00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Election Day 2020

18,919 Views | 608 Replies

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 07:53:37

At 11/6/20 07:53 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWRhLW7Y8w

Is this legit?

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:04:30

At 11/5/20 07:02 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: Admit it liberals. If the situation was reversed and Biden was calling for recounts and lawsuits you'd be all for them.

Recounts where it’s close is fair. But look st the bs Trump is pulling, trying to stop vote-counting, calling vote-fraud a looong time even before the election etc... get real, dawg

Wakka wakka

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:18:18

Biden just took the lead in Pennsylvania.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:20:00

At 11/6/20 09:04 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 11/5/20 07:02 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: Admit it liberals. If the situation was reversed and Biden was calling for recounts and lawsuits you'd be all for them.
Recounts where it’s close is fair. But look st the bs Trump is pulling, trying to stop vote-counting, calling vote-fraud a looong time even before the election etc... get real, dawg

Exactly. What would republicans think of Biden was President and pulled all the shit that Trump has been pulling the past 4 years and especially the past months. Would you then vote/root for Biden? After all, what would be the difference?

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:29:07

Thank fuck, Biden's just done it.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:37:53

At 11/6/20 09:35 AM, Peaceblossom wrote:
At 11/6/20 09:29 AM, Fim wrote: Thank fuck, Biden's just done it.
We've staved off revolution for four more years as the oppressed feel contented with the lesser of two evils

Don't downplay what an embolden second term Trump admin would have been like.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 09:45:00 (edited 2020-11-06 09:45:57)

Think of the person you know that seems of average intelligence. Straight up C student, doesn't have much going on for them. Doesn't understand what's going on around them most of the time. 

Now remember, they're average. Meaning that they are smarter than half of the population. Now look at your friends list. Those who are posting about the democrats trying to steal the election with fraud. Those are your friends who are in that group. Those are the ones who struggled with concepts of math and critical thinking throughout school.

Nice enough at first appearance. But literally no actual clue on what's going on in the world. Only the ability to regurgitate words from those they follow.

At 11/6/20 09:35 AM, Peaceblossom wrote:
We've staved off revolution for four more years as the oppressed feel contented with the lesser of two evils

The view of privelage. Trumps politics put my family in extreme danger for the last 4 years.

I'll take the lesser of two evils when the one evil had people spitting on my child, yelling at my wife to go back to Africa or they'd kill our family when we walked through town.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 10:21:02 (edited 2020-11-06 10:23:50)

At 11/6/20 09:45 AM, Fro wrote: Think of the person you know that seems of average intelligence. Straight up C student, doesn't have much going on for them. Doesn't understand what's going on around them most of the time. 

Now remember, they're average. Meaning that they are smarter than half of the population. Now look at your friends list. Those who are posting about the democrats trying to steal the election with fraud. Those are your friends who are in that group. Those are the ones who struggled with concepts of math and critical thinking throughout school.

Nice enough at first appearance. But literally no actual clue on what's going on in the world. Only the ability to regurgitate words from those they follow.

I’m not keen on phrases like “no clue on what’s going on in the world” because that’s also thrown out by others onto those who live a smooth, cushy lifestyle. We need to acknowledge that others perceive the world from a different point of view with different priorities.

That said, I have a huge issue with people feeding false information to others and corrupting them, often to the detriment of their mental health. That’s one of the reasons why I would like to see this era of 4-years done and dusted.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 10:24:22

At 11/6/20 10:21 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/6/20 09:45 AM, Fro wrote: Think of the person you know that seems of average intelligence. Straight up C student, doesn't have much going on for them. Doesn't understand what's going on around them most of the time. 

I’m not keen on phrases like “no clue on what’s going on in the world” because that’s also thrown out by others to those who they see as a face of privilege. We need to acknowledge that others perceive the world from a different point of view with different priorities.

That said, I have a huge issue with people feeding false information to others and corrupting them, often to the detriment of their mental health. That’s one of the reasons why I would like to see this era of 4-years done and dusted.

What's been intensely frustrating is watching how social media have responded to the last 48-72 hours and how well they've flagged and removed any misinformation, it just shows if they fucking cared enough they clearly have the capacity to do something about all the misinfo on their platforms.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 10:26:05

I’m not keen on phrases like “no clue on what’s going on in the world” because that’s also thrown out by others to those who they see as a face of privilege. We need to acknowledge that others perceive the world from a different point of view with different priorities.

True, but the wording I chose came from a place of being tired of arguing with people who have the ability to learn these things and see others perspectives, but choose not too. I was talking about the people who very well chose their path even though they had access to do otherwise. I didn't mean to lump everyone together because I'm aware that can be from a place of not having the resources in a lot of cases, but it's quite easy to do when their ideas are the same.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 11:44:16

At 11/6/20 09:45 AM, Fro wrote: Now remember, they're average. Meaning that they are smarter than half of the population. Now look at your friends list. Those who are posting about the democrats trying to steal the election with fraud. Those are your friends who are in that group. Those are the ones who struggled with concepts of math and critical thinking throughout school.

That is reminiscent to the words of George Carlin: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

I must admit there is a lot I do not know, and I caution myself by thinking of myself as average or below average in a lot of different fields of study. Moreover, I see there is illusory superiority on both sides of the political table. If I were to assume what Peaceblossom is talking about is the inevitable. Regardless of outcome, suffering continues to exist. We overcome that through empathy. This elitist talk perpetuates “below-average simpletons” in following a figure that is divisive. The mindset of thinking less of our neighbors that we share this land with only serves to alienate them. We dismiss the errs of a particular person because we are on their “team” as opposed to holding everyone accountable regardless of their ideologies or background. This is coming from the perspective that we can learn from all people regardless of background, intelligence, and beliefs. I see hypocrisy on both sides. If you meet someone that you think is “stupid” or “crazy,” what benefit do you get from making enemies out of them?

In case this attempt to stave off hyperbolic assertions is a bit futile, here’s some more Carlin: “Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.”

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 12:03:21 (edited 2020-11-06 12:15:30)

At 11/6/20 11:44 AM, Tyler wrote: LOL nice reading comprehension skills.

Your post was about Supreme Court and its credibility; mine was about the media.
You talked about a specific pundit, I talked about an institution.

Surely you can discern the difference... right?

(EDIT: I understand where the mistake was. Paragraphs are sorted for topics for a reason. If you want to come across as clear and concise, start a new paragraph when you change subjects.)

I’m not sure why you’re giving me grammar lessons since it was your posts that weren’t clear; you didn’t mention the media in your second post to Rydia.

It’s nice to know that you’re troubled by struggles with grammar rather than the current election results, by the way.

EDIT: re-reading your post to Rydia:

At 11/5/20 11:28 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 11/5/20 09:41 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 11/5/20 08:55 PM, Tyler wrote: EDIT: Furthermore, saying "getting involved would significantly diminish their credibility to the country" is the projection of the news media pundit. His negative valence feels his power slipping away and is doing a classic psychological redirection. The Supreme Court is MEANT to do this stuff.
They already did it in 2000. That cat's long been out of the bag.
I agree with you for sure. Its been near death, barely kept alive by boomers and aging gen Xers
Its death knell is now certain.

... I could swear that you’re claiming it’s the Supreme Court on its deathbed.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 12:23:17

Well boys, we did it.iu_190923_6881671.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 12:45:48 (edited 2020-11-06 12:54:23)

I'm sorry but the people I know over here in the UK who like Donald Trump are not on the same wavelength as regular folk. I would be confident that the overwhelming majority did badly at school.

I'd say the most common characteristic among them is a predilection to conspiratorial thinking. Which might mean that they don't view Trump's behaviour over the last few days as embarrassing but instead think he's correct. And they don't know a good source from a bad source. I'm pretty sure almost all flat-Earthers are Trump fans.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 12:59:43

At 11/6/20 10:24 AM, Fim wrote:

What's been intensely frustrating is watching how social media have responded to the last 48-72 hours and how well they've flagged and removed any misinformation, it just shows if they fucking cared enough they clearly have the capacity to do something about all the misinfo on their platforms.

I was talking to someone the other day who supports Trump, and religiosuly reads the Wall Street Journal, telling me about an opinion piece in it that suggested there should be less political commentary in this publication.

Now, that's not a bad idea, but to put this into more context, the person telling me this believers that the WSJ is a centrist newspaper, with a diversity of opinions, while always regurgitating Conservative talking points and fake news, and telling me that the media and tech companies are liberal, bias, and full of fake news. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't keep telling me that she wanted balance in government between our two party system, while always supporting the most divisive and partisan politicians on the right and attacking more centrist candidates - and calling Republicans who don't fall in line as RINOs, or liberals. *sigh

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 13:58:00

Good work Pennsylvania, I'm proud of ya.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:07:08

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Biden now leads by around a 1000 votes in Georgia.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:12:00

I'm already seeing some republicans on Twitter saying that they're gonna move out of America if Joe Biden wins, which is hilarious to me because they were making fun of people on the left for saying that same exact thing years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:30:55

At 11/6/20 02:26 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 11/6/20 12:03 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/6/20 11:44 AM, Tyler wrote: LOL nice reading comprehension skills.

Your post was about Supreme Court and its credibility; mine was about the media.
You talked about a specific pundit, I talked about an institution.

Surely you can discern the difference... right?

(EDIT: I understand where the mistake was. Paragraphs are sorted for topics for a reason. If you want to come across as clear and concise, start a new paragraph when you change subjects.)
I’m not sure why you’re giving me grammar lessons since it was your posts that weren’t clear; you didn’t mention the media in your second post to Rydia.

It’s nice to know that you’re troubled by struggles with grammar rather than the current election results, by the way.

EDIT: re-reading your post to Rydia:
At 11/5/20 11:28 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 11/5/20 09:41 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 11/5/20 08:55 PM, Tyler wrote: EDIT: Furthermore, saying "getting involved would significantly diminish their credibility to the country" is the projection of the news media pundit. His negative valence feels his power slipping away and is doing a classic psychological redirection. The Supreme Court is MEANT to do this stuff.
They already did it in 2000. That cat's long been out of the bag.
I agree with you for sure. Its been near death, barely kept alive by boomers and aging gen Xers
Its death knell is now certain.
... I could swear that you’re claiming it’s the Supreme Court on its deathbed.
I was addressing projection misdirection.

---

I am concerned (however not troubled by the election, because Trump will win in spite of election fraud).

This fraud will be dragged out for a LONG time. There are multiple coups and counter-coups playing out.

Turkey. I know we think each other is very annoying, but I hope you and everyone here maintains their mental health. The weeks to come are going to be very psychologically stressful and taxing on EVERYBODY. The process is out of our hands. The whole world waits with baited breath towards the results, but remember: its up to the professionals to sort through this mess and the intel now.

Can you show this actual fraud, or do you blindly swallow what orange guy sticks in your face for his own pleasure? The GOP have been claiming this shit for decades, but have never been able to show any significant amount that would alter election outcomes. They are just a bunch of sore looser, with Trump being the biggest one, who are more adept at disfranchising more people than their is fraud.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:38:47

At 11/6/20 02:17 PM, EdyKel wrote: Trump supporters are praying for the anti-Christ to win the election.

Good god, how do these people function?

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:39:35

iu_190956_8291078.jpg

Pixelday2021

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 14:41:42

At 11/6/20 02:33 PM, Zymbot wrote: They ought to just let Biden have it.

He's just gonna get cucked by McConnell and the Senate the entire time anyway.

The entire senate will have sex with Biden's wife? Damn.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 15:05:54

The view of privelage. Trumps politics put my family in extreme danger for the last 4 years.

I'll take the lesser of two evils when the one evil had people spitting on my child, yelling at my wife to go back to Africa or they'd kill our family when we walked through town.
That's really shitty to hear about. Trump is garbage, I just don't see Biden as all that different. Sure, I'm speaking from a point of privilege but what I'd ultimately like to see is some serious reform in the American system so that people can live their lives without the fear of being discriminated against. Biden isn't going to make America safe for oppressed peoples.

I agree that Biden won't make America safe for marginalized people, but Trump will make it much more dangerous. That's how I see it, anyway.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 16:06:33

I see

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 16:42:16 (edited 2020-11-06 16:42:47)

It took a court order to get the US Postal Service to do sweeps to find ballots, which it was resistant to do, leading to the annoyance of a judge handling the case - the government service is currently controlled by Republicans, two of which, including the Postmaster General, are Trump donors and who raise money for his campaign.

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 16:50:49

At 11/6/20 02:41 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 11/6/20 02:33 PM, Zymbot wrote: Cucked

Maybe we can hope that this election defeat will herald the end of the cuck insult

Back in your caves, Nazis

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 17:33:49

At 11/6/20 04:50 PM, Earfetish wrote:
Maybe we can hope that this election defeat will herald the end of the cuck insult

I think a lot of normal people say cuck as well tho. It's just become an addition to the infinite list of internet insults that were once considered really offensive but are basically meaningless now.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 17:38:53

At 11/6/20 12:23 PM, Babby32 wrote: Well boys, we did it.

Man, I wish.

At 11/6/20 02:12 PM, CarterSterling wrote: I'm already seeing some republicans on Twitter saying that they're gonna move out of America if Joe Biden wins, which is hilarious to me because they were making fun of people on the left for saying that same exact thing years ago.

Not to mention, Democrats would have an easier time finding another country with their politics. Republicans just seem barking mad to damn near the entire rest of the world.

At 11/6/20 05:33 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 11/6/20 04:50 PM, Earfetish wrote:

I think a lot of normal people say cuck as well tho. It's just become an addition to the infinite list of internet insults that were once considered really offensive but are basically meaningless now.

I prefer a different 4-letter C word.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Election Day 2020 2020-11-06 19:10:56

At 11/6/20 04:50 PM, Earfetish wrote: Maybe we can hope that this election defeat will herald the end of the cuck insult

Whatever happens with the election, I'd love to see an end to the whole "everyone who disagrees with me on absolutely any topic whatsoever is a Nazi" rhetoric in some circles.