Fraymakers Kickstarter Art Contest 2020-11-18 18:35:05
Introducing the Fraymakers Kickstarter Art Contest on Newgrounds!
Wait, what's Fraymakers?
Fraymakers is the fully modular, full-featured indie platform fighter announced today from McLeodGaming, the studio behind the Super Smash Flash fangames. Fraymakers features a playable cast from indie gaming classics, in addition to a massive selection of guest assists from a broad selection of other sources (The NG Tankman is one of them!). The game is also being released alongside a companion software called FrayTools, a custom Flash-like application used by the dev team to create the game's content. With FrayTools you'll be able to expand the game with your own characters, assists, stages, modes and more with ease!
For more info please check out our Kickstarter campaign.
You can also wishlist Fraymakers on Steam.
- Choose one of two categories to enter: Pixel Art or Non-Pixel
- Create artwork featuring one or more of the confirmed characters from the cast of Fraymakers (pictured below)
- Submit your work to the Art Portal with the tag FraymakersKS by Friday, December 11th, 2020
Playable cast pictured left to right: Welltaro (Downwell), Orcane, (Rivals of Aether), Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 (Slap City), The Watcher (Slay the Spire), Octodad (Octodad: Dadliest Catch), CommanderVideo (BIT.TRIP)
Assist cast pictured left to right: Aine (Renaine), Captain Viridian (VVVVVV), Josef (Machinarium), Peppino (Pizza Tower), Lea (Cross Code), The Bard (Wandersong), Nikandreos (Apotheon), Ape (Ape Out), Shopkeeper (Downwell), Rockman (FTL: Faster Than Light), Tankman (Newgrounds), Lady Luck (Dicey Dungeons), The Silent (Slay the Spire), Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures), The Kid (I Wanna Be They Guy), Pizza (Chicory), Birthday (King of the Hat), Diogenes (Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy)
- Only one entry per person
- No NSFW please!
- No additional entries will be accepted after the deadline
- Entries in the Pixel Art category must be digital and not feature mixed mediums*
* Note that Non-Pixel submissions can be just about any medium - digital painting, fine art, pencil drawing, you name it - as long as it features at least one of the characters from the playable or assist roster of Fraymakers it's fair game! Just note that to qualify for the Pixel Art category, the artwork must be digital and fully pixelated. That means no mixing mediums together (e.g. pixel art character on top of a painted background).
What are the prizes?
The Fraymakers team will act as judges of each submission, and the winners will be awarded as follows: (Prizes sponsored by McLeodGaming)
- Best Pixel Art - $100 and 1 digital copy of Fraymakers
- Best Non-Pixel - $100 and 1 digital copy of Fraymakers
- Top 3 Pixel Art Runner-ups - 1 digital copy of Fraymakers each
- Top 3 Non-Pixel Art Runner-ups - 1 digital copy of Fraymakers each
When will winners be announced?
The winners will be announced on Monday, December 14th, 2020. At that time we will showcase the winning entries on the BBS and reach out to winners for contact information to deliver any monetary prizes right away. Steam keys for Fraymakers will be distributed upon Early Access launch of the game.
Let me know! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread throughout the contest to respond to any questions or concerns.