00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Trump is now on Suicide Watch

1,697 Views | 115 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 1/8/21 09:44 PM, Yomuchan wrote: But I suppose I expected as much from someone that calls anything they can't argue against 'a strawman'.

*yawn* OK Boomer

And if you're going to call transparency in virology reports, calling out corrupt local officials in Wuhan who had doctors arrested and even 'disappeared' and a (clearly flawed) emergency quarantine which even Biden agreed with later as 'racism', then that's your problem, not mine.

sounds like you don't even remember what you said lmao


you defended discriminating americans of chinese origin because of the coronavirus


that's called racism


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 21:50:59


At 1/8/21 09:44 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/8/21 09:34 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/8/21 09:15 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/8/21 08:54 PM, Gimmick wrote: Fuck their feelings, free market is as free market does. I'm sure the "small-government" supporters don't want government to interfere in what private businesses can or can't do, right?
>If you dont like it, why dont you make your own website?
<makes own website
>This site hurts my feefees! I'm reporting you to mastercard!
<'thats not fair'
Lol
you don't need to use mastercard

why not use bitcoin?
>If you dont like it, why dont you move to a country that allows this?
<moves to a free country
>NOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO MAINTAIN WEBSITES THAT DISAGREE WITH MY NARRATIVE! I'LL DEPLATFORM YOU FROM OUR MERCHANT SERVICE NETWORK!
nice strawman
<'that's not fair'
>If you dont like it, why dont you make your merchant service?
nice strawman x2
<makes own merchant service
>NOOOOOO PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME SHOULDN'T HAVE MONEY I REPORT U TO DA BANKS!
nice strawman x3
<'thats not fair'
>If you dont like it, why dont you make your own bank?
nice strawman x4
<makes own bank
>HOW DARE YOU HAVE SPEECH THAT I DISAGREE WITH!? INSURRECTION! TERRORISM! A COUP! OTHER BUZZWORDS! I'll have your site flooded with illegal sexual materials that I'm somehow allowed to own legally and reported to MATCH!
nice strawman x5
<'thats not fair'
>If you dont like it, why dont you make your own fiat currency-backed banking network?
nice strawman x6
<makes own fiat currency-backed banking network
>The yankee uniparty loses their shit and accuses you of being a terrorist/WMD/something.
nice strawman x7
<'thats not fair'
>If you dont like it, why dont you make your own internet?
nice strawman x8
<makes own internet
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
nice strawman x9
Don't be naive. The so-called 'free market' isn't free.
expected as much from a guy who thinks racism is an appropriate means of handling the coronavirus
You raise some good points back at the beginning. But I suppose I expected as much from someone that calls anything they can't argue against 'a strawman'.

And if you're going to call transparency in virology reports, calling out corrupt local officials in Wuhan who had doctors arrested and even 'disappeared' and a (clearly flawed) emergency quarantine which even Biden agreed with later as 'racism', then that's your problem, not mine.


let's get back on topic...Gimmick raises an interesting point.


Is Twitter too large of a platform to have full sovereignty?

Meaning should the government intervene if the website sensors politicians like Trump & deletes his account for dubious reasons? Should the SJW Twitter mods be cancelled- no, at worst face fines & penalties?

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:04:16


If he's not dead by the end of January, justice doesn't exist


BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:07:21


At 1/8/21 08:00 PM, S3C wrote: why now? especially after he made a fair and well-mannered concession speech following his 12 hour ban. Hopefully Twitter is willing to make amends if the Donald apologizes.
#freetrump

and while we are at it.

#freechronamut

After he was forced to give a shit speech then immediately went back to twitter terrorism


After he used the platform to incite a riot


Twitter has a rightist agenda and always had but you have to shutdown literal nazis inciting insurrections in the capitol to save face


BBS Signature

At 1/8/21 09:50 PM, S3C wrote: let's get back on topic...Gimmick raises an interesting point.

Is Twitter too large of a platform to have full sovereignty?
Meaning should the government intervene if the website sensors politicians like Trump & deletes his account for dubious reasons? Should the SJW Twitter mods be cancelled- no, at worst face fines & penalties?


He does. Damn shame him having to devolve to feeble insults when it's clear he can't argue against what I say, though. I remember being for stricter quarantines and security checks early on when this thing started out and saying Trump's travel ban was half-baked, at best. I'm pretty sure he's misremembering. Or maybe my support for Taiwan is racist or something.


Also, Uncle Tom is a hero. My thanks, Gimmick - but I'm not worthy of such an esteemed title yet.


-


Twatter's moderation is excessively biased. They're okay with people on 'the right side of history' making death threats, engaging in gangstalking of individuals and they only go after people they think they can get away with harassing, but stay clear of irking truly dangerous individuals with 'fact checks' and 'suspensions' with the sort of money, power and ruthlessness to mount an actual terrorist attack against their corporate assets. I believe that failbook and twatter banning old man Trump and apple threatening to delist parler, etc etc are only taking these actions now when they know there's no risk of regulatory retaliation from the next congress and president.


Also, twitter's in hot water because of a feature they hocked to users. Long story short, they let users post gifs via an integrated system that picks out gifs by search terms, then DMCAlocks their accounts for it.


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:24:27


At 1/8/21 10:09 PM, Yomuchan wrote: Twatter's moderation is excessively biased. They're okay with people on 'the right side of history' making death threats, engaging in gangstalking of individuals and they only go after people they think they can get away with harassing, but stay clear of irking truly dangerous individuals with 'fact checks' and 'suspensions' with the sort of money, power and ruthlessness to mount an actual terrorist attack against their corporate assets. I believe that failbook and twatter banning old man Trump and apple threatening to delist parler, etc etc are only taking these actions now when they know there's no risk of regulatory retaliation from the next congress and president.


Ok, Twitter is biased- but the ultimate question is, as a massive albeit private business should they be allowed to operate in such a manner? Should the the government intervene when large platforms that serve the entire populace excessively act in bad faith?


At 1/8/21 10:07 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 1/8/21 08:00 PM, S3C wrote: why now? especially after he made a fair and well-mannered concession speech following his 12 hour ban. Hopefully Twitter is willing to make amends if the Donald apologizes.
#freetrump

and while we are at it.

#freechronamut
After he was forced to give a shit speech then immediately went back to twitter terrorism

After he used the platform to incite a riot


source? I thought anything he did to incite a riot was before his 12 hour ban.


Twitter has a rightist agenda and always had


how so


Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:33:42


At 1/8/21 10:24 PM, S3C wrote:
At 1/8/21 10:09 PM, Yomuchan wrote: Twatter's moderation is excessively biased. They're okay with people on 'the right side of history' making death threats, engaging in gangstalking of individuals and they only go after people they think they can get away with harassing, but stay clear of irking truly dangerous individuals with 'fact checks' and 'suspensions' with the sort of money, power and ruthlessness to mount an actual terrorist attack against their corporate assets. I believe that failbook and twatter banning old man Trump and apple threatening to delist parler, etc etc are only taking these actions now when they know there's no risk of regulatory retaliation from the next congress and president.
Ok, Twitter is biased- but the ultimate question is, as a massive albeit private business should they be allowed to operate in such a manner? Should the the government intervene when large platforms that serve the entire populace excessively act in bad faith?

At 1/8/21 10:07 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 1/8/21 08:00 PM, S3C wrote: why now? especially after he made a fair and well-mannered concession speech following his 12 hour ban. Hopefully Twitter is willing to make amends if the Donald apologizes.
#freetrump

and while we are at it.

#freechronamut
After he was forced to give a shit speech then immediately went back to twitter terrorism

After he used the platform to incite a riot
source? I thought anything he did to incite a riot was before his 12 hour ban.

Twitter has a rightist agenda and always had
how so

Sure, leftists use the platform a lot. But try posting ANYTHING extremist with a leftist slant. You have to Trump for 4 years to catch the same deplatforming a liberap does in his first week of edge posting. Sane goes for fb and instagram.


BBS Signature

At 1/8/21 10:24 PM, S3C wrote: Ok, Twitter is biased- but the ultimate question is, as a massive albeit private business should they be allowed to operate in such a manner? Should the the government intervene when large platforms that serve the entire populace excessively act in bad faith?


For example; if a private business hacked into the emergency message service and falsely claimed that north Korea had launched ICBMs at the US mainland, they should be held responsible for the chaos that ensued. Them being a private company does not protect them when they do something illegal.


On a similar vein, I believe the government should reduce entry barriers to running such a business to foment healthy competition by passing clear laws instead of the purposefully vague garbage they pass today with bipartisan support, and regulate clearly bad-faith attempts to create such a monopoly, as they did with Ma Bell back in the day. And when twitter moderation ignores and even enables illegal activities such as gangstalking and mass-flooding with illegal sexual materials, the government should enforce harsh interventions because such things are against the law.


And twatter and/or their corporate owners decide what's false or misleading now - not facts, not studies, not evidence. Very convenient for an entity trying to manipulate public opinion, isn't it?


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:38:09


iu_222474_6715108.jpg


YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 22:47:07


At 1/8/21 10:37 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/8/21 10:24 PM, S3C wrote: Ok, Twitter is biased- but the ultimate question is, as a massive albeit private business should they be allowed to operate in such a manner? Should the the government intervene when large platforms that serve the entire populace excessively act in bad faith?
For example; if a private business hacked into the emergency message service and falsely claimed that north Korea had launched ICBMs at the US mainland, they should be held responsible for the chaos that ensued. Them being a private company does not protect them when they do something illegal.

On a similar vein, I believe the government should reduce entry barriers to running such a business to foment healthy competition by passing clear laws instead of the purposefully vague garbage they pass today with bipartisan support, and regulate clearly bad-faith attempts to enforce such a monopoly, as they did with Ma Bell back in the day. And when twitter moderation ignores and even enables illegal activities such as gangstalking and mass-flooding with illegal sexual materials, the government should enforce harsh interventions because such things are against the law.


Well, these are clear examples of illegal activity. I don't think it directly pertains to the question I posed, but I may just not be fully understanding you.

Organizing a violent conspiracy or gangstalking on a private website is illegal.

Banning a user on a private website, without reason, isn't illegal AFAIK.

The latter may seem harmless but may have grand implications when it's a site that services the entire populace and is used by vetted public officials.

Should the government intervene in situations like this, independent from the illegal activities you mention?


At 1/8/21 10:47 PM, S3C wrote:
At 1/8/21 10:37 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/8/21 10:24 PM, S3C wrote: Ok, Twitter is biased- but the ultimate question is, as a massive albeit private business should they be allowed to operate in such a manner? Should the the government intervene when large platforms that serve the entire populace excessively act in bad faith?
For example; if a private business hacked into the emergency message service and falsely claimed that north Korea had launched ICBMs at the US mainland, they should be held responsible for the chaos that ensued. Them being a private company does not protect them when they do something illegal.

On a similar vein, I believe the government should reduce entry barriers to running such a business to foment healthy competition by passing clear laws instead of the purposefully vague garbage they pass today with bipartisan support, and regulate clearly bad-faith attempts to enforce such a monopoly, as they did with Ma Bell back in the day. And when twitter moderation ignores and even enables illegal activities such as gangstalking and mass-flooding with illegal sexual materials, the government should enforce harsh interventions because such things are against the law.
Well, these are clear examples of illegal activity. I don't think it directly pertains to the question I posed, but I may just not be fully understanding you.
Organizing a violent conspiracy or gangstalking on a private website is illegal.
Banning a user on a private website, without reason, isn't illegal AFAIK.
The latter may seem harmless but may have grand implications when it's a site that services the entire populace and is used by vetted public officials.
Should the government intervene in situations like this, independent from the illegal activities you mention?


Oh, okay. I misunderstood the question. Sorry 'bout that.


In my opinion, government officials shouldn't even be using something run by individuals who engage in discriminatory policing, openly permit calls for violence against who they deem 'political undesirables' and see themselves as 'arbiters of truth'. I agree that banning a user on a private website, at its base isn't 'a federal crime' worthy of government intervention. However, using vague rules and discriminatory reasoning to locking users out of their own accounts over an arbitrary decision is a sleazeball move - especially if the user has no recourse to data recovery or even appeal this decision. This is particularly dangerous - a private company should not be censoring government officials due to political bias. This is wrong even if a (AU?)right-wing twitter purposefully censors a left-leaning president's account just because their right-wing moderators don't like 'left-leaning individuals'.


That's why the government should be using their own, open-source system with clear public access - and allow a proper free market to operate by reducing entry barriers to people seeking to run such alternatives without fear of being driven off the 'net by mass fraud campaigns organized on twitter/facebook/other social media or embargoes on financial transactions put into placed by politicized banking services.


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-08 23:56:00


They even banned his Neopets account.


iu_222516_6599896.jpg


BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 02:10:17


At 1/8/21 08:50 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/8/21 08:43 PM, Zymbot wrote: The media is really laying it on thick.

Talking about how "sacred" the Capitol is. Dude, this is the same place where the politicians gather to decide sending drones to drop bombs on civilians.
Disgusting.

That's where congress meets, right? Given their dismal approval rating (a whopping 18% as of writing!), it's only fair that citizens have the right to legally show up and protest non-violently. Politicians are not an aristocratic class, they're supposed to represent the people.


Except it wasn't non-violent, oops!


Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 02:27:29


iu_222564_779242.png


Regular updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 03:46:12


At 1/9/21 02:10 AM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote: Except it wasn't non-violent, oops!


lmao and that rules


look at this pathetic defender of ghouls getting what he deserves


iu_222582_1486208.jpg


please don't crush my internal organs!


𓌂

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 05:35:06


At 1/8/21 09:34 PM, Jatmoz wrote: Funny idea: Trump, bummed with the way the mainstream social media sites treat him, makes a Newgrounds account and start posting frequently in the Politics forum.


Can we really be sure he isn't on there already

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 09:19:51


Oh,nice... the google play style has suspended the Parlor app... What social media platforms does he have left?

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 09:24:08


At 1/9/21 09:19 AM, argile wrote: Oh,nice... the google play style has suspended the Parlor app... What social media platforms does he have left?


Newgrounds.


Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 10:14:32


As an opponent of both Trump and suicide prevention, I must criticise this.


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 11:27:21


At 1/9/21 02:10 AM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote: Except it wasn't non-violent, oops!


Yeah, some spook tried to fire at armed police but since we all know they're chickens who can't shoot people who can shoot back, he went for the unarmed individual. Hey, if government-sponsored death squads summarily executing citizens for wrongthink are now a thing, I can see how it can start off a violent chain-reaction in an otherwise peaceful protest.


Also, at ~18% approval rating, thats the sort of numbers that gets angry mobs on the front door of the government in my politics simulations. I'm glad they weren't as brutal as the media's making them out to be. I was thinking they'd shoot down the escape choppers with makeshift bolos, guillotine those career politicians and pour all the tea in Congress into the Boston harbor for absolutely no reason.


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.


At 1/8/21 10:09 PM, Yomuchan wrote: He does. Damn shame him having to devolve to feeble insults when it's clear he can't argue against what I say, though. I remember being for stricter quarantines and security checks early on when this thing started out and saying Trump's travel ban was half-baked, at best. I'm pretty sure he's misremembering. Or maybe my support for Taiwan is racist or something.

Stop your fucking gaslighting. I'm referring to this post, more specifically this section:


The travel bans were called 'an outrage!', attempts at initial safety precautions were mocked, and the list goes on.

"initial safety precautions" such as:

  • avoiding chinatown specifically because China
  • discriminating against people of chinese origin
  • discriminating against chinese owned businesses
  • targeting chinese people

Sure. Fuck off.


Also, Uncle Tom is a hero. My thanks, Gimmick - but I'm not worthy of such an esteemed title yet.

I removed it because I misunderstood the definition of the term uncle tom, not because I regretted calling you that. My intention was more of a term that referred to "that racist uncle everyone has", and I mistakenly assumed that the "tom" in "uncle tom" refers to that person. Shame on me for not knowing US history fully.


I'd appreciate it if you quoted me rather than mentioning offhandedly so my silence makes it look like I have no way to counter, when in actuality I don't follow any threads and cba to check up on the majority of threads with no direct replies

Twatter's moderation is excessively biased. They're okay with people on 'the right side of history' making death threats, engaging in gangstalking of individuals and they only go after people they think they can get away with harassing,

Please give me an example of these people they let get away with making death threats. And I'm not talking about your average Joe Nobody in rural Fuckwit County. Which person of prominence has made death threats, incitements of violence, etc. and gotten away with it?


Not even Trump, because he's been banned. Did it take far too long? Abso-fucking-lutely. Did he get away with it? No.

but stay clear of irking truly dangerous individuals with 'fact checks' and 'suspensions' with the sort of money, power and ruthlessness to mount an actual terrorist attack against their corporate assets.

And who are these 'truly dangerous' individuals? Trump?


Lemme guess, iTs AnTiFa

I believe that failbook and twatter banning old man Trump and apple threatening to delist parler, etc etc are only taking these actions now when they know there's no risk of regulatory retaliation from the next congress and president.

Yeah because they're not going to be dealing with a manchild in charge of the country who lashes out against private companies.


Reminder that this is the guy whose party lives for "small government", trying to interfere in private businesses. I guess libertarians on that side of the aisle only like small government when it benefits them.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 14:42:05


At 1/9/21 09:19 AM, argile wrote: Oh,nice... the google play style has suspended the Parlor app... What social media platforms does he have left?


ironically MySpace...which is opened by Fox


At 1/9/21 02:18 PM, Gimmick wrote: Stop your fucking gaslighting. I'm referring to this post, more specifically this section:
"initial safety precautions" such as:
Sure. Fuck off.

Your political heads called it xenophobic and racist with these unjustified claims, then when proved wrong - agreed that more should have been done. You stop gaslighting. Or parroting CCP propaganda.


I removed it because I misunderstood the definition of the term uncle tom, not because I regretted calling you that. My intention was more of a term that referred to "that racist uncle everyone has", and I mistakenly assumed that the "tom" in "uncle tom" refers to that person. Shame on me for not knowing US history fully.


Yeah, learn some history and stop following whatever the trendsetters do. Good call. Huehuehuehue.


I'd appreciate it if you quoted me rather than mentioning offhandedly so my silence makes it look like I have no way to counter, when in actuality I don't follow any threads and cba to check up on the majority of threads with no direct replies


The subject was changed by someone willing to debate honestly, and I really thought you really weren't worth my time.


Please give me an example of these people they let get away with making death threats. And I'm not talking about your average Joe Nobody in rural Fuckwit County. Which person of prominence has made death threats, incitements of violence, etc. and gotten away with it?


Nice goalpost moving. So it seems certain people DO get away with breaking twitter laws if they're a 'certain group' that you arbitrarily decide on, huh? Real interesting.


Lemme guess, iTs AnTiFa

Its on them for becoming the very fascists they claim to hate. They're the equivalent of taking selfies on a spyphone while engaging in rape and murder, then whining about it when they get caught. State-sponsored terrorists become rather easy to take down when their finances run dry. Even BLM is slowly realizing this - those "#resistance" chumps were had by an establishment that thrives on causing war. And if you're gonna parrot their lies, you're just another brick in the blood-spattered wall.


Yeah because they're not going to be dealing with a manchild in charge of the country who lashes out against private companies.

Reminder that this is the guy whose party lives for "small government", trying to interfere in private businesses. I guess libertarians on that side of the aisle only like small government when it benefits them.


Maybe private companies shouldn't be discriminating against people, 'lashing out' and judging them by their own political beliefs and selectively enforcing their own laws while pretending to be arbiters of truth. People have the right to boycott, and start alternative services without big corporate lobbyists stopping them. Or, are you one of those people who claim corporations should have higher-level access to human rights than actual human beings?


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.


At 1/9/21 03:07 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/9/21 02:18 PM, Gimmick wrote: Stop your fucking gaslighting. I'm referring to this post, more specifically this section:
"initial safety precautions" such as:
Sure. Fuck off.
Your political heads called it xenophobic and racist with these unjustified claims, then when proved wrong - agreed that more should have been done. You stop gaslighting. Or parroting CCP propaganda.

Surprise surprise, racism is called out as racism.


Or is it racism only when the people you disagree with do it?

Yeah, learn some history and stop following whatever the trendsetters do. Good call. Huehuehuehue.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I looked up "uncle tom" on google, saw a concise definition on wikipedia, misunderstood the meaning from the concise form, looked it up and saw that it was the opposite. Are you trying to say people shouldn't make mistakes? Or that it's wrong to admit to a mistake? Because you don't seem to have the werewithal to admit to making mistakes, just tossing snark around like a fucking cave troll.


The subject was changed by someone willing to debate honestly, and I really thought you really weren't worth my time.

So why are you still replying to me?

Nice goalpost moving. So it seems certain people DO get away with breaking twitter laws if they're a 'certain group' that you arbitrarily decide on, huh? Real interesting.

You're a fucking dumbass. Let me know when you can force private companies to root out such views from its platform without resorting to expensive mass surveillance. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts you think the CCP's surveillance is bad too.


Its on them for becoming the very fascists they claim to hate.

I can't be bothered to read your alternative-reality trash. Legitimate sources or gtfo.

Maybe private companies shouldn't be discriminating against people, 'lashing out' and judging them by their own political beliefs and selectively enforcing their own laws while pretending to be arbiters of truth.

So I take it you want the government to have a say in what private businesses can do on a whim.


Okay commie.

People have the right to boycott, and start alternative services without big corporate lobbyists stopping them.

And nobody's stopping them now are they? Corporations aren't obligated to provide a platform to everyone.

Or, are you one of those people who claim corporations should have higher-level access to human rights than actual human beings?

You sure sound like one, with your calls for enforcing rules on select sets of the population but not others.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 15:20:12


Can we hunt the mad lad or mad lassie who pulled this off and give him or her an award oh wait no some people would take that too seriously


I’m not A Role good model

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 17:06:01


I understand the private companies can do whatever they want within the confines of their websites but it seems incredibly fucked up that sites as large as Facebook and Twitter, which essentially function like the town squares of yesteryear, can just arbitrarily choose to silence whoever they want


speedycat sure is speedy!

BBS Signature

At 1/9/21 03:17 PM, Gimmick wrote: Surprise surprise, racism is called out as racism.

Or is it racism only when the people you disagree with do it?


I guess you believe that a travel ban to give time for proper quarantine procedures is racist. Your politicians needed money, and called any reasonable effort to stop a pandemic 'racism' and any talk about what was emerging from Wuhan as a 'racist boogeyman conspiracy theory'. It seems your definition of racism is whatever you make up that makes you feel comfortable as a self-appointed 'arbiter of facts'.


Now don't try that shit in Taiwan, lol.


I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I looked up "uncle tom" on google, saw a concise definition on wikipedia, misunderstood the meaning from the concise form, looked it up and saw that it was the opposite. Are you trying to say people shouldn't make mistakes? Or that it's wrong to admit to a mistake? Because you don't seem to have the werewithal to admit to making mistakes, just tossing snark around like a fucking cave troll.

Neither. I was just asking you to stop being a vapid trend-follower. It makes you look stupid when you try to act tough on the internet. Oh, and do be careful when you try to champion the character of Uncle Tom as a hero. You might get called a 'racist'. huehuehuehuehue


So why are you still replying to me?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


You're a fucking dumbass. Let me know when you can force private companies to root out such views from its platform without resorting to expensive mass surveillance. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts you think the CCP's surveillance is bad too.

No need for it. Your private corporations should not be immune to government intervention when they're enabling crime and looking the other way when 'certain people' do it. And when you try to sound tough on the internet, I know your argument's running thin. Keep at it.


I can't be bothered to read your alternative-reality trash. Legitimate sources or gtfo.

Useful idiots get discarded first, as BLM proved. Live in your world of denial if you must, but when organizations like that enable real-world crimes... well, don't whine when those naive, wannabe corporate stooges get thrown under the proverbial bus by genre-savvy politicians who use and discard people like them with ease.


So I take it you want the government to have a say in what private businesses can do on a whim.

Okay commie.

I guess you can't even read my prior responses to S3C's questions and need to sling insults because that's all you got. Oh, and if a private business does hack into the emergency broadcast system to broadcast a hoax that causes panic buying and other chaos, they should be held responsible and the government should have a say in how they should be punished.


And nobody's stopping them now are they? Corporations aren't obligated to provide a platform to everyone.

I see you have no idea what lobbyists are doing in your country with their consolidated monopoly system.


You sure sound like one, with your calls for enforcing rules on select sets of the population but not others.

Which is what twitter staff are doing. Go ahead and deny it if you like, but that's reality.


Well, you stay in your li'l reality bubble and keep denying the real world while reality itself marches onwards. Just remember - once your orange-colored boogeyman is 'unpersoned', the #resistance'll start eating their own in a comical, self-destructive purity spiral while they get culled by their leash-holders. Now that's gonna be good fun to watch.


At 1/9/21 05:06 PM, xpnc wrote: I understand the private companies can do whatever they want within the confines of their websites but it seems incredibly fucked up that sites as large as Facebook and Twitter, which essentially function like the town squares of yesteryear, can just arbitrarily choose to silence whoever they want


I agree. Furthermore, private companies have no business trying to police individual opinion spoken offsite.


I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 17:35:12


It's an incredibly fucked up world where people think that silencing anyone is a good thing. Fucking morons.

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 17:52:22


At 1/9/21 05:06 PM, xpnc wrote: I understand the private companies can do whatever they want within the confines of their websites but it seems incredibly fucked up that sites as large as Facebook and Twitter, which essentially function like the town squares of yesteryear, can just arbitrarily choose to silence whoever they want


You could silence people of yesteryear in town squares, infact, they did. Women got branded as witches if they were to vocal about a subject that upset the power structure, it wasn't because they actually believed in witchcraft, it was a way to get rid of problematic people.


Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Trump is now on Suicide Watch 2021-01-09 18:22:43


At 1/9/21 05:52 PM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote:
At 1/9/21 05:06 PM, xpnc wrote: I understand the private companies can do whatever they want within the confines of their websites but it seems incredibly fucked up that sites as large as Facebook and Twitter, which essentially function like the town squares of yesteryear, can just arbitrarily choose to silence whoever they want
You could silence people of yesteryear in town squares, infact, they did. Women got branded as witches if they were to vocal about a subject that upset the power structure, it wasn't because they actually believed in witchcraft, it was a way to get rid of problematic people.


Did you just compare silencing people today to burning witches? You must suffer from brain trauma.


BBS Signature