00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition!

2,356 Views | 143 Replies

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-16 03:42:20

Predictions for this weekend:

Rams @ Packers

Packers.

I know I got burned last week when I said that I didn't trust Goff to get a win over Seattle, but I really think that their squad isn't up to the task of taking down Aaron Rodgers after he's looked so good for the last few months and has had an bye-week to rest up.

Ravens @ Bills

Bills.

No offense to the Ravens here at all. I just think Buffalo is gonna pull out a win since Josh Allen and this Buffalo team have had the momentum of a locomotive. This will probably be the best game from this weekend.

Browns @ Chiefs

Chiefs.

Happy the Browns ended their playoff drought and got a big win against the Steelers last week. I'm very jealous as a Bengals fan. They're not as complete of a team as the defending Super Bowl champs, though. I think Cleveland will be going home with an L. Sorry!

Buccaneers @ Saints

Saints

This is gonna be close and I'm excited to see these divisional rivals duke it out for a third time this season, but I just feel like Drew Brees has been far more consistent than Brady this year and is more than capable of pulling out all of the stops to move onto the NFC Championship game next weekend.

:3

iu_225919_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-16 11:19:29

Packers, Bills, Chiefs and Saints will win this weekend.

The Rams do have an excellent defense, but they’re going up against a team that isn’t handcuffed like the Seahawks were in the Packers. GB pulls away in the second half.

Bills-Ravens can go either way, but the Bills have been the more consistent team throughout, Buffalo in a squeaker.

Chiefs-Browns is a mismatch, and it’s a matter of when the Browns get exposed, not if. KC might toy with them in the first half, but when they get serious, the Browns will falter as they always do.

Bucs-Saints can also go either way, but if the Saints want to be taken seriously, they should win this game, and they will.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-16 22:59:43

Yeesh, Ravens look completely lost on offense, and that pick 6 by Lamar Jackson in the 3rd quarter, followed by a concussion soon afterwards didn’t help.

Looks like the Bills are going to be in the AFC championship game. Last time that happened, the Sega Genesis was popular, Swat Kats was on TV and Kurt Cobain didn’t blow his brains out. (Yeah, the last was very dark, sorry)

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-17 00:49:13

At 1/16/21 10:59 PM, orangebomb wrote: Yeesh, Ravens look completely lost on offense, and that pick 6 by Lamar Jackson in the 3rd quarter, followed by a concussion soon afterwards didn’t help.

Looks like the Bills are going to be in the AFC championship game. Last time that happened, the Sega Genesis was popular, Swat Kats was on TV and Kurt Cobain didn’t blow his brains out. (Yeah, the last was very dark, sorry)

...I don't even want to think about how young I was at that time.

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-17 18:15:07

I never thought I would say this, but the Browns actually impressed me, even with a loss. (Mostly)

IDK if it has to do with Patrick Mahomes getting dinged with a concussion in the third quarter, but the Browns didn’t roll over as usual when they were down 19-3 and actually made it a game. It almost made me wonder why didn’t they go to the running game from the get go instead of waiting the second half, but regardless, they actually shown some heart throughout.

I just hope they don’t use the touchback/head shot as an excuse though.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-18 03:55:58

How funny would it be if the Buffalo Bills finally get out of the shadow of the Patriots dynasty from the last 20 years and make it to the Super Bowl, but end up losing to NFC Champion Tom Brady?

Crazy finish in New Orleans. It's amazing that Drew Brees was able to beat Tampa twice in 2020, but lost when it mattered most. Oof.

iu_226848_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-18 18:04:08

At 1/18/21 03:55 AM, ZJ wrote: How funny would it be if the Buffalo Bills finally get out of the shadow of the Patriots dynasty from the last 20 years and make it to the Super Bowl, but end up losing to NFC Champion Tom Brady?

Crazy finish in New Orleans. It's amazing that Drew Brees was able to beat Tampa twice in 2020, but lost when it mattered most. Oof.

I'll settle for them not losing the Super Bowl four years in a row again.

iu_227122_399279.jpg

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-19 22:02:01

Someone deserves a promotion.

iu_227753_399279.png

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-23 22:17:42

I’m officially predicting wins by Buffalo and Tampa Bay tomorrow. I wanna see the Bills finally win their first Super Bowl by beating their eternal rival, Tom Brady, in the big game.

iu_229814_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 14:09:32

I don’t have much faith with this pick, but I’m going to go with Buffalo to win. KC has been shaky for a while now, and with Watkins and Bell out, IDK how it’s going to affect the offense, and Mahomes’ turf toe can’t help. About the only reason why I’m hesitant is that Buffalo has had a long history of choking big games away, but this time, it should be different.

In the NFC, I have Green Bay winning. They are simply the better team overall, now that they have an actual defense and game plan that shouldn’t require Rodgers to bail them out constantly as it was in the past. The Bucs will keep it competitive, but I expect the Pack to pull away in the 4th.

(This would have been a legendary matchup about 6 or 7 years ago in a Super Bowl, but settling for a conference championship will suffice)

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 18:00:39

I will never get used to the phrase "Tom Brady's Buccaneers."

iu_230298_399279.jpg

also how the hell does she get this thing on

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 18:07:55

At 1/24/21 06:00 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I will never get used to the phrase "Tom Brady's Buccaneers."

Noice outfit on her. No clue how she does it either. Probably needs help from a friend to get it on.

Also, Tom has thrown a ton of interceptions today and Green Bay really hasn’t capitalized on that. If I was a Packers fan, I’d be furious that Tampa Bay has the lead right now because they’ve kinda played like garbage for a lot of this second half.

iu_230300_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 18:31:25

I should’ve known better than to bet against Brady. Green Bay settling for field goals pretty much shot themselves in the foot, and refball killed whatever chance they had left. (Seriously, you let them play for that long only to whip it out on a ticky-tack call) Now, they just gave Tampa Bay a home game for the Super Bowl.

I just figured out something, Tom Brady must be a Hamon user, (or the TB12 method is our version of Hamon at least) for him to barely age, yet perform at a high enough level to get to a Super Bowl.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 18:34:07

Ay if this shits rigged may as well be for tampa for once amirite

Suckmuhdick!

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 22:20:19

This is only tangentially related: I'm surprised my job wasn't busier tonight. It's the CHAMPIONSHIPS tonight, right? Do people not want pizza delivery til the Super Bowl?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

What to listen to next?

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 22:42:08

Chiefs goin back to the superbowl baby let's fuckin goooooooooo

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-24 23:21:10

At 1/24/21 06:07 PM, ZJ wrote: Also, Tom has thrown a ton of interceptions today and Green Bay really hasn’t capitalized on that. If I was a Packers fan, I’d be furious that Tampa Bay has the lead right now because they’ve kinda played like garbage for a lot of this second half.

That pic will give me nightmares.

I think Brady and Bucs fans thought that bringing the gang down from Boston would equal success. Nope. Belichick maintains a specific culture of accountability with the Patriots, and that's why they've been so successful. Maybe that's why Cam Newton sucks all of a sudden--he's so used to being allowed to do whatever the hell he wants.

That, and Father Time is catching up with Brady and the gang.

iu_230468_399279.jpg

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-25 00:01:04

At 1/24/21 10:20 PM, Ryanson wrote: This is only tangentially related: I'm surprised my job wasn't busier tonight. It's the CHAMPIONSHIPS tonight, right? Do people not want pizza delivery til the Super Bowl?

It's the championship games of the AFC and NFC which are the NFL's two conferences. Those winners go onto the Super Bowl.

Typically speaking, those games aren't as big of a deal as the Super Bowl itself so it doesn't shock me that there wasn't as much activity tonight for you. Even my own family, who are nuts about football, don't go all-out with the food and drinking for the NFL until the Super Bowl.

iu_230484_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-25 00:30:03

At 1/25/21 12:01 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 1/24/21 10:20 PM, Ryanson wrote: This is only tangentially related: I'm surprised my job wasn't busier tonight. It's the CHAMPIONSHIPS tonight, right? Do people not want pizza delivery til the Super Bowl?
It's the championship games of the AFC and NFC which are the NFL's two conferences. Those winners go onto the Super Bowl.

Typically speaking, those games aren't as big of a deal as the Super Bowl itself so it doesn't shock me that there wasn't as much activity tonight for you. Even my own family, who are nuts about football, don't go all-out with the food and drinking for the NFL until the Super Bowl.

Last year petered out a bit after like before the halftime show. But I still expect it to be quite busy, so I gotta bring my A-game that day.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

What to listen to next?

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-31 21:24:01

Open Question: Should I lock this thread and start a new Super Bowl thread next weekend or would it be better to keep all of that big game football discussion in here where its been for the rest of the season?

@orangebomb @RydiaLockheart @All-American-Badass @ Anyone else that wants to chime in.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-02-01 12:27:59

At 1/31/21 09:24 PM, ZJ wrote: Open Question: Should I lock this thread and start a new Super Bowl thread next weekend or would it be better to keep all of that big game football discussion in here where its been for the rest of the season?

@orangebomb @RydiaLockheart @All-American-Badass @ Anyone else that wants to chime in.

I would like to keep this thread alive for the Super Bowl, if mostly because they will essentially cannibalize each other. Since there was no Pro Bowl this year, and nobody seems to care about it anyway, there wasn’t much worth discussing at that time. Also, since there is two weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl itself, I tend to avoid the prognostication for the first week, and only pay serious attention on Thursday-Friday.

In other news, Matt Stafford got traded to the Rams for Jared Goff and several always first round picks. IDK how sustainable this strategy is in the long run, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Rams win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years, which may have been the point.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-02-01 21:41:32

At 1/31/21 09:24 PM, ZJ wrote: Open Question: Should I lock this thread and start a new Super Bowl thread next weekend or would it be better to keep all of that big game football discussion in here where its been for the rest of the season?

I say lock and start over.

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-02-05 17:03:06

IDK how long this thread will stay up, so I’ll just go ahead with my prediction now.

I’ve gone back and forth with this, but I’m going to go with Kansas City to win. It’ll be a shootout kind of game, where offenses will go up and down the field, so getting sacks and Ints will be paramount. Neither team will pull away until late in the 4th quarter, and KC’s offense will be too much to handle. Chiefs win 33-28.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-02-06 15:14:02

At 2/1/21 09:41 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:

I say lock and start over.

Agreed. Go here.

iu_237307_1658435.gif

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature