00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab

1,781 Views | 22 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @AllSeeingHat!

AllSeeingHat has been drawing on an iPad that is so old it can’t even run Procreate. He’s a big fan of Studio Trigger and hopes to find a career in art and animation, particularly video games. This new tablet will help him get there!

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

Blob Farm by @virtualtoy puts you in charge of managing a farm full of blobs and danger. How long can you last before too many blobs have come to an unfortunate end? Virtualtoy made Flash games from 2004 through 2015, having most recently shared some music two years ago. The music itself was 15 years old when he uploaded it. Blob Farm turned 16 this week!

Drawing Tablet Giveaway Background

Newgrounds is hosting a 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @MrChambers, @53xy83457 and @AKA-38CAUTION. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Flash Preservation Background

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and occasional new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Community News

@Cleod-9 is hosting a Fraymakers Art Contest!

@Xinxinix is hosting a Secret Santa Art Trade!

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@VoicesByCorey organized The Newgrounds Voice Acting Collab, currently featured in the big box on the front page with art by @NickSenny! You may know Nick’s voice from OCCUPIED.

Read today’s issue of The Tank Tribune! New releases have been moved to Mondays.

The XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 was on sale for $56 this past week and we managed to send out 35 tablets before the price returned to $70. At ~$60 per tablet after tax, we were gunning to send out at least 30 more.

I’m slowing down orders this week while I revisit existing candidates and give time for new candidates to emerge. There’s a coupon checkbox on Amazon for 20% off, so hopefully we can keep getting them at the reduced price, otherwise I’ll experiment with Honey (coupon extension suggested by @Squidly) to try and maximize how many tablets we can send out.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 11:20:06

Thanks so much for the shout out to the collab, Tom! Hopefully with these giveaways, more individuals can show their talents in the art portal, I know some of those like Sab gained a tablet from one of NGs earlier giveaways to get them their start. Can we donate money to go towards the tablets still? I assume we use this link https://www.newgrounds.com/supporter?donate

The knocking will not stop until they make their way to the top

Listen to the Open Door Policy

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 11:26:35

At 11/30/20 11:20 AM, NickSenny wrote: Thanks so much for the shout out to the collab, Tom! Hopefully with these giveaways, more individuals can show their talents in the art portal, I know some of those like Sab gained a tablet from one of NGs earlier giveaways to get them their start. Can we donate money to go towards the tablets still? I assume we use this link https://www.newgrounds.com/supporter?donate

Yup, that's the link!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 11:33:16

*Puts peer pressure on Tom to listen to the VA Collab in it's fullest*

What are your favorite skits from the VA Collab Tom?

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 11:33:42

Cool, just sent one in. Looking forward to seeing the next winner!

The knocking will not stop until they make their way to the top

Listen to the Open Door Policy

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 12:40:05

Glad to participate regardless. Love what yall are doin.

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 13:02:09

Many thanks again for the tablet! Been practicing every day on it.

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 13:18:40

Thank you for supporting the collaboration and allowing us to have some face time on the front page Tom!!! You’re the best! :D

You need a voice? I got one for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 13:23:44

Yo congrats on the winners!

also holy FUCK 35 tablets??? I’m glad there will be many talented individuals out there getting a brand new tablet, You’re all and amazing person

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 14:35:00

How much money have you spent on the tablets?

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 14:49:39

At 11/30/20 02:35 PM, GotDamnitWegra wrote: How much money have you spent on the tablets?

Roughly $2100 so far but we've gotten a ton of community support which is why we can do a lot this year.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 16:38:46

Congrats, @AllSeeingHat! :D

May you follow your dreams and make great things. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 16:53:24

congrats on tablet! bump this up cause this is the first post. thnx hon

None

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-11-30 23:08:22

@TomFulp thanks for promoting the voice acting collab! It's been a lot of fun. It's amazing how many views it's getting so fast! Also I think it's hilarious how almost every time you promote The Tank Tribune you manage to get its name wrong in a hilarious way. We love you Tom haha ❤️

New Piercing Lazer singles "Trickster's Ambition" and "Homeless" now on BandCamp, Itunes, and other online stores!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-01 03:13:37

Congratulations to all the winners!

Your life is not a lie, please grow up, and stop pretending you didn’t steal my can of Pepsi.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-01 08:13:20

At 11/30/20 11:08 PM, JohnnyGuy wrote: @TomFulp thanks for promoting the voice acting collab! It's been a lot of fun. It's amazing how many views it's getting so fast! Also I think it's hilarious how almost every time you promote The Tank Tribune you manage to get its name wrong in a hilarious way. We love you Tom haha ❤️

omg that’s a brain bug where I always type tribute because the only time I ever type tribune is when writing about The Tank Tribune. I also have a hard time typing “support” by itself, I always add an ER at the end and have to remove it.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-01 09:11:22

At 12/1/20 08:13 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/30/20 11:08 PM, JohnnyGuy wrote: @TomFulp thanks for promoting the voice acting collab! It's been a lot of fun. It's amazing how many views it's getting so fast! Also I think it's hilarious how almost every time you promote The Tank Tribune you manage to get its name wrong in a hilarious way. We love you Tom haha ❤️
omg that’s a brain bug where I always type tribute because the only time I ever type tribune is when writing about The Tank Tribune. I also have a hard time typing “support” by itself, I always add an ER at the end and have to remove it.

Haha all good. I just thought it was funny.

New Piercing Lazer singles "Trickster's Ambition" and "Homeless" now on BandCamp, Itunes, and other online stores!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-01 11:02:23

This is so cool!! Love Newgrounds because of this kind of stuff!

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-06 13:26:29

Congrats on that tablet @AllSeeingHat!

And Blob Farm was awesome too. XD Wasn't expecting to see that one here.

Woaah 35 tablets... guess these showcases are all retrospective now then? And a looot to go...

The latest: Hexa #64 (Dec)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-06 14:51:46

No ones' probably even gonna look at this post by now, but here's the progress I've made on my tablet in just a little over a week (first drawing was on 11/26/20). Still super thankful for receiving this thing. It's gonna open up a lot of opportunities for me. Again, thanks so much!

iu_205160_7909605.jpg

iu_205159_7909605.jpg

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-06 15:35:20

At 12/6/20 02:51 PM, AllSeeingHat wrote: No ones' probably even gonna look at this post by now, but here's the progress I've made on my tablet in just a little over a week (first drawing was on 11/26/20). Still super thankful for receiving this thing. It's gonna open up a lot of opportunities for me. Again, thanks so much!

That's great progress, thanks for sharing it!

BBS Signature

At 12/6/20 02:51 PM, AllSeeingHat wrote: No ones' probably even gonna look at this post by now, but here's the progress I've made on my tablet in just a little over a week (first drawing was on 11/26/20). Still super thankful for receiving this thing. It's gonna open up a lot of opportunities for me. Again, thanks so much!

This is awesome. :) Feels like getting an exclusive doodle reward checking back and finding this now.

Also feels like I'm somewhat interrupting a personal show of appreciation for the Tom and only...

The latest: Hexa #64 (Dec)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #7 + VA Collab 2020-12-18 03:50:52

Congrats to @AllSeeingHat for winning the Drawing Tablet.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature