00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative

6,100 Views | 224 Replies

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 06:49:44

At 3/20/21 05:05 AM, Yomuchan wrote: Excellent. Rioters who make roadblocks and murder innocent civilians under the pretext of 'protesting' deserve what's coming to them.

I think roadblocks are a valuable tool for protesters to use. Note that this would also impact the white truck drivers who also block roads. Do they deserve what's coming to them?

As for the murder, that is horrible, and even the intention behind shooting at a car is horrible, guns don't belong at a protest.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 12:08:07

At 3/20/21 06:49 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I think roadblocks are a valuable tool for protesters to use. Note that this would also impact the white truck drivers who also block roads. Do they deserve what's coming to them?

If they mob the vehicles, then murder the people they stop in cold blood? Yes.

I'm sincerely of the opinion that blocking roads in order to stop vehicles, then indiscriminately shooting people inside said vehicles doesn't count as peaceful protesting. I know they used the old cop excuse 'I was fearful', but like that time, that excuse doesn't fly.

As for the murder, that is horrible, and even the intention behind shooting at a car is horrible, guns don't belong at a protest.

Agreed.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 12:22:24

At 3/20/21 12:08 PM, Yomuchan wrote: I'm sincerely of the opinion that blocking roads in order to stop vehicles, then indiscriminately shooting people inside said vehicles doesn't count as peaceful protesting. I know they used the old cop excuse 'I was fearful', but like that time, that excuse doesn't fly.

You know the two don't have to be connected right? You can create a roadblock without killing someone.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 12:32:52

At 3/20/21 12:22 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 3/20/21 12:08 PM, Yomuchan wrote: I'm sincerely of the opinion that blocking roads in order to stop vehicles, then indiscriminately shooting people inside said vehicles doesn't count as peaceful protesting. I know they used the old cop excuse 'I was fearful', but like that time, that excuse doesn't fly.
You know the two don't have to be connected right? You can create a roadblock without killing someone.

Yeah, that's why I said 'then'. Personally, I still don't like the idea of blocking roads with no leeway for emergency vehicles or alternate routing, especially in an urban area where even an ambulance delay could have lethal consequences.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 12:38:59

At 3/20/21 12:32 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
Yeah, that's why I said 'then'. Personally, I still don't like the idea of blocking roads with no leeway for emergency vehicles or alternate routing, especially in an urban area where even an ambulance delay could have lethal consequences.

Some protests organise provisions for emergency vehicles when they plan on blocking a road.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 13:03:41

At 3/20/21 12:38 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
Some protests organise provisions for emergency vehicles when they plan on blocking a road.

Yeah. I figure power-mad rioters looking for some looting and pillaging don't really work with the local community.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-20 13:16:29

At 3/20/21 01:03 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 3/20/21 12:38 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
Yeah. I figure power-mad rioters looking for some looting and pillaging don't really work with the local community.

Well, they wouldn't would they? I don't think rioters, or looters work well with many people, looting specifically is selfish. Rioting on the other hand does have its place, where peaceful protest is no longer a viable option, rioting should be on the table, this is for totalitarian places, those which greatly risk the right to protest.

Either way, I feel you are muddying the waters, and lumping these groups in with protesters, who do not have any intention of rioting, or looting. This is also a tactic used by governments who want to clamp down on rights to protest, they will point at recent riots, and say "this is what protesters cause!" implying that all protesters are guilty of the riots.

Infact, just look up the Chicago Eight/Seven, a sham trial where a number of people were put on trial for crossing state lines with intent to incite a riot because the protest got out of hand, due largly to police action.

The right to protest should be protected.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-21 19:00:09

At 3/20/21 01:16 PM, Little-Rena wrote: This is also a tactic used by governments who want to clamp down on rights to protest, they will point at recent riots, and say "this is what protesters cause!"

OMG I know, right? Its like, next thing you know, a bunch of dudes with funny flags protest in a public building, get labeled as terrorists and get hunt down and fired from their jobs.

Gee, sure hope nothing like that ever happens. We should really protect the right to protest.

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-21 19:39:29

At 3/21/21 07:00 PM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 3/20/21 01:16 PM, Little-Rena wrote: This is also a tactic used by governments who want to clamp down on rights to protest, they will point at recent riots, and say "this is what protesters cause!"

OMG I know, right? Its like, next thing you know, a bunch of dudes with funny flags protest in a public building, get labeled as terrorists and get hunt down and fired from their jobs.

...Erm, “public building”?

Most individuals are aware that the Capitol is a government building, and not a public library.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-21 21:00:11

Gee, sure hope nothing like that ever happens. We should really protect the right to protest.

This argument in bad faith is not a good look for you, the sarcastic nature of it makes it seem like you don't think protests should be allowed at all, how very authoritarian of you!

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 05:08:03

At 3/21/21 09:00 PM, Little-Rena wrote:

This argument in bad faith is not a good look for you, the sarcastic nature of it makes it seem like you don't think protests should be allowed at all, how very authoritarian of you!

No, Im just hinting at how odd it is that you are saying some govs will exagerate unwanted protests to shut them down, while simultaneously falling for the same trap.

At 3/21/21 07:39 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
...Erm, “public building”?

Most individuals are aware that the Capitol is a government building, and not a public library.

I do not know if it falls under public or government, but we, the people, maintain it with taxes, and have every damn right to walk in there. You can in fact walk in right now, today, if you want to.

whatever the case, i didnt see the fine blm/antifa lads get labled as terrorists after burning down entire blocks and ruining a ton of small bussinesses.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 07:46:36

At 3/22/21 05:08 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 3/21/21 09:00 PM, Little-Rena wrote:

No, Im just hinting at how odd it is that you are saying some govs will exagerate unwanted protests to shut them down, while simultaneously falling for the same trap.

Except the thing you are talking about wasn't a protest, because they went into a government building, stole from it, viewed restricted documents, showed intent to cause harm, I could go on and on as to why it wasn't a protest. If they were arrested, and action taken while they were all just outside, then that is supression of speech, but that isn't what happened, and you know it.

At 3/22/21 07:46 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
Except the thing you are talking about wasn't a protest, because they went into a government building,

yeah thats still a protest... you know you pay for that building, right? Contrary to private buildings and small businesses.

:stole from it,

oh no they stole a chair from the capitol, its like 100 times worse than what they did in all blm protests combined.

::viewed restricted documents,

gotta speak great about your govs safety if a dude just walks in there and takes classified information.. even worse, the guy said he was coming. Must be an easy job for Russian spies, right?

::showed intent to cause harm,

oh no, thats basically the definition of a terrorist.

::I could go on and on as to why it wasn't a protest.

sure

::If they were arrested, and action taken while they were all just outside, then that is supression of speech, but that isn't what happened, and you know it.

I know labeling protesters as terrorists is wrong.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 09:38:07

At 3/22/21 09:25 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: More bad faith arguing.

Just because your taxes go towards a building doesn't make it a public building, just because it's "just a chair" doesn't mean it isn't theft, just because worse things happened somewhere else doesn't mean that both things can't be wrong, I could go on and on, but you aren't interested, you seem willing to restrict speech to disagree with, while protecting speech you agree with.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 11:16:31

At 3/22/21 09:38 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Just because your taxes go towards a building doesn't make it a public building

kinda does, actually

:, just because it's "just a chair" doesn't mean it isn't theft, just because worse things happened somewhere else doesn't mean that both things can't be wrong,

oh Im not saying they are saints, Im just saying that if you label them terrorists, the people that walked into a public/goverment/whatever its still publicly funded by the people, if you are made believe that those people are fricking terrorists... you are a manipulable moron.

you seem willing to restrict speech to disagree with, while protecting speech you agree with.

Thats one way to say "i did not understand anything you just said".

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 11:43:45

At 3/22/21 11:16 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 3/22/21 09:38 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Just because your taxes go towards a building doesn't make it a public building
kinda does, actually

So iif tax money went into building my house, does that mean anyone who has paid tax has a right to enter my house?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 11:49:21

At 3/22/21 11:43 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
kinda does, actually
So iif tax money went into building my house, does that mean anyone who has paid tax has a right to enter my house?

has tax money gone into building your house?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 11:51:42

At 3/22/21 11:49 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:
kinda does, actually

Mine personally? No, although tax money has gone into repairing it, but there are houses built using tax money, so if I was in one of those houses, does that mean anyone who has paid tax has a right to enter my house?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 12:01:49

At 3/22/21 11:51 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
kinda does, actually
Mine personally? No, although tax money has gone into repairing it, but there are houses built using tax money, so if I was in one of those houses, does that mean anyone who has paid tax has a right to enter my house?

Oh yeah those use tax money, but they are private property, they have a proprietor, an owner. The capitol is not private property, it is state property, and we all pay for it. It is ours, the people's. Everyone at the government *theoretically* works for you and me. Its a shame we have to discuss this.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 12:07:47

At 3/22/21 12:01 PM, CitizenGoose wrote:
kinda does, actually
Oh yeah those use tax money, but they are private property, they have a proprietor, an owner. The capitol is not private property, it is state property, and we all pay for it. It is ours, the people's. Everyone at the government *theoretically* works for you and me. Its a shame we have to discuss this.

This whole discussion is pointless, but here's a lawyer who can tell you the crimes allegedly commited.

He does a good job at looking into all of the crimes, and the possibilities of being charged.

At 3/22/21 12:07 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
kinda does, actually
This whole discussion is pointless, but here's a lawyer who can tell you the crimes allegedly commited.

He does a good job at looking into all of the crimes, and the possibilities of being charged.

Like, no shit they broke laws... nearly all protests break laws(road blocks, painting, breaking windows, etc), and this was a big one at that, no questions there.

But here is what Im saying: This protest caused damages to a federal building, the blm protests literally ruined lives.

In one protest nancy pelosi lost her hairbrush, democrat representatives had their chance in a lifetime to take exaggerated selfies like an influencer, and 5 people(one by heart attack); in the other struggling families were put on debt, tons of people got their property destroyed, businesses closed, and 19 people died.

One is clearly worse than the other, how come worse be a peaceful event and the other a terrorist event?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-22 14:56:55

At 3/22/21 02:51 PM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 3/22/21 12:07 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
kinda does, actually

Like, no shit they broke laws... nearly all protests break laws(road blocks, painting, breaking windows, etc), and this was a big one at that, no questions there.

But here is what Im saying: This protest caused damages to a federal building, the blm protests literally ruined lives.

In one protest nancy pelosi lost her hairbrush, democrat representatives had their chance in a lifetime to take exaggerated selfies like an influencer, and 5 people(one by heart attack); in the other struggling families were put on debt, tons of people got their property destroyed, businesses closed, and 19 people died.

One is clearly worse than the other, how come worse be a peaceful event and the other a terrorist event?

Pretty sure I already mentioned riots, looting, and murder before, might be worth reading back a bit. My point is that the right to peaceful protests should be protected, this includes causing an interference, and disruptioning daily activities of a country, but it doesn't include rioting, looting, or murder.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-26 08:41:59

At 3/25/21 04:51 PM, Mist wrote: im starting to doubt little renas mental capacity

Meanwhile, everyone already knows yours is inexistent.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-26 10:31:09

At 3/26/21 10:00 AM, Poseidon00 wrote: It's impossible to take you seriously when you flip-flop like this for clearly partisan reasons. Have some principles.

Storming a government building isn't a protest, it's a riot.

This guy wasn't there to protest.

iu_265179_1568164.jpg

Putting up a noose, and making threats is not a protest.

iu_265178_1568164.jpg

Stop defending this shit, have some principles.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-26 16:21:10

At 3/26/21 04:08 PM, Poseidon00 wrote:
At 3/26/21 10:31 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 3/26/21 10:00 AM, Poseidon00 wrote: It's impossible to take you seriously when you flip-flop like this for clearly partisan reasons. Have some principles.
Storming a government building isn't a protest, it's a riot.

This guy wasn't there to protest.

Putting up a noose, and making threats is not a protest.

Stop defending this shit, have some principles.
No offense but this is the standard partisan hackery that I despise in politics. Yes yes, they're not protesters but rioters, insurrectionists, potential neo nazis who are deserving of the full force of the law for the crime of looking menacing in a government building. Okay dude.

This is a protest where the protesters killed, to my knowledge, zero people, with the only person dying being an unarmed lady shot by the cops. I would think the progressives would have their back on this. By any objective metric when comparing this to contemporary protests this is nothing and should be treated like it. But, of course, the same people who have an odd obsession with hating anyone associated with republicans with a burning fury are the ones making the biggest deal out of it and wishing for the harshest suffering for the protesters. It's sick, I tell ya. Lack of empathy due to tribalism.

Yeah, okay, going in with malicious intent is okay according to you, got it!

I'm not asking for harsh punishments for those who commited trespass, or who stood outside chanting, but the ones who were actually there to cause trouble, to cause harm, can we not agree that it is wrong to try and cause harm to others? Or do you think that's fine if they are protesting?

At 1/13/21 11:24 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: Another masterclass move by big tech and the media to further divide and radicalize the United States of America, Twitter has banned Donald Trump at tension level 11.

Trump said some stupid bullcrap, a violent protest takes place, trump says the are the party of law and order and that they should protest peacefully(as if thats gonna change violent people), and then, bam, twitter bans him. For no real policy he broke of course, he did say that they should protests peacefully, just like how biden did when his followers were doing their things and "peacefully protesting", but at the end of the day, Twitter is a private company and they can do whatever they want. Here... you gonna tell me he didnt say the exact same thing 100 times by now?

Biden supporters seem to be glad and relieved a little bit. Trump supporters are even angrier now, and will likely get even more violent.

Outside the US pretty much nobody is in favor of Twitter's move. The EU saw what happened, were like "jeez, lets hope that doesnt happen here" and are getting to work on limiting the media's power in the union.

Im all for freedom, economic freedom, private companies and what not, but the Big Tech case is scary af. They control the mases like its nothing. I myself started falling for one side, realized it, started looking at even more sources, reasoning, and I hope I have gained more freedom now. I used to think there was a good side, but there isnt, they are all equally bad. There were so many decent people in the country, so many great candidates, ideas... And nobody even heard of them.

Whatever the media, big tech, etc. want to happen, will happen.

The psychological tricks they use is insane.

Absolutely.... however tech is operating under the premise of PRIVATE BUSINESS!!! Which by the way is the same protection offered to Trump and his golf resorts and casinos and properties in terms of membership.

Now if you wanna say platforms such as Twitter and the like fall under free speech? Well I am willing to agree with you in spirit, however Trump had NO issue barring media press he didn't like from press related events.

So how you gonna act?

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-27 11:04:26

At 3/26/21 04:08 PM, Poseidon00 wrote: This is a protest where the protesters killed, to my knowledge, zero people, with the only person dying being an unarmed lady shot by the cops.

Just picking up on this point, there was the police officer, Brian Sicknick who was killed as a result of what happened. Of the other three who died out of five, two of them died from existing medical conditions and the other, Rosanne Boyland, was crushed during the whole thing.

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-27 23:16:46

iu_266320_7602610.jpg

iu_266321_7602610.jpg

Response to Trump's twitter ban is flat out manipulative 2021-03-28 03:26:15

At 3/27/21 11:16 PM, UncleLad wrote:

iu_266399_2555669.png

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature