00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Secret Santa Art Trade ~!

26,736 Views | 984 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:27:43

At 11/12/20 08:20 AM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/12/20 01:48 AM, Template88 wrote: Nice idea, but having hosted numerous amounts of these with people i actually know and trust, theres always people who dont fuckin do theirs, and the percentage can be pretty high, leaving people shit out of luck. What is your solution/safeguard to this?
Im gonna draw Santa Xin literally shooting their OC in the face if they dont draw the character theyre supposed to >:(

Nah, my only prevention of this is the 1 month deadline to draw it. Hopefully thats enough time, and I'll be sending out reminders. Im thinking of sending out a link to a discord where we can all stay in touch. Maybe that'd help?

It might help a little, but I've had people fail after being reminded on a weekly basis, and having more time and multiple extensions, you need to either draw the missing art yourself or get helpers to guarantee everyone gets a drawing or this is going to be a circus. People will lie and ghost up until the last day.

You are not prepared...

Illustration/animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:30:55

At 11/12/20 08:27 AM, Template88 wrote:
It might help a little, but I've had people fail after being reminded on a weekly basis, and having more time and multiple extensions, you need to either draw the missing art yourself or get helpers to guarantee everyone gets a drawing or this is going to be a circus. People will lie and ghost up until the last day.

Well thats not what Christmas is all about....

Oh well~! I trust everyone here who's excited to get their character drawn, to draw someone else's character because that's what's fair, and fun! And also what Christmas is all about ^^

NG SECRET SANTA ART TRADE ~! (NOW WITH REAL CHRISTMAS JOY~!)

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:35:31

iu_193345_8146500.jpg

no fap november 2020 participant

sig by jackho

ama thread

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:38:10

At 11/12/20 08:30 AM, Xinxinix wrote:

Oh well~! I trust everyone here who's excited to get their character drawn, to draw someone else's character because that's what's fair, and fun! And also what Christmas is all about ^^

Trusting strangers is foolish. You might not get burned but somebody is going to get the short end of the stick, I guarantee it. Think about animation collabs and how many people flake out of that crap. People have had the balls to stiff MY secret santas directly in front of me in my server. They'll do it to some rando. I'll tell you what, I'll enter, but as a safeguard against this flaking crap. Anyone who doesnt do theirs im going to rip their asshole open, and whoever does theirs and doesnt get anything back will get something from me. If _nobody_ flakes I'll make you a free commission.

But if somebody flakes...you'll owe me... heh heh heh

You are not prepared...

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:39:35

At 11/12/20 08:20 AM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/12/20 01:48 AM, Template88 wrote: Nice idea, but having hosted numerous amounts of these with people i actually know and trust, theres always people who dont fuckin do theirs, and the percentage can be pretty high, leaving people shit out of luck. What is your solution/safeguard to this?
Im gonna draw Santa Xin literally shooting their OC in the face if they dont draw the character theyre supposed to >:(

Nah, my only prevention of this is the 1 month deadline to draw it. Hopefully thats enough time, and I'll be sending out reminders. Im thinking of sending out a link to a discord where we can all stay in touch. Maybe that'd help?

yeah, on the previous Secret Santa Threads we did people were supposed to PM their art to the other user and some people got ghosted

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:47:09

At 11/12/20 08:38 AM, Template88 wrote:
Trusting strangers is foolish. You might not get burned but somebody is going to get the short end of the stick, I guarantee it. Think about animation collabs and how many people flake out of that crap. People have had the balls to stiff MY secret santas directly in front of me in my server. They'll do it to some rando. I'll tell you what, I'll enter, but as a safeguard against this flaking crap. Anyone who doesnt do theirs im going to rip their asshole open, and whoever does theirs and doesnt get anything back will get something from me. If _nobody_ flakes I'll make you a free commission.

Damn, too late to update the rules, but getting your asshole torn open for not doing your drawing is definitely an incentive c:

NG SECRET SANTA ART TRADE ~! (NOW WITH REAL CHRISTMAS JOY~!)

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 08:48:04

At 11/12/20 08:47 AM, Xinxinix wrote:

Damn, too late to update the rules, but getting your asshole torn open for not doing your drawing is definitely an incentive c:

If you accept my terms then the die is cast. I am confident I will win this wager.

You are not prepared...

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 09:00:23

everyones outright ignoring thanksgiving

That is pretty cool.iu_193366_7093844.jpg

I'm working on something

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 09:59:56

Looks cool, but I think I'm gonna want to have a more up-to-date character ref before joining.

Ey here´s my toon guy self that shows up whenever I wanna do comics or animation with me in it. I was gonna look for a wacky scrapped character in my bucket of ideas, then I saw a bunch of cool "sona" things and I was like "what the heck I want that too". I got a little carried away and drew a little sheety image, I´m basically always shirtless and wearing flipflops

iu_193371_2830774.jpg

I cannot see without my asses

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 10:52:17

I feel like taking part in this would be a fun activity so...

Yeah, I have some Comics on my Newgrounds page and you will see an image with the character in itiu_193380_6403902.jpg

This is a panel from my Halloween Special this year. The style goes for the classic mid-2000s Flash Animation look which includes thick outlines and pupil-less eyes.

I think that taking part in this would be an honour and I want to expand on my character design skill.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 11:33:37

At 11/11/20 05:59 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Come one, come all

Gather 'round by the fire as I avail your ears with a tale of friendship, pain, and CHRISTMAS joy~!

It was a *snowwyyyyy~* night one night on Christmas Eve, and Xanta was loading up his Christmas sleigh full of assorted fan arts of everyone's original characters to post publicly for all the good boys and girls of Newgrounds. They were to be delivered to Tom Fulp immediately, just in time for everyone to wake up approximately around 12am EST on Christmas morning.

BUT

Just as Xanta checked his PMs for confirmation, he had accidentally bumped into the sleigh full of quite literally everyone's OCs that had ever existed on Newgrounds, and the sleigh *whooshed* down a snowy hillside into an icy lake nearby, submerging the drawings into a subzero abyss forever.

Completely crushed, Xanta asked his trusty furry companion Mafolph (played by @MKMaffo) what he should do.

Mafolph responded, "Idk lol. Sucks bro."

Xanta knew he should've uploaded the art onto Newgrounds instead of flying a magical sleigh to Pennsylvania, but alas, what was done... was done.

That's when @D3writo appeared out of the wild, snowy night like an anime protagonist and asked,

"Hey man, could you help me set up a Secret Santa Art Trade ?"

AND ARTMAS WAS SAVED (OH YEAH!) BY A MYSTERIOUS STRANGER
art by @MKMaffo
idea by @D3writo

+ RULES:

+ DEADLINES:

I apologize for the short timeframe, but I wanted to give artists at least a month to finish their drawings, especially because of all the holidays that will be going on (what's a "Thanks" giving?). There definitely wasn't a plan to do a Secret Santa like this, but @D3writo messaged me and asked if I could help him plan one, and I was STOKED to be like, "yeah, man, i luv this idea, thank you for dis."

I'm so excited to see everyone get surprised from their character being drawn by a mystery person~ ^^

SO

Good luck to everyone~! And a big shout out to @MKMaffo for cookin' up the gorgeous drawing <3

BRING ON THE ARTMAS CHEER~! ^^

This sounds great! Here's my comic character. This drawing was made a year ago. iu_193393_6555643.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 11:44:49

Looking forward to this!! This is Taka, the wolf girl!

iu_193398_6777509.jpgiu_193399_6777509.jpg

BBS Signature

ok ill bite here's the character sheet because all other drawings of him are black and whiteiu_193423_7397320.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 12:48:49

iu_193427_7973728.png

Let's see how this goes.

Squawk!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 13:18:23

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 14:12:29

I agree with your sentiment about people not making their part, i had the same thought but I feel like the best way to enter is just with the intention to give, hopefully getting something back.

I do hope there is a better option, like the one you proposed where you gave something to someone that made something and didn't get anything.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 14:21:22

Oh hell yeah man, Im in.

This is my OC, David. He's cool, I guess.

Created him years ago to represent my passionate, artsy side of mine being ( AKA me, but hotter ). 

I would love to see others interpret my little boyo. <3

iu_193457_8124193.jpgiu_193458_8124193.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 14:33:16

You scare me, but in a good way.

Squawk!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 16:42:36

iu_193514_7573872.jpg

Here's my stinky dinky stupid idiot loser child

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 16:53:26

I want a piece of this action! I'll be entering this as my avatar.iu_193518_7228038.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 18:31:43

Heck yea ill join this. Im sending my Plasma slime girl.There are different designs of her. you can pick whatever you want there are more on my profile if you need it :)iu_193549_5809644.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 18:46:01

iu_193560_7191825.jpg

yooooo!!!!

I want to do the art thing with the people! Draw dis gurl plz!

EDIT: There's a less blurry version in my artwork on my page. I dunno why it came out so fuzzy. My B.

iu_193591_8014430.jpg

Don't go look at my art! I'm warning you! Stay away!

Don't click this link either!

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 20:17:57

Here's my character! His name is "the Loose" and I'm currently making an animation with him :D

iu_193595_3806016.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 20:18:18

lets go lets go im ready

iu_193596_7288072.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 22:31:45

This sounds fun, Ima join!

iu_193642_6818928.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-12 22:32:53

At 11/12/20 10:31 PM, Unwrthy wrote: This sounds fun, Ima join!

Fellow birb fremd!

BBS Signature