 04:01:06

Bad music.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-01-19 06:46:52

Country.

I used to love country, the older country. It hit its peak in the 90s though. Afterwards, people realized how marketable it could be through manipulation. Go listen to Bo Burnham's Country Song, you'll see what I mean.

As for artists, that's a much MUCH longer list.

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 03:37:43

Mostly Rap, Hip hop and mainstream pop, They just recycle the theme like over and over again

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 04:37:18

Swedish Rap, shit sucks and its really repetitive as fuck.

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 04:47:50

At 2/4/21 04:37 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote: Swedish Rap, shit sucks and its really repetitive as fuck.

These guys are good, though.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 07:17:26

Basically, I dislike Nickelback. I'd rather much listen to Bring Me The Horizon or Arctic Monkeys.

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 07:51:22

At 1/18/21 02:43 AM, pointlessfield wrote: any type of mainstream song from your everyday playlists that people love repeating 30 times over and over on full volume,forcing you to actually hear the damn thing to the point where it won't get out of your Godforsaken brain

''Bubblegum music'' is the term you're looking for and YES

Response to your least favorite music genres/artists 2021-02-04 07:52:54

Willing to bet everyone who hates rap/hiphop loves rock/metal and the other way around.

i have this irrational dislike towards the breakbeat hardcore and oldschool jungle / breaks revival hybrid. i still listen to it just not as much as one would expect. (i really love the sounds, but again irrational hatred.)

you should know who and what i'm talking about. but a genre i actually hate is edm trap.

BBS Signature