00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Second Impeachment Attempt

2,795 Views | 102 Replies

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-20 01:44:45

At 1/20/21 01:09 AM, DarkTacan wrote: Well, technically, even if they did manage to do that, it doesn't really mean that Donald Trump can't run again for president.

If the Senate finds him guilty they then have another vote where all that is need is a majority to bar him from taking public office ever again.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

At 1/20/21 01:43 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/20/21 01:09 AM, DarkTacan wrote:
At 1/19/21 04:06 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/18/21 11:37 PM, DarkTacan wrote: And about what happened in Jan 6th, I agree, Trump is officially considered mentally insane, but at the same time, the Democrats and Pelosi wanted to impeach and remove Trump from office, just a couple of weeks before Trump is actually removed from office because of the whole transition. So, I think it's not just Trump and the Republicans that are mentally insane, but Pelosi, and the Democrats are also just as mentally insane as well. So in reality, both Trump and Pelosi needs to be sent to the mental institution.
Actually, they can't remove him from office. Basically, the House impeachment is little more than a vote of no confidence, and the start of an investigation in the Senate which might lead to Trump never being able to run for office again - among other things.
Well, technically, even if they did manage to do that, it doesn't really mean that Donald Trump can't run again for president. Honestly, nothing is preventing him to do that because it doesn't really say anywhere in the US Constitution that "a former president that was removed due to orders of impeachment that he/she is disqualified from running for office of the President of the United States again" (if it does, I must of misread it), in order to change this though, both the House and Senate has to pass a bill to add a brand new 28th Amendment into the US Constitution to re-write the rules to be president stating that "if a person in office of the president has been impeached and removed would disqualify them to serve another non-consecutive term", because right now, nothing is prevent him to run in 2024 (or later) (because he still can technically serve 1 more term), but he would only run under the Independent ticket (knowing the Republican Party won't accept him again, and I highly doubt that the Libertarian Party will accept him either), and knowing the whole Duopoly stronghold of the Nation, the chances of Donald Trump winning the 2024 Election (and future Elections after that) under the Independent ticket is slim to none.

Even if Trump isn't Elected in 2024, and we have a candidate that supported Trump win the 2024 Presidential Election, all they can do is pardon Trump, and Trump can run in 2028 or 2032 (That is if, IF Trump is still alive by then). So basically, until they update the Constitution to prevent impeached presidents from serving future 2nd presidential term, we're still not out of the woods of a 2nd Donald Trump presidency.
That is a very well thought out argument, except, there is a clause in the Constitution. It's in the 14th amendment, which was created after the civil war. Section 3 in it clearly states that any government official, if convicted, of participating in, or encouraging, any insurrection, or rebellion, will not be eligible to run for any government office in the future.

Now, where it gets a little vague, is how it's done. It could be in the articles of impeachment, or maybe a simple resolution where a simple majority could pass it, to prevent Trump from running in 2024. We will just have to wait and see when the Senate takes it up.

True, it just depends on what happens, plus also what I mentioned, if whoever wins it in 2024 and they manage to successfully pardon Trump after the Senate does their thing to "prevent him to run for office in the future", which would technically mean that Donald Trump would be eligible to run again for president in 2028 or 2032, but by that time, Trump could be too old (Trump will be 82 in 2028 and 86 in 2032), so even by then if Trump doesn't die of old age, that is also the question.

But like I stated, if Trump does get pardon by whoever wins in 2024 (more in likely a pro-Trump Republican), and he manages to stay alive by then, then he may have a slight chance to maybe serve a 2nd term, but like I said, chances like that is extremely slim to none, he needs to get pardoned first and stay alive by then, which either-or, I just don't see happening.

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-20 15:19:20

At 1/18/21 11:37 PM, DarkTacan wrote:

So, I think it's not just Trump and the Republicans that are mentally insane, but Pelosi, and the Democrats are also just as mentally insane as well. So in reality, both Trump and Pelosi needs to be sent to the mental institution.

;;;

I don't think Pelosi was acting in a mentally disturbed manner. More like someone attempting to play to the crowd of how 'mad' she was & using it as a way to permanently ban Trump from ever holding any office again.

JMO ,(just my opinion) that's what she's up to & if they can get a conviction on this impeachment, they can ban him from running in 4 more years , & with a conviction ...1 more stain on his Presidency & I believe then Biden can give him a 'conditional Pardon', where he can specify Trump won't go to jail , and no fines etc ....BUT they uphold the Trump can't hold office again. So absolutely no chance he can try in 2024

Which plays right into Bidens recent speeches , "we need to forgive & lets join together as Americans first Dem's & Rep's 2nd ...BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Ahhh Politics , let the many remaining blood suckers continue to enrich themselves

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-20 15:28:18

At 1/20/21 01:55 AM, DarkTacan wrote:
At 1/18/21 11:37 PM, DarkTacan wrote: And about what happened in Jan 6th, I agree, Trump is officially considered mentally insane, but at the same time, the Democrats and Pelosi wanted to impeach and remove Trump from office, just a couple of weeks before Trump is actually removed from office because of the whole transition. So, I think it's not just Trump and the Republicans that are mentally insane, but Pelosi, and the Democrats are also just as mentally insane as well. So in reality, both Trump and Pelosi needs to be sent to the mental institution.
Actually, they can't remove him from office. Basically, the House impeachment is little more than a vote of no confidence, and the start of an investigation in the Senate which might lead to Trump never being able to run for office again - among other things.
Well, technically, even if they did manage to do that, it doesn't really mean that Donald Trump can't run again for president. Honestly, nothing is preventing him to do that because it doesn't really say anywhere in the US Constitution that "a former president that was removed due to orders of impeachment that he/she is disqualified from running for office of the President of the United States again" (if it does, I must of misread it), in order to change this though, both the House and Senate has to pass a bill to add a brand new 28th Amendment into the US Constitution to re-write the rules to be president stating that "if a person in office of the president has been impeached and removed would disqualify them to serve another non-consecutive term", because right now, nothing is prevent him to run in 2024 (or later) (because he still can technically serve 1 more term), but he would only run under the Independent ticket (knowing the Republican Party won't accept him again, and I highly doubt that the Libertarian Party will accept him either), and knowing the whole Duopoly stronghold of the Nation, the chances of Donald Trump winning the 2024 Election (and future Elections after that) under the Independent ticket is slim to none.

Even if Trump isn't Elected in 2024, and we have a candidate that supported Trump win the 2024 Presidential Election, all they can do is pardon Trump, and Trump can run in 2028 or 2032 (That is if, IF Trump is still alive by then). So basically, until they update the Constitution to prevent impeached presidents from serving future 2nd presidential term, we're still not out of the woods of a 2nd Donald Trump presidency.
That is a very well thought out argument, except, there is a clause in the Constitution. It's in the 14th amendment, which was created after the civil war. Section 3 in it clearly states that any government official, if convicted, of participating in, or encouraging, any insurrection, or rebellion, will not be eligible to run for any government office in the future.

Now, where it gets a little vague, is how it's done. It could be in the articles of impeachment, or maybe a simple resolution where a simple majority could pass it, to prevent Trump from running in 2024. We will just have to wait and see when the Senate takes it up.
True, it just depends on what happens, plus also what I mentioned, if whoever wins it in 2024 and they manage to successfully pardon Trump after the Senate does their thing to "prevent him to run for office in the future", which would technically mean that Donald Trump would be eligible to run again for president in 2028 or 2032, but by that time, Trump could be too old (Trump will be 82 in 2028 and 86 in 2032), so even by then if Trump doesn't die of old age, that is also the question.
But like I stated, if Trump does get pardon by whoever wins in 2024 (more in likely a pro-Trump Republican), and he manages to stay alive by then, then he may have a slight chance to maybe serve a 2nd term, but like I said, chances like that is extremely slim to none, he needs to get pardoned first and stay alive by then, which either-or, I just don't see happening.

Who would give him a pardon? He pretty much cheesed off Republicans by not only dividing them, but making them rethink how nutty do they really want to go after what happened with all these radicalized extremists showing up at the capital in his defense over the whole Election was rigged conspiracy he promoted. No wonder Democrats retook the senate - which is all the more reason Republicans are angry at him.

At 1/20/21 03:28 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/20/21 01:55 AM, DarkTacan wrote:

Who would give him a pardon? He pretty much cheesed off Republicans by not only dividing them, but making them rethink how nutty do they really want to go after what happened with all these radicalized extremists showing up at the capital in his defense over the whole Election was rigged conspiracy he promoted. No wonder Democrats retook the senate - which is all the more reason Republicans are angry at him.

That is only "If" he does, but like I said, chances like that is slim to none, meaning it's not going to likely happen, the only, ONLY way Trump can get pardon after what happened, is that someone that supported him becomes president in 2024 (or later) and pardons Trump, but those chances is basically like what? 0.001% of happening, and even after a miracle and he does get pardoned, and he's still alive, and still interested, he will run under a 3rd Party (the Patriot Party), and knowing 3rd Party's history, and the Duopoly's grip in politics, chances of that happening is extremely low.

So, chances of Trump getting pardoned, and becoming president again under his "Patriot Party" is like what... 0.00001% of happening, so basically, it's not going to happen, but the chances if him becoming president again isn't zero though.

At 1/10/21 07:37 PM, LordJaric wrote:
At 1/10/21 07:06 PM, Th-e wrote: Given the time it takes to perform those procedures, impeachment is pointless now.
It can be used so he can never serve a public office ever again, even if it happens after he leaves office.

You could reverse a bankruptcy decision by a judge (maybe he breeched the contract), you could have the IRS seize all his land and give it back to the Nat'l Parks or to native americans or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-30 12:23:46

At 1/30/21 12:20 PM, Yanclae wrote:
At 1/10/21 07:37 PM, LordJaric wrote:
At 1/10/21 07:06 PM, Th-e wrote: Given the time it takes to perform those procedures, impeachment is pointless now.
It can be used so he can never serve a public office ever again, even if it happens after he leaves office.
You could reverse a bankruptcy decision by a judge (maybe he breeched the contract i.e. "TOO BIG TO FAIL" this phrase was contrived by men such as he in order for the public to let him slide), you could have the IRS seize all his land and give it back to the Nat'l Parks or to native americans or something.

BBS Signature

At 1/10/21 10:59 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/10/21 10:50 AM, Yanclae wrote: Why do we have to consider american politics like this why does not congress just decide to inaugurate joe biden early I think there's a lot of stuff that needs a reappraisal
I think that’d be unfair on the people who voted for a Republican government in 2016, as they don’t get a full 4-year term.

@Yanclae, what’s your issue with this post?

BBS Signature

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-31 10:50:28

At 1/30/21 03:51 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/10/21 10:50 AM, Yanclae wrote: Why do we have to consider american politics like this why does not congress just decide to inaugurate joe biden early I think there's a lot of stuff that needs a reappraisal
I think that’d be unfair on the people who voted for a Republican government in 2016, as they don’t get a full 4-year term.

The issue is whether impeachment is the right approach, since it is symbolic and relatively fallow for a congress of america to do. But a lot of the unfair gains he gained might need to be investigated for the sanctity of america. A lot of the financial issues we have in our macroeconomy began through manipulative tactics that he either began or borrowed from the boss tweed era. He is the prideful promulgator of the hostile takeover, he loves to buyout the foreclosed houses of his competitors. None of his gains were rightful, he is the poster child for the "too big to fail" philosophy, and yes probably if someone wanted to, find the facts that support breech of contract and take his assets and holdings away, before he passes it into the house of kushner and a permanent financial trust. Don't let this kind of behaviour fly in an equitable economy, because it makes life harder for everyone.

BBS Signature

At 1/31/21 10:50 AM, Yanclae wrote:
At 1/30/21 03:51 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
The issue is whether impeachment is the right approach, since it is symbolic and relatively fallow for a congress of america to do. But a lot of the unfair gains he gained might need to be investigated for the sanctity of america. A lot of the financial issues we have in our macroeconomy began through manipulative tactics that he either began or borrowed from the boss tweed era. He is the prideful promulgator of the hostile takeover, he loves to buyout the foreclosed houses of his competitors. None of his gains were rightful, he is the poster child for the "too big to fail" philosophy, and yes probably if someone wanted to, find the facts that support breech of contract and take his assets and holdings away, before he passes it into the house of kushner and a permanent financial trust. Don't let this kind of behaviour fly in an equitable economy, because it makes life harder for everyone.

Ok.

Bear in mind that the Republican Party is more than Trump. Regardless of his supposed misdemeanours, it’s not correct to end the Republican party’s term early to make way for an early Biden term.

BBS Signature

Response to Second Impeachment Attempt 2021-01-31 23:00:33

Impeachment stuff is starting pretty soon right? Trump got rid of some of his lawyers iirc. If he were to testify in person I'd piss myself. Highly doubt he'll go through the effort though.

At 1/31/21 10:50 AM, Yanclae wrote: The issue is whether impeachment is the right approach, since it is symbolic and relatively fallow for a congress of america to do.

You're right that it's mostly a symbolic action. The chances of Trump receiving any serious punishment by the end of this are slim to none. Trump is, and has always been, popular in his own party. No way will any sizable amount of Republicans take the risk of pissing off their constituents. Not to mention the fact that Trump is floating the possibility of making a party of his own which will serve as a spoiler for Republicans.

I think it's mainly to set precedent regarding Trump's actions before the capitol riot and put Republicans in a difficult place politically. If they were really hoping for a conviction they'd go through the effort to make it a secret vote. It's all politics.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

At 1/31/21 11:00 PM, DoctorPac wrote: Impeachment stuff is starting pretty soon right? Trump got rid of some of his lawyers iirc. If he were to testify in person I'd piss myself. Highly doubt he'll go through the effort though.

Looks like my dream is dead.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

At 1/31/21 12:09 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Bear in mind that the Republican Party is more than Trump. Regardless of his supposed misdemeanours, it’s not correct to end the Republican party’s term early to make way for an early Biden term.

If all goes well, Joe Biden will set things right and not run for a second term. He needs to restore order and bring the next generation across the finish line so that we can set policy better going forward. When you hear that Donald Trump is still a powerhouse of the Republican Party b/c he was able to collect $290M donations. Remember it's not his only "business", and personally has such bad repayment records on loans and promises to people, it is about $10-$100 Billion. He does not plan to pay off any personal debts if you ask me at all. Okay and HUD is screwed up, a lot of society is so dysfunctional is that you have a lot of white WOMEN silent majority going into islam, fleeing from the onorus mantle of his emotional incapacity and false instructions. Ok because people realise that to try to follow the things he does, or suggests, leads to estrangement, trying to pit 2 individuals against of household of 3, snatchgrab in the moneypot tactics, stealing from any fund like my friend Rich Starzak who emptied out the sunday collection from church into his own pocket. Then stop trying to impeach and realise that as a private citizen, the kind of crimes and activities that could be deemed unscrupulus are like leprosy in an functioning and efficient government beaurocracy.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pressconnects/obituary.aspx?n=richard-edward-starzak&pid=196577083&fhid=13292

BBS Signature