00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase

1,427 Views | 12 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @prosimban!

Prosimban has been working with a borrowed tablet that he soon won’t have access to; now he can have his own!

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

Castle Crashing the Beard was created by @BoMToons, @Luis and @Coaly, inspired by my decision to not shave my beard until Castle Crashers was finished, later in 2008.

Drawing Tablet Giveaway Background

Last week I announced our 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Squidly, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @MrChambers, @53xy83457 and @AKA-38CAUTION. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Flash Preservation Background

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and some new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer. Note: Previous Ruffle sponsorships were via Mike’s github account but sponsors can now support the Ruffle organization directly, as part of Open Collective.

Some big news this week is that The Internet Archive is now using Ruffle! This has drawn more eyeballs to the project, which helps it succeed.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Community News

@Cleod-9 is hosting a Fraymakers Art Contest!

@Xinxinix is hosting a Secret Santa Art Trade!

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@JamesLee released a new Nox episode!

If you enjoy human / animation hybrids, also check out TV MELT YOU and Crappy Service.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 13:51:43

Sweet!

My Newgrounds Profile

(Art thread)

https://discord.gg/gk8kmfn (My Discord)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 14:30:42

Thanks for the CCTB shoutout! Ruffle rocks!

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 14:32:32

I think Castle Crashing the Beard was the first or second NG game I played. Tablet giveaway is cool! I may donate a bit to add another one to the mix.

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 15:40:18

Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 16:19:56

At 11/25/20 01:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/prosimban/alien-hominid
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/prosimban/cuphead-2

Prosimban has been working with a borrowed tablet that he soon won’t have access to; now he can have his own!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/429765

Castle Crashing the Beard was created by @BoMToons, @Luis and @Coaly, inspired by my decision to not shave my beard until Castle Crashers was finished, later in 2008.

Last week I announced our 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Squidly, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @MrChambers, @53xy83457 and @AKA-38CAUTION. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and some new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer. Note: Previous Ruffle sponsorships were via Mike’s github account but sponsors can now support the Ruffle organization directly, as part of Open Collective.

Some big news this week is that The Internet Archive is now using Ruffle! This has drawn more eyeballs to the project, which helps it succeed.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Community News

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/772633

If you enjoy human / animation hybrids, also check out TV MELT YOU and Crappy Service.

I briefly nutted a lil cause I thought I won a tablet. First post atleast.

None

Well that's great to hear. Man, I remembered playing that game sometime after Portal Defenders (with the medals on, of course), I thought that this was a hard game with my low experience at the time. It was fun playing that game! Also nice beard to have, back in 08 and 09!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 18:20:57

Portal Defenders is such a classic NewGrounds game. I remember how happy I was earning all those medals, back in the day.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-25 18:32:34

At 11/25/20 01:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/prosimban/alien-hominid
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/prosimban/cuphead-2

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/429765

Community News

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/772633

Fuck, I remember this. It's been awhile. NOTHING CAN STOP THE TOM.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-26 02:09:06

At 11/25/20 01:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor

iu_199861_8146500.jpg

This is the most posts i've seen you post back to back in a short amount of time in a long time. How many winners will there be? Many, many posts >:) mwahaha! But seriously it's cool you're doing this for the aspiring artists out there. More giveaways could bring more people to NG and show them what a great community this is. Come for the "food" and content, stay for the community.

New Piercing Lazer singles "Trickster's Ambition" and "Homeless" now on BandCamp, Itunes, and other online stores!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-11-27 07:43:40

Congrats @prosimban!

Really making the most of these posts too. Drawing out the drawing tablet winners hmm, Ruffle promotion; community hype with each one too, enjoying this stream...

The latest: Hexa #64 (Dec)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet #2 + Flash Showcase 2020-12-02 03:12:25

Congrats to prosimban. With great submissions, comes great rewards.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature