00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Rust language and ruffle design

103 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rust language and ruffle design 2020-11-18 10:22:13

Strange that this is the first time I've come across this programming language. How come java, c ++ or python could not be used to create the replacement flash emulator?

Ever since I saw the title and the page, I have wondered how some people can, know and find ways to design something that supports other things. When I say support, I mean software that can be used by other person as users.

BBS Signature

Response to Rust language and ruffle design 2020-11-22 08:41:07

Those could've been used too. The devs just chose to use rust

I may or may not be the impostor

At 11/18/20 10:22 AM, 24fpsanimation wrote: Strange that this is the first time I've come across this programming language. How come java, c ++ or python could not be used to create the replacement flash emulator?
Ever since I saw the title and the page, I have wondered how some people can, know and find ways to design something that supports other things. When I say support, I mean software that can be used by other person as users.

Rust is all the rage lately. It's like C++ but holds your hand and doesn't let you make (some) mistakes. Or so I've read.

I guess Python and Java probably can't beat it's speed and developing in C++ isn't as fast.

"I agree with that Onim person" ='D

BBS Signature