00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Secret Santa Art Trade ~!

26,713 Views | 984 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

It all sounds pretty exciting, so why not join the fun? Here is my internet persona I'm using for my twitter.


iu_198049_7173448.jpg


I join too :)

^^ Let's see what happens...

U can paint it as u want

iu_198051_7374686.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 08:43:17


Oh 'eck, this looks fun, so i'm totally in! XD Coming straight from my (currently in hiatus) webcomic Wacky Neighbors, here's Cody Chatter!


iu_198069_7041493.png


Name: Cody Chatter

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Height: 1,44m (144cm)

Profession: High School Student


Description:

Don't get the wrong idea 'bout this guy just because of his short height and cute-like appearance, as he is one of the wisest students of the high school he attends and above it all, he's a truly gentle and friendly lad. On his free time (weekends and such), he likes to play videogames (especially at the arcade in the street in front of his house), hang out with his fellow neighbors, and have some fun with his little sister.


Good luck to ya all! ;D


(PS: The one on the left is Cody with his trademark hairstyle, and the one on the right is him with his hair down and without his jacket and green shoes, and with an added ahoge.)

(PPS: The image above was done in MS Paint, but I'll be actually using Medibang Paint Pro to draw whichever OC i get at random. Anyway, once again, good luck! ;D)


Hello, lads 'n gentlepeople! You just saw a BBS post from me, music maker, illustrator, and artcore passionate Alex Turell aka cocoloco3412! That's me! ;D

BBS Signature

I'm so pumped to be a part of this!

iu_198151_7223718.gif

iu_198150_7223718.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 12:09:59


My character, lovingly and {Patiently} drawn with a mouse. Make it count.


iu_198156_8322163.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 12:41:33


iu_198171_7984281.jpg

Hell yeah bro, art trades!


Awsome, an event that i can join in on without having to stress about,

heres my mascot, cAyman, say hi to him


iu_198182_8117522.png

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 13:31:48


At 11/22/20 12:05 PM, Rob-Boss-Art wrote: I'm so pumped to be a part of this!


Life guard on duty.

Squawk!


BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 19:24:42


Some cool apocalypticiu_198301_7618819.png knight, I think it's cool.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 20:26:18


my witch owoiu_198324_7153203.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 21:11:51


Her nickname is "Nozomi" or "No".


iu_198335_7999714.jpg


iu_198336_7999714.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 21:24:41


Man, there were only like 2 pages when I posted. Now there are like 16.


iu_198342_8014430.gif


Don't go look at my art! I'm warning you! Stay away!


Don't click this link either!

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 22:07:37


At 11/22/20 08:26 PM, AigisAnamana wrote: my witch owo

May I hug your witch?

Squawk!


BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 22:38:17


iu_198372_8320383.jpg


My OC, Crow! She doesn't have them in this picture but she has a set of two black wings on her back with a smaller set underneath the big wings. Wacky shit


Tired of working on myself, I will now be unapologetically insane :D

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-22 23:14:14


iu_198395_7661931.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 01:07:16


So many gorgeous characters. <3 Here's Blue! He's scared of everything. :3


iu_198426_8124261.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 01:42:52


SUPER COOL DESIGN, MAN :D !!


BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 03:41:05


ultra mondo ragtime epic design brohammer


You are not prepared...

Illustration/animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 05:49:19


Uhm... cheesed to meet you?

iu_198483_7914569.jpg

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:29:39


At 11/12/20 08:27 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:20 AM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/12/20 01:48 AM, Template88 wrote: Nice idea, but having hosted numerous amounts of these with people i actually know and trust, theres always people who dont fuckin do theirs, and the percentage can be pretty high, leaving people shit out of luck. What is your solution/safeguard to this?
Im gonna draw Santa Xin literally shooting their OC in the face if they dont draw the character theyre supposed to >:(

Nah, my only prevention of this is the 1 month deadline to draw it. Hopefully thats enough time, and I'll be sending out reminders. Im thinking of sending out a link to a discord where we can all stay in touch. Maybe that'd help?
It might help a little, but I've had people fail after being reminded on a weekly basis, and having more time and multiple extensions, you need to either draw the missing art yourself or get helpers to guarantee everyone gets a drawing or this is going to be a circus. People will lie and ghost up until the last day.


This. It is a fact that ish happens and people probably won't do their assignment, especially when there is so many. We have similar art trades like this on a site called comicfury, and usually what the host there would typically do is ask for backup artist even if it has to be amoung the people who are already participating. Also, it should not take someone one month to draw one character, I drew a whole comic in less than 3 days with this art exchange over at comicfury and I was a backup artist. I'd say maybe just keep up with the progress, like at least ask if they have anything built up for the character after a few days. If they constantly provide nothing, then it may pay to get a backup artist prepaired (I'd be more than happy to offer my services btw :D :D)


At 11/12/20 08:38 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:30 AM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:27 AM, Template88 wrote:
It might help a little, but I've had people fail after being reminded on a weekly basis, and having more time and multiple extensions, you need to either draw the missing art yourself or get helpers to guarantee everyone gets a drawing or this is going to be a circus. People will lie and ghost up until the last day.
Well thats not what Christmas is all about....

Oh well~! I trust everyone here who's excited to get their character drawn, to draw someone else's character because that's what's fair, and fun! And also what Christmas is all about ^^
Trusting strangers is foolish. You might not get burned but somebody is going to get the short end of the stick, I guarantee it. Think about animation collabs and how many people flake out of that crap. People have had the balls to stiff MY secret santas directly in front of me in my server. They'll do it to some rando. I'll tell you what, I'll enter, but as a safeguard against this flaking crap. Anyone who doesnt do theirs im going to rip their asshole open, and whoever does theirs and doesnt get anything back will get something from me. If _nobody_ flakes I'll make you a free commission.

But if somebody flakes...you'll owe me... heh heh heh


Jesus christ......you really took it personally though, lol. I have never seen someone get that mad over art collabs, usually people just don't give shit, but I suppose it is kind of annoying. My biggest concern is that would probably just start unnecessary drama, but I guess it is an incentive?? I mean, you seem to be ok with offering yourself as a backup artist, the ass tearing might not be necessary. But at the same time, perhaps it is something that would make slackers less incitivies to want to participate in an event they can't complete. I would much rather prefer they would be blacklisted from future events untill they can provide evidence they can meet a deadline, but that's just me.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:44:16


At 11/12/20 09:00 AM, XyberFlameGD wrote: everyones outright ignoring thanksgiving


No one wants to celebrate that time Pilgrims crapped all over those indians. Sure they ate together for a day, but guess what happened after....

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:51:57


At 11/23/20 01:07 AM, PowerTQueen wrote: So many gorgeous characters. <3 Here's Blue! He's scared of everything. :3

But hes grey

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:53:00


At 11/22/20 01:23 PM, cAywall wrote: Awsome, an event that i can join in on without having to stress about,
heres my mascot, cAyman, say hi to him


Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:53:11


At 11/23/20 07:53 AM, sTeVtheStEv wrote:
At 11/22/20 01:23 PM, cAywall wrote: Awsome, an event that i can join in on without having to stress about,
heres my mascot, cAyman, say hi to him

Fuck


Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 07:53:28


At 11/23/20 07:51 AM, sTeVtheStEv wrote:
At 11/23/20 01:07 AM, PowerTQueen wrote: So many gorgeous characters. <3 Here's Blue! He's scared of everything. :3
But hes grey


To be fair, grey is a shade of blue.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 08:10:33


At 11/19/20 01:12 PM, Zarmakesart wrote: This is so COOL!! Might as well join. Here's my boy alexander, part human part spider who terrorizes the streets of Neo-London. He's like my main dude, I like him

If you need more info on him, I've drawn him multiple times before, so you could find some more art on my profile


I love your style and I love her hair. Reminds me a lot of 2000s era cartoons, such as Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (back when anime was begining to just become popular and styles inspired by it started to emerge).

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 08:47:07


At 11/23/20 07:37 AM, cboy4001 wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:38 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:30 AM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/12/20 08:27 AM, Template88 wrote:
It might help a little, but I've had people fail after being reminded on a weekly basis, and having more time and multiple extensions, you need to either draw the missing art yourself or get helpers to guarantee everyone gets a drawing or this is going to be a circus. People will lie and ghost up until the last day.
Well thats not what Christmas is all about....

Oh well~! I trust everyone here who's excited to get their character drawn, to draw someone else's character because that's what's fair, and fun! And also what Christmas is all about ^^
Trusting strangers is foolish. You might not get burned but somebody is going to get the short end of the stick, I guarantee it. Think about animation collabs and how many people flake out of that crap. People have had the balls to stiff MY secret santas directly in front of me in my server. They'll do it to some rando. I'll tell you what, I'll enter, but as a safeguard against this flaking crap. Anyone who doesnt do theirs im going to rip their asshole open, and whoever does theirs and doesnt get anything back will get something from me. If _nobody_ flakes I'll make you a free commission.

But if somebody flakes...you'll owe me... heh heh heh
Jesus christ......you really took it personally though, lol. I have never seen someone get that mad over art collabs, usually people just don't give shit, but I suppose it is kind of annoying. My biggest concern is that would probably just start unnecessary drama, but I guess it is an incentive?? I mean, you seem to be ok with offering yourself as a backup artist, the ass tearing might not be necessary. But at the same time, perhaps it is something that would make slackers less incitivies to want to participate in an event they can't complete. I would much rather prefer they would be blacklisted from future events untill they can provide evidence they can meet a deadline, but that's just me.


Yeah its definitely a pet peeve of mine. I got the backup art covered.


You are not prepared...

Illustration/animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-23 09:05:39


At 11/23/20 05:49 AM, JosephToolBag wrote: Uhm... cheesed to meet you?

May I hug?

Squawk!


BBS Signature