00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm looking to get into making games

403 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys,

I'm an artist and cartoonist and have been getting into animation this year and it's gone really well.

I'd like to try making games for newgrounds. Do you guys have any tips and resources to start out?

Thanks!

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2020-10-18 21:31:39

Do you have an idea of the kinds of games you'd like to make? There's a collection of nice resources here on the NG wiki: https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/game-dev-resources

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2020-10-19 10:46:39

At 10/18/20 09:31 PM, OmarShehata wrote: Do you have an idea of the kinds of games you'd like to make? There's a collection of nice resources here on the NG wiki: https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/game-dev-resources

This definitely helps. I have some ideas for a web based 2D game. I want to make a game about flying.

At 10/20/20 09:12 AM, tehdroopy wrote: ... I also recommend giving the godot engine a shot ...

I also vote on Godot because of its editor. You can learn about the platforms it can export to here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1454508#bbspost26598649_post_text

"Hold me Gently, Kiss me Plenty!"

BBS Signature

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2020-10-30 04:10:16

At 10/18/20 03:31 PM, Ripthefalcon2 wrote: Hey guys,

I'm an artist and cartoonist and have been getting into animation this year and it's gone really well.

I'd like to try making games for newgrounds. Do you guys have any tips and resources to start out?

Thanks!

COME ON I MADE A GAME ALREADY

-EdalgmGaming

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2020-11-11 10:11:15

If you need help with the writing and narrative of the game please let me know, I can help!

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2020-12-14 14:21:18

Thanks!

If you need music let me know. Here's a sample of my stuff on this site.

Press Start Title Sequence

CIEIR, short for "Could It Exist In Real-Life?"

(Pronounced Seer: A person who can see the Future.)

See the future through music. Feel the future through music.

Response to I'm looking to get into making games 2021-01-03 19:47:17

Thanks!

If you've never made games before and don't know where to start. I'd highly recommend using Construct 3. It requires no programming knowledge. A lot of games on Newgrounds are made using it. It also has a free version.

I just released a game on Newgrounds made with Construct 3, check it out.