00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition!

2,358 Views | 143 Replies

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-11-26 12:04:40

At 11/23/20 07:37 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 11/22/20 11:53 PM, ZJ wrote: Joe Burrow out with a knee injury for the rest of the season.
Bengals fans: Hey, maybe get Burrow an O-line so he doesn't get killed?
Bengals: Nah, we good.

Obligatory “Fuck you, Mike Brown” comment.

This team will never get better as long as he owns this team, as he already squandered 2 quality QBs and a Super Bowl caliber roster in the early 2010’s, and is already trying to make Joe Burrow into the next Archie Manning.

What makes it worse is that the BROWNS of all teams, are actually competent for the first time in decades. Sell the fucking team, Mike Brown.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-11-29 00:47:37

So I can't watch the game tomorrow because the Ratbirds can't keep their COVID shit together. They are saying Tuesday, but who the fuck knows.

I'm worn out, so other than Christmas decorations, I just wanted to veg in front of the TV. Though having the TV on when I'm hanging ornaments is always good.

iu_201452_399279.jpg

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-02 16:47:21

Are you breathing easy now that your team is FINALLY playing against the Ravens @RydiaLockheart? It only got delayed by six days!

Probably not, though. They're playing WAY down to the level of their competition. This is the shakiest 10-0 squad that I've ever seen.

iu_203357_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-02 19:33:47

At 12/2/20 04:47 PM, ZJ wrote: Are you breathing easy now that your team is FINALLY playing against the Ravens @RydiaLockheart? It only got delayed by six days!

Probably not, though. They're playing WAY down to the level of their competition. This is the shakiest 10-0 squad that I've ever seen.

I told everyone at work I'd believe it when I saw the coin toss. They were all upbeat about RGIII playing today.

But...yeah. Of course I'm happy, but the 11-0 record is dumb luck since they've been playing a bunch of terrible teams.

iu_203443_399279.jpg

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-02 21:14:36

At 12/2/20 07:33 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 12/2/20 04:47 PM, ZJ wrote: Are you breathing easy now that your team is FINALLY playing against the Ravens @RydiaLockheart? It only got delayed by six days!

I told everyone at work I'd believe it when I saw the coin toss. They were all upbeat about RGIII playing today.

But...yeah. Of course I'm happy, but the 11-0 record is dumb luck since they've been playing a bunch of terrible teams.

About 2 weeks from now, Pittsburgh will go against the Bills in Buffalo, and 2 weeks afterward, they play the Colts who’ll be fighting for a playoff spot, let alone their division. If they can win those 2 games, then they may have what it takes to challenge Kansas City for the AFC title.

Of course, knowing Steelers’ recent history, they just as likely going to fuck all that up and curse themselves in the process.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-06 16:33:47

Am I the only person watching this Miami vs Cin game? This has been the craziest game. There has been five ejections. I repeat, Five players were kicked out. The Bengals have this player # 80 who keeps doing illegal plays. Two times in a row, the Bengals punted Miami the ball, and # 80 illegal hit the Miami receiver.

Miami sacked the Bengals QB # 8, and he left the game. # 5 took over for them. The game went about 25 mins overtime. Miami ended up winning 19-7. It would of been higher, but they took away two touchdowns from Miami .

I probably did not describe it well, but it was a crazy and wacky game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-13 23:34:18

Dear @RydiaLockHeart: I'll bet you're glad that Pittsburgh's next game will be in eight days against an extremely cruddy Cincinnati Bengals team. It's crazy that your Steelers won 11 straight and then decided to look like total dog shit for the last eight quarters of football that they've played.

At least Andy Dalton got a big win today. :3

iu_208533_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Steelers defense is irritating me. They score 3 times in a row, are third in the league right now. They better clutch this or I’m gonna literally do a fuc

edit: YES WE’RE IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-27 16:46:22

At 12/27/20 04:02 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Steelers defense is irritating me. They score 3 times in a row, are third in the league right now. They better clutch this or I’m gonna literally do a fuc

edit: YES WE’RE IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY

I’m gonna laugh if your Pittsburgh boys beat the Browns next weekend and help keep Cleveland out of the playoffs yet again. I think all it would take is another loss for them coupled with a Colts win.

More importantly, them Bengals rolled on a crappy Houston team today despite there being nothing to play for. Feels good man.

iu_215590_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-28 21:38:10

Browns fans today:

iu_216218_399279.gif

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-28 21:47:10

At 12/28/20 09:38 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Browns fans today:

Whaddya think babe? I bet we’re going all the way this season

And so are we going all the way once you divorce your husband for me gorgeous

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-28 23:18:37

At 12/28/20 09:47 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 12/28/20 09:38 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
And so are we going all the way once you divorce your husband for me gorgeous

Don't push your luck.

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-29 15:12:03

Any of you legends gonna watch that NFL playoff game that will be airing on Nickelodeon?

I definitely wanna see Tom Brady get slimed on wild card weekend.

iu_216562_1658435.png

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-29 19:56:51

Spotted on Facebook.

iu_216695_399279.jpg

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-30 06:50:07

At 12/29/20 07:56 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Spotted on Facebook.

Obituary of a life-long Browns fan: "He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time."

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2020-12-30 12:00:55

At 12/29/20 03:12 PM, ZJ wrote: Any of you legends gonna watch that NFL playoff game that will be airing on Nickelodeon?

I definitely wanna see Tom Brady get slimed on wild card weekend.

Chances are that they’ll get a total mismatch game, (i.e Bills vs Browns/Colts or Saints vs Bears/Cardinals) and the commentary will be dumbed down. I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts that it’ll be a one time experiment, unless they either get the highest ratings on Wild Card weekend or is so memetic enough not to ignore.

Then again, it would fit perfectly with the Cleveland Browns, considering that they run their franchise like a cartoon, let alone their game plan for decades. (Seriously, run the fucking ball with Chubb and Hunt. Mayfield isn’t a Mahomes, Watson or even a Burrow type of QB who you can give him the ball 40 times and expect to win)

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-01 17:32:13

Not NFL, but this shit killed me. My alma mater was SO stupidly close to beating a good SEC team and proving they belonged in the conversation of best teams in college football.

Ugh.

iu_218563_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-01 18:41:32

At 1/1/21 05:32 PM, ZJ wrote: Not NFL, but this shit killed me. My alma mater was SO stupidly close to beating a good SEC team and proving they belonged in the conversation of best teams in college football.

Ugh.

I doubt that the Bearcats would’ve gotten in anyway, partly because of the Big Ten fucking up their own schedule and pulled a ton of strings to hotshot Ohio State in despite not even playing the minimum amount of games, because money. (Until they get assblasted by Clemson again) If this was professional wrestling, Ohio State would be the equivalent of Dixie Carter or Roman Reigns (pre-Leukemia) with the amount of X-Pac Heat they would get.

Dont hate the player, hate the game. The 1% of the Power 5 teams essentially enables football imperialism, and which is why they need a serious restructuring.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-02 03:55:39

I'm rooting for either the Bills or the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl this year.

Vikings sucked ass this year. That's what happens when you get rid of some good players to keep a mediocre QB.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Playoff bump.

Saturday:

IND @ BUF

(Buffalo will pull away in the second half for the win)

LAR @ SEA

(Calling an upset here, Rams in a squeaker)

TB @ WSH

(One has Brady, the other does not, Tampa Bay wins)

Sunday:

BAL @ TEN

(If not now, when? I got Baltimore winning)

CHI @ NO

(Bears get slimed by the Saints)

CLE @ PIT

(When in doubt, go with a team that doesn’t have COVID. Steelers in a rout)

So, who does everyone got?

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-08 20:58:14

IND @ BUF

Buffalo. They've got the momentum. Feel like they might be the AFC's Super Bowl team if they keep it up. We'll see.

LAR @ SEA

Seattle. Just don't trust the Rams as much as I used to. Goff probably isn't even in my top five quarterbacks in this year's playoffs.

TB @ WSH

Tampa Bay. Washington looked like garbage against Philly in the last week of the regular season. I think Brady will murder them.

BAL @ TEN

Baltimore. No faith that the Titans will do anything against a really strong team like the Ravens.

CHI @ NO

New Orleans. Go Brees Go.

CLE @ PIT

Pittsburgh. I'm happy that the Browns finally got over their playoff drought, but I think Big Ben has something to prove and will do so against this Cleveland squad.

iu_222432_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-09 21:34:24

I was wondering if Buffalo was having another flashback to their numerous playoff failures and a call that should have been a fumble wasn’t. Luckily for them, they held on, it only took 25 years.

As for the Rams-Seahawks, I kind of predicted an upset was going to happen considering how Seattle has been falling apart on offense in recent weeks facing against the Rams’ top-ranked defense.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 16:30:54

I guess Baltimore dethroned King Henry when they only kept him to 40 yards. (Though the Titans’ play calling was complicit in regicide as well)

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 17:24:12

Any of you chads also watching this Bears game on Nick? I wanna see Brees get slimed IRL.

iu_223403_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 17:29:27

At 1/10/21 05:24 PM, ZJ wrote: Any of you chads also watching this Bears game on Nick? I wanna see Brees get slimed IRL.

No, how is it? I heard that they were getting a game.

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 17:42:44

At 1/10/21 05:29 PM, Swabs wrote:
At 1/10/21 05:24 PM, ZJ wrote: Any of you chads also watching this Bears game on Nick? I wanna see Brees get slimed IRL.

The commentary has been insane. There’s your standard play-by-play guy with a former player doing color, but they’re sharing the booth with some Nick teen star and have to include her in all of their conversations. Imagine asking someone who has the bare minimum amount of knowledge on football if a team should go for it on 4th down. Lot of that.

Also, one of the guys said that he wants to be like Tommy Pickles from Rugrats and just do whatever he wants in a diaper all day. That line made me genuinely laugh not gonna lie.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 17:47:19

At 1/10/21 05:42 PM, ZJ wrote:
The commentary has been insane. There’s your standard play-by-play guy with a former player doing color, but they’re sharing the booth with some Nick teen star and have to include her in all of their conversations. Imagine asking someone who has the bare minimum amount of knowledge on football if a team should go for it on 4th down. Lot of that.

Also, one of the guys said that he wants to be like Tommy Pickles from Rugrats and just do whatever he wants in a diaper all day. That line made me genuinely laugh not gonna lie.

I don't know how I would feel about the Nick teen star in the booth as well. I was under the impression that it would be like a normal game but with all the Nick extra effects.

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-10 20:53:39

At 1/10/21 05:47 PM, Swabs wrote:
At 1/10/21 05:42 PM, ZJ wrote:

I don't know how I would feel about the Nick teen star in the booth as well. I was under the impression that it would be like a normal game but with all the Nick extra effects.

I was actually surprised on how entertainingly good the commentary was. I’d expected Bureleson to carry the whole thing on commentary, but I didn’t expect the other 2 to contribute as much as they did. Occasional flubs aside, it was actually kind of enjoyable, especially considering it was a dog of a game.

Speaking of dogs, WTF, PITTSBURGH? You are getting chumped by the Browns with bad snaps and general dumbfuckery to a team has doesn’t have their head coach, or some of their players due to COVID.

28-0 and it’s not even the 2nd quarter. Tomlin is probably going to get fired for this, or at least the coaching staff.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-11 02:01:53

At 1/10/21 08:53 PM, orangebomb wrote: 28-0 and it’s not even the 2nd quarter. Tomlin is probably going to get fired for this, or at least the coaching staff.

The Steelers started showing some signs of life towards the end of that game and actually had some pretty good offensive drives, but they just couldn’t make up for the fact that they allowed 21 unanswered points in that first quarter. It was a surreal game from beginning to end. Kinda bummed me out as a Bengals fan to see Cleveland end their decade plus playoff drought and get a big playoff win against a division rival. Wish Marvin Lewis could have accomplished that for Cincy with the multiple playoff appearances.

iu_223617_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NFL Thread: Hotrods & Hot Gals Edition! 2021-01-11 07:02:04

At 1/11/21 02:01 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 1/10/21 08:53 PM, orangebomb wrote: 28-0 and it’s not even the 2nd quarter. Tomlin is probably going to get fired for this, or at least the coaching staff.
The Steelers started showing some signs of life towards the end of that game and actually had some pretty good offensive drives, but they just couldn’t make up for the fact that they allowed 21 unanswered points in that first quarter. It was a surreal game from beginning to end. Kinda bummed me out as a Bengals fan to see Cleveland end their decade plus playoff drought and get a big playoff win against a division rival. Wish Marvin Lewis could have accomplished that for Cincy with the multiple playoff appearances.

I did not know that they sold their soul, committed Aztec sacrifices or found a monkey paw to get a playoff win, but apparently the Cleveland Browns wished for a playoff win against their rival and got it. Hope it was worth it, now that they will face against Kansas City who will collect their proverbial souls and expose them as what the Browns really are, a very flawed team whose luck is going to run out.

BBS Signature