00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020

13,755 Views | 169 Replies

After a five-year hiatus, the Worst Song Competition is back!

We often have contests to make the best song possible and we often lose track of having fun. Well, this contest is for just how bad you can make a song!

There'll be three categories, and one overall Winrar, and those categories are:

CRINGE: Like your stereotypical first ever piece of audio made. The kind of song that hurts one's ears.

HUMOUR: A piece that you'd otherwise take seriously, but with fart noises for example. The kind of song that is so bad that it hurts one's SIDES.

PARODY: A piece that lampshades bad things in audio that are being done to this day, like overcompression, overuse of tropes, cheesy sound, overuse of sound effects...

HOW IT WORKS:

1. ο»ΏYou have two weeks from today, i.e. until 29 October 2020 at 23:59 PST, to come up with the worst possible thing you could ever make.
  2. Every entrant can put in a maximum of two pieces.
  3. At the end of the contest period, voting will be done on the NG Audio Pub Discord server, where we'll have a listening party on the 30th. Prepare for maximum earbleed!
  4. As submissions cannot be put on the NG Audio Portal normally, you need to upload them to the project system and set them visible to Anyone, like so:

iu_181013_3805804.png

Once you've put them in the project system, post the link to your project in this thread.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q: Can I write a song?

A: Maybe?

Q: How do i winrar?

A: Start by perhaps rubbing Tankman's shiny, shiny behind and see what noises come out of itβ€”

X: Or maybe take all the pharmaceuticals at once? (Thanks, @LD-W)

Y: Or have some work termination and hard derp? (Thanks, @etherealwinds)

Z: That way u winrar for shure.

Once this is done, feel free to post it anywhere... or hide your head in shame that you tried this maybe? 😳

You all have two weeks. Hop to it, and let the ear-bleeding commence!

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 11:56:03

Finally a competition I can win :D

Just a random idiot

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 12:59:11

Sounds like a very fun contest hahaha!

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 13:49:51

current mood: senko san saying Poggers

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 14:07:29

Thanks @Troisnyx! Terrible music is exactly what I want for my birthday this year!!!!

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 14:35:52

At 10/15/20 02:07 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Thanks @Troisnyx! Terrible music is exactly what I want for my birthday this year!!!!

Happy @PsychoGoldfish Day, everyone!

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 14:39:21

At 10/15/20 10:54 AM, Troisnyx wrote: PARODY: A piece that lampshades bad things in audio that are being done to this day, like overcompression,

O h

I guess my abandoned songs in unpublished projects are finally qualified to a musical standard

Put that ratio value up to 10 and that threshold in the lowest muddafuxaz lezz goooo

---------------------

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 14:46:19

At 10/15/20 10:54 AM, Troisnyx wrote: After a five-year hiatus, the Worst Song Competition is back!

We often have contests to make the best song possible and we often lose track of having fun. Well, this contest is for just how bad you can make a song!

There'll be three categories, and one overall Winrar, and those categories are:

CRINGE: Like your stereotypical first ever piece of audio made. The kind of song that hurts one's ears.

HUMOUR: A piece that you'd otherwise take seriously, but with fart noises for example. The kind of song that is so bad that it hurts one's SIDES.

PARODY: A piece that lampshades bad things in audio that are being done to this day, like overcompression, overuse of tropes, cheesy sound, overuse of sound effects...

HOW IT WORKS:

Once you've put them in the project system, post the link to your project in this thread.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q: Can I write a song?
A: Maybe?
Q: How do i winrar?
A: Start by perhaps rubbing Tankman's shiny, shiny behind and see what noises come out of itβ€”
X: Or maybe take all the pharmaceuticals at once? (Thanks, @LD-W)
Y: Or have some work termination and hard derp? (Thanks, @etherealwinds)
Z: That way u winrar for shure.

Once this is done, feel free to post it anywhere... or hide your head in shame that you tried this maybe? 😳

You all have two weeks. Hop to it, and let the ear-bleeding commence!

This seems very funny Cx

How's it going mate? 🀠

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 17:55:07

YES! YES! YES! YES! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO! Straight WINNING. Nothing but W's for everyone

Game time baby girl

BBS Signature

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1534637/preview

Not sure if posted correctly, feel free to take down the response otherwise.

I had this in my files for a while, but didn't see fit to uploading it.

This is the perfect place for it

... Low effort is good for the worst right?

The ending is the most brilliant climax you can imagine.

Let me see... I should have something else terrible floating around that I haven't uploaded

A Zyn synthesized Death Whistle? Hmmm not long enough.

A Zyn synthesized HL1 scientist screaming? Still not long enough.

A Zyn synthesized Roblox Oof? Same problem.

Hm... I know I've got something around here somewhere.

Alright, I've only got this on the side, the other thing I had in mind, which was an oof choir chord progression, is on my external drive, which I'm too lazy to fetch. It's also not long enough, but it's more melodical than prior submission ideas.

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1534638/preview

I figure it's altered enough to not be an issue, let me know if it isn't

I was going to submit ShitPost, but I already uploaded it unfortunately

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 20:21:27

I have never made music or looked into making music. I will now illegally download FL Studio and win this.

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-15 21:34:13

I'm happy for everyone who will not win this contest.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 00:05:05

At 10/15/20 05:55 PM, Thriftman wrote: YES! YES! YES! YES! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO! Straight WINNING. Nothing but W's for everyone

LETS GOOO TEDDY WE MF SHOE IN FOR DIS

sicko mode

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 07:37:12

At 10/15/20 07:24 PM, Geekygami wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1534637/preview
Not sure if posted correctly, feel free to take down the response otherwise.
I had this in my files for a while, but didn't see fit to uploading it.

This is the perfect place for it
... Low effort is good for the worst right?
The ending is the most brilliant climax you can imagine.

Counting the first one as an entry, not so much the second as it's evident what it's meant to be.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 07:57:06

@TroisNyx

Are royalty free vocal samples ok for the contest?

I used some from music radar website for the last contest years ago.

https://soundcloud.com/925lab/zombiesuicidegirls-premiere

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 08:00:07

At 10/16/20 07:57 AM, Daru925 wrote: @TroisNyx
Are royalty free vocal samples ok for the contest?
I used some from music radar website for the last contest years ago.
https://soundcloud.com/925lab/zombiesuicidegirls-premiere

Long as you have the permissions to use them (purchased, or Creative Commons or public domain), 'sfine.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 11:52:10

Finally something original for once

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 13:16:27

this is the best music event thing on Newgrounds ever yes

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 14:01:38

At 10/15/20 02:39 PM, VortexSupernova wrote:
At 10/15/20 10:54 AM, Troisnyx wrote: PARODY: A piece that lampshades bad things in audio that are being done to this day, like overcompression,
O h

I guess my abandoned songs in unpublished projects are finally qualified to a musical standard

Since everybody started to put their submissions outside unpublished projects: disclaimer - I did not make Yeyeyel, but if you want a great inspiration, I recommending visiting JAVG's YouTube channel, he has great content

https://www.youtube.com/c/JustAVirtualGuyJAVG

I hope you find his music to be an inspiration to crack FLS, Massive and to create fart sounds using triple osc to win this contest. Good luck everybody πŸ’ž

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 14:24:58

But if I make the worst song, then it would be the best. But if it's the best how can it be the worst? What about the worst worst song?

BBS Signature

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 14:32:20

OHOHOHOHOHOH This is gonna be the craziest contest i'm gonna ever take part into! May the best ----masterpiece---- win .-D

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 15:25:56

At 10/16/20 02:01 PM, VortexSupernova wrote:
At 10/15/20 02:39 PM, VortexSupernova wrote:
O h

Since everybody started to put their submissions outside unpublished projects: disclaimer - I did not make Yeyeyel, but if you want a great inspiration, I recommending visiting JAVG's YouTube channel, he has great content
https://www.youtube.com/c/JustAVirtualGuyJAVG

I hope you find his music to be an inspiration to crack FLS, Massive and to create fart sounds using triple osc to win this contest. Good luck everybody πŸ’ž

The submissions that will be accepted are unpublished projects on NG ONLY.

As for cracking FL, I would strongly advise against that. If you want to go free, use Tracktion 7, Reaper, or Ableton Live Lite 10 (which is going free till end December).

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 17:02:06

Is teaming up allowed? Like, I can do vocals for someone, if they do a sick (see also: vomit) beat.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 17:03:19

At 10/16/20 05:02 PM, TemporarySevenSeize wrote: Is teaming up allowed? Like, I can do vocals for someone, if they do a sick (see also: vomit) beat.

Maximum of two people.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 17:05:03

At 10/16/20 05:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 10/16/20 05:02 PM, TemporarySevenSeize wrote: Is teaming up allowed? Like, I can do vocals for someone, if they do a sick (see also: vomit) beat.
Maximum of two people.

Cool, well, to anyone who wants some cringe worthy vocals, call me.

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-16 17:10:10

well, i made something but it's so unbearably bad that i'd be embarrassed to have it tied to my name

hi, i'm lily

Response to NG WORST SONG COMPETITION 2020 2020-10-17 00:42:44

I did this... (oh my god, what have i done?)

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1535189/preview

bottom text

BBS Signature