00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Biden Thread

15,836 Views | 498 Replies

The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-09 22:38:39

Since we have a new President I figured it would be a great idea to have a new thread now for the upcoming President. Since Trump's thread was created before his inauguration, I figured why not have this one ready to go to. A grab bag of Biden's plans, thoughts on him, and so forth.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 00:21:35

At 11/9/20 10:38 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

Let's all pause and give the old boy props for ousting the worst president in living memory. I suspect he'll benefit from lower expectations than previous presidents as the bar has now been set so low.

Imo it'll all come down to the 2 senate races in Georgia in January. If Biden wins them he's got 50 senate seats, and can then likely push through much of his agenda. However if he loses those races (which I expect he will, Georgia is still a very red state despite narrowly pitching for Biden over Trump for the presidency) I suspect it'll be a rerun of the 2014 style stale-mate political paradigm where old crypt keeper Mitch won't let the democrats pass anything substantial in the senate. No covid relief, no climate bill, no health expansion, certainly no court reform that redresses the Republican bias.

Biden ran on a promise of bipartisanship / working across the isle, but that doesn't mean much if the other side won't play ball. And it's worth nothing that there was gridlock in Washington long before Trump showed up, so I'm not optimistic that now he's gone there'll be any change of heart, it wasn't Trump who filibustered Obama more than any prior president or refused to fill court seats for years. I'd like to be wrong on this, and tbf there's a handful of Republicans who I have a hunch might be open to working with Biden, but we'll have to wait and see I guess..

The 2022 midterm map looks a little better for Democrats in the senate, so maybe if they do well there then the second half of Biden's presidency might be productive?

Broadly I think he'll be hamstrung by not having the senate, but he'll probably return things more to the status quo internationally, will probably get back into the GCCOA and NATO, hopefully he'll be tougher on China, maybe he'll nab a trade deal with the UK post Brexit. I suspect that the comedians and late night talkshow hosts are going to have to work a bit harder with this guy as politics is probably about to get a whole lot more boring, which I'm very cool with.

BBS Signature

To point out the obvious, Biden will act more principled, reserved, and presidential, rather than a thin skin narcissist who acts like a 10 year old on twitter attacking everyone who pisses him off while crying about it.

Biden will include a wide range of people, including moderate Republicans (defense and national security) to possibly progressives (environment and health care), in his administration. As will as get rid of trump loyalists, who will try to sabotage government department. Of course, if Republicans retain control of the Senate, they will most likely scuttle any more liberal nominee, or try to leave other government department empty like they have under Obama. And Republicans, if they keep control of Congress will stall, or not fill, judicial positions, like they also did under Obama.

He will reverses many policies by Trump, using executive orders, from the environment to immigration. If, or when he deals with tax reform, it will be a few years off, after the country gets back on it's feet from the economic struggle that was created by the pandemic - and if he has control of Congress. He will have a proper pandemic task force, and will most likely issue a toothless mask and social distance mandate, while letting states determine when to open and close, while actually supporting them with government resources. Similar, he will try to save Obamacare, and fix current problems with it - if Republicans, and the conservative justices don't try to impeded it. He will also promote the renewable energy industry, increasing funding for it, which might benefit rural areas the most.

He will most likely reforge our alliance with our traditional allies in Europe, and pacific countries, to create a multilateral front against China, while also trying to normalize relations with that country. Russia and N Korea will get the cold shoulder. He will keep the US embassy in Israel, but also might try to work with other countries to keep Iran nuclear program in check. And he will most like reenter the Paris climate accord.

At 11/10/20 12:26 AM, EdyKel wrote: To point out the obvious, Biden will act more principled, reserved, and presidential, rather than a thin skin narcissist who acts like a 10 year old on twitter attacking everyone who pisses him off while crying about it.

Biden will include a wide range of people, including moderate Republicans (defense and national security) to possibly progressives (environment and health care), in his administration. As will as get rid of trump loyalists, who will try to sabotage government department. Of course, if Republicans retain control of the Senate, they will most likely scuttle any more liberal nominee, or try to leave other government department empty like they have under Obama. And Republicans, if they keep control of Congress will stall, or not fill, judicial positions, like they also did under Obama.

He will reverses many policies by Trump, using executive orders, from the environment to immigration. If, or when he deals with tax reform, it will be a few years off, after the country gets back on it's feet from the economic struggle that was created by the pandemic - and if he has control of Congress. He will have a proper pandemic task force, and will most likely issue a toothless mask and social distance mandate, while letting states determine when to open and close, while actually supporting them with government resources. Similar, he will try to save Obamacare, and fix current problems with it - if Republicans, and the conservative justices don't try to impeded it. He will also promote the renewable energy industry, increasing funding for it, which might benefit rural areas the most.

He will most likely reforge our alliance with our traditional allies in Europe, and pacific countries, to create a multilateral front against China, while also trying to normalize relations with that country. Russia and N Korea will get the cold shoulder. He will keep the US embassy in Israel, but also might try to work with other countries to keep Iran nuclear program in check. And he will most like reenter the Paris climate accord.

I highly doubt that Joe Biden will really do anything honestly. Because going by the past few presidencies, they were all talk and no show (No Weapons of Mass Destruction, what Bush Jr. promised, Guantanamo Bay still open after Obama promised to shut the prison down day one of his presidency, and the Wall never started that Trump promised), and Biden isn't going to be any different. Plus, also you mentioning about reversing all of Trump's shit, most of those he probably won't even get to, nor even care about them. As for the whole pandemic itself, it's going to more in likely last throughout the majority of Biden's presidency and possibly lasting into next president's (#47's) term.

Also to mentioned China, they have really started to be hostile against us well before Trump's time in office, so trying to reason with the Chinese government is like a difficult chore which I don't think any Party (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or any others) will accomplished, unless the United States goes full on Communism, and we all know that will never happen.

Biden, just like Trump is all talk, but no real actions, remember, Obama did promise that a lot of healthcare under his Obamacare would help out with a bunch of Americans to afford healthcare, and honestly, that became flawed because premiums got way more expensive than before Obamacare came into existence, and the Republicans would of probably made the ordeal much worse than it already was if they did managed to repeal and replaced that Healthcare act, and honestly, Healthcare should of been left alone from the Government hands, although I don't like to sound conspiracy here, but the Big Pharms technically owns the government, but that's a different topic that I rather save for another thread in the future.

Anyways, where I'm going with this, Joe Biden will more in likely be just as a worthless dipshit just like Trump, Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton, and Bush Sr., and if Harris replaced Biden as the 47th President, she'll also be all talk and no bark, and be as worthless as the rest.

I hate to burst your bubble on Biden on thinking that he might be a great president, but truth of things, he's just going to be lousy, lazy, and downright pointless, just like the ones before him. Nothing is going to be accomplished nor ever will, as long as that fucking Duopoly is still in Washington.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 03:27:39

At 11/10/20 02:55 AM, DarkTacan wrote: I highly doubt that Joe Biden will really do anything honestly. Because going by the past few presidencies, they were all talk and no show (No Weapons of Mass Destruction, what Bush Jr. promised, Guantanamo Bay still open after Obama promised to shut the prison down day one of his presidency, and the Wall never started that Trump promised), and Biden isn't going to be any different. Plus, also you mentioning about reversing all of Trump's shit, most of those he probably won't even get to, nor even care about them. As for the whole pandemic itself, it's going to more in likely last throughout the majority of Biden's presidency and possibly lasting into next president's (#47's) term.

Not looking for radical changes. Just a balance, and progression towards the right direction. And I don't believe in everything a politician says. I expect them to lie, or to embellish what they might do - though, Trump took that to a whole new level. I took a lot of that in account already, given what they can do, and what the opposition will try prevent. But I see no reason why Biden can't undo the policies of Trump, since that is exactly what Trump did to Obama's policies once he got into office.

Also to mentioned China, they have really started to be hostile against us well before Trump's time in office, so trying to reason with the Chinese government is like a difficult chore which I don't think any Party (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or any others) will accomplished, unless the United States goes full on Communism, and we all know that will never happen.

Sure. Obama used tariffs on China and increased our navy presence in the South China seas which led to less trust between us - and Trump put that on steroids. Not much to show for those policies, but Obama was also trying to work on a multi-lateral front with other pacific countries against China which Trump scrapped to go it alone. Again, no reason why Biden can't bring the US back in, unless you think that the US don't need anyone's helps. He also tried to tie tax cuts to bringing jobs back, which Republicans opposed - funny that.

Biden, just like Trump is all talk, but no real actions, remember, Obama did promise that a lot of healthcare under his Obamacare would help out with a bunch of Americans to afford healthcare, and honestly, that became flawed because premiums got way more expensive than before Obamacare came into existence, and the Republicans would of probably made the ordeal much worse than it already was if they did managed to repeal and replaced that Healthcare act, and honestly, Healthcare should of been left alone from the Government hands, although I don't like to sound conspiracy here, but the Big Pharms technically owns the government, but that's a different topic that I rather save for another thread in the future.

Things are complex, which Biden understands. That's a huge difference between him and Trump. You can't always get what you want, and things don't always work out like want them to.

Anyways, where I'm going with this, Joe Biden will more in likely be just as a worthless dipshit just like Trump, Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton, and Bush Sr., and if Harris replaced Biden as the 47th President, she'll also be all talk and no bark, and be as worthless as the rest.

I hate to burst your bubble on Biden on thinking that he might be a great president, but truth of things, he's just going to be lousy, lazy, and downright pointless, just like the ones before him. Nothing is going to be accomplished nor ever will, as long as that fucking Duopoly is still in Washington.

I never siad he was a great president, and I'm not expecting him to accomplish great things. I just want balance, and I expect him to put us on a better path than the last 4 years.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 04:32:19

he'll be average in a time where he needs to be great, and not do enough to prevent the worst outcomes of the impending rent crisis, collapsing economy, and climate change disaster looming on the hill

and the GOP will accelerate his failures with their own time bombs they set up, with the trump tax cuts' for the lower and middle class sunsetting starting in 2021 (so that biden could be blamed) and the ACA's mandatory participation being cut down so it collapses under it's own weight

and if the GOP holds the senate (which they likely will) nothing save for executive orders will be achievable, not that much could be done in a blue senate anyway with the likes of joe manchin and feinstein

still in a better spot than a second trump term, so it's still a relief

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 19:57:38

He'll pass a few executive orders then get removed from office for being too senile and Kamal Harris takes over.

Then we're really fucked.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:25:17

At 11/10/20 07:57 PM, ZomAlien wrote: He'll pass a few executive orders then get removed from office for being too senile and Kamal Harris takes over.

After Trump, that will be seen more than normal.

I don't think anyone sees Biden lasting for more than 4 years, whether of his own accord, Trumps inevitable new bid in 2024 or... the Democratic party actually taking a fucking marketing class and trying a bold new direction. Sadly, this latter one is laughable, because Biden's DNC is filled to the brim with old stuffy people who don't like new ideas.

AOC said it best recently when she said Democrats are losing seats because of their lack of online presence. This is baffling to me since the rise of social media was a massive part of what got Obama elected in the first place. Of course, unimaginative Dems pointed fingers at progressive policies instead (even though progressives managed to keep all their seats).

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:30:57

At 11/10/20 08:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 11/10/20 07:57 PM, ZomAlien wrote: He'll pass a few executive orders then get removed from office for being too senile and Kamal Harris takes over.

Noted: Orange man bad.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:31:53

At 11/10/20 08:30 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Noted: Orange man bad.

Old man bad.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:34:45

At 11/10/20 08:30 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
At 11/10/20 08:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Noted: White man bad.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:35:44

At 11/10/20 08:31 PM, test-object wrote:
At 11/10/20 08:30 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Noted: Orange man bad.
Old man bad.

Not a fan of Biden, but I'll make my assumptions about his policies whenever he's in office.

Fair is fair.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 20:43:00

At 11/10/20 08:34 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Both phrases seem to be normal nowadays.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

At 11/10/20 08:43 PM, ZomAlien wrote:

Oh, I have been hearing that for years from the right, who equate pointing out racism as equating to every white person as bad, as a way to play the victim card while downplaying where much of the racism comes from at the same time. It's this group that voted in a cultural protectionist who demagogued non-white, non Christian, groups, and who's words and actions excited self described white nationalist to march in the streets who wanted to kick people who didn't reflect their culture and race out of the country. Some whites are bad, trying to cover that up is just as bad.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-10 21:19:57

At 11/10/20 09:05 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 11/10/20 08:43 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
Oh, I have been hearing that for years from the right, who equate pointing out racism as equating to every white person as bad, as a way to play the victim card while downplaying where much of the racism comes from at the same time. It this group that voted in a cultural protectionist who demagogued non-white, non Christian, groups, and who's words and actions excited self described white nationalist to march in the streets who wanted to kick people who didn't reflect their culture and race out of the country. Some whites are bad, trying to cover that up is just as bad.

Right... sorry that you have met people like that.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 00:55:35

Is that really so terrible?

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 00:56:34

At 11/11/20 12:55 AM, RoboHex wrote:

no

an Indo-Jamaican women for prez is pretty based desu

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 01:55:54

At 11/10/20 12:21 AM, Fim wrote:
At 11/9/20 10:38 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Let's all pause and give the old boy props for ousting the worst president in living memory. I suspect he'll benefit from lower expectations than previous presidents as the bar has now been set so low.

Yeah, like... Even if he shat on the lawn of the White House, smeared it all over his face and then went running nude around DC, we still could say "Well... still better than Trump. 🤷‍♂️" That's how low the bar is. And Trump does everything he can to place it even lower.

About the Senate: I am curious if the current undermining of the elections won't backfire for the GOP. They are doing everything right now to tell their voters that the elections are rigged and that "legal votes" don't matter. So, how exactly are they gonna motivate their voters to vote for a republican candidate in the run-offs? We'll see.

About Biden's presidency: I don't expect much, but I am looking forward to not have to listen to a US president constantly bragging about how smart he is and how wonderful everything he does is.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 13:36:42

At 11/11/20 12:55 AM, RoboHex wrote:

It's the world's last hope.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 18:20:31

It all depends on Georgia, and if the Democrats can pull off an upset there, then I do expect a lot of reversals of Trump policies and all of the talk of $15 minimum wage, health care, forgiveness of student debts would begin to materialize.

More than likely though, The Senate will be GOP led and will go back to the gridlock of Obama’s second term in office. This time however, the GOP will be on the clock, because the majority of them became Trump fanboys and with their beneficiary leaving office in disgrace, they no longer can bully their way through Congress. I don’t know how effective it will be, but Biden will claim the high ground of bipartisanship, and in a time where people are tired of polarization, anything to bridge that gap will be viewed as a plus, what with the coronavirus and all.

Either way, I would expect a lot of executive orders to be made once Biden gets into office considering that Trump did just that even when Congress was fully under GOP control, and assuming that they hold on to the Senate, I would imagine that EO can be used as a bargaining chip in the Democrats favor.

Overall though, returning to the pre-2016 status quo might be the most realistic expectation of the Biden administration, and assuming that the Democrats have learned their lesson from 2016, maybe the progressives can be more than just talk when it comes to public policy.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 22:17:41

As an elder statesmen, I have to agree that promises won't be kept and we'll go back to the gridlock we experienced for the 10 years prior to Trump with the exception of the supermajority that the democrats completely blew accomplishing very little. However, that is to the playbook of the ultra-wealthy globalists who run everything. Look at the leadership trends from other countries and overlap those timelines with that of ours. Additionally, consider the characteristics of the leaders in question. Does it still surprise you that whenever we pee-on citizens actually get something from our globalist ruling class(ie: the ACA) that there are always strings attached?

This is why I sense that some fuckery is up with these lawsuits and, undoubtedly, a recount that has already happened in GA, another that will surely happen in PA, and I wouldn't be surprised if AZ or NV would be next on that list and a bunch of phantom ballots show up. It's a long-stretch, sure, but as long as the American people are fighting themselves, our gov't can continue to fuck us over without us even knowing it. I'm willing to bet that this is why Trump is silent with the exception of his normal ass-spray on Twitter...

This IS 2020 remember....anything is possible at this point...

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-11 22:28:36

iu_193210_8252096.jpgideots his better fuck you

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-12 05:10:25

well the only "positive" thing that biden has is that he doesnt look like as much of a clown as trump... unless people hear him talk, then they are on par.

He's not gonna make the healthcare system any better, he's not gonna give as much economic liberty as trump, and he will start wars just like obama.

I think that sums it up: he'll likely be like Obama, unless radicals like aoc make a big influence in his decisions … then everybody should press f to pay respects to the usa

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

At 11/12/20 05:10 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: well the only "positive" thing that biden has is that he doesnt look like as much of a clown as trump... unless people hear him talk, then they are on par.

He's not gonna make the healthcare system any better, he's not gonna give as much economic liberty as trump, and he will start wars just like obama.

What "economic liberties" is Biden going to take away from the average person? I do agree that he may end up getting us into some pointless foreign war shit though.

I think that sums it up: he'll likely be like Obama, unless radicals like aoc make a big influence in his decisions … then everybody should press f to pay respects to the usa

God forbid "radicals like AOC" gain more influence, think of the horrors! Greater access to healthcare, police reform, or even, God forbid, environmental protection! I want my child to grow up in an America free of a social safety net or functional biosphere.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-12 11:59:45

At 11/12/20 05:41 AM, Margrave-Belial wrote: What "economic liberties" is Biden going to take away from the average person? I do agree that he may end up getting us into some pointless foreign war shit though.

Well, if you tried starting a business under obama, and then under trump, you'd know. Obama added many more regulations, taxes, etc. Say you wanted to start a barber shop, you have to buy the place, get a license and get to work, in short.

With obama, if there were other barber shops nearby, youd have to pay a fee. Because the building you bought was a business, you had to pay extra taxes. You had to check many more government boxes on their list when it came to tools, skill, etc. Now thats all pretty economically liberal from a global standard.

But trump gave you even more freedom. Found a place? Youd buy it. It didnt matter what you were going to do with it. Its yours. You could forget about the extra taxes and government controls. Its just you, your business, and your competition. May the best one win.

God forbid "radicals like AOC" gain more influence, think of the horrors! Greater access to healthcare, police reform, or even, God forbid, environmental protection! I want my child to grow up in an America free of a social safety net or functional biosphere.

well shit, where to begin. ok, healthcare needs major improvements(trump did practically nothing to improve this), police reform... oh shit, police reform. Its been a while, huh. What happened? Since biden won, all the white population stopped oppressing black people or what? strange. Well, i dont really know what people wanna do with police now, it was more for the democrat votes, you know. Now there isnt a point to bring that up anymore.

Well I'll mention a couple of radical things about AOC: attempting to end fossil fuel, raising taxes(a LOT more than joe biden says he'll do), hating on the police(aka social security, classy commie tactic), and of course, siding with Antifa.

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-12 12:37:15

I don't have any biden memes...

I need a tanning bed, a 3D life to keep me from the cold.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-12 12:58:33

At 11/12/20 12:37 PM, PurpleShoes wrote: I don't have any biden memes...

i think you haven't been looking hard enough

iu_193435_2947313.jpg

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

At 11/12/20 05:10 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: He's not gonna make the healthcare system any better

We saw how well that turned out under Trump, and the GOP, who tried to make it worse but failed. I don't think he, or Democrats will do much on it, outside of trying to fix it, but it well depend on if they have control of the Senate to what extent.

he's not gonna give as much economic liberty as trump,

What the hell does that mean, outside of favoring the elite and corporations - well, those who bowed down to him, otherwise they were attacked and boycotted, or were regulated?

and he will start wars just like obama.

I never understood the whole Rand Paul argument against Biden, given that Trump and the GOP shoveled wartime funding to defense spending and Trump got into a few scraps that almost got us into a huge ass war. And what war are you talking about for Obama, Syria, where we didn't actual have US boots on the ground fighting in it - it was just training and supplying Syrian rebels? People on the right sure have a short term memory when a previous Republican administration started two huge wars, and then try to claim that Obama got us into one.

Response to The Official Biden Thread 2020-11-12 13:19:53

Oh boy.This thread is bound to go to hell.

All things aside.I can´t wait for the Court Case about this.

BBS Signature