00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Hi! I’m here waving at you this weekend because we’re hoping to continue to move Newgrounds away from ads. If you have $3 per month or $25 per year to spare, please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels

1,760 Views | 12 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @tanzaniterush!

Tanzaniterush has been drawing on mobile and wants to work on desktop. This is something we’ve seen a lot of this year; artists are getting their start on mobile devices but ultimately want to work with a larger surface area and software that isn’t available in the mobile ecosystem.

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

Before finding fame with Happy Wheels, Jim Bonacci aka @Totaljerkface wowed us with a creepy walk ‘n gun about a priest battling the undead. Divine Intervention was a hard game in 2003 and only got harder; in 2005 Jim increased the framerate, part of a trick to give Flash more resources and run the game with less lag. Now in 2020, Divine Intervention is running at full frame-rate and is very likely impossible. I recommend clicking the Options menu and enabling the “all guns at start” cheat - it will give you a fighting chance.

My other memories of Jim are having a beer with him at Barcade Brooklyn and his crazy motorized Happy Wheels promo billboard at PAX in Boston, back when we were allowed to assemble in the real world.

Drawing Tablet Giveaway Background

Newgrounds is hosting a 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds. Especially animation; we’d love to help more growing animators!

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @MrChambers, @53xy83457 and @AKA-38CAUTION. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Flash Preservation Background

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and occasional new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Community News

@Cleod-9 is hosting a Fraymakers Art Contest!

@Xinxinix is hosting a Secret Santa Art Trade!

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@BoyPorcelain is Looking for Voice Actors! He’s super talented, get on that train.

January 23rd will be the sixth annual Pixel Day here on NG! If you would like to contribute to our prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can specify if you want your money to go towards art, animation, games or music, otherwise we’ll spread it around wherever works best.

Shout out to @53xy83457, our first Pixel Day prize sponsor!

Here are some highlights from the last Pixel Day:

And here’s a cool International Pixel Art Gallery, with pixel art from around the world!

Also this

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 13:03:25

First post. Suck it, @Luis.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 13:33:34

At 11/29/20 01:03 PM, DamnedByFate wrote: First post. Suck it, @Luis.

Bro, why

My Newgrounds Profile

(Art thread)

https://discord.gg/gk8kmfn (My Discord)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 13:38:13

At 11/29/20 01:33 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote:
Bro, why

You know, sometimes when I'm drunk I make mistakes…

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 13:40:24

At 11/29/20 01:38 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 11/29/20 01:33 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote:
Bro, why
You know, sometimes when I'm drunk I make mistakes…

I see people drunk but not this drunk.

My Newgrounds Profile

(Art thread)

https://discord.gg/gk8kmfn (My Discord)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 15:15:17

Stop. You know I like first posts.

None

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 15:30:45

I just wanna say it's really awsome how you guys are helping out artist like this. Congrats to you guys!

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-29 16:12:42

Man I wonder how many tablets does the staff have? Well congrats to the winners.

Man I remember playing this game, it was hard to keep the infected off of you in the game, if you had novice experience in gaming, it would be difficult.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-30 00:04:51

That last one gave me anxiety for life.

Your life is not a lie, please grow up, and stop pretending you didn’t steal my can of Pepsi.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-30 01:55:19

Divine Intervention is such a classic. Had a lot of fun on that game once I managed to figure out how to survive for longer than half of one second.

Windmill Windmill for the land

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-11-30 06:42:55

This is so great!! :D

Congrats on the tablet @tanzaniterush! Stationary's the way to go, hell yeah!!! And awesome art so far.

As for the nostalgic pick of the day I remember Divine Intervention pt. 1 fondly. At the time I reviewed it I apparently considered it the second best game I'd ever played, wonder what the first one was now... never did get to play a pt. 2 there though hmm, wonder what happened to that...

I don't remember the game being that hard though, suppose I might've played it before those subsequent frame rate jumps; possibly with added lag and/or connectivity issues as to make things even easier... hesitant to give it another play now in case the game doesn't fully match my initial impressions and/or it really is impossible now. But such a great memory. Nice with some more backstory regarding the maker too.

Here's hoping the world allows real-life assembly within a foreseeable future!

And gotta love pixels.

The latest: Hexa #64 (Dec)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #6 and More Pixels 2020-12-10 00:26:33

Congrats to @tanzaniterush for winning the tablet. Divine Intervention was a fun game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature