00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving!

1,970 Views | 18 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for all the support NG has received this year, making so many cool events possible, including our drawing tablet giveaway!

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @DoctorGrambo!

DoctorGrambo has been using a tiny old tablet to participate in events like the Spooktacular, the Neo Geo Jam and the Among Us Jam. We’re gonna broaden his horizons in 2021 with a bigger, better tablet!

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

@Louissi developed a number of popular defense games over the years, with 2007’s Age of War being one of his best known. The soundtrack is by @Waterflame, a hallmark of some of the best games from this era! Louissi’s work with Flash ultimately led to a full-time job with Armor Games and he was last seen working on Bunker Sim.

Drawing Tablet Giveaway Background

Last week I announced our 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds. Especially animation; would love to help more growing animators!

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Squidly, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @MrChambers, @53xy83457 and @AKA-38CAUTION. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Flash Preservation Background

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and some new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer. Note: Previous Ruffle sponsorships were via Mike’s github account but sponsors can now support the Ruffle organization directly, as part of Open Collective.

Some big news this week is that The Internet Archive is now using Ruffle! This has drawn more eyeballs to the project, which helps it succeed.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Important Stock Photo Reminder for Artists

I want to remind everyone that you should never use unlicensed stock photography in your work. These photos are represented by licensing agencies that expect payment and the courts are on their side. There’s been an Internet trend in recent years where people toss stock photos in stuff as a gag - I can tell you from experience that you won’t be laughing if you get the bill. I just removed a piece this morning after receiving an infringement notice.

Similarly, a reminder that you can’t use unlicensed commercial music in your work, either. We have a great list of royalty-free music resources you can browse.

Community News

@Cleod-9 is hosting a Fraymakers Art Contest!

@Xinxinix is hosting a Secret Santa Art Trade!

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@BoyPorcelain is Looking for Voice Actors! He’s super talented, get on that train.

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribune!

@SrPelo is celebrating October 56th with his third Spooky Month movie!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 10:58:22

Happy Thanksgiving and congrats to the recipient!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 11:17:05

Wait the Internet Archive? As in the wayback machine??

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

At 11/26/20 11:17 AM, Wegra wrote: Wait the Internet Archive? As in the wayback machine??

yes

also, random question. when will new auras get added?

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 11:19:33

congrats

quitting.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 11:20:05

Thanks for putting me up on here Tom! Appreciate the help.

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 14:11:13

@SrPelo is celebrating October 56th with his third Spooky Month movie!

Yeah guys is still october

Learning Graphic Design And Animation But Specially GameDev and Programming

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 15:29:56

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 15:31:18

Happy Thanksgiving! I made White Castle stuffing.

iu_200146_1658435.jpg

dig in

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 15:33:41

At 11/26/20 03:31 PM, ZJ wrote: Happy Thanksgiving! I made White Castle stuffing.

Too bad it's almost midnight

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-26 20:15:16

Wow, loving these posts. Age of War was what I grew up on absolute blast from the past

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-27 07:45:33

Congrats @DoctorGrambo!

Nostalgia heavy with this one too...

The latest: Hexa #64 (Dec)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-27 07:45:54

At 11/26/20 11:17 AM, Wegra wrote: Wait the Internet Archive? As in the wayback machine??

The one and only. :) Legendary events unfolding right about now!

BBS Signature

Tom laying out how he's gonna delete everything else on the site because of sToCk PhOtO coPyRiGhT.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-27 14:58:57

Well happy late Thanksgiving to the American users and anyone else celebrating it.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-30 08:21:35

At 11/27/20 02:58 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Well happy late Thanksgiving to the American users and anyone else celebrating it.

Happy Even Later Thanksgiving StickmanMarkinson!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-11-30 10:16:24

At 11/30/20 08:21 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/27/20 02:58 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Well happy late Thanksgiving to the American users and anyone else celebrating it.
Happy Even Later Thanksgiving StickmanMarkinson!

Well the thing is, we Canadian users already celebrated Thanksgiving, but well thanks anyways.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

At 11/30/20 10:16 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote:
At 11/30/20 08:21 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Happy Even Later Thanksgiving StickmanMarkinson!
Well the thing is, we Canadian users already celebrated Thanksgiving, but well thanks anyways.

Ah you're Canadian! Must've been on your profile plenty of times but somehow that never registered...

Here in Sweden we don't celebrate at all but it feels like there's still plenty of appreciation just with the greetings; swapping thanks and happiness here on the Grounds. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #3 + Happy Thanksgiving! 2020-12-03 00:19:00

A belated happy Thanksgiving, and congrats to the recipient for winning.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature