00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

BRAINFUCK GAMES

279 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

BRAINFUCK GAMES 2020-12-27 17:27:52

I've been writing some games in the programming language Brainfuck, and I wanted to know what you all thought of them.

~~~~~~~~~~

The first Brainfuck game I ever programmed was an extremely simple text based adventure game with only two options and two endings. It was called The Vampire. It's basically a glorified "if else" statement but it was the best I could do at the time.

After that, I programmed an engine/tool that allowed anyone to make simple, text based adventures. The games that can be made in the engine have to be as simple as The Vampire, (options are either correct or incorrect.) but can be much longer. The engine is best used for true or false quizzes. You can click here to try it.

There's also an Example Game I made to demonstrate what you can do with the engine.

(This program was made with the help of the Copy.sh text to Brainfuck tool, because it's a lot better than the one I wrote.)

My latest game is the best one yet. It's a Number Guessing Game. The computer thinks of a "random" number, and you have to guess it. If you want to know how it works and spoil most of the fun you would get from it, you can click here to find out how it works.

(There's also a code golfed version of it that I made so you can see the main code more clearly, without most of the massive text printing code.)

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, those are all the games I've made so far!

You can check out my other programming projects here.